• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@TheudoaldTheBurner Giving Iceland to Great Britain may be heresy, but these are nice borders.

Inka Ironman 1.png Inka Ironman Achievments.png

Got the Sungod achievment, but after 4 times "beating" (keeping from winning and taking 200-1000 ducats) GB and they still keep attacking me, I lost interest in this campaign.

Most tedious part was Imperial-CBing Ayuttaja and Ming, so I could quickly land in Japan and occupy their forts, so their sole allie Spain could be forced to part with the falclands. I "love" proxywars :3

20200105074951_1.jpg
I call this Vladimir Putin's Wet Dream:

Zero Mercs all game - yes no Mercs ever - (Mercs are bullshit, so I don't use them), Very Hard.

I controll all Russian Ethnic cores. All Orthodox nations are my vassals.

Ottomans and half of Persia have been replaced with Byzantium and Trabzon. Georgia controls south Caucasus. Serbia was fed almost every single Balkan core.

Savoy is my PU and I almost "unified" Italy by the end of the game.

I own Constantinople (now full of Moscovites), Jerusalem, and Rome.

The Copts have retaken Yemen and Egypt with my help.

France just became Holy Roman Emperor, so WW1 is right around the corner...

England did not want to Ally me throughout the game so they uh got eaten.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Roughly my 3rd or so vanilla game (I think one was with 1.0 or so and another one a few years back...), and the first ever I bothered with Iron Man.
I wasted a bit of time figuring out how institution developing is done best, so unfortunately I ran out of time to kick Super-Spain out of Africa (they actually managed to run out of manpower just now). Well. Frankly they probably should have kicked me out of Butua, but you know how it is with AIs and death marches and landing operations ...
eu4 2020-01-08 19-19-19-31.png
Was kinda fun, but I just can't get over the mana mechanics. They are so ... blergh ^^;

And the ideas. Settler increase as tradition was a must, as well as early core creation reduction. I managed to take both at reasonable size (+10 settler, +10 CCR). I also wanted and managed prod efficiency and some fleet boosts as I expected to defend on sea from colonial powers. And it really does not look so bad as expected, especially with +6 states ambition:

Brings back memories!

It turned out in future runs you can actually just do it with 1 colonist even. Just outsource colonization to the AI and rapidly take it late game with imperialism + humanist. No OE = lots of land at once.

And yeah, there is some time pressure with Navarra. I had a fun time with that run, highlight was declaring an offensive PU war on Aragon to screw Castile out of the Iberian wedding. I got it first try, but IIRC I only had 5-10 years of padding before I'd have run out of time. Closer than expected because of separatism + conversions on high dev provinces taking ages regardless of cost reducers.

A mongol to Yuan to Mongol empire game. Despite getting many of the achievements related to playing a horde, it is a bit of a failure, I think if I moved a bit quicker in a few places this could have been an easy WC.

Attachments

• 20200113140518_1.jpg
    20200113140518_1.jpg
    429,4 KB · Views: 125
And yeah, there is some time pressure with Navarra. I had a fun time with that run, highlight was declaring an offensive PU war on Aragon to screw Castile out of the Iberian wedding. I got it first try, but IIRC I only had 5-10 years of padding before I'd have run out of time. Closer than expected because of separatism + conversions on high dev provinces taking ages regardless of cost reducers.

And because of quite a few high dev provinces, expel minorities is a blessing! porto? Sville? Barcelona? Please leave to new world :p

@szypul
That is silk / cotton road !!

I try to move forward with achievements, so it is time for "For Odin". I noticed I can do conquering Americas as well and for the price of harder start also add amother achievement I don't have.

So I gave up 200 points custom nation, and went 50 points new world instead. And with Norse religion, western tech group making a playable set of ideas is really hard.

Anyway...
View attachment 537186
And the ideas. Settler increase as tradition was a must, as well as early core creation reduction. I managed to take both at reasonable size (+10 settler, +10 CCR). I also wanted and managed prod efficiency and some fleet boosts as I expected to defend on sea from colonial powers. And it really does not look so bad as expected, especially with +6 states ambition:

View attachment 537187

OK, it had its price. And that price was 23 years with 0/0/0 leader with awful traitts. But who cares, if you can choose mighty siberian tribe government!
It has passed ages since I last played siberian tribe (oh, my Khodynt game... loved it), but sincerely, you can start at the cheapest province and earn 150 mana every 4 years and when decide to settle (after settling few vassals :p) instantly develop renessaince. Crazy crazy crazy government for this particular achievement.

And because Norse means no marriages with europeans, obvious path for me is Theocracy, which I often play last weeks/months.
I know it is not so popular because no abdications and so on, but sincerely, its reforms are great and 30% tax modifier as basic reform is more than good (I mean 5+25 from devotion), no problems with stability and so on.
I have read many time, how are you trapped with bad leaders in theocracy. I admit, I had 2 guys who wasted about 50 years, but if we take a closer look on rulers...

View attachment 537188

Philip was the last tribal and the very first priest, so I don't count him. After him I ihad 12 rulers and only 2 were 4 mana or below. At least they had good traits.
If I count well, it is 109/12 = very slighttly above 9 stats per ruler on average. Not so bad I suppose. And you can +1 er each category due to free policies reform.

Because I am lazy I have only Americas, Scandinavia, Britain and Cape + Ivory to get bonus merchants. Too lazy to take more companies :]
And because I had nothing intersting to do while diploannexing Inca (10000 days! ), I decided to spam level8 forts in case someone decides to invide me :)
View attachment 537189
The name of your nation made me smile! I assume that it's a Final Space reference.

Ufff on time, 100 months to absolutism age

View attachment 537497

Establishing strong Navarra is not as hard as I expected.
1) Hope Castille does not ally Aragon
2) Ally Castille and attack Aragon as soon as possible with promise of land to Castille, take Aragon area at least, just to have claims
3) After truce use Castille again to restore union
4) Notice Austria PUd Bohemia :p, ally!!
5) Use Castille again and Austria with promise land on France, take Labaurd area, earn enough favor with Austria
6) After truce restore union on France
7) Rule the world with 3 PUs!

PS use states general to increase chances of inheriting Naples and Aragon

Effect

View attachment 537499

View attachment 537500

I think it is time to release Asturia?
That was one of my last campaigns. I remember misreading the requirements and thinking that I had to do it before 1600, instead of the age of absolutism. I think that I just managed before 1600, but it caused a lot of unnecessary stress. I continued playing to do all of Spain's missions. By the time that I was done I had a PU over France, GB and Bohemia and had revoked. Not much fun to continue after that.

@TheudoaldTheBurner Giving Iceland to Great Britain may be heresy, but these are nice borders.

View attachment 537707 View attachment 537708

Got the Sungod achievment, but after 4 times "beating" (keeping from winning and taking 200-1000 ducats) GB and they still keep attacking me, I lost interest in this campaign.

Most tedious part was Imperial-CBing Ayuttaja and Ming, so I could quickly land in Japan and occupy their forts, so their sole allie Spain could be forced to part with the falclands. I "love" proxywars :3
That's the achievement that I'm going for now. Trying to see if I can do it as Cherokee, because I don't want to embrace all institutions as an American nation twice. It's 1470ish and I down to Panama, so it seems possible.

Currently giving the minty muslim monster a spin, for I have neither the Sultan of Rum nor Parisian Pasha achievements:

eu4_56.png

Dawasir and Georgia are vassals, Crimea is a march. Hormuz is about to be vassalized.

Next planned major war is against Austria, then either PLC or Mamluks (depending on how fast I can wrap up the first war). On the side I plan to feed Hormuz back its cores in Oman and get rid of Shammar, Najd and Haasa.

Holding 7 thrones in 40 years maybe is not unusual, but guess who did the dirty job for me? Yes, Castille.

PS Castille was forced into union later too, my way to say "thank you"

View attachment 539697
Conquer France and you'll have yourself a nice Western Roman Empire already

In honor of Martin Luther King Day...I post:

The African Empire of Ethiopia - every single continental Africa province owned by Ethiopia:

20200120152451_1.jpg

Prester John+ (Jerusalem and Mecca owned as well) achieved. Coptic becoming *THE* religion of the Continent:

20200120152916_1.jpg

(Vanilla, Very Hard)

The only gimmicky things I did during this game were:

1. Peacing out Europeans that REPEATEDLY attacked the #1/#2 Power in the World with War Reparations because they DoW'd me but could never achieve a successful beach-head
2. Ottomans took a Tunis land that was cut off from their territory but adjacent to mine. I used it as a war goal (twice) when Ottomans were *FAR* stronger than me to get long periods of peace as I consolidated Africa.

Oh and Commonblob has a Solomonid (African) King.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Well done. Only thing that would have made it better would have been the lack of snaking up to the Armenian holy sites.

It would have been more satisfying and aesthetic to have put a restored Armenia as a vassal up there.