• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My glorious Ottoman Empire, finally decided I would play no wonder they always turn into a terminator blob they get so many strong heirs.

View attachment 864131

And GB was cursed for a good while, France somehow managed to conquer two provinces from GB eventually they were forced to release them as England. So GB and England existed at the same time.

My alliances were Castile (Wedding never spawned), Bohemia, Russia and Tunis.

View attachment 864133
Lucca terrorized Italy after getting the Burgundian Inheritance that is until I utterly crushed them, Bohemia became Reformed and went on a crusade and has pretty much absorbed most of the HRE now.

View attachment 864132

Ottomans get insane bonuses to unit limit as well View attachment 864134
Russia and Bengal look like they had fun also, what happened to Genoa

Started as custom nation OPM on hard. Slight role play to be a ruthless native American nation. Goal was to one culture new world continent with all provinces stated (just the main landmass). Did it around 1750 and was on track to do it with all the islands but got bored. Originally did it on very hard and was also on track to do it but had to stop ~1650 because of lag.

House rules: 50 point max points for Custom nation. Must be totemism and American tech. No accepting western cultures for easy conversion.

Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 8.28.28 AM.png

Fairly fun until around 1700, and then its all tedious. Even with 100 absolutism, offensive and quality European invasions are still not a cakewalk.

Ideas:

Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 6.25.06 PM.png

I played around with several playthroughs and think this setup is probably one of the better ones. Settler chance is OP for being so cheap. My settler chance went up to about 80% and colonies took about 3 years after I got it. Really strong when most of the provinces are arid/jungle.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Khalkha? More like Kalekha!!

Best of luck though! May Agbarjin's childhood be peaceful and completely free of hunting.

If by "Hunting accident" you mean hunting 120k Ming troops, our boy is indeed doing quite well:

1659180069236.png

Time to wait for Ming cores to finish and then hit khemer for provinces to become Siam.

• 3Love
Reactions:
My 42nd EUIV run: Timbuktu.

While I already had played with the most popular West African tags, respectively Songhai, Mali and Wagadugu-> Mossi, and one of their most important goals was to get a hold of Timbuktu, this time, however, I decided to start with the Tuareg Timbuktu kingdom itself and overcome other powers struggling for the dominance of West Africa. So yeah, this is how I imagine a Tuareg Empire based in Timbuktu would look like. If I had taken Air, I would have pushed more into Fezzan and Kanem Bornu, well, that's maybe for another day.

The 1st and main goal for me was to destroy Songhai, the longer I let them live, the stronger they would become militarily, so I had to deal with them as soon as possible. I allied with Katsina, who willingly joined my war even though they lost and had to give one of their provinces to Songhai. It was necessary though, as it gave me time to take Gao and a few other provinces. Songhai was allied to Mali, but they were no use for them, they were plagued with rebels and by occupying a few provinces, they agreed to pay me reparations.
I had made one big mistake though, I had spent all my mana on devving Timbuktu to get Feudalism, but I hadn't noticed that it already had appeared in Songhai's Gao that I was about to conquer. To alter this loss a bit, I decided to humiliate my other rival Djenne.
Now that my truce with Songhai was over, I decided to not waste any time and fully annexed them. After that I fought wars with Air, Mali and Mossi kingdoms. I conquered all of them, except for Mossi kingdoms, I made Zandoma as my vassal and fed the remaining Mossi lands. After these wars, I was undoubtedly the dominant power of West Africa. I just had to kick out the Europeans from the coast and push into Morocco. I decided against conquering it all and stopped at the Atlas mountains.

01. Timbuktu Empire.png
02. World map.png
03. Score.png
04. Timbuktu Empire.png

My vassals: Tlemcen, Kaabu, Zandoma, Katsina, Wadai.
My allies: Spanish Mexico that refused to declare independence war for like a century.

Austria is Hussite.
Chile is under a Brazilian PU.
Epirus somehow survived in Malta and Corfu in Cyprus. The Ottomans actually tried to conquer Corfu, but ended up losing their hegemony lol.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Yeah, I finally got it, after spending almost 20 years clicking around, missing those last 2 Mongolian provinces. The wiki has an exellent map that I somehow managed to miss.

1659254724606.png

All in all, being Horde made it pretty easy. Siam helped but I could have managed without. The AI is super cowarly this patch, and once you have 60-80k troops, you can basically avoid fighting altogether, herding the AIs armies around. Sure, you will kill him due to your nice CB, but you dont really have to fight, only siege.

Threaten war was great, but grasslands tend to be where people move their capitals so while you can use to to gain footholds in Java, Makassar and Japan, you do have to eventually go to war.

Ideas were Espionage (AE), Horde, Exploration.

Nothing really that noteworthy happened, killed Ming with zero mandate from unguarded nomadic frontier.

You start by allying every Shan minor except the ones your neighbor allies. You then start a war that ends with all his allies gone and you being allied to everyone else, giving you Shan. I've heard of people getting to ally everyone without a war but I never was able to do that in 10 restarts.

Ava is an interesting case. As Shan you have them break tribute by refusing and then you subjegate them with the mission CB. Except their loyalty will be extremely low due to 0 trust. Well its better than having to wait for truce.

You need to own all of Tibet for yourself, not just form it. This can be abit tricky due to range. I did end up having 2 vassals, Guge and U that I ate. Not ideal for speed but it works.

My first attempt died when Ming vassalized Sarig Yogir so i couldnt do Tibet mission. Also Oirat only had 303 out of 300 dev required for the mission to become horde. Close call!

Rush Ajams province(es) before the Ottmans get it, they do have a claim.

Man, Hordes are just fun to play. Game is like "hurr durr this costs 600 admin to core". And you go: Hahahaha, NO!

So often the game punishes small nations that succed by being far behind in admin and diplo due to having to core. Hordes actually feel like they celebrate and reward your succes. Also slacken recruitment is just busted for horde manpower.

1659255909203.png

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
My 42nd EUIV run: Timbuktu.

While I already had played with the most popular West African tags, respectively Songhai, Mali and Wagadugu-> Mossi, and one of their most important goals was to get a hold of Timbuktu, this time, however, I decided to start with the Tuareg Timbuktu kingdom itself and overcome other powers struggling for the dominance of West Africa. So yeah, this is how I imagine a Tuareg Empire based in Timbuktu would look like. If I had taken Air, I would have pushed more into Fezzan and Kanem Bornu, well, that's maybe for another day.

The 1st and main goal for me was to destroy Songhai, the longer I let them live, the stronger they would become militarily, so I had to deal with them as soon as possible. I allied with Katsina, who willingly joined my war even though they lost and had to give one of their provinces to Songhai. It was necessary though, as it gave me time to take Gao and a few other provinces. Songhai was allied to Mali, but they were no use for them, they were plagued with rebels and by occupying a few provinces, they agreed to pay me reparations.
I had made one big mistake though, I had spent all my mana on devving Timbuktu to get Feudalism, but I hadn't noticed that it already had appeared in Songhai's Gao that I was about to conquer. To alter this loss a bit, I decided to humiliate my other rival Djenne.
Now that my truce with Songhai was over, I decided to not waste any time and fully annexed them. After that I fought wars with Air, Mali and Mossi kingdoms. I conquered all of them, except for Mossi kingdoms, I made Zandoma as my vassal and fed the remaining Mossi lands. After these wars, I was undoubtedly the dominant power of West Africa. I just had to kick out the Europeans from the coast and push into Morocco. I decided against conquering it all and stopped at the Atlas mountains.

View attachment 864691View attachment 864692View attachment 864693View attachment 864694

My vassals: Tlemcen, Kaabu, Zandoma, Katsina, Wadai.
My allies: Spanish Mexico that refused to declare independence war for like a century.

Austria is Hussite.
Chile is under a Brazilian PU.
Epirus somehow survived in Malta and Corfu in Cyprus. The Ottomans actually tried to conquer Corfu, but ended up losing their hegemony lol.
Can I inquire as how did you manage to get highest trade income without colonies?

Can I inquire as how did you manage to get highest trade income without colonies?
I usually end up with that. My strategy is simple, I put full priority on diplomatic points and using them to dev production in all of my provinces, all of them are 40+ dev, except for desert provinces, they are 30+ dev.
Also, it's correct use of merchants, too, I guess.

I usually end up with that. My strategy is simple, I put full priority on diplomatic points and using them to dev production in all of my provinces, all of them are 40+ dev, except for desert provinces, they are 30+ dev.
Also, it's correct use of merchants, too, I guess.
You mean to say you dev grain and fish and mountains to 40 just for the sake of homogenized development? It's definitely not the correct use of mechanics. Everything in game is pushing you to prioritize one province over another.

You mean to say you dev grain and fish and mountains to 40 just for the sake of homogenized development? It's definitely not the correct use of mechanics. Everything in game is pushing you to prioritize one province over another.
Yes, I do exactly that, but I do it strategically, I start with the most valuable ones and if I still have left over mana, I dev mountainous provinces to 40 dev, as well, if not, then I leave them at 30 or so. But like I said it's 40+, some provinces are over 40 dev.

They said "correct use of merchants", not "mechanics".

• 1Like
Reactions:
Mission complete!

1659452154842.png

All in all, its not that bad. The trick is a fine start (Transoxiana) and then make sure to keep the Timurids out of the coalition for as long as possible. Once you get strong enough, you can keep waring to keep the coalition down.

Best moment was the first war vs Delhi (Sirhind) and Sindh. They had alot of troops but I just barely managed to base trade them for Delhi. One siege pip general is god tier.

Stayed allied to Benghal,Malwa and for a short time, Bahmanis. With those on your side, helping you to build up (and Mamluke ally), the coalition never managed to form in a big way.

Got a 6/6/5 ruler that was Midas touched for 40 years. Nice.

Only had to rely on mercs in the early game, hired two merc bands in total. Was pretty flush with cash and even had Defender of the faith for 90% of the run (only lost it when Ming attacked Chagatai and I noped out of fighting that war)

Never managed to get the province reduction cost from diplomatic. As you see, it isnt needed. Only filled idea group was quantity to scare the coalition. Between that and a couple slacken recruitment, all was fine. The goal is to fight as few battles as possible, witch is possible due to the AI:s cowardly behaviour. Why lose 10k men fighting a battle when you can just siege and end the war?

All in all, pretty fun run. Wish the missions were abit less strict and allowed vassals to hold provinces to count.

Did 3 truce breaks at the very end, 2 vs VJ, to end the run faster.

Attachments

• 1659369831599.png
    1659369831599.png
    3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
My 43rd EUIV run: Multan -> Punjab.

I had to choose between Multan and Sirhind to form Punjab. I chose the former, because Sirhind has a completely different goal - it aims to take the Delhi Sultanate for itself, so I didn't find it quite fitting, even if it's located in the Sikh heartland.

My 1st goal was to not let Sirhind take over Delhi with their super strong leader. While they were busy sieging down Delhi, I recruited a few mercenary companies and declared my own war. Even though they managed to siege down Delhi, they didn't occupy one of their provinces, when they turned their armies against me. In the meantime, Delhi reoccupied their lands and I stack wiped one of their armies and sieged down Lahore. Delhi took 3 of their provinces, while I took the rest.
Now that I had prevented a strong Sirhind led Delhi from forming, I had to deal with the old one now. I allied with Jaunpur, but before I started my war, I noticed that Delhi had allied with Bengal. Well, OK, it kind of balanced everything out, unless Jaunpur had actually paid any attention to Bengal and didn't let them occupy half of their country and then peace out. I still managed to take the 3 Sirhind provinces that Delhi had taken previously.
In the next, final war, I intended to fully annex Delhi, so I didn't call Jaunpur in. Well, they started their own war and were the 1st to besiege Delhi, so I reduced Delhi to just 2 provinces and Jaunpur annexed it. After that they formed Delhi themselves and broke the alliance with me. In return, I allied Bengal and in multiple wars we finished it off and ensured that Delhi rises no more.
After dealing with my initial threats from the East, I turned my attention to the South, to gain access to sea. Later on, after I had established myself as the dominant power of India, I made alliances with the Commonwealth and Transoxiana to fight the Ottoman Empire. It took us many wars, but they were still huge and could field 500k units in 1821.

01. Punjab Empire.png
02. World map.png
03. Score.png
Punjab Empire.png

My vassals: Junagarh, Dhundhar, Oudh, Jharkhand, Guge.
My allies: Commonwealth, Transoxiana.

France is the Emperor.
Pisa is allied to France, so managed to successfully expand.
Scandinavia (formed by Sweden) is allied to the Commonwealth. Both of them are huge.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Fulo actually took the last province from Mali, so I guess techically Fulo got the achi too. The start is pretty rough but once you get going, you will lose more troops to rebels than the actual armies of the people you conquer.

Vassalizing Waga inthe first war but leaving him with one province was invaluable. So many enemies wasted time sieging while I went around base trading to counter the big ally blocks. Basically all my genereals were strong and almost all has 2 siege pip. Good times.

1659802238523.png

• 6Like
Reactions: