• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hansa in 1460. France is well over the BB limit and on my border, Muscovy's plenty scary as well (and was briefly dishonorable scum.) At least I effectively dominate the baltic.

Attachments

• EU3_MAP_HSA_1460.9.28_1.jpg
    EU3_MAP_HSA_1460.9.28_1.jpg
    89,4 KB · Views: 13.902
Not much different from IN, Portugal is down to lisboa, theres the BBB, and the BLBB (big light blue blob (vijayanagara). The only thing different here is Norway is beating sweden and GB formed mighty quick

And Norway beating Sweden is completely my fault.

It was certainly weirder early on - Burgundy got to its maximum historical borders and then some before being gang-banged, and the Golden Horde at one point took Moravia before being owned hard by Muscovy. Bohemia's also fairly big and has held the imperial crown all game.

My Byzantine game as of 1469. I have recently discovered the unfortunate fact that force vassalization comes with infamy. As a result, all of my neighbours have decided to pull up their sleeves and deal with the menace holding the entirety of the Muslim world at bay. To make matters all the more stinging, Serbia, Croatia and Moldavia-- all formerly Hungarian territory until the mighty Byzantine liberators moved in, felt the need to insult me down to negative relations and join in the fun.

EU3_3.jpg

Fighting multiple 30,000 strong Mongol horse armies.. not exactly a laugh riot. Other than that, nothing really out of the ordinary. Except Lithuania collapsed and Orthodoxy now stretches from Constantinople to Moscow, Brandenburg is slapping Poland around with a large trout, and Ferrara is the last Italian state not completely subjugated by foreign powers, save the Pope.

EU3_MAP_BYZ_1469629_1.jpg

EU3_MAP_PAP_155611_1.jpg

Lets get this thread going. :D 1556 papal states game. Behold my kingdom of god. ;) I'm particularly impressed with Luneburg (purple blob in north germany) - they've been into slow steady expansion all game, and are now a 10 province country with their own CoT and 8 of the 10 core, all without my help... and the brown bohemian blob by them is currently 100% occupied by Luneburg forces (that I did have a hand in - I curshed them and then made peace and Luneburg moved into the vaccum). I've been having fun watching them. ;) Oh, and austria is decent size and controls much of the balkans - can vanish at first glance since they are between my white italian holdings and white ex-ottoman holdings.

What on earth happened with Castille and the surrounding nations ?
They are messed up on my game as well, Navarra holds half of the penninsula, Castille holds random crap all around the world though.

What on earth happened with Castille and the surrounding nations ?
They are messed up on my game as well, Navarra holds half of the penninsula, Castille holds random crap all around the world though.

In this case, it looks like they formed Spain and then had Castille revolt out from under them...rather nasty outcome, tbh, though not totally unrealistic.

@Azonalanthious: Deus Vult! Take the Levant and the Arabian Peninsula, then convert them all to the one true faith and establish Jerusalem.:D

@Hybrid: Is it just me or is it easier to go over the BB limit now? Seems like Paradox have doubled the number of things that add to it.

Indeed it is very much easier to go over the infamy limit than it was in earlier version of the game. One thing I find exceedingly frustrating is a scenario where I, as Byzantium, have reconquest casus bellis on, say, Dulkadir and the Ottomans. I declare a reconquest war on Dulkadir, and the Ottomans join in as they are allied. I take Dulkadir's provinces at 0 infamy cost, but because I didn't outright declare war on the Ottomans, I technically have -no- casus belli on them and receive 6 infamy per province taken from them, regardless of my cores.

In this case, it looks like they formed Spain and then had Castille revolt out from under them...rather nasty outcome, tbh, though not totally unrealistic.

Actually, Spain kept warning me and/or protecting other folks I was in a war with. With the high infamy cost of taking provinces from them, I decided on forcing them to release Castille as the most cost effective way of reducing their power/annoyance level. ;) The brown bits are reformed provinces that revolted from portugal and joined hungary (the only reformed nation...)

Has anyone noticed how often spain takes over northern africa these days?

I'm mildly surprised nobody has posted an HRE yet, so I will.

eu3maphre15029151.jpg

Only things worth comment are:
-scarily big, badboy Muscovy
-France keeps beating Castille, I keep beating France
-Castille in Greece/Asia
-Pope hated me until a few wars ago when I vassalised him, hence three excommed rulers.
-Pope hates everyone, lots of excommunication causus bellis about.
-My badboy currently in 20s, but falling rapidly thanks to Diplomats with 5/5/6 stars, all thanks to the cultural tradition system.

Oh, and HRE has been unified for about 40 years here, would have been earlier but I let my badboy get a bit too high.

Has anyone noticed how often spain takes over northern africa these days?

Yeah... the only other country that conquers north africa so often is portugal... :confused:

I hope we're allowed to post Holy Roman empires in this thread...
eu1o.jpg

Sure, boring, standard overgrown Germany; this is what makes the HRE really interesting:
eu2d.jpg

See why I'm kicking Aragon's ass? Every time I look at the bottom of my empire I see a red country on a blue ocean. Hurts my eyes.

Yeah... the only other country that conquers north africa so often is portugal... :confused:

I hope we're allowed to post Holy Roman empires in this thread...

wow 46k cash, was this without any cheats, also what lvl do you play on... quite a lot accomplished in less that 200 years, but I have heard playing the HRE is way too easy now

Italy game, random luck. France was down to 3 proviences, but has returned and is a beast again. No real threats to my empire other then France. Everybody hates me for some reason *shrug* i have 0.0 infamy....now..but yea...

And yes, York (that green in Great Britian) controls the incas and 2 proviences in India....Netherlands is become a powerhouse too.

EU3_MAP_ITA_1657324_1.jpg

Italy game, random luck. France was down to 3 proviences, but has returned and is a beast again. No real threats to my empire other then France. Everybody hates me for some reason *shrug* i have 0.0 infamy....now..but yea...

And yes, York (that green in Great Britian) controls the incas and 2 proviences in India....Netherlands is become a powerhouse too.
I've never even heard of York... is that a new revolter? Which provinces did they start with?

wow 46k cash, was this without any cheats, also what lvl do you play on... quite a lot accomplished in less that 200 years, but I have heard playing the HRE is way too easy now

Just normal difficulty, no cheats. I'm restarting and might turn it up. The HRE isn't necessarily too easy - that took like 14 hours overall. If you're good at maintaining internal stability in a big empire, well, the HRE is clearly the best big empire to have, in terms of population, military support, trade, production, everything. The huge cash stockpile was because I waited 20 years between the sixth and seventh HRE reforms, that is, twenty years with forty vassals... I never went below 10k once I formed the HRE, mostly because I didn't want to click 150 times to build every province improvement. I was still sending off five magistrates to do roads, courts and post offices every six to eight months. The boring, trivial infrastructure improvements will supercharge your economy in bulk.

It's not like an infinite 1-up cheat though. I crashed and burned several times as Austria and Bohemia before I got everything right in this game... the trick with the HRE is to do everything backwards of how you would have done it in In Nomine. Infamy is just like prestige and ducats and stability, you get bonuses if it trends towards one extreme.