• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@gigau I understand that you're trying your best to give the impression I have no idea what I'm talking about. If you have any useful info related to the topic at hand, that would be great! But other than that... nothing was added to this discussion by you. No offense intended, but this isn't why I posted here.
That was not my intent in the slightest.

I didn't want to imply you didn't know what you were talking about, merely that understanding the meaning of the words and the meaning of the message are two very different things on a very very international forum like this one.

I didn't insist on the main matter as others had replied to your report, not to mention the discussion was already derailing from the thread's topic.

I came here because I was frustrated with the system used to lock content (that Paradox in most cases has nothing to do with and has not produced - MODS) behind a paywall. I have bought the game. I have synced my account. But according to "Wagonlitz" There is nothing to be done until Monday. That to me, is demonstrably a critical flaw with this system and considering how many PI games I have in my library, I have every right to voice my opinions. I don't expect to be "obeyed" at all, but at the very least a reasonable discussion could have been had. Forumgoers typically aren't employees so... "Wagonlitz"s claim that this is to save their time from helping "pirates" from modding their games just doesn't hold any water... and honestly is a nonsense excuse.

Overall, my experience with this forums and the users on it has been disappointing. I'm obviously upset that I cant access this content that I've paid for,
Wagonlitz didn't make any claim or excuses, he has just stated the policy and and its justification as was shared with us by Paradox staff.

I do sympathise with you regarding this frustrating, even maddening, issue, but, trust me or not, this is just a matter of bad timing... this hasn't happened much over my twelve years on the forum. And i expect the Paradox gurus will work on this issue, solve it and find a way for it not happening again.

You have every right to your opinion, of course... you can prefer DRM in games... i prefer a DRM free system, with easy discussions with game developpers.

So i can only repeat what has been said, depsite the understandable disappointment, give them a chance to fix it and be aptient a little longer.

Sorry gigau. I misunderstood your meaning, I'm a little defensive right now. I love PI but great games attract elitists and that being my first contact with this forum, I was taken a bit back. I think my argument against this DRM has no place here, as posters are taking it as a personal insult. Criticism is not a bad thing but I'll respect this space.

@Nikolai This will be my last post. I'm not about to flood this thread with screencaps showing you that you're wrong. It is not working. 0/54 items synced on my Owned Items screen. You are wrong. It is not user error. Hopefully you can come to terms with that.

You have a bad attitude towards people who disagree with you. Can you please show how this system is "much much x100 better system" than a small DRM? Your anecdotal evidence is compelling, but ultimately useless in my situation. I followed the instructions on the forum post to the letter and now there is nothing to be done. I really wanted to play CKII+ last night and now I'm wasting my time replying to this thread instead of making my coffee.

Could you upgrade the top info boxes to a more modern and secure technology than Flash?
It's just so annoying to visit the forums and get an intrusive message from the browser that Flash has been blocked.
And since Flash is such a piece of crap and security holes upgrading will just delay the problem a few weeks.

What info boxes do you mean, the banners?

Can be get the option for "Show only OP responses" similar to already existing "Show only DEV responses"? It would make reading AARs a lot easier :)
For mods, it would be useful if mod author(s) got the equivalent of the PDX platypus thread icon. At least for the recognised mods with subforums.

I realise it's a big thing to ask, but I feel this would be quite useful.

While at it, why not fix show only DEV responses so that it works correctly with switching between modes and threads with dev responses taking multiple pages? ;)

I'm afraid that won't be possible. The reason for this is that such icons are awarded based on the groups users are in and it wouldn't be possible to limit it to just a specific thread or forum. It would mean that whenever a user in the group made a post, the icon would show regardless of it being a new thread or just a reply.

I'm afraid that won't be possible. The reason for this is that such icons are awarded based on the groups users are in and it wouldn't be possible to limit it to just a specific thread or forum. It would mean that whenever a user in the group made a post, the icon would show regardless of it being a new thread or just a reply.
That's sad.

Perhaps having badges on avatars showing they are official mod team members would do the trick instead?

What info boxes do you mean, the banners?
Pretty sure he means the banner ads. Anyway they work for me without allowing flash. But he's right thta flash wants to run something. I don't allow it though and I haven't experienced anything not working.

Pretty sure he means the banner ads. Anyway they work for me without allowing flash. But he's right thta flash wants to run something. I don't allow it though and I haven't experienced anything not working.
That's what I don't get, it's not flash based :p. The banners are just normal HTML code. Not sure what else is asking for flash tbh, it's not used to my knowledge!

That's what I don't get, it's not flash based :p. The banners are just normal HTML code. Not sure what else is asking for flash tbh, it's not used to my knowledge!
I'm well aware the banners don't need flash to run, since they show for me despite flash being blocked.:p

But flash most certainly wants to run. I can send you a screenshot if it helps, though not sure anything can be learned from it. Either way given that it doesn't want to run on the subscriptions page or the forum overview (plus I remember the uploader being referred to as flash based), but only asks to run when inside a thread, I'm pretty sure it's to do with the file uploader.

Could we have the option to pin threads within groups? I'm a member of one particular group where I know that possibility would be very helpful.
We already have it, just as in any other sub-forum. Contact a moderator through PM if you want to stick a specific thread. What we don't have is the possibility for group moderators to moderate the specific group forums according to the additional group rules (only on the messages), but I brought up this in the past, so I believe the team are already aware of it.

What we don't have is the possibility for group moderators to moderate the specific group forums according to the additional group rules (only on the messages), but I brought up this in the past, so I believe the team are already aware of it.
It might be another of those cases where giving acess to it would lead to being able to do it for the entire forum.

It might be another of those cases where giving acess to it would lead to being able to do it for the entire forum.
Maybe, but so far there hasn't been a standard answer to how specific group rules are supposed to be enforced, and it wouldn't make much sense for the plugin to work that way as there are sub-forum specific moderators and group moderators are already allowed to moderate the message functionality.

How about some proper high-resolution favicons for mobile devices' browsers? Since the forum upgrade I have to look at that horrible stock XenForo logo, every time I want to access the forums through my bookmarks.

Edit: Turns out it works fine on desktops!

Last edited:
My bookmark has the platypus on it?

Apparently all comments on the Group Events come with duplicate identical alerts for me. I don't know if it has to do with any of my settings, but I don't think I modified any of them, and this particular behaviour seems like a bug. Maybe it is because it is both "my" event on which the comments are made and a standard comment being posted?

I don’t know if there is a way to already do that, but I would like to have a way to display what Avatar someone is using.

e.g. when seeing a post of someone having a way to know that his Avatar would be in my case the CoA of Cologne from the game FtG.

You could always use the image link, but I realize that's not what you ask for:

Code:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/styles/paradox/owneditems/avatars/ftg/l/shield_kol.png