• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Castellon

★Paradox Forum Manager★
Administrator
Paradox Staff
110 Badges
Mar 12, 2002
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Paradox Order
I am garnering feedback of ideas on what features we can enhance or add to the forums to make them easier to use, more fun or informative, post your ideas or comments below.

This is your opportunity to help shape the future of the forums and our community.
I am listening.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Can we get that necromancy warning plugin that's been suggested in the past? Hopefully it will take some work off the Moderators too.

Also can we finally get Forum Skins like the old Forum? You lot have been promising to do them for two years now :D

Also I think it would be cool feature to allow us to close/lock our own threads, in cases in which we decide that there's been sufficient discussion on the topic that it is no longer needed. This is especially helpful for OT where some discussions spiral out of control and derail the thread. I've messaged some Mods in the past to close some threads but sometimes they have their hands full and don't take any action. It will also keep the forum even tidier. Even deleting your own thread would be useful.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Can we get that necromancy warning plugin that's been suggested in the past? Hopefully it will take some work off the Moderators too.

Also can we finally get Forum Skins like the old Forum? You lot have been promising to do them for two years now :D

Also I think it would be cool feature to allow us to close/lock our own threads, in cases in which we decide that there's been sufficient discussion on the topic that it is no longer needed. This is especially helpful for OT where some discussions spiral out of control and derail the thread. I've messaged some Mods in the past to close some threads but sometimes they have their hands full and don't take any action. It will also keep the forum even tidier. Even deleting your own thread would be useful.
Here's a link to the specific module they are talking about. I agree that it would be extremely useful while also not requiring moderators to unlock a thread if a creator of a mod/aar/whatever returns from a long leave and wishes to resume updating their project.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Even deleting your own thread would be useful.
That would be really detrimental. The OP might well not be the main "owner" of a thread. He merely is the one who happened to post about this topic first and your suggestion would allow him to delete other people's content without warning.

As an example then take my EU4 suggestions thread about adding Danish dynamic names. I started it, but I by far is not the only one who has tuned in with valuable data on what is period accurate names for various provinces. Why should I be allowed to delete the well written posts of the other people who posted in that thread merely because I'm the OP?
And especially given that you aren't allowed to open a new thread on the subject if one already exists it becomes really problematic to allow people to delete threads.

And you mentioned OT; the problem becomes even bigger there. Say some big event happens somewhere. One guy will be the first to report about it, but he might well quickly disappear from the thread whereas others, who saw the news at the same time he did, participate way more. Why should he then be allowed to delete their content merely due to being a few minutes quicker to post the thread?

Closing/locking threads on a whim gives similar problem, though not as big as you aren't deleting other people's content.

But it still gives problems. Lets take the case of my Danish dynamic names suggestions thread again. Say it becomes possible to lock threads and I lock it. If somebody wants to continue suggesting even more Danish names he'd then be forced to open a new thread which both is cumbersome for discussion (having to repeatedly refer back to the old thread, where you can't easy quote anymore due to the lock) and it'd also give unavoidable thread spam---especially if it happens several times that the OP closes the thread, somebody else opens a new one on the same topic, later closes, somebody third opens a thread on the same topic, etc. There's absolutely no way of avoiding that thread spam unless you make it a rule that no matter what a new thread can't be started on a topic somebody has already started a thread on, but then you essentially give the OP a monopoly on the topic and permission to decide whether that topic can be discussed on these fora at all! So for instance if some Swede wanted to make sure that no Danish dynamic names were added to EU4 (there were none pre my thread) he could have opened such a suggestions thread and immediately closed it, and I and others would then perpetually be barred from ever discussing the subject...
You can't seriously think that's a good thing.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Totally jumping in here as I have some answers :D!

It has been obtained and will be deployed during an upcoming maintenance (time is still TBD)!

Any chance for Tapatalk compatibility? I would post here a lot more if that was a feature.
It's actually being looked into! We've seen an increase in the number of users accessing the forum via mobile devices and this is one plugin that has come up a few times.

• 1Like
Reactions:
How about more post ratings? Right now its just Respectfully Agree and Respectfully Disagree and Helpful (BORING!)!

It's actually being looked into! We've seen an increase in the number of users accessing the forum via mobile devices and this is one plugin that has come up a few times.

Great! Can't wait to add pdox to my list of tapatalk forums

• 1Like
Reactions:
How about more post ratings? Right now its just Respectfully Agree and Respectfully Disagree and Helpful (BORING!)!
They should add in 'disrespectfully agree' ("this sonofa- is damn right, kiddo") and 'unhelpfully respectful' (I am sorry my good friend but I must find time if I may do so with your blessings to bring up my humble thoughts about this issue and what could be my opinion that IMH, H, H, O I can find it possible to agree with the good gentleman who did so much for us by starting off this thread, we truly sit in his shadow today and perhaps long into the future...") options.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I remember you removing that feature quite a few years back, due to some money issue IIRC(I think Tapatalk earned something, but I'm not sure of the reasons, only that it was deemed impossible for PI to continue using the feature). What has changed?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I remember you removing that feature quite a few years back, due to some money issue IIRC(I think Tapatalk earned something, but I'm not sure of the reasons, only that it was deemed impossible for PI to continue using the feature). What has changed?
It was never implemented. It has been on the back burner for quite a while actually and I may have mentioned it in the past which is why is rings a bell ;).

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
An old issue which I brought up in the old feedback thread and which was present on the old forum too is the way old threads and posts are automatically marked as fully read after a month. I suggest that this could be changed to either never happen, or be the case after 6 months or a year instead.

• 1Like
Reactions:
In vein with what loup said then it would be fine if it was fixed that sometimes you're not deposited at the first unread post, but at the last post in the thread meaning you have to manually scroll back and find the last post you read. That's quite cumbersome and annoying.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Creating official awards for forum AAR's. I have seen people awarded best AAR of the month but at the moment it doesn't seem too official. I think by creating an award section or maybe even an award podcast for AAR's Paradox could increase AAR's and forum activity. Just a uninformed suggestion XD.

Have a good day!

• 1Like
Reactions:
It was never implemented. It has been on the back burner for quite a while actually and I may have mentioned it in the past which is why is rings a bell ;).
I'm afraid you are wrong.:p A simple forum search gave me the confirmation.:p

@Castellon wrote in this thread: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...um-reader-like-tapatalk.644208/#post-14572212

I think my friend Tiny was referring to this forum software we have never had it installed on Forum 2.0, in the old forum when Tapatalk was free we had it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Custom avatars!

Any concerns regarding copy right or possible infractions regarding the forum rules? Easy solution: A custom avatar inspector. He handles all the request. He carefully checks the avatars for possible rule infringements and if you really want to play it safe demands a creative common or similar source. Et voilá, problem solved!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Allow for larger conversations. The limit right now is 5-6 participants or something, and sometimes you just want to have a slightly bigger conversation without necessarily creating a bulky group for everyone. At least it would be nice if it was possible.

• 1Like
Reactions: