• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh, great !
Thanks for the head-up. I would never have thought to look here, and even if I had, I would never have noticed it and understood what it was for ^^

If I remember correctly there used to be some debate if the setting 'sticks', when you switch threads or forums. I hope it does do so now :/

If I remember correctly there used to be some debate if the setting 'sticks', when you switch threads or forums. I hope it does do so now :/
No, it doesn't stick yet.

The width setting seems to reset once per day for me now. Instead of every visit to the forum. Or am I just lucky?

Edit: Yeah, I was lucky. It's back to resetting randomly.

Last edited:
This is regarding the new forum design, but I can't find the thread for that...

The notification icon for new and unread posts seems to have gone missing. Iirc, it used to have a white 'bell' icon, as well as the little red square, but that doesn't appear anymore, and the red square disappears as soon as the first new post is clicked on, which means that for every subsequent post, I'm clicking on nothing... just the black background where I know the button should be.

I much preferred the old button, which became active just by hovering over it, so having to click on it was already a retrograde step, but this latest change just has to be a mistake, doesn't it? The fact that I haven't been able to find anyone else complaining about it makes me think that not everyone is seeing the same thing, but I'm getting it in both the 'Paradox' and 'Classic' skins.

This is regarding the new forum design, but I can't find the thread for that...

The notification icon for new and unread posts seems to have gone missing. Iirc, it used to have a white 'bell' icon, as well as the little red square, but that doesn't appear anymore, and the red square disappears as soon as the first new post is clicked on, which means that for every subsequent post, I'm clicking on nothing... just the black background where I know the button should be.

I much preferred the old button, which became active just by hovering over it, so having to click on it was already a retrograde step, but this latest change just has to be a mistake, doesn't it? The fact that I haven't been able to find anyone else complaining about it makes me think that not everyone is seeing the same thing, but I'm getting it in both the 'Paradox' and 'Classic' skins.
That's very strange. On desktop I don't have this problem, is it a mobile thing? And if so can you confirm that it's not "hidden" in a drop-down?

That's very strange. On desktop I don't have this problem, is it a mobile thing? And if so can you confirm that it's not "hidden" in a drop-down?
I'm on a laptop, running Chrome.

Had a feeling I was special. :rolleyes:

I'm on a laptop, running Chrome.

Had a feeling I was special. :rolleyes:
On my laptop, with Chrome. Next to the bell, i have the number of unread new posts. The notification number doesn't go down until i check the threads... which i feel is better than the notification number disappearing by just hovering over the bell.

On my laptop, with Chrome. Next to the bell, i have the number of unread new posts. The notification number doesn't go down until i check the threads... which i feel is better than the notification number disappearing by just hovering over the bell.
I don't have the bell at all anymore... I used to, but it went missing several weeks ago. The red box with a number disappears as soon as I click on one of the unread posts... so, on the second click, I suppose you could say. For some reason, I'm just not seeing what you, and maybe everyone else, is seeing.

I don't have the bell at all anymore... I used to, but it went missing several weeks ago. The red box with a number disappears as soon as I click on one of the unread posts... so, on the second click, I suppose you could say. For some reason, I'm just not seeing what you, and maybe everyone else, is seeing.
Could it be hidden or repressed by an adblocker or other script blocker?

Could it be hidden or repressed by an adblocker or other script blocker?
I do use an adblocker, no script blocker active, and I've now tried turning off all extensions... no difference.

Have you tried a different browser?

Have you tried a different browser?
I have not. :)

Quite honestly, I can live with it, rather than change browser. And if it really is just me, I've probably taken up enough of people's time.

I would ask that for those of us who are stuck with the avatars that just have a letter, at least let us change the colour? I have a number of Paradox games but because they're on console I don't get any badges or avatars for them. I can appreciate the difficulty in syncing with console networks, but sticking us with a single unchoosable colour for our avatar is kinda lame in my opinion.

I would ask that for those of us who are stuck with the avatars that just have a letter, at least let us change the colour? I have a number of Paradox games but because they're on console I don't get any badges or avatars for them. I can appreciate the difficulty in syncing with console networks, but sticking us with a single unchoosable colour for our avatar is kinda lame in my opinion.
hol up. console folks dont get nothing? I've not had a console since the SNES, aren't modern consoles internet capable? Is there no way for them to register their games?

Might not be an API (agreement to share info) between Paradox and either Microsoft or Sony.
That's what's been said, indeed. Same for Epic Games Store.

don't get me wrong; I think grand strategy games should be played on PC, not console; but to shut console players out like this don't sit right with me.

as such my idea to improve the forum is to get an API between paradox and the console folk.

don't get me wrong; I think grand strategy games should be played on PC, not console; but to shut console players out like this don't sit right with me.

as such my idea to improve the forum is to get an API between paradox and the console folk.
As far as i understood it from what @TinyWiking said, the problem is those other stores not willing to have that API.

Reactions:
The whole API thing is murky. None of the consoles or Epic speaks much about it. I know Epic was able to get something going with Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. But it took the juggernaut of Fortnite and other conditions for them to get anywhere. I don't expect Paradox to be able to set something up on that front. It'd be nice, but the ball is mostly in the court of other companies.
I just really don't like this colour.