• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello guys I have big problem. I have PU with Bohemia, Aragon and France( First PU with France I lost in mid 16 centur, but I was lucky and again I got after 100 years) . Maybe I will got Sucession war for Netherlands and my dynasty will be in the Congo. Normally in the end of game I going for Economic and Quality ideas. But I thinking about Influence for cheap diplomatic anexation. Should I?.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    415,7 KB · Views: 77
Don't bother going for Economic late, it's usually very useless when you're big. Influence is far superior in your situation.

Playing as a confused Genoa that can't decide if its Genoa or Byzantium when this happens:

mDcpFvU.jpg

The war of religion was an absolute disaster in this game, basically everyone joined the Protestant side which hurt Austria quite a lot. Lithuania is independant.

I posted a Silesia into Commonwealth Emperor a few weeks ago, and it inspired me to play more in the region. Bohemia is a very underrated start for some reason, it is a very enjoyable starting country with the goldmine, the stability and the 6/6/5 ruler. Poland, Austria and later on Ottomans also provide some challenge, so it's not that bad for an European game. I'm surprised it is not played more, it seems to offer a nice balance between an easy start, opportunities and challenge.

Anyway, I played that same campaign over and over.
mAt3NC5.jpg

Well, that's a decent Commonwealth, but I may have taken relaxing a bit too far. Or is it?

nxbHfAf.jpg

Much better. I just made France loyal after enforcing PU on them.

oOwTPzW.jpg

Oh, and I'm the emperor of a very sad HRE. Not that bad after all.

Plot twist, I started as Silesia.
ZmdN3Ma.jpg

It has been an insanely lucky run, Poland rejected the PU on Lithuania and got coalitioned early on after they took too much of the Teutonic Order, and they were even more of a failure than they usually are. They went bankrupt somewhere in the middle of their Peasant War in 1470. I got Emperorship in 1507, I started with diplomatic, Austria did not, and I was allied with Saxony and Brandenburg from day 1 as they were the ones supporting my independance. That made things a bit easier.
Talking about my luck...
pk1VSDI.jpg

Just a shame he's a babbling baffoon. But I can't complain, I'm drowning in monarch points. Over 50 years of rule with thoses stats, during which he scored 2 PUs...

I'm by far the strongest, but there is a bit of a stalemate as of now, because I'm not the popular guy of Europe.
UN0U2mW.jpg

This is quite a scary League War...
6S68oih.jpg

Despite that, the game is pretty much won if my French PU does not troll me by sending their troops in America if I declare on Russia or on the Ottomans. From now on, it's a conquest spree, and I started this campaign to get some rest in the middle of a conquest spree, so I guess I'll stop it here.

Second one, with less luck:
wUS36lR.jpg

And after that, the proper one, which I used to get one of the worst achievements there is, Trustworthy. I did not plan it, but I noticed I had quite a lot of favours from being a good guy and fighting for my allies, because AE was too high and I had money all over the place so I could do it for a change. It turned into an incredible pain, I had to throw guarantees and warnings everywhere to avoid my allies fighting each other over a third party and calling me in. And then League Wars happened. I was allied to Catholic Austrian Emperor, but Saxony and Palatinate who had been my good friends from day 1 decided to lead the Protestant League and they were joined by my other friend Russia, so I could not pick a side. I had to permanently call as many allies as possible into the same war, by paying their debt and helping them with all their troubles, in order to delay the League War while I was finishing my trust with Russia. League War still fired during my last war against Lithuania + Ottomans. I assaulted Constantinople to white peace the Ottos, and was barely able to peace out, to give Russia Lithuanian land to gain favors and to increase trust to 100 before CtA expired. That was... tense.
bJBZDkx.jpg

Friends were Austria-Hungary, Saxony, Palatinate, Teutonic Order and Russia, as one could guess.

After that, it was a matter of reaching Dublin to become the true Bohemian.
rv0Rg4O.jpg

Special mention for the English AI. Not only were all of their troops in the colonies, but their navy has been totally unimpactful and my 11 transports were enough to invade them because they were all sitting in the Channel. Too bad for them that I had taken Orkney from Norway and I came by Scotland...

Last edited:
Trade is a bit irrelevant as Bohemia, even now that I have Lubeck it's a very small part of my income. But I have 20 production in my goldmine (you gotta use Jiri Podebrad stats), great trade goods and I get tons of money from peacedeals. I re invest all of that in buildings, live at 0 maintenance and at 20% maintenance after I wiped the ennemies. I abuse estates to get value from the conquered land even if I increase autonomy (to avoid revolts which are a waste of money). It's all about the small details that snowball in big gains. No forts, obviously, but I protect prosperity, and no need to get high level advisors if you can disinherit your way to 12 MP rulers. In Europe it's really easy to become super rich. There are so few opportunities if you don't no CB out of Europe because it's an AE hell. It makes you expand super slow, but at least you keep your money because there's no point in spending it. The fact I kept my allies means I was even slower in my expansion, so even more unused money.

While we're at it, I'm still getting easy achievements.

I did not expect Disciples of Enlightenment to be that easy. I originally wanted a powerbase, and then a no CB in Philippines to convert all the small new nations, but I remembered there are actually quite a lot of releasable nations around your starting area.
hYHBAJV.jpg

I conquered Champa, then Ayutthaya attacked Khmer and I picked up its remnants, force vassalised and force converted. Ayutthaya attacked Lan Xang, I jumped in too, I forceconverted their allies Hsenwi and Taungu. I took the provinces needed to the 2 OPMs north of them and forceconverted Lan Xang. I converted so that nations would be released as Mahayana, and released 5 vassals. I could have done it faster if I remembered all the releasables, you can actually do it in 2-3 wars and be done in barely 5 years.

6zzreKC.jpg

And then, another quick one. I could have it several years ago, but I integrated my vassals and colonized a bit to make borders nicer. A White Horn, if not golden.
87VD0aa.jpg

Quite the expansion.
vm98r5l.jpg

And since we were talking about my economy... It's all about the gold, really. Don't mind the colonial expenses, I planted colonies to get nicer borders for my final screenshot. Before doing that, I had 1200 ducats, built everything of value, and was making confortable money.
1y7HzHi.jpg

Time for another achievement, I like to see that number rise. I did a good 20 in the last 2 weeks. :D

Inflation is money. Goldmines are more money. By developping my goldmine, I increase my income by 20% immediately, and my inflation by 0,1% yearly (random numbers, but that's the idea). And I use that money to snowball my economy, so they always pay for themselves.

Special mention for the English AI. Not only were all of their troops in the colonies, but their navy has been totally unimpactful and my 11 transports were enough to invade them because they were all sitting in the Channel. Too bad for them that I had taken Orkney from Norway and I came by Scotland...

Hopefully we won't see anymore of this in the next patch with the naval AI and army changes :cool:

Also, really nice Ajuuraan there.

Let's keep on with the quick and easy achievements before next patch.

Hindu Bengal Tiger, because of Shiva and the synergy between Hindu's tolerance of heathens and Bengalese traditions. I waited for Bharat before finishing it.
C12IaZg.jpg

Ming is barely gaining any mandate anymore, I'm half tempted to turn Vajrayana and claim mandate to get perma claims on both India and China. But I need to restrain myself from blobbing...
ww6jhao.jpg

c4jBi5F.jpg

I'm the only one feeling the need to share his games, but whatever.
This one was really enjoyable.
hg0tfIr.jpg

Just in time.
I had to do two trucebreaks, but one of them was to get the Jolofian provinces in Guinea who were not needed and i could probably have avoided the other one if I played better. I also took the time to integrate my vassals, to have this nice looking little blue nation. The colour, the flag, everything is adorable. I have 95 core provinces before 1500 but I can't get more, so no "Big Light Blue Blob" today.

That's not especially hard once you did the initial expansion and can take on anyone alone, but god how hard it is to get to that point. There is a lot of luck involved with the alliances, you can't wait for someone to dishonor, you have to chain wars literally all the time. This is my fifth attempt after several deadlocked ones or mistakes from my part, and several restarts to get good inital setups.

The dynamic of the region was super enjoyable, a lot of action, similar sized nations, different alliance webs every time, very similar to India except it's a lot smaller so a lot faster to unify. I had played as Songhai and Mali before, but playing an OPM in that situation is really super fun.

I'm really tempted to do a real Dahomey run, or to play as another minor there. I killed this one to get the achievement, unfortunately:
rSmRhL0.jpg

I think I've never had that kind of tech, even as an American nation.

Good point is that does not prevent me from being a GP:
1idz37Q.jpg

I honestly think I never expanded that fast and that agressively before, even for the real "Big Blue Blob". It puts things in perspective. I multiplied my country by more than 200 in a mere 50 years. That was... intense. :p

OK, here's my Sun God run that I finished a few weeks ago, so that you don't have to feel lonely :p

eu4_120.png

The campaign was honestly a lot easier than expected, although I suppose that the additional whack-a-rebel that you have to go through is a lot less severe than the Mayan and Nahuatl ways of reforming their religions.

Since I already invaded Europe as an American nation in my First Come/Ideas Guy/For Odin run and will do so again when I attempt the Sunset Invasion at some point, I tried and succeeded to go through the game without ever declaring directly against a European nation - the only wars directly against the colonizers were an early wardec by England shortly after I reformed off of them, and a punitive war in which Castille called in France, Portugal, and the Netherlands.
eu4 inca punitive.png

I used that one to secure a few isolated provinces from Portugal and Castille - otherwise, I managed to make sure that all colonies went to a CN at some point.

Otherwise, I just went westwards for a bit, although I was pretty lazy and didn't attack the Ming until (iirc) almost 1700. I suppose that going eastwards around the Cape would have been more powerful, but it's not like money is ever an issue for a reformed Incan nation. :D

This one was really enjoyable.
hg0tfIr.jpg

Just in time.
I had to do two trucebreaks, but one of them was to get the Jolofian provinces in Guinea who were not needed and i could probably have avoided the other one if I played better. I also took the time to integrate my vassals, to have this nice looking little blue nation. The colour, the flag, everything is adorable. I have 95 core provinces before 1500 but I can't get more, so no "Big Light Blue Blob" today.

That's not especially hard once you did the initial expansion and can take on anyone alone, but god how hard it is to get to that point. There is a lot of luck involved with the alliances, you can't wait for someone to dishonor, you have to chain wars literally all the time. This is my fifth attempt after several deadlocked ones or mistakes from my part, and several restarts to get good inital setups.

The dynamic of the region was super enjoyable, a lot of action, similar sized nations, different alliance webs every time, very similar to India except it's a lot smaller so a lot faster to unify. I had played as Songhai and Mali before, but playing an OPM in that situation is really super fun.

I'm really tempted to do a real Dahomey run, or to play as another minor there. I killed this one to get the achievement, unfortunately:
rSmRhL0.jpg

I think I've never had that kind of tech, even as an American nation.

Good point is that does not prevent me from being a GP:
1idz37Q.jpg

I honestly think I never expanded that fast and that agressively before, even for the real "Big Blue Blob". It puts things in perspective. I multiplied my country by more than 200 in a mere 50 years. That was... intense. :p
Tips? I mean, you are kinda in a pickle with this one