• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So many hours yet the first time I'm playing a tag in Arabia! Gulf of Aden is such a great node and by itself made this campaign possible, couldn't have killed the Ottomans and the Timurids without it. A very fun run overall.

Europa Universalis IV 2022.08.25 - 20.44.08.00.png

Last edited:
  • 8Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
eu4_comm.png

New improved Commonwealth Empire. Allied to Austria for most of the game, until they were my only possible rival. This was very helpful in taking Ottomans out of contention, who are all but destroyed. This, and expansion into Persia and Egypt, is far more than I've managed to do before.

Quite strange goings-on in Western Europe. Austria inherited Burgundy and took out France in the late game. I think Spain must have inherited England/GB at some point.

• 5Like
Reactions:
My EU4 Campaign #7: Qara Khitai -> Liao (Ante Bellum).

I decided to try East Asia in Ante Bellum for my most likely last EU4 run on 1.33 version. It is a very interesting region, updated 1 year ago in the 1.5 "The Dragon Throne" update of AB.

My choice was the Khitan country. It starts as a tributary of Yuan, so my initial strategy was to defeat neighboring other Yuan tributaries (namely the Four Oirats and Amdo), as the overlord would not be called to arms in this situation. After I created a decent powerbase, I cancelled the tributary status and started to eat Yuan, following my mission tree.

After defeating the Yuan dynasty, I used my mission tree to form Liao, took the Mandate of Heaven and continued the conquest of China. You can get a lot of free cores from Khitan/Liao mission tree, making expansion significantly faster. All conquered lands in China were converted to Nestorian Christianity; a new Christian denomination added in Ante Bellum, with similar mechanics to Orthodox.

My vassals were Multan and Nanai; I also had 10 tributaries, mostly in India and South-East Asia.

49b.png

49c.png

49d.png

• 4Like
Reactions:
I wanted to play around with an OPM and Goslar is incredibly strong such good ideas, it also helps when you ally Poland early on lol was also allied to France so it made the smacking even more dominant.

1662071783691.png

1662071921119.png

1662071980523.png

And just to see what it looked like I made Germany as well. I could have made it ages ago but I wanted to keep the map color lol.

1662072273906.png

• 4Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
I finally made my way over to Indonesia, I started with the Majapahit which are really strong for region, I managed to block Portugal or Spain from stealing anything actually important from me. I let Spain colonize Philippines as I wasn't terribly interested in it and I wanted Malaya before Ayuthaya got too strong.

1662273529883.png

Unfortunately Ottomans stole my Economic Hegemon before I could get to it so instead I just built out a Naval hegemon instead

1662273726898.png

1662274280737.png

I'm thinking my next game might be Korea or going back to Japan now I know how to develop it

Malaya sprites are also pretty cool looking, but I do prefer the Majapahit sprite as it's all red and gold, Malay adds the denim in which is kind of a half and half kind of thing.

1662274083595.png

Last edited:
  • 9Like
Reactions:
So we don't have a memethread on the first couple pages so this is the best place I feel I can put this but did India just Steal old EU4 footage to use for advertising there navy?

Its like the first 5 seconds of this video

• 6Haha
Reactions:
Korea is an excellent nation for playing tall in they have access to one of the strongest monuments in the game, Gyeongbok Palace in Hanseong

1662433035766.png

1662432791519.png

Once again the Ottomans stole my Economic Hegemon only needed to finish one conquest and I would have had the income for it

1662433134671.png

1662433751952.png

1662433809773.png

It does show however that Malacca is far superior to the Chinese trade nodes I had 1500 more development then my Majaphait Empire but only 200 more ducats while I didn't have a trade fleet I had trade superiority everywhere in the Chinese and Japanese areas.

1662433173765.png

Just to finish off the run I took the Mandate, it allowed me to 100% complete Korea's mission tree

1662433639206.png

I'm thinking of doing a Maya campaign next potentially not having to go through the religious struggle of swapping to Totemist is likely going to make it easier then the Aztecs run.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
I started with the goal of creating the Angevin Empire and got a really early PU over Castile which let me just conquer half of Aragon right out of the door. But its hard to tell if that was actually a hinderance or not since France became a thorn in my side with how quickly they develop. But I was able to accomplish both of my goals to conquer that section of Europe and to colonize the east coast.

1662707235313.png

Brazil abducted all the colonies when they broke free but they're all in revolt now
1662707517497.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
This is my Austria playthrough. Fun but frustrating.
The early game was simple, I allied some of the electors + Burgundy for the Burgundian inheritance. I completed my first mission to get a PU CB over Bohemia, which I used and succeeded in PU'ing Bohemia. After some waiting, I wanted to weaken France so I went to war with them with the help of Castile & Burgundy. I won against France and immediately I focused on and did everything I can to have a free PU over Hungary because I didn't want any AE, I successfully got it totally first try no savescumming. After that, I passed my first reform and DoW on anybody that has the hre provinces (Except Burgundy). More years pass and I got a PU CB over Milan which I successfully used to make them my JP. Barvaria also formed which meant I had another PU CB and got them as my other JP. Later I got burgundy as PU but I did not inherit them. I only inherited them through natural means by which I mean when rulers die, and this only happened in the 1550s which was a long time.

My IA was great but I was preparing for the reformation. I successfully handled the Protestant Centers which spawned in OPMs, something that I took advantage of. I also waited for the Reformed Centers but that one was a little more tricky as it spawned in Brittany (Not in their capital) and in the French nations that I just released, which meant I did not gain muchmore IA. Still, I dealt with it well. However, this did lead to trouble as no league wars would spawn, meaning that if I were pass the proclaim erbkaisertum reform, I would not have any official religion. I learnt that the hard way. This meant I had to wait until after 1620 to get Catholicism as an official religion.

And so I waited until that happened, I also went full colonial and did my best to weaken my rivals (France & the Ottoman Empire). Up until 1625 where I finally had Catholicism as the official religion of the HRE, which meant I finally later pass Revoking the Privilga which made me complete a lot of the missions. Nothing interesting happened until 1680s where the Russia had no heir and they had the same dynasty as mine. I only realized when I was at war with the Ottomans so I decided to break my alliance with Russia during wartime, finish the truce with some savescumming to prevent Russia from getting any heir and finally peace the Ottomans. I later instantly claimed the throne of Russia after the truce was over and even though the war was a struggle (I had crappy mil tradition), I successfully PU'd Russia.

I later went ahead and DoW on Deccan to get the provinces I wanted for my misssion, I allied the Timurids to achieve this goal. After that mission was done, which took a long time, I went ahead and kept threatening war for free provinces to help achieve the trade mission. I did the same thing with the Ottomans when they were weak (I threatened war to make them give me Corfu). And after a while I had the highest trade power in the Canton trade node, which made me complete my last two missions that involved exploring and colonialism.

I only had Crush The Revolution as the only mission I needed to complete, which required a Center of Revolution. This thing took forever to spawn, and when I had nothing to do. I DoW on France and my ally Spain as well as they were guaranteeing France for whatever reason, the center of revolution spawned in my province. I was excited for the disaster to trigger but I managed to be luckly-unlucky and get a free stability, which prevented the disaster to trigger. After I was done with my war against France & Spain. The revolution spread everywhere to the point where Britain became revolutionary. I dissolved my alliance with britain and huzzah! The revolution disaster started to trigger again, which I successfully dealt with aside from a dumb mistake of not noticing where the last rebel controlled province is.

After my truce with Britain was over, I declared war on them expecting it to be easy. I was wrong however, the war took two decades even with my heavies. I had to trick the AI from attacking my big fleet through the use of one small fleet. Still, even after I finished seiging almost all their land aside from a few blockaded ones, I could not crush the revolution easily. It took for ever but I managed to crush the revolution and turned Britain into a monarchy, even after they were seiged to the point they had gone bankrupt, the revolutionary rebels came back again and turned Britain into a revolutionary republic once again! This war was so rage inducing, I still hate the war enthusiasm buff they gave to revolutionary targets.

Edit: I decided to go back to the last save where I was in midwar with Britain, and attempt to get more out of the peace deal. Glad to say, it worked. However, despite my confusion with how I got very little war score despite having most provinces of Revolutionary Great Britain AND her colonies occupied, I still got what I wanted from the peace & as added bonus, prevented them becoming revolutionary by attack the 23K Revolutionary rebel stack once I dismantled the revolution. Even better, after a while, they successfully dealt with their own revolution disaster and I got Habsburg on their throne. Couldn't have asked for more.

In the end, I was satisfied. I completed all my missions and did everything I could. This is the end result. The first save is my old save, the other save is my new save.

Chokuropalis Austria.jpg

As usual, excuse my bad grammer and spelling mistakes. Thank you for reading this and goodbye :)

Attachments

• Chokuropalis Austria.eu4
    8,7 MB · Views: 0
  • Chokuropalis Austria.eu4
    8,8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
I'd started a Castile game way back in 1.32 and decided playing it across 3 major updates probably wasn't feasible and didn't see much point doing the last 50 years of map painting just to reach 1821 at the moment. This is probably the most "global hegemon" I've ever gone. First time I'd really put a lot of effort into trade direction and mission trees, but once I realised I could wipe the floor with France, Ottomans and the PLC I just lost interest a little. My proudest moment was combining my mess of european and african borders so it became possible to cross from east Germany to Gibraltar without crossing an Empire border
20220913224347_1.jpg
20220913224407_1.jpg
20220913224507_1.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions:
20220913170318_1.jpg

I tried my first gotland game and just... It's kinda nutty. I've been the Holy Roman Emperor since about 1470, unintentionally (the first time, at least. Austria ended up in a PU under Hungary).

• 5Like
Reactions:
My 45h EUIV run: Sweden.

Finally the long awaited immersion pack Lions of the North has been released! I could finally have a chance to play with Sweden, one of my favourite countries of this time period. It should be noted that my 1st campaign in Empire: Total War and EUIV way back in 2013 was with Sweden. The Tinto team has done a great job with this update, a lot of bugs have been fixed, no new major issues and great improvements to existing features! I really like the new government reforms and the new monuments, too.

So my 1st step was obvious - declare independence from Denmark. I could have gotten allies to help me in the war, but the reward to fight it out alone was simply too tempting to not try to do it. Even though Denmark was allied to the Teutonic Order and they outnumbered me, I just had one thing to do - not let them combine their armies. Now that the battle system has been greatly improved from the 1.33 almost non-existent stack wipes, I completely dominated the battlefield. The only thing I wish I had was stronger navy, but I still managed to land troops on the Teutonic shores and managed to peace them out after stack wiping their army and defeating their newly built one. After that I just had to lure the Danish navy away so I could get my army over the straits to Copenhagen. I succeeded in that, when they just left 1 ship there and sailed with the rest of their navy to blockade my ports, they didn't manage to get there back in time. In the peace treaty, besides declaring independence, I also took Skane.
After that, I turned my attention to Gotland and Novgorod. I noticed that Gotland doesn't have any allies and it hasn't joined the Hansa trade league. It was a golden opportunity to strike, if I delay it, they might get some allies or raid my provinces again. After that, I attacked heavily weakened Novgorod, it had already been defeated by Muscovy and was just reduced to Karelia and Archangelsk regions. It was a very easy war, they just has 3k units and I took from them 2 provinces, I could have taken more, but I wanted smooth borders.

In the mean time I had made an alliance with Poland to protect myself from Muscovy and to help me expand my newly born empire. I was preparing to attack Livonia next, but then Muscovy invaded it through Estonia. Muscovy has been more expansionist than ever before, so I couldn't let them grow even bigger. I changed my plans and attacked Muscovy instead, while they were busy sieging down Livonia, I did some small stack wipes in Ingria and captured Novgorod. Soon after that we drove them out of Livonia and occupied most of their lands. I made sure that they don't get to Siberia and made them cancel their vassalation of Perm and additionally took Ingria and Novgorod for myself. It's funny that later on Bashkiria colonised Siberia instead.

The next obvious moves were to finish off Livonia and get a PU over Norway. After that came a more peaceful I started to make colonies and built up my economy. After a while, since my expansion was restricted, I had to break my alliance with Poland, they had taken Courland from Livonia and I was very interested in getting Prussia and Danzing. So my main ally became Austria for a short while, until I embraced Protestantism, then my main ally became Bohemia. Since I became the leader of the Protestant League from my mission tree, I declared it in a very favourable moment. My 30 Years War just lasted 3 years. I had France and Great Britain on my side, while their only important players were Austria and Poland.
After winning the war, I wasn't elected the emperor, Oldenburg was. So I started to work on to improve my relations with Electorates and get my diplomatic reputation as high as possible. I couldn't beat Oldenburg in votes, Bohemia was a close call, too. So what did I do? I simply conquered Oldenburg and immediately got elected! From then on, endless wars started to bring order to the Holy Roman Empire, from enforcing religion to expanding my own empire along the Baltic coast. While I managed to get 1 million men army by the end of the campaign, I became an economic hegemon.

Since this run was very intense with a great mission tree, becoming the HRE emperor, waging wars one after another, colonisation of the New World, Africa and India etc. next week I'll take a bit more relaxing campaign outside of Europe. After that I plan to go back to Europe again!

01. Swedish Empire.png

02. World map.png

03. Score.png

05. Home region.png

07. Colonies in North America.png

08. Colonies in South America.png

My colonial nations:
New Sweden (13 Colonies)
New Smaland (Mexico)
Gustavia (Caribbean)
New Livonia (Colombia)

My vassals: Saxony, Poland, Lithuania, Kyiv, Tver.
My allies: Mexico, Brunswick, Italy (formed by Tuscany), Serbia, Greece, Mamluks.

Luxembourg has a PU over Great Britain.
Bashkiria has colonised Siberia.
Strong Dai Viet and Korea.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Bashkir supremacy :oops:
Also fitting place for New Småland. Similar terrain, language and technology level to old Småland.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Bashkir supremacy :oops:
Also fitting place for New Småland. Similar terrain, language and technology level to old Småland.
Well, to be honest, it wasn't my idea. I saw an alt history map of Sweden on Deviantart, where they have colonised parts of Yucatan and the colony is named New Smaland. I really liked it, so I used it, too. :D

This is crazy. I have never so much money till 1600 without Trade and Economic Ideas. Most crazy was Bohemia which develop lands. Poland is really fun.

Attachments

• 20220917182254_1.jpg
    20220917182254_1.jpg
    413,6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220917182305_1.jpg
    20220917182305_1.jpg
    365,6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220917182311_1.jpg
    20220917182311_1.jpg
    357,2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220917182316_1.jpg
    20220917182316_1.jpg
    363,4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220917182324_1.jpg
    20220917182324_1.jpg
    375,3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220917182330_1.jpg
    20220917182330_1.jpg
    371,3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220917182349_1.jpg
    20220917182349_1.jpg
    360,8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220917182144_1.jpg
    20220917182144_1.jpg
    375,3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220917182236_1.jpg
    20220917182236_1.jpg
    407,7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220917182721_1.jpg
    20220917182721_1.jpg
    387,8 KB · Views: 0
  • 4Like
Reactions:
This is crazy. I have never so much money till 1600 without Trade and Economic Ideas. Most crazy was Bohemia which develop lands. Poland is really fun.
I want to try Poland soon, too, but not next. Sweden run was intense, so would be Polish. I want to take a more relaxing campaign in between them, most likely with Adal.

I want to try Poland soon, too, but not next. Sweden run was intense, so would be Polish. I want to take a more relaxing campaign in between them, most likely with Adal.
Next run will be Norse Norway or Sweden into Scandinavia:). after that I will try something in Italy. There is possibility get this religion. Poland game is very easy. Definitly I will try Tall HRE Poland in the future.

• 1Like
Reactions: