• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
eu3mapbri14677151.png

Apparently, colonization is all I'm good at. Possibly because I'm focusing on colonists too early on... This is my Brittany game, just finished about an hour ago. Planning on starting again with an Asian country.

eu3mapjap147411111.png

My Japan game is going swell :D I went into numerous wars with Ming and Manchu, ending up with a portion of Southern and Northern China. My armies are storming across Siberia and we're planning on warring Gold Horde. I want Roma! :laugh:

1st post

i didnt mess with european feuds so theyre having fun between themselves
i wiped out portugal asap so that i would have the americas for myself

year 1582 .... getting core on hawai in 1590 ish

i have a problem tho:
i cant pass the national decision <plutocratic society> or something alike,
which reqs a CoT in madrid and 20 active merchants (i have about 60 merchants around in CoTs and more constantly sent :( bug? ), and i have all the other reqs in green except that,
that makes spain a merchant republic. im currently administrative republic, because i thought being empire wouldnt allow the switch to merchant republic
and
i cant pass the east indian trading company decision too, even tho im controling half of japan.. wtf
help please :)

cant post attachement so here it is
xhttp://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/eu3mapspa15824102.png/

lituania managed to blob to the persian gulf
burgundy attacked me before, so i have 150k troops on the border
europe is nicely balanced so it will be interesting later in the game
brandebourg is expanding in a odd manner
and england has been blown to pieces by cornwall!

1st post

i didnt mess with european feuds so theyre having fun between themselves
i wiped out portugal asap so that i would have the americas for myself

year 1582 .... getting core on hawai in 1590 ish

i have a problem tho:
i cant pass the national decision <plutocratic society> or something alike,
which reqs a CoT in madrid and 20 active merchants (i have about 60 merchants around in CoTs and more constantly sent :( bug? ), and i have all the other reqs in green except that,
that makes spain a merchant republic. im currently administrative republic, because i thought being empire wouldnt allow the switch to merchant republic
and
i cant pass the east indian trading company decision too, even tho im controling half of japan.. wtf
help please :)

cant post attachement so here it is
xhttp://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/eu3mapspa15824102.png/

lituania managed to blob to the persian gulf
burgundy attacked me before, so i have 150k troops on the border
europe is nicely balanced so it will be interesting later in the game
brandebourg is expanding in a odd manner
and england has been blown to pieces by cornwall!

Here ya go. :)
eu3mapspa15824102.png

Chimu hates all of us.

My most recent TEU => PRU => GER game, 1821
v6KDr.png

I had a PU with Spain, but didn't inherit them when I also inherited Portugal, Scandinavia, and the remains of Austria :(

All the other mayor Europeans were kicked out: Aragon to Africa and Portugal, the Netherlands and Cornwall to the Americas. France still ahs a couple of overseas provinces as well. England moved to the Americas too, but for some reason they were a bishropic, so when I diplo-annexed Rome, they became the new Papal State, with its capital somewhere in Venezuela :)

A couple of colonial countries (USA, Cuba, Haiti, Brazil, Chili) revolted from France, Spain and Portugal

Last edited:
My England -> Great Britain Game, 1812
Vassals: Venice, Byzantium, Epirus, Trier, Corfu and Mexico
Allies: Vassals, and France

EU3_MAP_GBR_1812.2.25_1.jpg

Major Powers in this game are Great Britain, France, Brandenburg, Bohemia (they did the HRE reform to make everyone in the HRE their vassals, although Austria, Brandenburg, and Trier have broken free of their tyrannous grip) and Austria. Castille and Portugal were once major powers, and Portugal even sunk one of my 10 giant fleets once, but France's armies and mine overwhelmed the 2 allied nations throughout a series of massive global wars until they were no longer significant.

Interesting things:

Sometime around the 1500s, the original France (who owned all of modern day france, northern Iberia, northern Italy, and was consuming the western part of the HRE) turned to shit after fighting one of the longest wars in Europe's history against Austria, Bohemia, and Brandenburg. Although they eventually forced a white peace, the rest of Europe decided it was time to dogpile on top of France. They collapsed (since their armies and war exhaustion had been driven to the limit in the last war) and were eventually annexed by me (their capital was Cape Verde since Paris had become isolated and annexed by Orleans). I was already facing an empty treasury, dangerous inflation, a shrinking population, debt due to colonizing way too quickly, extremely unhappy peasants, religious turmoil, a backwards military, and high infamy, so I was in no position to try and conquer my new neighbors to the south (Orleans, Provence, Berry, etc.). Instead, I simply maintained high relations with Orleans because they owned Paris and 4 more provinces, so I thought they would fill the massive power vacuum. Surprise surprise, they did fill the massive power vacuum and formed France. I've been allied with the monster ever since. It's a good thing too because they basically destroyed Castille's European massive armies when they declared war on me.

Portugal's capital is in the southern part of Africa where all the gold is.

Algiers has unified Northern Africa, and is Protestant (don't ask me how that happened, because I could have sworn that the catholic Castille owned Northern Africa before Algiers revolted out)

Granada owns a significant portion of Africa, but not southern Spain.

Cyprus and Gotland have not only survived, but thrived. That's more than what most players of opms can claim.

Sorry about writing a paragraph, but this situation is kind of unique (at least I think it is).

My goal is to take over Venezuela (in the dominican republic and Haiti no less) for their very lucrative COT and the rest of India by 1849 (which is what I modded the timeline to end at).

Finally, a finished game ^_^ (Byzantium)
Pretty much all goals achieved. Didn't make it to get all of Africa without going over the infamy limit.
But I actually did manage to unify christianity under the banner of Orthodoxism, leaving only one Catholic and one Reformed province in the new world (Granada; y u no convert?!). Does anyone know if there's a way to get a religious map of the world?

EU3_MAP_BYZ_1820.12.13_1.jpg

I do not dissagree that its impossible, i've made myself quite a few monstrocities of that sizes, but given everyone has, especially the HRE grand empires, which, lets be honest given the age in which they screens were posted you must have something like +10 infamy a month, so, i the size is not what i doubt, just the meintanance ;)

I do not dissagree that its impossible, i've made myself quite a few monstrocities of that sizes, but given everyone has, especially the HRE grand empires, which, lets be honest given the age in which they screens were posted you must have something like +10 infamy a month, so, i the size is not what i doubt, just the meintanance ;)

You know that inheritances in the HRE give full cores, right? And that you can take provinces out of the Empire, right? And that a cored provinces loses the negative modifiers to RR and infamy, right?

I know :p I inherited Russia, Pskov and Golden Horde only two months before game end :p 3 out of 5 is quite lucky already, but still I was hoping to get them all.

By the way, I think your other PUs broke because your prestige went negative. I've encountered that situation myself in games with lots of PUs. Each inheritance lowers your prestige by some (dependent on relative size I guess) and if it goes below zero, the others break free.

Prestige does not (normally) decrease when inheriting another country. It does, however, decrease when the Emperors gains territory within the HRE - so if he inherits a HRE state he'll lose prestige, but it's not due to the inheritance itself but rather due to a mechanism meant to discourage him from abusing his imperial powers.