• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There is a rumor that companies that change parts of their software are nowadays advised not to talk to the customer about it as this will only lead to a giant storm of feces and any giving in will mean money and time lost and admitting, an error was made. 'You are the owners. You have the expertise and make no mistake' or similar new-age bull. Stonewalling and let the customers throw curses after curses as after about 6 weeks it will be business as usual again. The customer is stupid and will return to his obedient behavior again. And right they are. Anybody able to remember when some business changed their product to something we do not like? And how often we still bought the stuff we do not like because we are just to lazy to look for alternatives? The world is spinning strangely nowadays.

I am very unpleasantly being remembered about my experience with the new Steam Library UI. All the same here. I have no other suggestion for improvement but calling it a failure and rolling back to old version. It now looks more than an advertising billboard for tablet-PCs with some places to write something as secondary or tertiary function. It logs me out every time now even in midst of session which is a HUGE step of improvement versus the 'throw me out every three days'' annoyance (can contain small amounts of sarcasm). Sorry, I cannot get warm with the new one. The old one was old, but reliable and optically not as challenging as this one.

Concur with this - especially the optically challenging point. Navigation issues aside, for some reason (that I confess I can't quite articulate why) it's incredibly difficult even to understand what it is I'm seeing. It's a strange kind of "accessibility" issue - whose unpleasantness I've noticed increasingly puts me off even visiting the forums. On the first day (when search was locked down) I couldn't even find dev diaries except by search engine.

Beyond that - if we're stuck with it I have two big QoL irritations:
  1. Currently dev diaries are just about the only thing that attracts me to the forums at all. However, the "all posts / dev posts only" toggle (when displaying threads) seems to have been removed. For me the only interesting content is the dev posts. Consequently I've realized it's a waste of time trying to actually browse threads. Rather I go straight to search for dev content on threads with "dev diary" in the thread title. So: please restore/recreate the toggle!
  2. When in search/advanced search, please preserve all the settings from the last search - separately for each search-tab (especially on choices from the interminable list of forums)

• 1Like
Reactions:
So what is up with the forums almost not responding today? Opening one page easily takes almost a minute! It’s basically unusable.

So what is up with the forums almost not responding today? Opening one page easily takes almost a minute! It’s basically unusable.

You just had to go and talk, didn't you....
Yup, he jinxed it... there have been some slowness and difficulty to connect during the last couple of hours.

Besides all other have said, I miss two particular things: possibility to jump to a particular page (on big thread I often went by 4 pages step and I could do this by clicking 1-4-7 and so on), and related to the first thing, I could do that on top of the screen. Now the navigation button in only at the bottom...

Besides all other have said, I miss two particular things: possibility to jump to a particular page (on big thread I often went by 4 pages step and I could do this by clicking 1-4-7 and so on), and related to the first thing, I could do that on top of the screen. Now the navigation button in only at the bottom...
I presume you are talking about mobile functionality? Because on PC both options are available.

I presume you are talking about mobile functionality? Because on PC both options are available.
Yes, on mobile Indeed.

The forum is perfectly functioning... Sorry for the spam but I did nothing for this to happen. The page took 5 minutes for loading up so I refreshed and it posted my reply 3 times. Great now forum...

Hi, I can't find the old "show only dev post" in the new forum. Is this feature gone ? I found it really usefull.
In the post list, is it possible 'as before) to highlight the posts where a member of Paradox has posted ?

Reactions:
Hi, I can't find the old "show only dev post" in the new forum. Is this feature gone ? I found it really usefull.
In the post list, is it possible 'as before) to highlight the posts where a member of Paradox has posted ?
They're being rebuilt at the moment. Will take some more time before they come back everywhere.

They're currently in the process of reimplementing it.
You can see it existing in e.g. this old thread about Al Gore's concession speech in 2000.

When they'll have all old dev posts marked as dev posts and hence the feature back, I don't know. It appears that the button only exists in threads which have marked dev posts.

Are we going to get back the "Reactions given"? There are post, specially helpul ones, that I like to re-read (for example, strategies for a game).

Reactions:
*More avatars. I would love to see more heraldry/flag avatars from new and old PDS games, as most people seem to chose them over other face picture ones. I would especially love to see Imperator Rome flag avatars.

*Unify whether the tool tip when rolling over a dlc badge uses a hyphen or colon to seperate its title from a game.

*Finally, I would hope we would still have the choice to only display choice owned item badges as opposed to having all of them displayed as currently is the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, I would hope we would still have the choice to only display choice owned item badges as opposed to having all of them displayed as currently is the case.

What do you mean? I'm only displaying one item atm.

You guys really want me to look at those alerts. :D

1588795957568.png

• 3Haha
Reactions: