• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Quite proud of this Shahanshah achievement, unfortunately couldn't get This is Persia too because Timur didn't collapse, it delayed my expansion westward by nearly a century thanks to a strong Timur as my neighbor (they even formed Mughals later). Oman and Mushasha is my vassal.
Safavid Persia.png

Someone posted a 'Buddhists Strike Back'-run here a few weeks ago as Kotte, and it inspired me to do one as Kandy (Kotte's vassal). Definitely a rewarding run. The initial start is obviously challenging, but It's not the worst. Advantage of doing it with Kandy is that you can also pick up the 'Cotton Kandy' achievement. I also messed around at the end and grabbed a province in the middle of Mexico of a surviving native tribe (by using the unrestricted conquest age ability during the age of revolution) to get the 'Land of Eastern Jade'- achievement. I can definitely recommend a Kandy or Kotte run!
eu4_16.png

eu4_15.png

Fun little nugget: Utrecht lost it's European province(s), had a province in Africa and one in Indonesia left, became a Sunni Sheikdom with Fetishist Zealots AND became a vassal of Timmy, who chartered the province next to them in Africa. o_O:p They were getting integrated at this point haha

eu4_13.png

I am currently trying to get 150 achievements before Emperor launches:

eu4_116.png

Definitely the Sultan of Rum and Parisian Pasha raises my total of 137. I expanded a lot during the Ages of Discovery and Reformation, but for I somehow slowed down a lot in the last 100 years of the campaign, mostly hindered by a Austrian-British-Spanish triple alliance as my units began to fall behind the Europeans.

Tunis - Andalusia.

One of my best games to date. Sadly I was delayed in the end because the occidental coalition didn't want to go away and Britain had such a powerful fleet. Still, it felt good to have Prussia, Austria, Burgundy and Ulm work together for the glory of the Sultan. I didn't convert them, though.

20200411171132_1.jpg

20200411171128_1.jpg

Just pulled off my first successfull Poland run. The early game is so annoying with the weak army low man power and no money but once but get winged hussars idea it's pretty easy. Was suprised how fast the PLC can snowball.
eu4_28.png

Started as Jianzhou in ironman, got the A Manchurian Candidate and Qing of China achievements, and finished all the missions. Happy with how it turned out :)

Attachments

• Qing.png
    Qing.png
    4,8 MB · Views: 58
So I saw that Korea had a new mission tree and I decided to go for a Chosen One run and here is the result.

The Korean Empire
z4HVym9.jpg

I followed the mission tree by first expanding into the Jurchen tribes and by the time I completely annexed/vassalized them, Ming was collapsed. I took advantage by attacking Shun during the Shun-Ming rebellion and took over the Beijing trade node. After the sweet economical boosts, I managed to invade Japan and conquer Kyushu and Southern Honshu. Soon after it was simply expanding step by step in every direction possible.

I decided to use Chahar, Dzungar and Kham as vassals/marches because I didn't want to deal with horde rebellions in vast lands, they also proved very useful as military allies and as bufferzones between my lands in China and the West. Later in game I released Kham so it could form Tibet and just when it formed I quickly made them my tributary.

pq1UP1v.jpg

Later I discovered that the Oirat horde of Kalmyk migrated to southern Russia which led to a devastating Korean invasion of the Ottomans :mad:

Overall, this was a lovely campaign. Korea is definitely one of my favorite Asian nations to play with. I've had no struggles keeping up with the Europeans when it came to tech. Korea is a very technological and tall based nation to play with.

Sidenote, imo the latest Manchu patch really improved the situation in East-Asia. 11/10! :)

5th approach to Eat my greens

Finally done
kale achi.png

30 years after expected, but plan B to delay global trade worked even though I built only maybe 5 manufactories or so (simply I didn't have cash, I had to maintain big army :] )

I should have finished 1615-1620, but I could not locate the final province. i tried to steal maps from everyone I could, but Aldyn in Sibera was unrevealed, I also thought I coloniased all required in Siberia :D

To those tying this achievement: lesser Sunda Islands, Timor, and 4 siberian prvinces must be colonised. I was also blind enough ot to see for a long time macau is also grassland

Anyway: vassals/marches everywhere, sometimes extremely hard to keep them loyal with divert trade. I had a period of nneverending 15years chainwar (and punitive one) just to prevent them ally and rebel, trying to level up karma for diplorep: Malwa, Andhra, Sunda and less important Ouchi, Luristan, Uzbek, Haixi.
One coalition only, 11 nations from mamluks in the west to Sulu in the east, finished with 99% lose while giving only 1 province to Mewar. The rest score was cancel subjects.
kalemap.png

I think I went pretty unusual ideas and religion.

As Kale starts with 0 religious unity anyway, I decided to switch to Vajrayana I think 5 morale is worth losing in the beginning 100 prestige. My first 2 runs were as Hindu, and simply I did rather weak. Vajrayana gives me 5% morale and 5 discipline + 2 diplorep from karma, and the ability to declare on basically everyone. Also tributaries are great to stop AE and you can core on their borders!

Ideas:
Religious. Usually my first pick whenever playing buddhist. Ability to declare on everyone + not paying for any province in peace deals. It means that for example you can attack enemy, release a country or more, take the rest paying no dip points. This way you replace non friendly country by friendly countries, which will be very happy to became tributaries, and stay in neutral karma.

Diplomatic:
obvious. And policy with religious for 20% religious unity

Expansion. Bonus colonist, bonus merchant (exploration doent give it) and very very important +30 trade power (+20 idea, +10 policy). And more diploslots and diplorep (policy)

Of course no military ideas at all. Military points were needed to 5xrecriut general for manpower,

Hard achievement. But I believe possibility to delay global trade makes it easier than True heir

• 1Like
Reactions:
A nice chill Hormuz -> Yemen -> Arabia achievement run. I think this is most diplomatic game I've ever played. I have Persia (ally since day one as Ajam), Songhai, Bengal, Malacca and Transoxania forming an alliance block covering the Indian Ocean, and Buton as an vassal holding my East Indies territory. When you aren't aiming to blob (too much), turns out cultivating good long-term relationships is pretty nice.

Protect the Secret was kind of annoying, as Coffee kept spawning in European colonies, leading to random wars to grab single provinces.

eu4_map_ARB_1752_03_29_1.png
eu4_11.png

My first and definitely last wc. Formed with Ottomans, approxtimately signed the vassal reform like 1550, added Spain, GB, Denmark and Portugal to HRE before last reform. The funny thing that i forget to ae so annexed Karaman and took provinces worth like 160% overextension from Mamluks in one war. That triggered the Muslim coalition which from Mali to Sulu and they forced me to release couple nations. Except that the campaign was easy like i didn't even go over 100% oe and managed to complete it like 1770.

C20E2A491EBB26D8FD468900EE5F3B1905A84B5A

An Ardabil --> Persia game for the Shahanshah and This is Persia! achievements:

20200424002349_1.jpg

20200424002341_1.jpg

Syria, Georgia, Garwhal, Nepal, and others are my vassals; Bahmanis is allied (but for some reason hasn't formed Deccan).

I managed to steal a bunch of Ajami provinces as they were getting wrecked by Timurids, then won the first defensive war against them by the skin of my teeth. After that it was smooth sailing. I formed Persia in the 1520s.

Some weird goings-on in Europe, with a big Brandenburg the emperor for a century; Urbino flipping to Protestant, conquering Rome, and becoming a major (Old World) colonizer; France taking, and keeping, southeastern England; and Ragusa, somehow, still guaranteed by the Ottomans, even after migrating inland.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Where the heart (as Dahomey make sure every province in Sahel and Niger is owned by fetishist country) is on every youtube list of hardest achievements. Sincerely, despite the fact you start with 3 dev and awful and young leader, IMO it is crazy easier than Rise of the whte sheep (as AqQuyunlu in 40 years or so make sure QQ don't exist and hold Tabriz). Dahomey I did at first run, AQ as far as I remember at 6th and bankrupt. Dahomey is still very playabble, my AQ was unplayable after achievement. As Dahomey everything depends on player (or mostly everything), AQ is very RNG (If QQ eats Shirvan and Ajam early - pretty common every game - restart) I don't think it is only a matter of slightly better skills now.

Anyway. The key was feeding Zazzau and Mossi for favors. One noCB on Macina+Kong+Jolof, so I could vassalise Kong and Jolof and have acces to Mali / western part.
One braketruce 1495, when finally all remains off Jenne Mali and Songhai were allied, so I could noCB only once.
Kanem Bornu, Jolof, Timbuktu are subjects, forced converted. I had to wait till 1499 though for positive relations with Timbuktu to force convert.

dahomey.png