• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
From here...

PkmzVYQ.png

To here...

15ak9TR.png

From the Peacock Throne, the house of Valois rules the civilized world.

O55S9j7.png

And the civilized world is very Catholic:

9aqDweK.png

Our illustrious rulers, including the best ruler roll I will probably ever get in this game (effectively 6/6/5, but regency penalty)
wz1csAb.png

The dominions of the Mughals:
4Sa9iE8.png

Please add a minimize event button Paradox:

a64s8rg.png

The decision that made it all possible, allowing most of Europe to be cored at 1 ADM/dev lategame. Except for accursed Czech cores:
L45vOaS.png

Last edited:
Reactions:
My East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere, Started as Ouchi

a0zT1Mq.jpg

Easter Island is ours, we don't know how to get to it though :p

End Screen
0CBjA1U.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
Sons of Carthage, Even Better than Piet Heyn, and Barbarossa:

2016_02_28_00003.jpg

This game was made awesome by the fact that I was up against the largest Spain that I have ever seen. Aragon, Castile, and Burgundy all ganged up on France and Austria very early, so France was annexed by 1506. Spain then got the Iberian Wedding, and at one point held land all the way to the English Channel. I didn't pick very offensive idea groups, so my troops weren't much of a match for them. Thus, I did the only thing I could do - I went in the complete opposite direction.

This was also a very casual game, which I felt helped to keep it interesting. I only ever took land in Africa that I had claims on, so I never even amassed enough AE to spawn a coalition. Allied the Ottomans very early, but they turned out to be useless. In the mid game they failed to protect us from Spain due to being more than 9000 ducats in debt, and in the late game, due to not taking any military ideas, their armies couldn't do anything. A paper tiger, but they were a nice buffer state. That Commonwealth continued to be a problem right up until the end of the game... 300k soldiers and great military bonuses meant that even I struggled to fight them on their own turf.

So anyway, here's what Europe looks like apparently when Austria and France are removed extremely early:

2016_02_28_00002.jpg

I had nothing to do with most of it. Pope conquered Austria, Burgundy used to be much bigger but was reduced to only the land around their historical capital, and Liege... don't know what to say about Liege. Hesse used to be much bigger as well, but they had just lost two imperialist wars against Commonwealth and Scandinavia right before the end. Oh, and Ragusa is the Emperor, because why not.

Annnd some expansion gifs:

eu4_map_TUN_1444_11_11_1.gif

eu4_map_TUN_1444_11_11_2.gif

Reactions:
3CnaHQC.jpg

Ursa Major Redux--the bear rises once more.

ahv9Dpn.jpg[

NI7L7ZU.jpg

Kvdz9zm.jpg

One-tagging in 1.15.1 with a non-RCC tag is an exercise in boredom, seeing as even were you blessed with consecutive god kings you'd still spend more time at speed 5 twiddling your thumbs because it's just too expensive to core land, overseas or not. Cue an even greater reliance on vassal integrations. I got "lucky" with a PU over France too, which proved to be of questionable value. I say that because while in theory it was great not having to conquer them--and with negative LD they certainly weren't going to turn on me--they really didn't care for my feeding imperial princes to my vassals. It's been a long time since I've had any PUs of note, but I can't recall them getting this upset about conquests before. PU subjects getting more upset about nearby conquests than allies seems somewhat... strange. They were up to around 160 AE at one point, and frankly it'd have been lfaster to just ditch the PU and feed them to my vassals rather than wait for that to tick down enough to allow for annexation.

weWhafs.jpg

Early expansion. Lübeck and the British Isles next.

j1QIWCq.jpg

The magic button.

v0rpgGU.jpg

90+ AT and a few hundred sword mana and you're practically guaranteed some damn good generals.

D8xP4oh.jpg

Wanted: Rivals.

cQ6BxMW.jpg

Not something you see every day. Granted, a 97 dev Tuscany is hardly a jackpot, but free dev is free dev.

qM1HSqS.jpg

Q9Utg0U.jpg

Just cruisin' from here on.

AMgTAOX.jpg

No inflation from that, amusingly.

z0CX5TV.jpg

Late game integrations with high dip rep drain bird mana at an alarming rate. Always good to crunch the numbers ahead of time.

I poked around in the AAR section, but there didn't seem to be too much interest, so I'll probably save myself the time. I'd imagine that the first 50-100 years are what'd interest people anyway, since what comes after that is bound to be pretty much the same regardless of tag--the only difference is in how fast your NIs and monarchs allow you to go since you'll be primarily constrained by your mana.
My jaw dropped to the floor.
And that was before I saw Riga into Mughals in one page.

Reactions:
From here...

PkmzVYQ.png

To here...

15ak9TR.png

From the Peacock Throne, the house of Valois rules the civilized world.

O55S9j7.png

And the civilized world is very Catholic:

9aqDweK.png

Our illustrious rulers, including the best ruler roll I will probably ever get in this game (effectively 6/6/5, but regency penalty)
wz1csAb.png

The dominions of the Mughals:
4Sa9iE8.png

Please add a minimize event button Paradox:

a64s8rg.png

The decision that made it all possible, allowing most of Europe to be cored at 1 ADM/dev lategame. Except for accursed Czech cores:
L45vOaS.png

A Catholic Mughals is fine too. Poor Riga though.

I sense some Uzbekian culture shifting shenanigans. How long till Paradox nerf that, I wonder.

I sense some Uzbekian culture shifting shenanigans. How long till Paradox nerf that, I wonder.

Next patch. The states system will reduce the incentive, since you're not going to get cheaper cores by moving your capital the same way. You can still form Mughals for NIs anyway, but you could also form Italy for NIs.

Well, here goes nothing! My Burgundian Conquest achievement run.

Here be the Burgundians, their dependants and their allies (not visible, the Burgundian Maldives and a PU'd Aragon).
2016-02-28_00001_zpsykqzywcr.jpg

2016-02-28_00002_zpsiegsve3h.jpg

2016-02-28_00003_zpspqhb48xj.jpg

2016-02-28_00005_zpszwyz1vf2.jpg

2016-02-28_00004_zpsyri4tjmq.jpg

Political map of the world. All things considered, the AI kept the borders pretty almost everywhere. :)
2016-02-28_00006_zpskgrfpure.jpg

2016-02-28_00007_zps61bgcu25.jpg

Some various assorted minimaps (Political, Religious and Diplomatic).
eu4_map_BUR_1820_12_31_1_zpsgbqt5hox.png

eu4_map_BUR_1820_12_31_2_zpsuqn6msx5.png

eu4_map_BUR_1820_12_31_3_zpsht3pt72g.png

The Endgame Screen.
2016-02-28_00008_zpsx6lmdday.jpg

The "Survivalist" Trophy

- Venice: still kicking in Cyprus and Crete, Ottomans had the mission to conquer Crete for the whole second part of the game, never acted on it.
- Aragon: alive in Malta, it was so minor I hadn't even realized I had PU'd them at first!
- Ryukyu: is still Ryukyu.
- Quito: still alive as an OPM next to Colombia, still an Andean Inti too...
- Caddo, Pawnee and Aztecs: left untouched while surrounded by powerful colonial nations, but christianized and westernized.

The "making-the-most-of-what-you-have" Trophy

- Norway can into Scandinavia! :D They had the whole damn thing before I started feeding Denmark her cores back.
- Yarkand went from "Chagatai 2.0: the worsening" to "Mongol Empire strikes back". Of course they benefited from being allied to the Ottomans almost the whole game, but they actually more than pulled their own weight while expanding.
- Hungary! They fought the Ottomans a grand total of once in the entire game. The Ottos utterly obliterated them, taking most of their southern territories and leaving the rest completely crippled. Frankly I thought them done for, should have know better. The defeat left them so scared they seemingly engaged "Operation Escape Kebab", which involved them aggressively pushing into Poland and the HRE till they eventually reached the Baltic! They were even bigger than they look now before I started eroding their borders through Lithuania, Austria and Denmark.

The Loser Bracket (AKA "how-the-mighty-have-fallen" Trophy)

- Sweden: turns out entering a succession war against Muscovy for control of Lithuania was a bad idea. Norway picked heavily on the corpse...
- Muscovy/Russia: killed by westernization attempt and a string of terrible rulers stunting the nation, which caused them to be 6 tech levels behind its Eastern tech neighbours while only have TWO ideas unlocked (not goups, actual ideas) by mid 16th century. Lithuanian liberty desire causing constant rebellions (helped by the Ottomans first and Persia second) made the rest, as well as rapacious neighbours. In death, Sweden had the last laugh...
- Austria: death by Legue war (I sat it out, so it was all AI). Actually stopped existing as an independent nation for quite a while, till Hungary forced Saxony to released them as an OPM in Lienz. I subsequently vassalized them and fed them back up.

The "I-might-as-well" Trophy

- Korea taking Exploration and beginning colonization of Siberia... in 1808. :rolleyes:

Reactions:
^ Wow, the world map is basically all blobs!
Yep! But all the blobs blobbed equally (more or less), it was a pretty nice and balanced game...
Though the fact that I'm a pretty timid expander might have something to do with it, I didn't really alter the various balances of power through aggressive conquest... :)

A Catholic Mughals is fine too. Poor Riga though.

yep - original plan was to vassalize someone along black sea / balkans area, move capital to Adana, then spread Persian (Persians are eligible for Mughal formation decision, but not the Persia tag).

Ottomans were too strong and didn't see any good alternatives that didn't involve no-CBing so had to go the land route - its a bit painful coring bit by bit through hordelands, probably took 30 years to core from Bashkortostan to Persian gulf.

Next patch. The states system will reduce the incentive, since you're not going to get cheaper cores by moving your capital the same way. You can still form Mughals for NIs anyway, but you could also form Italy for NIs.
Due to +3 tolerance of heathens + strong claims over India (which I think despite Italy's per province richness is still significantly more dev), I still think Mughals remains a cut above Italy in terms of set power, but yeah, being able to overseas core both continents is definitely one of the stronger aspects of Mughals.

On a side note, I've been finding myself more and more dissatisfied with lategame administrative efficiency mechanics. It just seems that all the ruler variance becomes pooled into the last 70-100 years.

When I was doing a Byz one-tag attempt pre overseas coring nerf, I did not feel constrained by my monarch MP, it was more my gameplay decisions that were poor (not going above 100% OE for Asia, etc.). But now monarch point constraints are real, even with an RCC tag.

Last edited:
Due to +3 tolerance of heathens + strong claims over India (which I think despite Italy's per province richness is still significantly more dev), I still think Mughals remains a cut above Italy in terms of set power, but yeah, being able to overseas core both continents is definitely one of the stronger aspects of Mughals.

I believe Mughal set is stronger too of course, but maybe not "worth the delay and culture conversion line" levels of stronger. It's true that being able to ignore religious problems is really nice though. Mughals as Islamic, Catholic, or even Hindu has either enough tolerance or enough conversion power that thanks to the 35% unity you'll never be too strapped. That said, in practice this is only a marginal difference in rebels if using deus vult.

It's a bit unfortunate that these are the only two formables that are particularly helpful from an NI standpoint for heavy conquest. It's a bit of a shame Africa doesn't have any decent formables. Berber ideas (yuck) and like ADM 27ish into Sokoto are about it, unless you spread culture there. Rough times.

@Path

As for AAR you should maybe go for Mesoamerican WC or Colonial Nations WC, since no one, at least officially, have done that. And if you plan to do that you should announce it on main forum and not in AAR section. Or you can try it with Mutapa, Inca...

@ikkiks has done WC with NA Natives, @atwix is doing it with Naxos, and those AARs were/are incredibly popular.

Same would happen if you have written AAR for your Ceylon, Ryukyu, Trebizond, Ibadi or Perm WC, because you don't see such things every day if ever and because of your play style.

Scope of early conquest with those tags was never seen in this community and at least for me personally it would be interesting to see how you play.

I mean you have beaten Ottomans with Ceylon in 1525 :eek: and those things you do with ships. I have seen on your screenshots from different campaigns that you never neglect trade or ships in general, unlike majority of other players.

And what is even worst is the fact that is all legit. :)

@Path a mesoamerican wc aar would indeed be nice. I was contemplating to do it before I started my Naxos AAR, but I am still angry at the way they treated American Natives in the last patches..

As for AAR you should maybe go for Mesoamerican WC or Colonial Nations WC, since no one, at least officially, have done that.

Ikkiks did an AAR with a NA tribe on this forum where he got WC. Not 1-tag, but WC all the same.

Using a native with the major westernization + tech catch up delay barrier would be *markedly* more impressive than using a European-formed colonial nation, the latter being easier than some of the stuff Path has already done (Ryukyu 1-tag, Ceylon 1-tag, etc) while the former is basically starting you later in the game with a weak religion.

@TheMeInTeam @Path Sure WC with Colonial Nations is much easier then Ceylon, which i believe is his most impressive achievement by far since he has done it while staying buddhist (constantly suffering from -10 discipline penalty).

I have suggested Mesoamericans or CN since we didn't have WC with these tags. Or maybe he could choose something different, for example Dai Viet, Taungu or Inca.

Last edited:
@TheMeInTeam @Path Sure WC with Colonial Nations is much easier then Ceylon, which i believe is his most impressive achievement by far since he has done it while staying buddhist (constantly suffering from -10 discipline penalty).

I have suggested Mesoamericans or CN since we didn't have WC with these tags. Or maybe he could choose something different, for example Dai Viet, Taungu or Inca.

I think it would be interesting but would prefer him to play whatever the heck he feels like playing :p.

Most interesting to me would be detailed early game steps and reasoning, as these are the things that could project into other players' games/be learned. I still can't match his early game progress with weak tags and it would be nice to get a clearer picture where I'm going wrong.

Reactions: