• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A Prussian WC !!! (1.30.4)

1627996017456.png

I started this game without hoping to get that far. At first, it didn't go as well as I hoped. I was in coalition territories and controlled only Germany and it's surroundings. Catholics were hating me (-80 due to the Council of Trent crazyness)

1629 : as I remember, my vassals were Finland, Kurland, Tver, Glogow and a few others
1627996758112.png

Then, in 1629, a miracle happened : Great Britain fell in a PU. By the 1700, the whole of Europe and North America were under my boots. At this point, I gave up of ever catching up, governing capacity wise. The HRE was utterly broken so I didn't bother trying to fix it.

By 1720, I owned almost all of Europe, save Portugal and Spain, and was starting to peek in Africa and Indonesia. Huge countries were still blocking me (the Mamluks, Vijayanagr, Bukhara, the Ming...). I didn't manage to get South America from Portugal's annexation and had to "manually" attack it, as I entered South East Asia.

The conquest of Asia was facilitated because countries allied each others and had triburaries, so by planning my wars carefully I could take big chunks in each war and release whole countries like Ava and Mongolia. I didn't have to truce break once. Though the last war against Vijayanagar was as late as 1819 and I used 98 WS to annex them.
1627996927616.png

Finally, I gave up on ever integrating my vassals before 1821 and ended with 17 of them (+GB) (out of 11 possible. I'm still the emperor of the HRE). I still managed to get all three last techs, so had I time in the XIXth century, I could have annexed all of them.

This is my second WC (first with the Ottomans, last year), and I'm surprised I could pull it off, as imperfect as it might seem to expert eyes.

The Sun will never set on the Prusso-British empire :cool:.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions:
First failed attempt at forming the Roman Empire as Aragon -> Italy by 1600. I find this quite a fun challenge so I'm going to keep trying, made a few mistakes along the way; a coalition just made me release Candar and Catalonia (I got Tlemcen as my vassal for that purpose but they didn't want me to release them of course) though I'd already fell short of my goal.

20210804102614_1.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions:
First failed attempt at forming the Roman Empire as Aragon -> Italy by 1600. I find this quite a fun challenge so I'm going to keep trying, made a few mistakes along the way; a coalition just made me release Candar and Catalonia (I got Tlemcen as my vassal for that purpose but they didn't want me to release them of course) though I'd already fell short of my goal.
You can still do that. Thats the same game I played where i realised Rome was within reach at some point. Plenty of time left

• 1Like
Reactions:
You can still do that. Thats the same game I played where i realised Rome was within reach at some point. Plenty of time left
Yeah, but I think his goal is to do it before 1600, of course that is a 'self-set' goal, but that means there is no time left anymore for him to achieve his self imposed goal.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Morocco --> Andalusia

20210807110250_1.jpg

Formed Andalusia pretty late, in the mid-1600s. Had some intention of going on to finish the mission tree, but I had trouble getting a 100-legitimacy heir to access the middle east claims, I did a stupid thing in my most recent Castile war - selected conquest instead of nationalism CB - and then just before the truce was up I fell into a 14-year regency council (my ruler died at 26 somehow!). I have Austria and Persia as allies - until recently, the Ottomans as well, but then they dropped me because they decided they wanted a bunch of provinces in Mexico. Europe was pretty boring - that Navarra you might spot if you squint is my vassal.

20210807110312_1.jpg

All of the Morocco-colored CNs are mine. Note the formation of Brazil, Chile, Colombia, and great-power Canada!

20210807110322_1.jpg

Spent down my prestige before quitting to get the Foul Mouthed achievement.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Fun game where I didn't have to handle France nor Spain. Annoyingly though I was bothered by islamic events where some provinces would convert even though I stayed hinduist. Overall it was cool, I recommend giving Cebu a try

cebu.png

• 8Like
Reactions:
Decided to get back into the game with an "A-Z lite" challenge. Instead of playing all countries in alphabetical orders, I'll play one country for each letter in the alphabet, started with A ... which stands for Ava.

eu4_395.png

Dai Viet, Luang Prabang and Khmer are vassals.

I could continue, but the combination of bad ideas, bad religion and bad economy make me long for something better.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Lotharingia
after 5 k hours in EU4, found out that Loth can be just super ideal for eating HRE, ideas set and claims are perfect. Easily formed by 1550 , with pu over Iberia, Scandinavia and HRE dutches. by 1600 killed all HRE and had 0 times to fight coalition

• 2Like
Reactions:
Played Hormuz this time and managed to get that Strait Talk achievement for reaching 10 Dip Rep. Could get it earlier but Kilwa was always allied with my main ally Mamluke so I had to postpone invasion on the Ivory provinces until I could attack them without Mamlukes.. Of course at that time I got other Dip Rep boosts so I got 12 DipRep not just 10, but never mind I can now scratch this achievement from the list.
Beside Mameluke, I had Transoxiana, Bahmanis & Delhi as allies & Sistan & Bashkiria as vassals.
eu4_1.png

eu4_2.png

• 6Like
Reactions:
I've been busy the last week

Munich -> Bavaria -> HRE

eu4_21.png

Achievements: Stern des Südens

Jianzhou -> Manchu -> Qing

eu4_41.png

Achivements: A Manchurian Candidate, Qing of China, Turn the Tide, Traditional Player, Pirate Bay of Janjira, Sweet Harmony, These Banners need a Saga

And a rather peculiar Persian run

eu4_54.png

Can you piece together how I got there?

• 6Like
Reactions:
In the " Jianzhou -> Manchu -> Qing" run what is the green Blob "? East Africa" in East Africa?
Judging by the colour and lenght of the name I suspect its Portugal

• 1Like
Reactions:
Around the world in 60 years. A super chill game thanks to the charter companies, a bit disappointed tbh, I even almost got Canton for free too if not for Ming rivaling me the day after our alliance.

Europa Universalis IV 2021.08.30 - 07.49.39.06.png

• 1Like
Reactions: