• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
eu4_3.png

Went for the new KHAAAAAN achievement since hordes is my favorites to play. Could probably have done it faster, but was a chill game. Started with Oirat.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Here is my Ultimate Military. Luckily Ottoman forced Commonwealth to spit out TO just as Global Trade was about to spawn. Not so luckily game started crashing at the same date just a bit after I no-CB'ed them. Switching to the beta patch helped. Economic branch of the mission tree still broken though.
20211114203918_1.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions:
First game in 1.32.1 BETA patch so obviously to pick any of fav nations, and becayuse there are only 5 to choose, I went Aragon.

Unexpectedly

World Conquest
Protestant One Faith (supposing uncolonised provinces don't count) - and I really went religious late

Among thousands of possible gameplays as Aragon, this time pretty usual Aragon -> 2 Sicilies -> Italy. Wanted to test revolution, so Rev. Italy, and finally Roman Empire only to add diplorep while annexing last vassal.

I don't know what makes ths patch so easy... For sure changes to warscore and maybe AE, but at least in BETA AI is not working properly. Not hiring advisors, removing forts..... Not seeing Brema, Frankfurt, Hamburg etc with 9lvl fort is always nice

rev rom.png
prote.png

• 6Like
Reactions:
eu4_5.png

Tested out Big Blue Blob in the new beta patch. Well, that was easy. One small coalition formed on Ireland but I dispanded it quickly. Not even a coalition when eating half of England in one war.

• 2Like
Reactions:
My Songhai run.

Some notes:
Tlemcen and Wadai are my vassals.
Yemen, Hormuz and Lunda are my allies.
The Ottomans were my allies at first and I even helped them in some wars, but then they went hostile, so I had to deal with them. They went revolutionary and I crushed them, then all their neighbours ganged up on them.
The revolution found a new stronghold though, The Commonwealth went revolutionary and even force vassalised the Ottomans and Mamelukes. It happened around 1811, so it was too late to kick the Commonwealth out of the region.

Attachments

• 01. Songhai Empire.png
    01. Songhai Empire.png
    184,5 KB · Views: 0
  • 02. World map.png
    02. World map.png
    293,6 KB · Views: 0
  • 03. Score.png
    03. Score.png
    3,3 MB · Views: 0
  • 04. Songhai Empire.png
    04. Songhai Empire.png
    3,9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
A rather laid-back 1.31 "For Odin" run, with a few notable features:
  • Started as a Norse HRE prince (!), with exactly 5 island provinces (capital Ruegen, which I renamed to Jomsborg, from the CK2 Jomsvikings)
  • Immediately "hoisted the black flag" to become a pirate republic (and gain the ability to raid)
  • The Teutonic and Livonian Orders have been shown the error of their ways
  • HRE dismantled
  • +20 absolutism from C&C disaster (+40 was actually impossible, because I couldn't switch out of pirate republic and was nowhere near the tier 10 govt reform)
  • 30 merchants from colonial nations (For reference: There are 12 colonial regions. I may have exploited my vassals a little before annexing them...)
  • Island bases give the ability to raid almost the entire world. (But more truces from worldwide wars and more conquest are both hurting raiding income.)
  • Various islands worldwide converted to Icelandic (eg. Malta, Taiwan, Ternate, Tidore)
  • The Ottomans are my only potential rival, because they've been my ally for several hundred years (their 8M army losses are probably mostly my fault)
  • All owned provinces are converted to Norse asap (even TCs). Many New World provinces have also been converted (NB: In 1.31, CNs do not convert their provinces).
  • My capital (Jomsborg) has >900 development (because of the exploitable pillage and concentrate mechanics in 1.31)
Obviously, it's not "finished" (the bordergore is bad in places), but there aren't any AI left who can challenge me, so...

20211118164439_1.jpg

20211118164455_1.jpg20211118164931_1.jpg20211118164818_1.jpg20211118164952_1.jpg20211118164536_1.jpg20211118164703_1.jpg20211118164730_1.jpg20211118164741_1.jpg20211118164634_1.jpg20211118164647_1.jpg20211118170457_1.jpg20211118164850_1.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Just another achievement run, very very disappointing Alodia into Israel.

So you switch Judaism, everyone hates you, than you form Israel jus to swap so-so Nubian ideas into so-so Israeli ideas. And +1 legitimacy from tradition is not replaced for any devotion or sth for theocracies

Any updated mission tree? No.

And maybe only a few monuments would work with judaism. Church power actions are nice, but still too little to continue

israel.png

• 2Like
Reactions:
After my Songhai run, I decided that I should try Venice, because I had always wanted to play it and I could build some lovely monuments in Europe.

And an extra picture, as well. Zoroastrianism survived until the end with 2 independent minors, I had never seen that happen before. It managed to survive, because of Yazd. It actually grew pretty big and strong, but then, sadly, got overpowered by Bahmanis and Ajam. Khiva and Afghanistan are just what's left of the great Yazd.
Also, there's a huge Nivkh Empire in the east, they took all the Siberian territories from Russia.

Attachments

• 01. Venetian Empire.png
    01. Venetian Empire.png
    184,7 KB · Views: 0
  • 02. World map.png
    02. World map.png
    283,2 KB · Views: 0
  • 03. Score.png
    03. Score.png
    3,2 MB · Views: 0
  • 04. Venetian Empire.png
    04. Venetian Empire.png
  • Zoroastrianism.png
    Zoroastrianism.png
  • 2Like
Reactions:
10 PUs achievement, pretty annoying, every time I was close, leader died and ingerited sth like Lorraine, Holland, Flanders, Champaigne etc. Finally after dead of previous Byz leader, I got the 10th union.

So from initial unions Brabant is still there, then comes enforcing PU on Castile and their PUs of Aragon, Portugal and Naples.
Remaining 5: Berg, Bavaria - with a threat to be inherited, Russia annd Hercegovina (all enforced recently), Byzantine peaceful.

No disenheiriting to get Habsburgs or sth - all with initial dynasty

I hoped for restorations from Burgundian incident, but I don't know which options to follow :) And Austria invited with me the 2nd option.

So time to revoke :D. Everything except british and Sweden and Gascony in empire

10pus.png
10pusmap.png

What now - Netherlands, France or Lotaringhia?

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
1637585706852.png

This is my Sweden at its peak. The downfall is inevitable.

For some reason I started losing too much money on a monthly basis, eventually I went banrkupt, I have been fighting rebels for 150 years despite accepting cultures, coring provinces and making states.

I decided to switch to Protestant which didn't help that much, but it stalled the economic downfall a bit. I was just about to attack GB to get more English Channel provinces but I got bankrupt 3 weeks before my truce expired...

Now I'm chasing rebels with a low morale army until I fully collapse.

On a side note, there's no France. It comes and goes actually. And Tyrone used to control most of Ireland and Scotland until I destroyed them, now they found refuge in Surinam!
1637585852751.png

Don't think I can turn this around, but if I do, I'll post it here. I was going for the achievement with the Baltic area and it's a shame if I miss out.

• 3Like
Reactions:
So you haven't played Mali yet in Origins, have you?
Interestingly enough, for my next save I was between an Indian state or Mali :D

eu4_46.png

Austria, 1523. I have PUs over Hungary and Burgundy, already inherited Bohemia, and am planning to go after Poland/Commonwealth in a bit. Sweden, Norway, Serbia and Byzantium are my vassals. Allies are England (ruler is 40-ish with no heir, I'm his only ally/RM) and Castile (PUs over Aragon, Naples and Portugal, with a Habsburg on the throne). Currently busy wiping out CoRs. Feels like a pretty good start...

• 4Like
Reactions:
After usual conquest achievements finally time to the must fun of any new achievements,

So finally I have more dev than Ottomans!
greatpaly.png

sand.png

So this is my very sandy empire, with Fars, Arabia, Mikhlaf and Hormuz as vassals

oman.png

Developing desert provinces is fun.
Most of Arabian peninsula is 30+ dev

deve.png

Of course I went Oman even though it has no dev reduction in ideas, but it has this lovely feudal theocracy with magical -20%. Hormuz vassalised for Maliki school of Islam, so for the price of about 350 adm and 50 diplomana I was able to cheaply develop even interior provinces to 30+.

Actually I was close pre 1600, missing sth like 80 dev to Ottos, but then Ottos went really really mad expanding to even 2400 dev at peak. Ausria, Hungary, Venice, half of italy completely removed

So I was forced to war war war. Mine 250k vs Ottos 600k and noone even was eager to help, as my forever ally Mewar didn't want to due to distance.
And Omani ideas are very "warfriendly". I don't remember being stackwiped so often :D

First very suicidal war - taken one province, no manpower.
Second - white peace, no mapower
Third - Spain finally agreed to ally, joined, but never did anything. White peace
At least at that moment Ottos was finally at 0% professionalism with 100+ merc.

And then I was finally able to ally someone from the north, who already lost most of Polish provinces to Ottoblob and did not like Otomans any more. He had quality, I had numbers, together (and later also Mewar) we made 5 wars of releasing nations, returning cores and so on.

Meet my fav friend!

prus.png

Paradox! i want more such unusual achiebvements!

Last edited:
  • 7Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
eu4_2.png
eu4_3.png

This, initially it was just a Good King Rene achievement run but then I realized PUs missions are op and so were Jerusalem ideas, so I thought it was my chance to try one faith.

I went Provence > Jerusalem > France > Westphalia. Actually I'm pretty noob at tag switching so I messed up a few things and ended up losing too much admin (initially I wented to switch Mughals or Yuan but didn't know the requirements well enough) so I wanted to form Germany, but due to my lack of admin I had to feed pretty big vassals in german region and I couldn't integrate them all until way later in the game, when I didn't need german admin efficiency anymore, so I stayed as Westphalia until the end (with Jerusalem ideas) for extra swag points

• 7Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I had fun with the Saruhan achievement, here is what my empire looks like (not the most pretty one but it is fine). I milked the favors for Mamluks territory, basically getting Syria for free. I sniped Moscow to prevent Russia, and dev Karamanie like crazy. Also there's so many monuments I didn't know which one to upgrade.

saruhan.png

oui oui.png

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
My Ethiopia - Aksum run.
Armenia is my vassal, Greece is under a personal union.
Italy, Russia and Deccan are my allies.
Italy has that huge Scandinavia under a personal union. Italy got formed by Mantua, they had done all the requirements themselves, except for owning Genoa, which joined a war against me and I just gave it to my ally. After that, they went on a conquering spree.
Spain used to be the strongest nation in the game, it had England and Portugal under personal unions, all their colonial empires and all of Maghreb, as well. Eventually, their subject liberty desire increased and all of them, except for Caraibas and New Grenada (which got later eaten up by other colonial nations), declared an independence war and broke free. After that Spain began to rapidly decline and had non-stop revolts, where basically everyone broke free or got released by peace treaties. There were even Bruneian armies successfully occupying Spain lol.
Also, this is my 11. campaign now and it's the first time I see Qing forming!

Next week I'll probably return to Europe. Thinking about Bohemia or Hungary.

Attachments

• 01. Aksumite Empire.png
    01. Aksumite Empire.png
    183,6 KB · Views: 0
  • 02. World map.png
    02. World map.png
    282,6 KB · Views: 0
  • 03. Score.png
    03. Score.png
    3,2 MB · Views: 0
  • 04. Aksumite Empire.png
    04. Aksumite Empire.png