• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why does your position from earlier in the game still on the 3rd of January 1821? This isn't an accusation of anything, I'm just not sure what's going on with that last picture.

He's using the timeline which shows the progress of his emipre. Look at the upper left corner and you will see the date the map looked like that.

• 1Like
Reactions:
He's using the timeline which shows the progress of his emipre. Look at the upper left corner and you will see the date the map looked like that.

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you!

Last edited:

It's a nice feature added a few patches back. I wish it didn't mess with colonial nation colors though.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Didn't succeed on my first try for Lion of the North. This time I'm trying a different strategy...

6NtTNBO.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I was trying to get my first WC, but I was 10 or 20 years too late to conclude. Bit sad because it was very boring and tidious and I didn't get it :(

Started as Cathottomans and got the vassal swarm but I waited too much to attack the colonizers

saint empire.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
Finally managed to get the Re-Reconquista. Got a lucky start where Castile had only allied Portugal and I was able to gobble up most of North Africa in the first 25 years. Aragon attacked Castile several times, leaving them small enough for me to vassalize and then declare a reconquest war for their cores. France was the final boss as they had several provinces in the north that I needed while Ottomans were in too much debt to help me.

nQ2NXhQ.jpg

• 9Like
Reactions:
Finally managed to get the Re-Reconquista. Got a lucky start where Castile had only allied Portugal and I was able to gobble up most of North Africa in the first 25 years. Aragon attacked Castile several times, leaving them small enough for me to vassalize and then declare a reconquest war for their cores. France was the final boss as they had several provinces in the north that I needed while Ottomans were in too much debt to help me.

nQ2NXhQ.jpg
What was your starting nation?

What was your starting nation?
The Re-reconquista achievement can only be done as Granada.

eu4_586.png

Last campaign before 1.30, and maybe a good-bye to the OP-ness of Indian trade Companies. Najran, Bulgaria and (freshly released out of France's land) Granada are my vassals. Borders with the Mughals and the Ottos could use some smoothing, but it'll do. I zoomed in a bit to make the borders in Europa a bit clearer, but Africa is completely filled out, too.

Started by unifying my home region, while seeking a Kilwan alliance for them to sell me Feudalism. I conquered the lands around Lake Victoria via vassals and also made the jump to the Mutapan gold mines by vassalizing Tumbuka when they were called into a war against me. Kilwa declared some questionable wars and got punished for it, so I dropped that alliance and vassalized them for the Reconquest CB instead.

I managed to grab all colonizable provinces in Zanzibar and Cape before any Europeans, so once I got my foothold into Gujarat, money was no longer a problem. I still grabbed all the lands in SEA because TCs are still silly and because Ming sploded, there was nothing really stopping me. The biggest obstacle was the Ottomans chartering provinces, so I had to tread lightly against the Muslims in Indochina (and NW India) to avoid coalitions.

eu4_587.png
South East Asia - completely forgot about the French buying a province from Brunei... Otherwise, it's all Kongo and very few colonies of my dear friend and coalition-deterrent Russia.

eu4_588.png
My American CNs. Both more or less byproducts from conquering a couple provinces from Portugal and Aragon (the latter was reduced to ~70 WS, so I fully annexed them because why not)

eu4_589.png
I remained Fetishist because I honestly like the religion's mechanics. Half of my lands are still Sunni/Coptic/Catholic, of course, but I did spread the one true faith to the holy land! I also also got the Jewish cult for the first time - Ethiopia didn't convert one of their Jewish provinces. I always thought that you'd have to either ally or wage war against a nation of the appropriate religion to unlock those, so I didn't think it was even possible to get outside of some very specific shenenanigans.

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
After a long and ardous journey the Rajput kaiser has finally found the throne of his dreams. For generations the nagauri people questioned the sanity of their ruling family but in 1630 an explorer returned after many years at sea with news that he had spent a few days in an previously unknown city "Nice", in the region of Italy.

In Nice he had asked about this "Germany" of which the Rajput kaisers were claiming rightful rule over, and the locals had confirmed it's existence. By the middle of the 17th century the conquest of Nice took place as the ruling family had declared it's total commitment to take their "rightful place" as the ruler of Germany. From there on out Lombardy and Switzerland soon fell. After a hundred years of conquest the Rajput Reich was finally realised when the kaiser declared Berlin as the new capital of Nagaur.
Raja of the Rajput Reich.jpg

And isn't it a Sikh Germany?
Sikh Germany.jpg

• 9Like
  • 2Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Dunno if this is the right place for modded empires and if not tell me so but I wanted to show off my wonderful (almost) empire of Korean Babylonia. This was an extended timeline run, where I not only played from the year 2 AD and plan on going to 1821, but I also randomized country placements, which is why Babylonia is a Muist Korean Kingdom. And a quick note I could have expanded and cheesed a lot more but with plans to take this to Vic 2 I want to roleplay and limit myself.

So basically this serves as a world check as well as showing off my empire.

20200604165317_1.jpg

The Homeland. Hainaut and the Aztec are my allies, as well as everyone in Japan. I wanted to see what would happen if I kept all of them alive. Though, the Pueblo are my Animist March. There was a long period of time where I couldn't expand at all, due to a big Yi empire (Created by Baden) in China and the Hainaut up north being my allies and also pretty big, so I mostly just focused on developing provinces. My most developed province is Ryukyu. I also started as a One Province Minor, btw.

20200604165252_1.jpg

My colonial gains down south as well as a few products of me diplo annexing vassals. I can't take all of the Philippines because Tondo is allied to huge powers int he area. Also, that Xi was formed by the Netherlands and has their ideas, which is amusing.

20200604172249_1.jpg

And some Fledgling colonies in America. Next up I'm gonna show how weird the world got.

20200604165343_1.jpg

There's a weird Nestorian population where Hainaut is and I don't know why. I sadly forgot to take a picture of the religious mapmodes but it is very interesting so maybe I'll get those later. Rashidun was created by Chickasaw a long time ago and kept their ideas.

20200604165410_1.jpg

Oyo, the countries on the Swahili Coast, South Sudan, and all the Madagascar countries spawned naturally. Nupe is...a weird one and you'll see why in a second but just know they were given those provinces due to extended timeline tomfoolery with their tag.

20200604165426_1.jpg

The big powers in Europe have been switching hands constantly Cumans used to exist in northern Iberia, Libya owned all of France and was scary, Circassia used to own Scandinavia, among other things. Nupe has a PU with Gupta, where Gupta is the junior partner, so that should be interesting. Hamid is colonizing, Nogai had inherited Kumaon in a PU, and both of them are orthodox. Just a small summary of the madness.

20200604165441_1.jpg

And here's America! Some big powers in Kochin and Mentese, and the Mexico region is dominated by two powers in particular. I cant see South America so unfortunately I can't show it to you, but just know that North America has their fair share of big empires.

So there's that! Just an update to inform others on how crazy this world is after 1500 years. A little over 200 more to go, and I'm excited to see how things develop. Hope it'll make an interesting Viccy 2 game in the future.

• 1Like
Reactions:
My Navarra run :

I was lucky enough to have France and Castile as allies very early, but my idea for peacefully PUing Aragon was dead in 1446 when I got a de Valois for king. Which had me go for PU France, then PU Wallachia who had a de Valois for king and Russia as their minor PU partner (100% LB for over 50 years).

I tried to convert the whole empire to Basque culture but I was too late unfortunately. Lots of cool tags in this run though. Couldn't find the strength to form the Roman Empire ; this Navarra yellow is so pretty !

navarre 1.png

navarre 2.png

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Last game before emperor, one of those freaking hard achievements that somehow aren't listed in any hardest top10s.

But the tag with such a nice leader and ideas, you want to play anyway.

So after a long long break caused by infinite number of attempts...

permow.png
pernw.png

Mongolia and Norway are subjects, released Mongolia took expansive ideas, so helped a little with Siberia.

Starting as Perm is a nightmare. Wait years for a shade of chance to fight for independence, with noone wanting to support you unless some weird circumstances (like Nogai in my game). And when you finally are independent, find out that noone would ally you because of 1) wrong religion b) distance c) army strenght

So the part two of a nghtmare begins: Army limit of around 10, no allies, the weakest trade node in old world and the only way of expansion is Muscovy with nearly 40k troops
For me this is easily in top5 hardest achievements

But I did!
Ideas:
Innovative > Defensive > Influence > Expansion > Offensive > Humanist

Time for some rest before my 2nd endless nightmare - Serbia

• 5Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: