• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow. In that British game, you may have had just one goal, but it wasn't exactly a small one.

At least that solves the issue of French claims on Alsace against the Germans...

A modest game of me playing the Chinese Empire and it was first time playing as them.

After 1890 things got interesting ...

7BCDCBC46DF1BF63D2598462DA0E4EA0F43E802C

Reactions:
Wow... just wow.

How did you do that? Didn't you have problems with infamy?
Not if hes super Germany. Then he can just beat up everyone. I am disappointed though. He took Iberia instead of Paris and Rome which is symbolically more valuable especially as the German Empire in real life claimed descendance from the Roman Empire through the Holy Roman Empire.

Reactions:
Well, at least there is no Poland on the map. :p

I have to agree with the others, Paris and Rome are still not in German hands and the same applies for Netherlands...they be Germans, they just need a wee bit of convincing... . :p

Reactions:
Well that's not easy as you think. I would have take every piece of land including colonies from them to annex their capital. France and Italy did do a decent amount of colonizing so there wouldn't have been enough time and it would have been less map painting in europe for me. :D

Last edited:
Reactions:
Well that's not easy as you think. I would have take every piece of land including colonies from them to annex their capital. France and Italy did have a decent amount of colonizing so there wouldn't have been enough time and it would have been less map painting in europe for me. :D
Or you could have made them release their worthless colonies.

We shall allow your transgressions to pass. :)

Seriously mate, good job.

Reactions:
I proudly present you the North American Union. HoD 3.03, no mods other than own edits of the color and the name of the nation.
VSR2060.jpg

Nothing too fancy on the political map, although I remember France being twice as small for a while in this game.
vLpe3w5.jpg

Communist Austria, Faschist France, Democratic Germany and Russia, irrelevant UK.
O2t811d.jpg

I'm not too experienced in V2, but from what I've seen so far, this level of success for Italy is not too common. Also its the first time ever when I see non colonized provinces in 1935.
zEoEDZo.jpg

Nothing too fancy on the budget tab either. I've been delaying costly social reforms for as long as I could. Laissez Faire capitalists are insane even with 40% tax.
tciCUIc.jpg

I pushed healthcare as soon as I possibly could and didn't regret for a second. Total population is slightly above 216 million people.
C4wEB6E.jpg

As a V2 newbie I have absolutely no idea how good my result is. The blue blob size probably gives away my EU4 map painting playstyle. Could have blobbed much more though, as I have purposefully given up colonizing anything and sphering nations that aren't in South America. Nevermind the USA name here compared to North American Union everywhere else. I reverted the changes before I realized I haven't screenshotted the endscreen.
FS6EQz5.jpg

Personal conclusion: I really really shouldn't have been so intimidated by V2 complexity. It is as complex as I expected, but it has completely replaced CKII and EU4 in my life for a month at this point.

Reactions:
Very nice, I like the commitment to staying in North America! That is actually a super nice looking nation despite it being an evil American abomination :eek:

Reactions:
I proudly present you the North American Union. HoD 3.03, no mods other than own edits of the color and the name of the nation.
VSR2060.jpg

Nothing too fancy on the political map, although I remember France being twice as small for a while in this game.
vLpe3w5.jpg

Communist Austria, Faschist France, Democratic Germany and Russia, irrelevant UK.
O2t811d.jpg

I'm not too experienced in V2, but from what I've seen so far, this level of success for Italy is not too common. Also its the first time ever when I see non colonized provinces in 1935.
zEoEDZo.jpg

Russia cannot into Poland but can into Africa???

VSR2060.jpg

vLpe3w5.jpg

O2t811d.jpg

zEoEDZo.jpg

Nothing too fancy on the budget tab either. I've been delaying costly social reforms for as long as I could. Laissez Faire capitalists are insane even with 40% tax.
tciCUIc.jpg

I pushed healthcare as soon as I possibly could and didn't regret for a second. Total population is slightly above 216 million people.
C4wEB6E.jpg

As a V2 newbie I have absolutely no idea how good my result is. The blue blob size probably gives away my EU4 map painting playstyle. Could have blobbed much more though, as I have purposefully given up colonizing anything and sphering nations that aren't in South America. Nevermind the USA name here compared to North American Union everywhere else. I reverted the changes before I realized I haven't screenshotted the endscreen.
FS6EQz5.jpg

Personal conclusion: I really really shouldn't have been so intimidated by V2 complexity. It is as complex as I expected, but it has completely replaced CKII and EU4 in my life for a month at this point.
It's.. glorious :')

Romanian Empire:
It's not really an empire but it is quite hard to form Romania in Victoria 2 so I posted this merely because of the achievement. If anyone is interested in looking at some more of my Victoria 2 Empires, I have plenty of videos on my YouTube channel showing some of them off:
https://www.youtube.com/user/NatoCaloGaming?&ab_channel=NatoCaloGaming

Cheers,
Nato.

Attachments

• 2016-01-03_00006.jpg
    2016-01-03_00006.jpg
    318,4 KB · Views: 237
Reactions:
That's nice actually. I love playing Romania myself, they're in a tricky position

Greece Great Power in 1860.

P4EcfHy.jpg

In 1836, I spent 1 year switching through countries doing Event 60120. Eventually after destroying most of the nations that would be/are GPs or Secondary Powers in 1836 were destroyed, and then I got to work.

Scandinavia formed early on in the game and became the world's #1 Great Power, and I was left at about #13. There were 3 German Great Powers, so of course once Germany finally formed I was put up #9.

Portugal and Sardinia Piedmont were annoying, they were constantly colonizing the former Ottoman Empire and just the most random places in the world. There was a Crisis with Portugal vs Scandinavia on who got to Colonize Galicia, and you can guess who won.

Switzerland did very well (In my opinion at least), because I mean they actually expanded outside of their borders! In the game my goal was to form the Byzantine empire, so of course I had to beat up Portugal, but I had some problems with rebels and Albanian Nationalists (Lol). Then I started getting lots of Prestige, getting Sardinia Piedmont out of Constantinople, crushing the barbarians to the north, and then I was ready to form the Byzantine Empire! At that point I was #3, and when I clicked the event which forms the Byzantine Empire.... My game crashed.

frk64mf.jpg

North America was pretty boring throughout the game, I put Deseret in Michigan/Toronto because I knew it was just going to get destroyed by the stupid Californians, but then a war between Brazil and all the North American nations made North America interesting, which ended up with New England controlling all of the Brazil colonies in Canada (Which made them ranked 8th in the world and allowed them to colonize), Texas gaining the Brazilian colonies of Chihuahua, Louisiana, and Oklahoma, Cherokee gaining Missouri, and finally California gained the colonies of Oregon and Sonora. Brazil got crushed, but they're still pretty powerful.

The weird Cherokee and CSA borders are because I only gave CSA Richmond when I was adding North American nations, and Cherokee only had cores on those 2 provinces in Arkansas (Although I think the Cherokee turned out very nicely).

ABZmItk.jpg

(Bad quality sorry)

In the later parts of the game (1850s), when Germany formed, Germany and Scandinavia had A LOT of problems. Scandinavia became one of the few nations that took it upon themselves to "Re-Take" the planet, and by that I mean colonize places that were destroyed. Scandinavia controlled the English channel, to the Spanish Galicia, and even parts in Russia, and that led to the war in which you can see above.

3Nmfd8y.jpg

List of all GPs in the strange world. I will unfortunately be unable to continue this due to my computers constant crashing whenever I decide to play the save file, but whatever It was fun and it made the world look weird!

Sorry If I violated any forum rules or anything, I'm still kinda a noob to all of this (I just figured out how to take screenshots and where to find them).

Last edited:
Reactions:
Greece Great Power in 1860.

P4EcfHy.jpg

In 1836, I spent 1 year switching through countries doing Event 60120. Eventually after destroying most of the nations that would be/are GPs or Secondary Powers in 1836 were destroyed, and then I got to work.

Scandinavia formed early on in the game and became the world's #1 Great Power, and I was left at about #13. There were 3 German Great Powers, so of course once Germany finally formed I was put up #9.

Portugal and Sardinia Piedmont were annoying, they were constantly colonizing the former Ottoman Empire and just the most random places in the world. There was a Crisis with Portugal vs Scandinavia on who got to Colonize Galicia, and you can guess who won.

Switzerland did very well (In my opinion at least), because I mean they actually expanded outside of their borders! In the game my goal was to form the Byzantine empire, so of course I had to beat up Portugal, but I had some problems with rebels and Albanian Nationalists (Lol). Then I started getting lots of Prestige, getting Sardinia Piedmont out of Constantinople, crushing the barbarians to the north, and then I was ready to form the Byzantine Empire! At that point I was #3, and when I clicked the event which forms the Byzantine Empire.... My game crashed.

frk64mf.jpg

North America was pretty boring throughout the game, I put Deseret in Michigan/Toronto because I knew it was just going to get destroyed by the stupid Californians, but then a war between Brazil and all the North American nations made North America interesting, which ended up with New England controlling all of the Brazil colonies in Canada (Which made them ranked 8th in the world and allowed them to colonize), Texas gaining the Brazilian colonies of Chihuahua, Louisiana, and Oklahoma, Cherokee gaining Missouri, and finally California gained the colonies of Oregon and Sonora. Brazil got crushed, but they're still pretty powerful.

The weird Cherokee and CSA borders are because I only gave CSA Richmond when I was adding North American nations, and Cherokee only had cores on those 2 provinces in Arkansas (Although I think the Cherokee turned out very nicely).

ABZmItk.jpg

(Bad quality sorry)

In the later parts of the game (1850s), when Germany formed, Germany and Scandinavia had A LOT of problems. Scandinavia became one of the few nations that took it upon themselves to "Re-Take" the planet, and by that I mean colonize places that were destroyed. Scandinavia controlled the English channel, to the Spanish Galicia, and even parts in Russia, and that led to the war in which you can see above.

3Nmfd8y.jpg

List of all GPs in the strange world. I will unfortunately be unable to continue this due to my computers constant crashing whenever I decide to play the save file, but whatever It was fun and it made the world look weird!

Sorry If I violated any forum rules or anything, I'm still kinda a noob to all of this (I just figured out how to take screenshots and where to find them).
I once used what you did and destroyed every country in the world besides India. Then I tried colonizing. I had severe problems with manpower and rebels.

The reason I started doing that was because an event kept popping up that forced me to delete the UK and then I thought: "Well screw it" and I started deleting every country.