• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Achievement run.

GWESxZT.jpg

Started as Mamluks, got their achievement, formed Rum, got Paris achievement, propagated religion, also got the 50 innovation achievement (most useless feature by the way, why would one want to invest in monarch points when they're scarce and have discount when they are plentiful?), converted to Coptic for their achievement and finally formed Yemen for their.

The weirdest thing was that Russia had 0 artillery with ~170k infantry and several horses. One other observation was that Castille was absent from colonization, only focusing on Africa.

Achievements: 217/265

So I've taken a layoff from playing for past 5-6 months and just jumped back in after picking up CoC and RB. First game back playing as Mamluks and it appears the game misses me...

jRsVkIG.jpg

Over 2000+ hours in the game and first time to ever get a 666 heir. What a wonderful welcome back gift. :D

So I've taken a layoff from playing for past 5-6 months and just jumped back in after picking up CoC and RB. First game back playing as Mamluks and it appears the game misses me...

jRsVkIG.jpg

Over 2000+ hours in the game and first time to ever get a 666 heir. What a wonderful welcome back gift. :D

And then the hunting accident... oh wait, Mamluks doesn't have heirs anymore.

6/6/6 are around 4 times more common this patch due to a bugfix. ;)

That Prussia! I'm sorry, but I can't comment about your (very nice) Netherlands when Prussia literally conquered half of Europe in AI hands!

I find that Prussia a little hard to believe tbh. AI conquering Poland... plausible. AI coming within 2-3 provinces of forming Germany is a little too much.

We've seen AI Prussia forming Germany (@Kagerou.Echo.三葉 had it iirc), so why not? Especially with player intervention. Netherlands can very well have been their very loyal ally feeding them land for the entirety of the campaign, that makes sense to feed Prussia and make them a BFF if you intentionally do not want to expand outside of Low Countries in Europe. What impresses me is how they blobbed in Scandinavia, too.

Reactions:
I find that Prussia a little hard to believe tbh. AI conquering Poland... plausible. AI coming within 2-3 provinces of forming Germany is a little too much.

Prussia is quite prone to snowballing out of control once their powerbase is secured, especially when the ruler is militarist (quite likely with Prussian Monarchy and their 6 mil rulers). Maybe since their major ally (you) is to their west, they expanded more to the east instead of going after the required provinces for Germany. In my game where AI formed Germany I played Russia so their aggression had no direction to go but west.

Mucking about since I was bored and I get this
eu4_46.png

Did the same thing as I did on my previous run, but without Ironman on since I was bored (and wanted to play past 1821 nice and easy)

(Earlier run is also in this thread, couple pages ahead)

So; I decided to have an Austria game. Occasionally I feel like playing a semi-major and Austria's interesting enough; being HRE police and whatnot. Specifically; I'm subscribeing to the thought in this campaign that since every single nation generates it's own monarch points and events; the optimal long-term play is to let the AI minors develop; then eat them.

Firstly; I finally managed to get Bleed Them Dry. It's something I've always been a little short on.

Secondly; despite me and France pounding Burgundy; no Inheritance. Well; I guess that makes things more interesting.

xiWs7CU.jpg

Player mapmode. I did get Hungary. I was allied to Bohemia and couldn't be asked to PU them when the chance arose; I was busy elsewhere anyway. Not bothered about eating Switzerland. I only took a province off Bavaria because they'd already devved it high between events and manual dev, and I also needed to take it to reduce the warscore of something else from 105% to 77%.

PUcuqhr.jpg

Political mapmode. Now featuring Strongk Denmark; dead Lithuania without it being Muscovy's fault; AQ and Holland on track to actually form Netherlands.

19wwEU0.jpg

But here's what I'm really proud of. It took 2 no-CB's and a war with France; but I've managed to quash all of the Centers of Reformation. At least; unless someone else flips Reformed. And considering Luxembourg and Lorraine have already been forced to Catholic from Reformed by me already...

The aformentioned Bavarian warscore was for forcing them Catholic from Protestant.

Weirdly enough; England and Scandinavia ignored the reformation.

Sadly a few OPM's have managed to stay Protestant; but they don't have CoR's; and I'd probobly have to No CB each one of them individually. Odds are more likly; as heretic OPM's; that they'll get eaten up and converted by someone else. And if the chance arises; I'll convert them myself.

Q0QhgcD.jpg

Alles Erdreich ist Österreich untertan

Look at that Iberia. Castile got the wedding; and then spread my dynasty to Portugal for bonus points. Also; I got the event which put an 14 year old heir on Milan; which prevented the Ambrosian Republic fireing since they never went into Regency/Low Legitimacy. With it only being 1521; there's quite a good chance I could end up with Spain; Portugal and Milan under PU's.

With the Reformation crushed; 41 princes in the Empire [Including Burgundy]; no-one outside the HRE owning land inside the Empire; only 3 Heretics; and 8 Free Cities [Ulm; Luxembourg; Memmingen; Nurenburg; Hamburg; Frankfurt; Bremen and Aachen], it seems like it should only be a matter of time until I turn into the HRE itself; although constant infighting is keeping authority gain somewhat low [0.08]. I don't care if the Reform is slow however; at this point it's near-guaranteed. Especially once I eventually annex Hungary and add their provinces in.

Edit: Oh; and Colonialism hasn't spawned yet.

Last edited:
Just started a Castile run, taking a step away from my Germany fetish, and I get this right off the bat. (Apparently Aragon got the talented&ambitious daughter event too, and his king kicked the bucket almost immediately after.)

Gonna break Portugal to pieces and dominate the new world I guess.
eu4_47.png

So; the Austrian Campaign is going well. Despite me eliminating all of the CoR; random countries kept converting, and ultimately; Bohemia converted in 1570 which triggered the League Wars. I didn't feel like declaring into Russia+France+Ottomans; so I had to wait it out. That also slowed down my Authority; although once the war that Castile's dragged me into for absolutely no reason has ended, I can pass the 6th reform. Reform 7 and 8 should follow rather quickly afterwards, although I'll probobly sit on 7 for a while and use the swarm to eat France and attack Ottomans/Russia.

But now the League Wars have vanished; I've been happily expanding and adding territory to the HRE. I'm actually probobly going to take Admin Ideas 6th so I can go wild. It's probobly too late to WC off this; but I can sure push as far as I can. And worst comes to worst; I have Diplomatic ideas to make Trucebreaks less painful; as well as Age of Revolutions' Unrestricted Conquest and 1 Stab no CB's.

eu6Rdzi.jpg

Oh; but you should probobly look a bit beyond merely 'Austria' to see the true glory of the Grandutchy.

OnxYp0V.jpg

I can integrate England as I please; but I like having their colonial CB's and having them colonizing the New World. That and the current AI actually does naval invasions so their 88k is actually useful. Brabant will probobly be inherited soon. Milan still has a while to go; and I only just got Sweden; who I can happily feed Denmark to.

Also; Habsburg Pride; Europe Wide.

I almost got Castile and Portugal at various times as well; and if it wasn't for Brandenburg popping a baby out at 65; I'd have them too. Brittiany only recently got my dynasty; and I'm looking forward to PU'ing them at some point too.

Also at this point I'm 700 dev ahead of the Ottomans in Great Power placement. I've already won the game; the question is how much I win it by.

Also my tactic of letting as many small nations live as possible is paying off; there's quite a lot of 25+ dev provinces in the HRE.

Last edited:
That's so WCable. You seem to not realize the power of the vassal swarm.