• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why is it bad to play UK in MP?

not very interesting, everybody is going after you, your armies are all over the place.

people will either gang up on you or do all possible things to make india worthless for you

USA Campaign

End Game Score:

World Map 1935:

North America:

Europe:

Asia:

First game as the United States in awhile and I forgot how fun they can be. Through the first half of the game it was basically Germany and I against the rest of the World Powers. Was a Proletarian Dictatorship for awhile to help boost up my industry until the 14M Jacobin Rebels every year got too annoying so I went back to democracy. The last few years felt like an Arms Race with Germany, we were constantly in and out of war with each other. Researched all the techs, had the biggest navy and second largest army (with potential of being the biggest). Originally, I had hoped to conquer the rest of Mexico and Japan, but could never find the time. Everyone was super aggressive, at least more than normal. Overall, it was a super fun game.

P.S. Shout out to Fascist Paraguay for conquering parts of Argentina and totally kicking their ass.

Go Sweden for taking back (most of) Finland!

4vacplA.png

DcCMYO2.png

1904, using Concert of Europe. Maybe it was a bit scummy to liberate Canadian countries only to have them admitted to the Union, but it works. :D

The Great War is a mess. It originated as a war between Scandinavia and the NGF for Schleswig-Holstein. SCA called Turkey and I in, and the NGF called in Russia. I became the war leader and called in all of Latin America, the Philippines and Japan (which are my Spherelings).The UK eventually joined the NGF, and I called in France after their truce with Russia was over. Turkey and Scandinavia are mostly occupied, but France is making their way through Germany and I'm liberating Scandinavia. Japan's making their way through Siberia.

one of the first games that i actually played until the very end:

yhwmvfv.jpg

cka9dwl.jpg

here have some border gore (90% my fault)
236kytm.jpg

oh god! My brain is leaking!

My first finished game, starting as Poland released from Prussia.

EPqX8Rd.jpg

Russia has been utterly crushed over a few great wars; they don't even own Moscow anymore. Germany was similarly so in the midgame, as it was a pain in my side. I tried to limit myself to only taking states that border my own and that would make sense to take IRL, so no grabbing the British Isles (which I was really tempted to). I partitioned France in the final decade because they betrayed my alliance and I had nobody else left to war on.

uZnFGIi.jpg

vMpJXIF.jpg

Managed to grab most of Africa, and most of it made into cored polish states. 25m polish pops at the end is pretty dang nice.

totZMsz.jpg

qRpHjyu.jpg

Finished as #1 by an overwhelming margin, twice as much industry as #2, and a bigger army score than the rest of the world combined. Since I never did this before I did learn a few lessons:

• Laissez Faire sucks - avoid whenever possible. Capitalist upgrades don't keep up with growth, meaning much of your workforce will be unemployed and rebellious at all times. The lack of subsidies is also a killer at wartime, where you want those tanks no matter how profitable they are to produce. The 50% max tax is also terrible.
  • Democracies suck. Using the NF to encourage party loyalty is borderline useless, meaning you're stuck with conservatives early game and liberals late game. Using proportional representation helps, but it's still horrendous.
  • If you want to make colonies into states, don't use your NF to encourage bureaucrats. I'll just create more wrong-cultured ones instead. The best strategy is to do nothing and wait for the native crats to die off completely, at which point you can use the NF effectively.
  • Bohemia (in Austria) is the best state in the game.. Awesome population, awesome RGOs, awesome factory synergy. Even after all the growth and other conquests, Bohemia still stayed on top. If you border it, just take it.

My humble Japanese Empire:

World Map:
4UgUvwg.jpg

End Screen:
3F1AEC45C942E42EEF03D5108F7C836BF928DECA

This is the first Paradox game I have played from start to finish.

Reactions:
Nice! Is all of China your colony or do you have any states there?

Yeah China is unfortunately completely colonial. Though there are like 50% Japanese in that one Chinese gold province.

Amazing Poland-Lithuania with most of africa covered in pink culture

How did you even do that? I never get to convert so much of Africa to my culture...

How did you even do that? I never get to convert so much of Africa to my culture...

The key is to have a large primary culture pop and enact health care reforms early on to grow it as much as possible. Once the colonies become states, way more primary pops start appearing there and they color your culture map. I had a full-citizenship party in power for a good chunk of the game, but I'm not sure that made a difference.