• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
20200802061603_1.jpg
So uh, I cant seem to make it past the date after this save because my allies dont think the ottomans are scary enough to team up on him. My colonial life is going well tho

eu4_155.png

My favourite 1.30 campaign so far. Early game was pretty fun, using my Emperorship as a way not to heal the HRE; but to destroy it from the inside. Though I would like the Austrian mission tree to be less RNG dependent. The Colonial and Habsburg Domination branches depend on things largely out of the player's control.

The ultra-late game was highly annoying as the Revolution CB became incalid against my neighbours.

Achievements:

Global Hegemon

eu4_165.png

My upteenth Japan campaign in a row, though only my second starting as Ashikaga.

I shudder that I have to play that country another two times.

Achievements:

Made in Japan

eu4_173.png

Why is Poland can into Space a thing? WHY WHY WHY?!

I'm seriously considering to give me that achievement through cheaty means.

Achievements:

One King to Rule
Winged Hussars

20200806020845_1.jpg

I did a Timurid->Mughals game. Unfortunately I got distracted around 1700 and only came back to it today and just wanted to get to the end so most of the conquering happened early on with just a few smaller wars after. Until about 1650 I pretty much had coalitions against me nonstop and just juggled truces.

Interesting things which happened in this game, for the first time ever Qing formed (far too late to be any good, and Ming is still clinging on to most of southern China), Teutonic Order thrived and controlled most of modern Poland until the last 50 years or so and the HRE peacefully agreed to enforce Catholicism despite only having about 3 catholic princes so Hanover was the Emperor pretty much since the moment the Reformation happened

• 1Like
Reactions:
1682 Timeline Mainland.jpg

I just finished my Savoy>Sardinia-Piedmont>Italy>Roman Empire campaign for Mare Nostrum achievement.

Bohemia, Sweden and Saxony are my personal unions and Brandenburg is my vassal.

I formed Roman Empire because I was going to finish the campaign anyways and I knew the disadvantages. This campaign was over so its not an issues for this case but losing your cultural union and becoming a cultural union of non-existing cultures doesn't make any sense. Their ideas are cool but there are already too many nations with amazing ideas, other than achievement/RP reasons there is literally no reason to form Roman Empire unfortunately.

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
My own Mare Nostrum.

I was originally aiming for Consulate of the Sea, but I realised that Aragon's missions were really good for getting Mare Nostrum as well. I also got around to getting Spain is not the Emperor (although apparently that disappears after you form Rome), and Guarantor of Peace. A lucky PU over Britain meant that I didn't really have to worry at all about colonising, with them and Portugal doing the work for me.
eu4_map_ROM_1724_08_01_1.png
eu4_14.png

• 2Like
Reactions:
Normandy run, very cool ideas but lacking in combat ability or anything giving credit to their military might, but their final idea is great, even though I didn't used it much.

Also a bit sad that there's no mission towards Sicily, Jerusalem or against Byzantine cores. Very generic but understandable since it's a tag you have to release.

The color is meh however

normandie.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
Austria is really strong in this patch. This was not the fastest route to revoke the privilegia, but I expanded quite a lot and completely crushed the reformation. I am definitely going for a world conquest (my first time :D ) with all the time I have left. Anything I need to keep in mind or am I just to overpowered to fail right now?

Austria_Pol.jpg

diplo map Austria_Dip.jpg empire map Austria_Emp.jpg faith map Austria_Fai.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions:
1.29.6 VH

Feb.1487 - Better than Napoleon
eu4_237.png

Subjects.: Nitra (vassal) and Castile (PU)

Apr.1480 - Big Blue Blob
eu4_173.png

May.1467 - Conquest of Moskva
eu4_67.png

eu4_238.png

• 5Like
Reactions:
Since I made an account here, I thought I'd post here too:
1692 no horde/shogun "Zoroastrian" one tag TTM (actually mayan... just took the -4 stab decision to convert at the end for stylepoints):
1597797198436.png

I posted more details on a reddit post:

• 7Like
Reactions:
eu4_670.png

Why is the Rûm gone? run as Asturias, which went for ~15 years longer because I didn't read the achievement requirements properly - I had The Knights hold most of Anatolia as a Vassal and you need to own the state of Rûm directly.

Desmond, Alençon, and Kongo (only holding the coastline - never got around declaring a Reconquest war on their behalf) are vassals, the Commonblob a random PU. They didn't even have my dynasty on their throne; they had a Habsburg when they got rid of Elective Monarchy and kept the dynasty, but Austria was in a regency when the Polish king died without heir, I had an alliance+RM with the PLC and a lot of luck, apparently. Russia contested, but that was long past the point where I've outgrown the other powers.

eu4_map_ASU_1666_01_04_1.png
The whole world. I focussed a lot on the Americas as a bit of a handicap for myself and the only remaining European powers in America are Denmark (with the Norwegian CN Vinland) and the Netherlands. Speaking of - I didn't have the heart to do something about the Dutch in the new world because that's a very beautiful Netherlands right there. If I caught the events correctly, Burgundy took the option to consolidate the low countries into one Netherlands PU, which then grew quite a lot threw the "XY joins the republic" events to the point where they were too strong for Burgundy to contain.

Colonial Nations seem to be really bad about fabricating claims. I marked all of the Maya and Nahuatl lands as special interest, but my Mexican CN never fabricated a single claim in more than 150 years. I dropped Explo and never took Espionage, so all I could do was send a colonist and get claims / Holy War CB, but apart from the Incan tags, I intended to wait for Imperialism CB, which is a decade or so away at this point.

A lot of my African lands are taken from other Europeans and I only started filling the gaps after spawning all the CNs in America. I know that Australia looks a bit funky right now, but I wanted to make sure that the CN (which is about 500 settlers away from spawning) would colonize the entire region on its own (well, with some subsidies).

Yes, that is Qing in the far east. They recently lost a war to Russia though, so I suspect they wouldn't look as strong in 1820 if I continued the game.

• 3Like
Reactions:
My first real playthrough of the Papal States. I united Italy and proclaimed the "Kingdom of God" focusing on tall play rather than endless expasion netting me over 30 dev in every single Italian province and basically every building possible. Portugal, Byzantium and Jerusalem are my vassals for that sweet trade control making Genoa the richest trade node in the world. Now, this might not look like the most impressive empire in the world... Well it might just be because the Popes real ambition isn't a wordly empire per se. rather a spritual one... The secular rule of the Pope is only a means to an end.
Tall Kingdom of God (One Faith).jpg

And that end is that every man and woman and child are following the true word of god (of the colonized world). And every ruler is subservient Gods representative on earth. A goal reached in the beginning of the 19th century. So... how did I get here?
Catholic World (One Faith).jpg

An early expansion in Italy and vassalization of the remnants of Byzantium set the stage to unite Italy, break the Ottoman expansion and retake the holy land to reform the crusader kingdom of Jerusalem. By the late 1500 I proclaimed the Kingdom of God have manifested on earth to the salvation of humanity. Soon thereafter I mended the schism between Orthodoxy and Catholicism. I dealt with the reformation fairly well but the centers of reformed faith were out of reach so almost all german princes turned to heresy atleast once before being convinced of their errors.

Expansion was basically done and I waited for the last gov. reform which came 1647. "Global Crusade" This is where things kicked off for real since I now had a global cb to force convert... well anyone. Down below we see 49k missonaries spreading the word of god to the good people of Formosa.

49k missionaries (One Faith).jpg

Most countries could be conviced by the missionaries, however, there were quite a few blobs in the game. India and China alike was shared between 3 big powers and in Persia there were 2 big powers. Thus the pope sometimes had to take direct controll of the locals to ensure a smooth transition to Catholicism. The same had to be done to some humanist, tolerant countries which refused to convert their population. However, most rulers were easly convinced to spread the word of god by quite a hefty monthly subsidition from the Pope himself.

By the year 1768 every nation in the world had the offical religion of Catholic, ofc there were still alot of religious minorities around.
One Faith (offical religions 1768).jpg

1799 Salzburg, the first german bishopric to turn to Reformed abandoned their Catholic ways once more to become Reformed. This spurred a war between the Pope and the Empire which lasted for 10 years leading to more than 2,5 million dead (Austriablob had a standing army of 350k and many friends). This war of attrition was partly because of the Alps with mountain forts on both sides making defence easy and offence hard. Quite ironic that I managed to pick up the achivement for winning a war with atleast 1 million dead on both sides just to convert an opm with a peacedeal costing 6% warscore.

Anyway 1811 the war was over and the real empire was the religous one.

• 7Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Bahmanis -> Deccan -> Hindustan. Aims were to hit the money cap as well as get familiar with Indian estates in 1.30. Though in the lategame it morphed into a testrun for eating Europe as an Asian tag, something I've tried multiple times but what always ended in failure. My target was to simply eat all of Italy, which I obviously did not achieve.

eu4_197.png

The problem? The -100 general opinion you get from being a Hegemon, which makes it impossible to prevent coalitions diplomatically. Lategame a big coalition HRE + Italians + Spain + Russia formed against me, so instead of using the last 15 years of the game productively I tried to dissolve the coalition. But as countries with as little as -6 opinion from AE stayed in the coalition, it eventually fired and led to this utterly pointless war:

eu4_196.png

This honestly makes me worried for any WC attempts.

You could just
The problem? The -100 general opinion you get from being a Hegemon, which makes it impossible to prevent coalitions diplomatically. Lategame a big coalition HRE + Italians + Spain + Russia formed against me, so instead of using the last 15 years of the game productively I tried to dissolve the coalition. But as countries with as little as -6 opinion from AE stayed in the coalition, it eventually fired and led to this utterly pointless war:

View attachment 612660

This honestly makes me worried for any WC attempts.
Simply having more troops than the entire coalition solves the problem, they won't form that way.

Simply having more troops than the entire coalition solves the problem, they won't form that way.

Thing is, I had more troops than the entire coalition before Russia joined (they were truce-blocked for a while). Still it wouldn't budge.

The biggest hope for my WC attempt (as the Timurids) is that I can use their less passive initial position to abort the two greatest threats I had this run, Russia and the Ottomans.

Thing is, I had more troops than the entire coalition before Russia joined (they were truce-blocked for a while). Still it wouldn't budge.

The biggest hope for my WC attempt (as the Timurids) is that I can use their less passive initial position to abort the two greatest threats I had this run, Russia and the Ottomans.

I know from personal experience (on an older patch, not 1.30), you can perform a no-CB war on Byz while also fighting Ajam for your cores. Keeping everything stable after that isn't the worst thing. At worst, you can leave Byz at low WS but maintain "sieges" on them and come back and finish the war after you've integrated 3 of your vassals.