• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
edit: Moved my post to the Upgrade forum feedback thread
Better there

Last edited:
Concur with this - especially the optically challenging point. Navigation issues aside, for some reason (that I confess I can't quite articulate why) it's incredibly difficult even to understand what it is I'm seeing. It's a strange kind of "accessibility" issue - whose unpleasantness I've noticed increasingly puts me off even visiting the forums. On the first day (when search was locked down) I couldn't even find dev diaries except by search engine.

Beyond that - if we're stuck with it I have two big QoL irritations:
  1. Currently dev diaries are just about the only thing that attracts me to the forums at all. However, the "all posts / dev posts only" toggle (when displaying threads) seems to have been removed. For me the only interesting content is the dev posts. Consequently I've realized it's a waste of time trying to actually browse threads. Rather I go straight to search for dev content on threads with "dev diary" in the thread title. So: please restore/recreate the toggle!
  2. When in search/advanced search, please preserve all the settings from the last search - separately for each search-tab (especially on choices from the interminable list of forums)
Thank you for restoring the "show only dev responses" toggle.

This may be impossible - it almost certainly is, but - an idea:

1592131853579.png

I don't play much Skylines. Stellaris and EU4 are the two games I play the most of right now. So, on a whim, I tried to drag the EU4 forum to be in the first row. Knocking CK2 down to the second row. DIdn't work of course.

My suggestion is to make this work. To let us re-order the forums as we want based on our own personal usage preferences.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Kick the Ned Flandersesque policing of low-level swearwords from the tos. The first four letters of the word damnation, for instance. Gosh diddely darn tootin.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Kick the Ned Flandersesque policing of low-level swearwords from the tos. The first four letters of the word damnation, for instance. Gosh diddely darn tootin.
While I personally agree I guess that's not so easy as it's a cultural thing of what is accepted/acceptable and what not.

For example the F-word is accepted in German free TV at prime time shows and no one... cares.
Unthinkable some 10 or 15 or so years ago and afaik still unthinkable in other countries (like the USA).

If for example Gordon Ramsey's "Hell's Kitchen" was a German show there wouldn't be any beeps. I guess Tim Mälzer's "Kitchen Impossible" (which is a German show despite the name) comes quite close profanity-wise. Must be related to the profession...

Whatever. For an international platform that wants to be family friendly it's the best to settle on the lowest "profanity threshold" and enforce it.

Reactions:
Whatever. For an international platform that wants to be family friendly it's the best to settle on the lowest "profanity threshold" and enforce it.

While I do think that the claims to family friendliness are a bit of an affectation (given the themes of the published games) I do agree with the basic sentiment of keeping it to a dull roar to accommodate a broad spectrum of cultural sensibilities. But I dare say that a PEGI 7 level dull rather than PEGI 3 puritan overdrive dull would suffice. Apologies to any and all three to six year old forumites. :D

Reactions:
Have it the Judge Dredd way: say "drokk!" or "stomm!" - as they are totally legal (in that universe) swearwords with no connection to anything. Just a way to vent pressure and show it. (Warning, could contain traces of humor and irony)

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Rename
Conversation
to
Direct (or Private) Message.

More intuitiv/understandable and makes more sense.

Reactions:
Rename
Conversation
to
Direct (or Private) Message.

More intuitiv/understandable and makes more sense.
To be fair, it's not really just messages like in the forum a few years back... it's really a conversation with exchange of a nuber of direct messages.

Reactions:
To be fair, it's not really just messages like in the forum a few years back... it's really a conversation with exchange of a nuber of direct messages.
How so? DMs have always been conversations of sorts; but "direct" or "private messages" is the generally accepted English.

Reactions:
How so? DMs have always been conversations of sorts; but "direct" or "private messages" is the generally accepted English.
On the old forum (talking way back then... from a time the less than 20 y.o. wouldn't know about...), we didn't have conversations like here, which are equivalent to threads of sorts. Back in the day, we just had individual messages, more akin to mails, in in or out boxes... with, for lowly users, a limit of storage of 30 messages.

Hence why i can see it called "conversation". Not that i have any strong feelings either way. I do occasionally call them DMs or PMs as well.

On the old forum (talking way back then... from a time the less than 20 y.o. wouldn't know about...)
I've been on this forum longer than you, you know. :p

I remember that system. It was awful. DMs and PMs are still the preferred naming convention for what we have now.

Reactions:
I've been on this forum longer than you, you know. :p
Oh, i know, Gran'pa... :D

I remember that system. It was awful. DMs and PMs are still the preferred naming convention for what we have now.
Fair enough. As i said, i was stating the way i saw it... i don't feel strongly either way... tomahtoes, tomaytoes... :p

I can see why its considered "Conversations" rather than just Private or Direct Messaging.

5ziNl3H.png

iirc, the original forum software ages ago couldn't have more than one recipient (Or if it did, they were carbon copies (ala old-style mail systems)). ... Whereas the conversations used in today's forum software are essentially multi-user threads in which only the recipients have access to it. I believe even mid-conversation additional people can be added to said conversation and these new persons added to the conversation can then read the entire conversation from the beginning.

I can see why its considered "Conversations" rather than just Private or Direct Messaging.

5ziNl3H.png

iirc, the original forum software ages ago couldn't have more than one recipient (Or if it did, they were carbon copies (ala old-style mail systems)). ... Whereas the conversations used in today's forum software are essentially multi-user threads in which only the recipients have access to it. I believe even mid-conversation additional people can be added to said conversation and these new persons added to the conversation can then read the entire conversation from the beginning.
Multi-user DMs and PMs were possible in the 2015+ software.

The design of the forum seems (yet again) made for vertical-based smartphones display. I'd like to have the option for a 16/9-based display, with the central column enlarged so as to not waste half of my screen width.

The design of the forum seems (yet again) made for vertical-based smartphones display. I'd like to have the option for a 16/9-based display, with the central column enlarged so as to not waste half of my screen width.

There's a "toggle width" button in the lower left corner.

Screenshot (4).png

• 2Like
Reactions: