• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a completely off-topic question. I just now see a green dot under everyone's avatar that says X is on a distinguished road? And some button to add reputation to people. What's this all about I;m 100% sure it wasn't here yesterday :D

Thank you ! :D

Behold, the not-yet-so-impressive Holy Roman Empire(I know, I took the easy route ;) )
b51et3.jpg

2ni8ysy.jpg

The year is 1531, I just finished liberating several minors from France, and recently annexed Nizhny Novgorod, and the regular Novgorod.
I'm still trying to annex the Papal State so I can move my capital to Rome, and really become a reborn Roman Empire.

Side note: Götland revolted as the Hanseatic League during the 15th century.

First HTTT game, playing the Deccan Sultanate, 1642.

Decan1642.jpg

I've conquered southern Asia at my leisure. Vijayanagar and Delhi supplied good challenge early on. I inherited Sind and Gujarat through 'honest' PUs, while the throne of Delhi was taken with Obscure Documents. I took some territory in Africa and Arabia bordering the Ottomans so I could 'westernize' to eastern tech and units. Not planning to westernize any further than that either. I think I'll just colonize the Indian and Pacific ocean, and see how much chaos I can create in Europe with blockades only.

Europe has a massive HRE formed by Bohemia in 1524. Prussia, Novgorod, France and GB are also respectable.

I like how colonization is turning out, seems it is a bit slower than in IN, and in more historical places.

I guess i got lucky in my game about an AI HRE. Bohemia got PUed by Burgundy, and afterwards for about 150 years norway kept getting elected as HRE lead..and they had 0% authority most of the time, which I noticed caused the smaller states to misbehave a lot. All that time of disorder has allowed me to form Italy and not really be threatened any, other then by a resurgent France.

First post! And first game with HttT, where I took the Timurids with an eye towards trying to create the Mughal Empire under Tamerlane so I could avoid nasty tribal succession. Didn't quite succeed (but Timur has a tendency to drop dead very quickly), as it turned out, and violated the BB limit a fair bit, but it was well worth it in the long run. After that, turned to an Empire as quickly as I could get stab back to +3 (which wasn't very quickly). No cheating, but I did start reloading after the third heir death per ruler, so if you count that, fair enough.

mughalmayhem.jpg

Mucho Manly Mughal Lavender! This is in 1496. Major territorial acquisitions came from inheriting the Deccan sultanate through a stroke of luck, and utterly smashing the Mamluks so that they gave me virtually their entire empire (another journey into BB land, but worth it to get Jerusalem, Alexandria and Cairo). Since then have used cultural tradition to keep me supplied with diplomats (just got BB down to 5.9).

The new Casus Bellis and events are outstanding for the Mughals, as they frequently get free cores and excuses to annex neighbours in both the Middle East and India (and in India, Holy War allows very cheap stealing of Hindu provinces when you have a core on the capital). I also coveted Mecca and hoped putting the NF on Medina would eventually get me declared on, but Yemen (who took Hedjaz) weren't stupid enough for that - but eventually got a border friction event that let me snatch it from them. Since then, both Medina and Mecca have become Uzbek due to Settlement; working on Cairo now. Diploannexing Qara Koyunlu allowed me to eradicate the last vestige of Shiiteism outside the south of the Arabian plateau (and they're my next project), and heathen polytheistic Hinduism only survives on the outskirts of India, just waiting for a "border conflict" or two. Long term plan is to unite the entire Muslim world and then see if I can take down Europe, convert it and release it as enlightened emirate vassals. All hail the Inevitablid Caliphate!

Outside the Mughal Empire, there's been a few interesting developments. Aragon's absolutely destroyed Castille in a couple of wars, preventing them from finishing off Granada several times and forcing them to concentrate on colonialism; Morroco's stepped in and established a hegemony over North Africa in their place. Austria's become absolutely terrifying and is the only nation fielding an army larger than the might of the Mughals, which I'm not sure how they're managing since I'm at the force limit. The Ming blob was a lot bigger before I fought them in two wars, ekeing out a win the first time and then soundly thrashing them the second (freeing Tibet, the Mongol Khanate, and taking all the northern territories). Novgorod is huge as usual, but the Golden Horde and Ottomans have actually done really well for themselves, going back and forth with the Latins in multiple conflicts. I had to thrash the Ottos a bit when they attacked one of the countries in my sphere of influence, but mostly have been happy to let them hold off the Latins while I digested the Middle East and India. France has just been pummeled by Burgundy, Aragon and Brittany (!), and GB was formed quite early on. Over in the New World, the Cherokee are HUGE. Wonder if they can hold out now that the Portuguese have started sniffing around?

EU3_2-2.jpg

Behold, the 100-year 'mission'. Decided to do a game where I limited my conquests to missions - all missions, all the time, nothing but missions. So all those scandinavian provinces of the peninsula itself were taken one at a time due to individual missions to take them. (well, except Riga, which revolted to me after I cut it off from owner muscovy). :D And I've a mission to snag another province from muscovy that I'll carry out as soon as I finish playing whack a rebel (going scandinavia, empire, and changing religion in a single day caused a stability issue or two... or 50...) Gotta say, its been a really, really fun game so far.

EU3_MAP_BRI_1524129_1.jpg

First HttT game as Brittany. Can't play anymore because Castille always DoWs me and I colonized stupidly. The year is 1524.

HRE was pretty interesting this game. Austria became huge and then collapsed. Bavaria then became huge and collapsed. Now it's all a jumbled mess. No reforms have been made. Not to mention the disappearance of the Ottomans.

Papal states. England was a powerhouse at one point and my greatest ally, but then they were assaulted durring a regency and i couldnt keep up with all of the DoWs on them. But we are allied again.

France was growing wayyy to much like wayy to much. So i had to cut them down. I excomunicated them, Burgandy and Austria DoWed them, then I did, then Aragon did, it was fun :).

Austria got the northern italy mission and expanded into Venice and Milan, i kicked them out but im still watching them closely. I was to busy with them to even see the Big Bohemian Blob growing, Ive excomunicated them, but it may be to late :(. Ill have to go in there later in the game.

England earlier in the game

My thoughts on HTTT so far: FINALLY i see vanilla as challenging :). The AI is way smarter than before, at one point i only had about 30k troops taking on Austria (at this point Austria pretty much had Bohemia until i beat Austria), all my troops were busy in northern italy, Naples and Tuscany DoWed on me (when it was still powerful) I was pretty much screwed, i had to go back to a save game :p

First post! And first game with HttT, where I took the Timurids with an eye towards trying to create the Mughal Empire under Tamerlane so I could avoid nasty tribal succession. Didn't quite succeed (but Timur has a tendency to drop dead very quickly), as it turned out, and violated the BB limit a fair bit, but it was well worth it in the long run. After that, turned to an Empire as quickly as I could get stab back to +3 (which wasn't very quickly). No cheating, but I did start reloading after the third heir death per ruler, so if you count that, fair enough.

mughalmayhem.jpg

Mucho Manly Mughal Lavender! This is in 1496. Major territorial acquisitions came from inheriting the Deccan sultanate through a stroke of luck, and utterly smashing the Mamluks so that they gave me virtually their entire empire (another journey into BB land, but worth it to get Jerusalem, Alexandria and Cairo). Since then have used cultural tradition to keep me supplied with diplomats (just got BB down to 5.9).

The new Casus Bellis and events are outstanding for the Mughals, as they frequently get free cores and excuses to annex neighbours in both the Middle East and India (and in India, Holy War allows very cheap stealing of Hindu provinces when you have a core on the capital). I also coveted Mecca and hoped putting the NF on Medina would eventually get me declared on, but Yemen (who took Hedjaz) weren't stupid enough for that - but eventually got a border friction event that let me snatch it from them. Since then, both Medina and Mecca have become Uzbek due to Settlement; working on Cairo now. Diploannexing Qara Koyunlu allowed me to eradicate the last vestige of Shiiteism outside the south of the Arabian plateau (and they're my next project), and heathen polytheistic Hinduism only survives on the outskirts of India, just waiting for a "border conflict" or two. Long term plan is to unite the entire Muslim world and then see if I can take down Europe, convert it and release it as enlightened emirate vassals. All hail the Inevitablid Caliphate!

Outside the Mughal Empire, there's been a few interesting developments. Aragon's absolutely destroyed Castille in a couple of wars, preventing them from finishing off Granada several times and forcing them to concentrate on colonialism; Morroco's stepped in and established a hegemony over North Africa in their place. Austria's become absolutely terrifying and is the only nation fielding an army larger than the might of the Mughals, which I'm not sure how they're managing since I'm at the force limit. The Ming blob was a lot bigger before I fought them in two wars, ekeing out a win the first time and then soundly thrashing them the second (freeing Tibet, the Mongol Khanate, and taking all the northern territories). Novgorod is huge as usual, but the Golden Horde and Ottomans have actually done really well for themselves, going back and forth with the Latins in multiple conflicts. I had to thrash the Ottos a bit when they attacked one of the countries in my sphere of influence, but mostly have been happy to let them hold off the Latins while I digested the Middle East and India. France has just been pummeled by Burgundy, Aragon and Brittany (!), and GB was formed quite early on. Over in the New World, the Cherokee are HUGE. Wonder if they can hold out now that the Portuguese have started sniffing around?
Great empire there. You've inspired me to play as the Mughals next.

Finished my first httt game. I played Portugal and it went very well ;).

There only three major powers left. The Holy Roman Empire (Allied to me) Portugal (moi!) and Russia.

There was actually a fourth: Spain. But I brought them down, even though they were stronger and richer than me :D.

Now the smaller powers are: Spain, Ireland.

England is a real mess. Haiti broke free and since GB had a large BB and rebels Haiti managed to conquer whole GB (still no peace treat though) and some colonies. Their score is 95 :rofl:

Screenshots:

4b2cd903e2877-EU3_MAP_POR_1821.1.2_1.bmp

4b2cdd6dda7e9-EU3_MAP_POR_1821.1.2_2.bmp

Last edited:
The Netherlands, 1653. Both France and Castille have collapsed. Colonizers include Granada, Champagne and Scotland (which no longer exists in Europe). Bohemia dominates the HRE, but it seems that the reformation has stopped them from centralizing the HRE into a nationstate.

EU3_MAP_NED_16511031_1.jpg

EU3_MAP_NED_16511031_2.jpg

I brought all catholic in HRE. Only missing:
England, cause of missing land connection
Portugal, cause of capital move to mexico

the other small countries in the HRE refused to join, but will be annexed soon :D

eu34.jpg