• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dominium Maris Baltici.
It ended up looking more bordergorish than I expected. Entire playthrough was for two Swedish achievements, but certain events made me consider going for two more achievements.
MPC2ZMN.jpg

New World is mine, rest is a visual definition of absolutely-nothing-interesting.
bxxawpy.jpg
All 7 allies have 100 trust with me. I've really grown to hate them over the course of the playthrough, as these bastards kept declaring on each other forcing me to lose trust with one of the sides. I wish I warned them all earlier than I did.
4nc1XBA.jpg
Protestants triumph!
mB9u4DF.jpg
Why can't I hold all these princes.
DICr7Rb.jpg

wcDHIBf.jpg

Better contrast
lEeftSe.jpg
This list most likely doesn't contain some of the flags that can be seen on screenshots. Rest should be accurate. Last patch I managed to make In Heaven Graphics work is 1.15.
hLRbcSa.jpg

Endscreen.
Paradox should really drop the OE number from it and replace it with development. Development for Scandinavia is a humble number of 1371.
5iqMwDs.jpg

The Greyskin I never settled for.
uCUxetO.jpg

nyjTDDs.jpg

Again, would be cool to see development here instead of some irrelevant values. Greyskin development is 6127. Nothing too special either.

Is it possible to make that map mod work on current patch?

Is it possible to make that map mod work on current patch?
It probably is for anyone who has any clue about modding eu4 graphics, but definitely not for me.

Did you create those EU4 ''superstates'' in ironman mode? If so, I really admire your ability to achieve ''clean map''.

Also how did you add your Russian subjects to the holy roman empire, how did they become princes?
I conquered or diploannexted the land, added it to the empire and later released nations or returned cores. I believe that is the only way, so even though it's painfully costly, I had to go with it.

As for other stuff, yeah. Ironman mode. I start playing with an approximate picture of what I intend to achieve in the end and keep an eye on things just in case I have to prevent things from going wrong. I invest a ton of effort into achieving this only for sake of pretty screenshots. I guess that's just my hobby. To be honest it's more tedious than hard.

"The Etruscans Strike Back", Firenze->Tuscany->Italy->Rome. Nothing too great, but it did get me 8 achievements:
Grand Duchy, Italian Ambition, A Protected Market, This Revolution was Crushed, All Your Trade Are Belong to Us, A Decent Reserve, Just A Little Patience, Mare Nostrum

2m4FlLF.jpg

There was a lot of suboptimal play involved. I was hoping to get an electorate to stay inside the HRE, was already too big (but too small to expand outside Italy at the time) when the Catholic Empire happened, managed to PU an electorate OPM, basically lost too much time. It wasn't like I got anywhere near forming the HRE, teaches me to never settle for greyskin. I also wasted 10 years trying to Crush This Revolution happening in the half of France I had yet to annex at 1800 so that I never had to worry about that achievement again, and only ever got to take Crimea after that.

Managed to turn into a kingdom by forming Tuscany with a Medici on the throne. I then lost them around the 1700s in a series of complicated events where the Maghrebi&Iberian lands of Portugal were one province larger than 100% OE, so I took all of that and almost all of European Spain which roughly gave me 280% OE. See, I was about to have a civil war and assumed that would stop separatists from spawning, letting me go through the 2 year coring phase with relative ease. My heir got the throne that month. So, Greece managed to spawn because I missed Rhodes' occupation until 4 months before they won and my entire navy was in Londinium (kind of weird how they get wholesale independence when they only held to an island), I exported swathes of South Slavic rebels into Ottomania, and I ended up capitulating to a revolution. I tried to go for the Bureaucratic Despotism route; the 10 times reelected genius died 2 months before that happened and left me with a 1-4-1. His heir was a 3-2-0. Around the 1790s however, through a marriage to Poland whom I had infected back when we were friends, a De Medici finally reassumed the throne and recreated Rome. They also rule Russia. I do wonder what that apostrophe in De ' Medici is from though. Is that a bug or Medieval Italian?

All the histories aside, I imagine if this was attempted by a player more skilled than I (not a hard thing to be), they could have easily achieved the borders I dreamt of.

wZUx4lD.jpg

I also had fun using a dictionary and the Latin Vicipaedia trying to figure out names for all my armies.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Eighteen heirs of Genghis, eighty-seven princes, seven electors.

One horde to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.

fVd4Jy4.png

Kazan conquers the world again, this time with 100% more corruption.

If you are interested in how this was done, the AAR link is in my signature.

Reactions:
My France -> Revolutionary France -> Holy Roman Empire WC in 1.16, I failed One Faith =(

1464693485-eu4-64.png
1464693488-eu4-65.png
1464693494-eu4-67.png
1464693516-eu4-51.png

And before the last reform :

1464693726-eu4-25.png

Burgundian Inheritance happened in 1448, I became Emperor in 1455 with a PU over Austria. Privilegia revoked in 1581. PU over Bohemia in 1490 and over Portugal in 1628.
If you want, I made a timelapse here, thanks to Mare Nostrum DLC :

Reactions:
I do wonder what that apostrophe in De ' Medici is from though. Is that a bug or Medieval Italian?
It's not a bug: the full wording would be "dei Medici", meaning "of the Medici family", but the final "i" tends to be cut out.

Reactions:
I wish the colour of our CN adjusted to the colour of the country.

Reactions:
Finally managed Krabater:

EA948E1C90A0D1FCD2494BC1FF908F58F8839F1C

Started as Ragusa, made some incredibly opportunistic DoWs on Ottomans and Hungary in particular - never went to war with Austria, and in fact they're one of my allies along with Lithuania (who actually rivaled Poland) and Spain. Lost a couple of wars (including ceding Dubrovnik province to Venice) along the way, but I'm pleased with the way and time I managed to do it in. Could be a good run from this point as well - decent base to build on, especially with super buffed Dubrovnik + Constantinople.

Reactions:
Poland in Sweden. Reverse deluge, eh?
Poland went full retard this game - refused the free PU with Lithuania, converted to protestantism, expanded into Denmark and Scandinavia... and as final act of idiocy, it (being one of my 100 trust allies along with Spain, GB, Portugal and Lithuania) picked a war with Lithuania and GB, the result of which was Poland becoming New Sweden (BTW Old Sweden lives yet in Gotland).

I wasn't going to post this one yet, until I saw that Norway was the first colonizer into North America, and I was just like, "That can't be very common."

k2X1mc8.jpg

I'm doing fairly well for myself, if I do say so myself. Colonizing takes a long time, though.

FrYCztW.jpg

I'll report back after I'm hopefully not killed by Europe.

Reactions:
I wasn't going to post this one yet, until I saw that Norway was the first colonizer into North America, and I was just like, "That can't be very common."

k2X1mc8.jpg

I'm doing fairly well for myself, if I do say so myself. Colonizing takes a long time, though.

FrYCztW.jpg

I'll report back after I'm hopefully not killed by Europe.
Ooooh Nice. the Haida counquering alaska....
Methinks I may try it.
Hopefully your Europe doesn't look like this...

These are the moments I play EU4 for:
kdARjmz.jpg

Elizabeth I, Holy Roman Emperor, Queen of the United Kingdoms of Scotland, England and France.
ckaL86B.jpg

This has been a great run. Usually I have to Conquer Everything.This time I PU'ed France and Scotland. Now, I think - where next?

Spain Apparently.
F9oa7WI.jpg

Hmmm. Time to support Loyalists.
Ah well. Spain can Manage itself. Now for that reform...

Reactions:
I finally got the Big Blue Blob achievement :D

I've spent the last 50 ingame hours to get it so I'm thrilled that I finally have it. Had less than a month left so everything fell into place just in time!

4C36CFD5761ED61EDAAD6173D438122DFD1D6AE9

Oh wauw what strategy? Please tell me..

A few recent achievement runs...

Uncommonwealth:
uncommonwealth.jpg

African Power:
kongo.jpg

and multiachievement Austria run (Pen is mightier, Electable, Grand duchy, Trustworthy):
austria.jpg

Find France - it lives! And Poland is glorious.
Sweden is exiled to Gotland?Or it`s just another part of France?
P.S.:The way you did with Ukraine is UNGODLY.The majority belongs to Lithuania...when Lwow and Crimea are parts of Austria.