• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think the achievement is rather based on that. But I like the idea that you thought it came from Alice.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I think the achievement is rather based on that. But I like the idea that you thought it came from Alice.
I was obviously joking.

Reactions:
You never know. Achievements are based on football teams, obscure Swedish bands and bad puns. Could have been Alice.

• 3Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
current Ironman Timurid/Mughal game, currently torn with indesition on if I should focus on conquoring India and other Eastern lands, or if I should go for unifying Islam and becoming the Caliphate:

20200624163626_1.jpg
20200624163635_1.jpg

also funny thing I noticed in this loading screen.. see that brown-ish red provence on the western coast of Africa? that's a colony of the Isle of Mann, somehow they became independant and have become colonizers, also scotland has 4 provences in the carribian(and sadly for them there aren't any spare provences left to get a fifth from)

That's exactly what I was about to say. This is 1572 and you are the Mughals, the world is your oyster.

true enough I suppose(it felt way to easy to keep the Timmurid vassals loyal, even after the starting king dies, or was I just lucky/over-prepared?), it's just that both sides have formed into super-pack alliances, so any war is going to be tedious and expensive... though I suppose having truces with all/most of my neighbors to one side does encourage warring on the opposite side while that truce expires...

EDIT: also I'm like 4 levels behind in admin tech due to all these conquests, giving me horrible unbalanced tech penalties.

and I kind of tanked my economy debasing money so I could embrace the Renaissance... whichh was pretty stupid seeing as now I'm behind on both colonialism andf the printing press and I'm still long one tech behind most European nations.

Last edited:
okay, I think this run is ruined, or at least majorly set back for a few decades, why is so much of the Mamluk army cannons? and why can they stack-wipe 27k-29k strong armies if I don't manually retreat!? have cannons always worked this way? I was under the impression that the ratio should be something 1 altilary per 5 cav(unless sieging), 1 cav per 4or 5 infantry... was that wrong?

half of India is starting to form a colalition becouse I'm getting wooped over in Arabia

20200624214551_1.jpg
20200624214546_1.jpg

Don't worry about coalitions. Coincidentally, I have a Mughals run I made over the last 3 days, starting in 1.30.2 as Transoxiana. I only had to do..... 4 truce-breaks.

20200625003838_1.jpg

So, every Muslim & Hindu (that knows I exist) in the world would join a coalition against me, and still might once half of them have their truce expire from the last coalition. Even Ming was eligible at one point... they've been rivalling me since 300 dev or so.

First time I've had a coalition war in a long time, even longer since I cheesed out of one (gave away my ally AQ's cores, whom I'd just managed to ally).

eu4_113.png

I hate breaking my country for achievements, so I tried to keep it in a viable state, and... I did it. Not much to say, except I was all over the place. Shah Rukh died within two months, catching me by surprise. My cunning plan to not ally Afghanistan allowed me to border Multan almost immdiately, but Jaunpur swallowed Delhi early and formed Delhi themselves, and no convenient tags to reconquest... I didn't pay enough attention to the missions and didn't snake enough, so had to truce-break 2x each for Bengals / VJ to come in under the deadline.

Forgot to consider splendour for the warscore cost ability, so got that slightly late, though still saved my 2 truce-breaks and associated AE.

20200625183536_1.jpg
Only took about 2 loans max due to events. Stopped paying corruption about 1510s, but Legalism interaction kept it low anyway. Tried using mercs, but the large company sizes were too unwieldly and a waste of ducats. Forts were pretty handy for all the rebels, though I never built any and there were always huge gaps AI would walk through during war.

20200625183542_1.jpg
Tech 7 admin was actually easily do-able, with some minor vassal-feeding I have state cores from Punjab to the border with Tsang in the screenshot. Governing capacity 914/900. Developed for Renaissance, probably should've done it in Delhi, but I was bumbling around late at night for these games, so that's my excuse. DIP 7 and MIL 12 didn't really matter since I was done by that point, should've saved to develop Colonialism. Major source of corruption though.

20200625183547_1.jpg
Aristocratic + Diplomatic for the heck of it. In hindsight Quantity would've been better, especially with mercs useless for half of their normal role (tanking attrition in sieges). Lots of diplomats.

20200625184714_1.jpg

Well, that's it. Will probably pick up Sweet Home Qaraqorum. It's a good time to strike Ming, who are 3 Mil techs behind me, out of manpower and low(-ish) on Mandate... but I think I'll actually let AE burn off and sit doing nothing for 20 years, i.e. the boring thing and not facing the Eurasian coalition.

• 2Like
Reactions:
okay, I think this run is ruined, or at least majorly set back for a few decades, why is so much of the Mamluk army cannons? and why can they stack-wipe 27k-29k strong armies if I don't manually retreat!? have cannons always worked this way? I was under the impression that the ratio should be something 1 altilary per 5 cav(unless sieging), 1 cav per 4or 5 infantry... was that wrong?

half of India is starting to form a colalition becouse I'm getting wooped over in Arabia

View attachment 593868View attachment 593867
Having a full backrow of cannon is always good if you can afford it, it's just extremely expensive and has a limited benefit early game for a high cost. The later you are in the game, the harder it hits not to have enough canons.
Screenshots of a battle would explain why you're regularly wiped.

Reactions:
First Emperor game. Revolutionary France. I must say that revolutions were disappointing - getting Napoleon's Ambition achievement was a race between my troops sieging forts and revolution spreading by itself (race I usually lost in Europe, so to get the achievement I've spread revolution to some random tribes in Americas and Africa).
C950A5B4BF20EF8A63BC2336234C48F7B050129F

E6796B4A1DADDE853CC621F204B93C176FDECFD3

• 2Like
Reactions:
eu4_624.png

Still a work in progress, of course, but here's my Kaffa after 100-ish years of gameplay. Medri Bahri and Shewa are my vassals (and the only other Coptic nations on the map, RIP war exhaustion tickdown).
It's an interesting start - you're obviously filthy rich once you develop Renaissance in your Gold capital, but once you've gobbled up the little minors, you're kinda boxed in between Ethiopia and Adal. I broke out eastwards by pointing four allies at Adal (Ethiopia, Medri Bahri, Marehan, Warsangali) and backstabbing the non-Coptic ones. The friendship with Ethiopia didn't last too long, since they ran out of rival options.

The plan was to go south afterwards, secure (and TC-ify) Zanzibar and maybe pick Explo/Expansion to monopolize it before Europe arrives. Didn't work, as you can see - Mamluks decided to be a pain in the butt and claim DotF even before the truces with Marehan and Warsangali ended. They lost it at some point, which I used to advance to where the borders are now, but reclaimed it afterwards and have been holding it ever since. I'm a bit disappointed in the Ottomans, who still haven't launched an attack on the Mamluks despite being the #1 GP. I can't see their land yet, but they do share a border unless my colour-spotting is completely off.

Anyway, I decided to go eastwards instead, although the Mamluks insist on being annoying (they allied literally every remaining Arabian tag). I should be in a position to fight them, though - their army is only 8k larger than mine at this point (although their FL allows for another 20k or so) and they're only on tech 10 to my 11. Mil12 is a big one, so I'm probably going to wait for that and then go for it.

Idea groups are Religious (obvious choice, being Coptic), Plutocratic (I just like the group, and the -2 unrest is nice since I didn't go Humanist) and I've just gotten the first Diplomatic idea (considered splashing Explo to unveil the colonizable provinces in Zanzibar/Cape and then switch to Expansion, but I think the AE reduction is more important right now).

• 1Love
Reactions:
Spice Must Flow! >:3

I do not carry out the mission to unite the Hanseatic League - in my case, this will lead to terrible consequences, when all the trading cities and members of the trade League will become my vassals. Although of course I am partly to blame for this myself
eu4_345.png

eu4_346.png

Reactions:
Cheese and crackers!!! What unholy deity did you sacrifice to in order to get that kind of PU luck?! :eek:

Burgundy comes with an event and provence/lorraine already start with your dynastie, so those where pretty easy.
For the others, I just check the 'disputed succession' flag every month or so and if they have a ruler over 50 with no heir, I mary them and get lucky most of the time.
Well in this game, I got lucky all the time. I even got scotland and instantly inherited them when they fell into the PU. :)

• 1Love
Reactions:
PU with Bohemia, Commonwealth and Naples.
Emperor, elector and at around 1850 Government Capacity. (2676 development).
eu4_12.png

I am not quite sure what to do now, any comments, suggestions and ideas welcome.

• 3Like
Reactions: