• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Allied to France, the Ottomans AND Russia? Quite impressive, I'd imagine rivalries would be a pain to uphold those alliances but guess not.

100 years well spent.

FunzfnN.jpg

I realize Songhai is a pretty easy start, but this was a damn good century.
Europeans are starting to arrive in West Africa, just as I am finishing consolidating the region. I'm the sixth greatest power, all institutions embraced, 10/10/12 tech. 7/7 Quantity, 4/7 Innovative, 1/7 Quality - I had insanely mil-focused rulers.
I've done a pretty unspectacular run of conquering and vassal feeding. I didn't remember this being possible, but you can apparently fullannex+release Mossi in one war, which is pretty cool.
Here's something funny: Those two yellow provinces are not both Castille. One is Scotland.
I can't see very many nations at all, but economically I'm pretty confident.

ujrw71A.jpg

Now this is without a single point of development in the gold mines....I didn't even prioritize capturing them, which is also why I have inflation under control. Instead I developed Renaissance in Timbuktu and Colonialism in Katsina. Both are Cloth+CoT, so about as good as you'll get in West Africa. Honestly focusing on other income and getting gold as a 'bonus' in this sort of region is so much better.

Ci8uDdj.jpg

Really happy with that. I've been able to afford three manufactories and eleven forts with no issues.

I'll probably post again later in the campaign but I wanted to show off this great start.

My very relaxing sikh Delhi run :

Kandy, Prome and Kalaymyo as marches because didn't want to expand outside of India (except when I had to grab that juicy montain province for building forts). Europe was weird because GB integrated his PU, Castile, while Utrecht ate Denmark and all of Mali.

delhi.png

After quitting EU IV for a long time, I have come back to hunt down some achievements :D
Since 'It's all Greek to me' came out , I had my eyes on it and so here it is!

It%27s_All_Greek_To_Me.png

It was a harsh time against the Ottomans, Mamluks and the Turkic tribes but I managed to get them all separate. At some point a coalition in Europe attacked me during my campaigns in minor Asia. The coalition was made up of Austria, Hungary and some German duchies. I offered peace asap to win the other wars, which were far more important for my future economy. After I won in minor Asia, I quickly ran over European countries by allying strong countries like Milan, Commonwealth and Aragon. Later I ditched CW for Muscovy/Russia.

The Greek Empire under the Kurtikainos Dynasty
6wABZdC.png

The Greek Orthodox Church at its highest peak
0ISko63.png

After I got the Balkans/Anatolia, I was basically Ottomans 2.0 so it wasn't really hard to expand. From then on, it was very relaxing but I put more pressure into campaigning after realizing how much I had to conquer to manage Alexanders borders from a couple of centuries earlier. Also, I had to expand to East Africa to get one of the uncolonized provinces for the achievement.

APAiJd2.png

I gathered the trade in the Constantinople trade node and that was basically my economy for the first two centuries. Later I build tons of factories and production centers which made my income sources more diverse.

iBQezYT.png

And of course, a Greek campaign without anáktisi is not a Greek campaign at all. So I spend a lot of my diplo power into culture conversions. This really benefited me after conquering tons of lands in the east. Rebellions weren't really an issue at some point, even when I went above my AE limit.

Greek Egypt.
Xe69lCG.png

Greek colonists in the Arab peninsula
AmwHuB8.png

Greek colonists once again entering the Afghan, Pakistani and also Indian lands
ht4NOP5.png

The cultural situation at some point
h9VtQDM.png

Athens wasn't a great place to have my capital after redesigning Alexanders borders. So I went looking for a better capital area and I finally decided to have the capital around lake Urmia. It was a perfect mountainous spot and considering the vast amounts of lands I had this came close to the middle point of the empire.

IZIGxof.png

This was an interesting campaign! :D

Note for the developers: After playing Greece, I think that the Greek mission tree should either be the same as the Byzantine mission tree or Greece should get it's own unique mission tree, based on Alexanders ambitions for example. @Groogy

Here's my Kazan -> Golden Horde run. A few first for me: first time plying a Horde, first time achieving WC, one-tag.
Jnl72VC.jpg

The new world:
C83oHgc.jpg

Not much of a strat since Hordes gameplay and WC is mostly mindless blobbing at fast pace: first struck Muscovy when their declared on Novgorod to steal them Moscow and neuter them for the rest of the game, them headed east to Mings and Chinese TC. Then after China: Indochina / Siam and India. Then Africa and Ottomans. Then Europe. Allways pick the weakest opponents to keep wars short and easy, grow faster than the big boys before outnumbering and attacking them, etc. Didn't even bother with a navy before the early 1700s.
More on the reddit post, and the complete journey is on imgur.

Last edited:
Guess why I abandoned this run:

f4etLqK.png

ONxeTtT.png
Is that not normal? The AI is useless at converting, so there is nothing to counteract the centres of reformation. You'll end up abandoning most games on this patch if that's a problem for you, unless you kill the centres as soon as possible.

2E1A077AD9E8B6A566184F8CA1F0912598FB966C

Doing a game as Holland which goes disgustingly well. Burgundian Inheritance, emperorship, Denmark, Muscovy and Portugal/Spain as good as dead. To celebrate, I have decided to "decorate" Britain as it was clearly missing dynamic Dutch names.

Mongolia --> Yuan --> Mongol Empire. I really didn't optimize this, but CCR and razing combined made it straightforward regardless. I barely used the influence/admin annexation stuff. I finished WC ~ 1783 and decided to just speed 5 to 1790 to annex a subject rather than bothering to break truce on it and attack it. This isn't an impressive horde one tag date anyway.

Defensive --> humanist --> espionage --> administrative --> diplomatic --> influence --> quality --> exploration (just to fill out last few empty provinces in Africa and Greenland because nobody wanted that). Lets me avoid hassle of moving capital for TCs.

Nice!

Could you comment on where your capital was during this run? ^^

Starting capital, Beijing (after Yuan), Karakorum (after forming Mongol Empire). Beijing and Karakorum both developed to 50 in age of Rev because you get stupid amounts of points from razing. I actually stopped bothering at the end if I didn't need to reduce OE just to save time, there should really be a sortable raze button on the same screen as exploiting development in the macro builder.

Late-game picture of finances:

I'am lucking for make the Roman Empire. Besides these pu's, I have Hungary with the same Ruler dinasty as i have (Hungary is Leadying PU with Austria), so i just waiting for the right moment to take the thron.

How many time I will to need to integrate all these PU's ?

Ma5KCbC.jpg