• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My first Emperor game, and first EU4 game in about a year. I took my sweet time early on and played extremely passive to experience the new mechanics.

3ScxO0U.png
Is Florida independent too?

I try to find out how more often decolonisation happens. I suppose Canada is postVinland.

In my first run I had pretty succesful decolonisation, without my big efforts (1 war with Portugal, 2 with Spain, not for teritories, England and France didn't compete a lot for new world (okay,, French Colombia was first to independent, but I ha huge impact on it and it didn't survive long), and Canada was taken early by Norway)

It ennded up whole north america independent except Caribbean. Vinland into Canada, spanish Mexico, Florida and caucasia and pretty blobbing Iroquis. All spanish postcolonials and Iroquis ate portuguese belongings in northern america.

Somehow spanish Brazil never independent, and everything else in south america remained portuguese colonies.

nordam.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
And more about my first emperor empire

I chose Saxony because I wanted a long game to explore new features and even though there is not so much chinaware provinces, it is easier just to wait for revolution age and ignoring core distances

Europe.
Spain, Bulgaria, papal and England outside HRE. Poland, Russia - PU (i killed strong heir and resigned emperorship to introduce Rurikovich dynasty), Burgundy, Moldavia vassals.
Fully decentralised HRE, so I had only to start on French and Liege, Provance and Austria did the rest. I made it religious homogenous only 7 nations not protestant

europ.png
prostestantemp.png

Revolution started in Melaka, Pasai and quite nice spread
revol.png

Reaching 100% hegemony is to quick, 0,5% per month? Way to fast

hege.png

And achievements. I hope I will do white company one day.
49 still left :(

achi.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
Is Florida independent too?

I try to find out how more often decolonisation happens. I suppose Canada is postVinland.

Canada was French, and Florida was English. I think England would have lost Florida without me, but I definitely am the reason why France lost Canada. Spain held to their numerous colonies quite easily despite losing two wars to me. Portugal also has 3 colonial nations despite a small powerbase, and the Mamluks are back in Australia if you want the complete picture.

Played to see what I could do with the HRE bug. Formed HRE in 1555, but you don't have much governing capacity in the 16th century so I wasn't making much money.

It isn't much fun dealing with 3k loans with 11 ducat interest each, plus small army for the size of europe with constant rebellions getting in the way. With no extra governing capacity, I expanded into the New World a bit, but my europe borders didn't change from 1555 on

20200614211055_1.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions:
You are not supposed to form the Holy Roman Empire if you want to achieve anything special. Keeping the vassal swarm is stronger to wage wars, less microintensive, better in terms of governing capacity, conversion and coring speed. Press the last reform only once your run is over and you want nice unified borders. This is definitely something that should have changed in 1.30 imo, but forming the Holy Roman Empire is still just a bad move.

• 1Like
Reactions:
So; the opportunity finally arose for me to break my shackles of the HRE; as Austria broke alliance with Spain and declared a succession war on their PLC ally.

So; my Theocratic Trier->Westphalia stopped being an Arch-Bishoptic and became a Arch-Tappistry; as it's a Catholic Theocracy with the Brewing reform.

And then I upgraded to Empire

7BLxvxh.png

I AM THE BREWING IMPERIUM!

This is the best government name ever.

Also my rulers are called Brewmasters.

• 6Like
  • 4Love
  • 3Haha
Reactions:
First 1.30 game, started as Burgundy and got Mary of Lotharingia, Pope as Elector, Hegemon and Napoleon's Dream achievements. Paradox loves putting RNG-dependent achievements. I verified that economy is broken, all big nations are drowning in debt.
I've found out during the campain that revolutionary countries can still become curia controller, is this a bug?
I tried going HRE decentralization route because it's bonuses pale in comparison to revoke. I mean, they could at least give all AIs in empire WE reduction, then perhaps it will be comparable.
Not only did they change Burgundian inheritance but also added some events for Aragon so Iberian wedding is different too.
Waiting for 1.30.3 to fix the economy, but expansion is very good.

20200619110714_1.jpg

• 1Love
Reactions:
I just did a Sakoku Law run. I did not plan to really expand and I had to play to the lategame, so I used that to push for a very specific and annoying achievement.

HlqDuXK.png

That's what I call quality. 100 Army Tradition, 100 Naval Tradition 100 professionalism, over 8 land morale and 9 naval morale, numerous 4 siege generals and a significant bonus to every unit type. I also would have several hundred thousands ducats if I did not spam forts and Townships for the Army Tradition, and I still sit over 100k ducats. I pushed every province to 20 dev and built Soldier's Households in every grain/fish/livestock province so I have over 300k manpower without quantity and by just having stated Japan. That's an unbeatable nation right there. Just some tall isolationist traditional gameplay. I wish the AI could do that if he did not expand. That would be some challenge.

zrKkdkx.png

I would have added Offensive for even better generals and even more Discipline and Siege Ability. One could do without some of these groups. Espionage is just for the Espionage/Quality Army Tradition policy, but that's because I wanted to speed 5 and limit the number of wars, one does not need it to reach 100 AT in a real campaign where you wage wars.
I used the inner perfection privilege restricted to Eastern religions that gives -1 stab every time you declare a war for a very small dev cost reduction, that's actually the only gameplay where this makes sense. I still had to abandon it around 1650 to start waging wars and increase my Army Tradition.

Last edited:
I could not resist cleaning up borders, annexing my vassals and conquering China. Keeping high AT is really hard unless you are doing a WC, but NT is actually really easy with the 10 World Ports I have.

93kohd7.png

I leave it as that, with 130% discipline, could be 45% siege ability, 10 land morale and 11 naval morale if I farmed more prestige. The revolution is spreading through my land at rapid speed and these Revolutionary Mamluks probably deserve a war

I did not interact with the outher world at all so that can count as an observe game too.

99KCCMZ.png

Granada had beaten Castile and Iberia was a real mess. France was doing fine and they helped that Kildare survive vs England who never could form Great Britain. Provence and Austria finally broke France. Austria was really successful the entire game, and they protected Albania the entire game. The Ottomans were doing fine until the Mamluks turned Revolutionary and they collapsed on all fronts in the end. Russia has 15k debt at one point, but apart from that the AIs were doing fine. The Malwa+Bengal alliance in India was really strong and I fought against them to reach 100 AT.

• 1Like
Reactions:
20200621183140_1.jpg

Nearly 50 years into the game and I can finally start expanding. :) I guess I should have no CBed someone but was hoping to be able to expand using claims only. Still haven't had an opportunity to break up the Austria - Hungary alliance however I've just been elected emperor so now I can expand elsewhere. Silly Netherlands?

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
20200621101944_1.jpg

Guess who I am, and how much Dev I have :D

Yeye, I know, Blue London probably gave it away.
20200621101954_1.jpg

Most (except for a few recently aquired Woods provinces without Trade Center in their state) provinces are either 20 or 30 dev. That sums up surprisingly quick.
Kinda lost the motivation to play though, since Denmark just got finished off by Poland (they were leftr with 2 Estonian provinces) and got me the Hemmingstedt achievement.

Notes of the run: Stacking Republican Tradition gain is OP. I can legitimately reelect permanently, and will lose 2 RT every 3 years whilst mainting a steady supply of 6/6/6s. The occasional death or event easily compensates as much.
Developement Cost Reduction stack in Netherlands is highly effective. Especially since it's now easy to keep the Burghers at 60+ influence and loyalty.
As well, was interesting to start out as a <10 dev OPM, and essentially fund myself off of trade ships alone.
Sadly, enforcing Peasent War Demands is bugged and creates random Republics. Despite my effort, we (peasents) actually 'lost' the war. Damn 'em nobles.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
My lazy/slow game with the new patch. Probably gonna push the button to make Rome by the end, but it's basically done at this point. Have done WCs before, no question this could've been one. I kept going back and forth between "Eh, it's not a WC this time" and "but I can take so much more land if I do X." Amazing the habits built up.
Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 10.30.02 PM.png

• 2Like
Reactions:
TTUz7zp.png

The moment I attained the 'A Decent Reserve' Achievement as Bohemia.

You might notice that I'm not an insane blob; and I've achieved this in 1705. In fact; I only have 78 provinces.

egsoW6j.png

As you can probobly tell by the fact that I have 1,881 development in 81 provinces [An average development of 23.2 per province], this is actually a Tall game.

So how am I THIS absurdly tall and have over 1,000,000 manpower in 1705? A combination of broken things:

7zlEYsS.png

Firstly; Advisor Cost. Bohemia can get the most advisor cost reduction of any nation, provided you are hireing Czech advisors; they get -35%. You can get another -25% from allowing the estates to have their oversight bonuses. And another -25% from Innovative Ideas. This gets you to -85% Advisor Costs, and the government reform gets you to -90%. I actually didn't even need to take Espionage but I did mostly because I wanted to dump some DIP; lower my AE and make claims faster. Influence or Diplomatic probobly would have been better but this just shows you can go full meme, and not every country is Bohemia in terms of advisors anyway.

Oh yeah; and Advisor Cost Reduction is capped at 90%. A thing that comes up so rarely before I don't even think it's on the wiki. But now *any* nation can get -50% with the new Estates and Inno.

Also this cap dosen't effect any 'This advisor is 25%/50% cheaper to recruit' effects. That is independent and applies after standard reductions.

vMAqxJx.png

2nd broken thing: New estates. 25% cheaper all advisors and +1/+1/+1 all game. I rushed revokeing crownland to 40%; then giving the +1 MP bonuses. Then I ignored crownland because I've been gaining it via conquest and building into space anyway. Also; the 15% Absolutism from Crownland helps cancel out the Aboslutism hits I take for this priviledges. I have 74 max absolutism [Although I am in a Golden Age] without triggering C+C.

Combine these together and I can quite easily be gaining +6/+6/+6 per month; on top of the base +3/+3/+3 and my own actual Monarch. Yes; I can effectively have a 6/6/6 ruler in bonuses for almost nothing. [5 cost advisors cost 5.76 ducats per month; 11.53 for non-Czech]

mEwx3gm.png

Oh; and I have a PU over Hungary via mission [Well; via mission then I had to take it back by force again since my King immediately died], Brandenburg is a March [Subjugation mission] and Riga is as a March [Somehow they turned Monarchy, got a PU over RUSSIA and I force-vassalised. I am now feeding them Russia which they are converting due to Religious Ideas and being Riga. Also a March to help fight Russia and mitigate my Governing-Cap]

On the topic of Governing Cap; I'm at 948. I was nearly at my cap; but then I punched money out of Russia and the Ottomans and build Town Halls literally everywhere. That's basically what I've been doing the last ~50 years. Alternateing between punching the PLC; Russia and Ottomans [Especcialy as the latter keep gurenteeing the former] and taking small amounts of land and tons of ducats to build manpower.

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Bahmanis mk.2

View attachment 584768

Better start this time, but once again horrible RNG so I'm tempted to restart.

Is that a symbol of PU? How is it possible if you are muslim or hindu?

And in your prior attempt, have you put you home node to Gujarati? It is impossible to control all of South and West Coast in India and be poor.

Ed.: sorry, realized that is the disloyal vassal icon.

Last edited:
Kingdom of God and Holy Trinity.
20200624094000_1.jpg

Now its 1589 and I don't know what to do next .
20200624100041_1.jpg

Austria denies to make me elector for the other achievement. Thanks, will try to do that too.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
You're too big to become an elector. And too Italian.

I ate three electors, culture shifted to Rhenisch and created a vassal to be smaller.

Got elected the next year.
1592991347835.png

1592991390432.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Mamluks in to Arabia for Arabian Coffee, continuing on to get Levant Turnabout, Absolutely and Live Long and Prosper

I like the Mamluks government/religion combination

ArabianCoffee.jpg

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
I've completed one more achievement that must be based off this song from Alice in Wonderland:
AEIOU
Picked up another Austrian achievement as well, so it's 260/310 right now.
Weirdest thing happened when I got Burgundy as PU in 1504 after I've already made them an HRE prince. I thought if they reach 1500, this won't happen but I guess it's different for AI.
Ottomans, Muscovy and Denmark were allied to each other and had no other relations with anyone for about half of the game, it's nice to see AI use his brain for once.
Late game, I managed to somehow stop the revolution. It spawned in one of my provinces in Malaysia and was spreading to Ottomans and southeast Asia but not a single country became revolutionary 30 years after the center of revolution spanwed so it disbanded.

20200624085749_1.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions:
I think the achievement is rather based on that. But I like the idea that you thought it came from Alice.

• 4Like
Reactions: