• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wait, I thought for One Faith you needed to colonize all non-wasteland provinces? Is that not the case?
No it's not needed.
On steam the description of the achievement say this: "Have all non-wasteland land provinces in the world be of your religion"

In my game i could have done a "full" one faith pretty easily because america was really colonized fast, but sometimes it's not the case and it could make the achievement a bit random in my opinion.

Reactions:
Starting as England, my first (and maybe last^^) WC.
Here, around 1810 when I got it :
eu4_map_GBR_1815_09_04_2.png

With vassals and all :
eu4_map_GBR_1815_09_04_1.png

This is how it looks ingame : (Carib, Ming, Korea and Kongo being the only protectorates)
WC_England.png

And finally in 1820, after uniting the HRE under my rule :
eu4_4.png

I earned like 15 achievements during this gameplay. My only regret was not having "a decent reserve" : I had a maximum manpower of more than 1 million, but not enough time to reach an actual manpower of a million.

Reactions:
View attachment 160077
With vassals and all :
View attachment 160079

This is how it looks ingame : (Carib, Ming, Korea and Kongo being the only protectorates)
View attachment 160085
View attachment 160084

I earned like 15 achievements during this gameplay. My only regret was not having "a decent reserve" : I had a maximum manpower of more than 1 million, but not enough time to reach an actual manpower of a million.
How the hell did you vassalize such huge empires like Russia and Ming?

No, Riga! :(

Oh how un-true that turned out to be :D

Ugh, I actually said that at some point, didn't I? After that Sweden game when AoW came out. EU IV turns us all into masochists :p

View attachment 160077
With vassals and all :
View attachment 160079

View attachment 160085
View attachment 160084

"Imperial Europe." I smiled.

iuKehC1.jpg

HvNHgz4.jpg

This'll no doubt end up being my longest running game to date, seeing as the end's nowhere in sight. Playing a tag that hasn't been blessed by the powers that be hurts these days, so admin efficiency 3 is probably more of a requirement now than the superfluous luxury it used to be. Grant land is a great feature, though.

P.S. I want my PP back.

Reactions:

Ugh, I actually said that at some point, didn't I? After that Sweden game when AoW came out. EU IV turns us all into masochists :p

"Imperial Europe." I smiled.

iuKehC1.jpg

HvNHgz4.jpg

This'll no doubt end up being my longest running game to date, seeing as the end's nowhere in sight. Playing a tag that hasn't been blessed by the powers that be hurts these days, so admin efficiency 3 is probably more of a requirement now than the superfluous luxury it used to be. Grant land is a great feature, though.

P.S. I want my PP back.
That is nice for 1613

The allure of being able to overseas core both Europe and Asia is too strong...

It's been a while since I played a true power pick in terms of idea sets, RCC and +3 tolerance heathens is just insane and having 18 month core cycles is just silly. Sadly due to bad diplo configuration (Austria rivaled by Ottomans / France / Spain + England as Protestant league leader), Protestants won league war so no Hofgericht for me :(

How the hell did you vassalize such huge empires like Russia and Ming?

Russia could be a pu or he just sized them down to be a vassal and then push for colonization as the rich provinces of russia are owned by himself.
You've got it : huge parts of Russia had been taken by Ming, Manchu and Bakhara (or a name like that), I fed the western part to my HRE vassals. Once it was small enough, I force vassalized them and then got their eastern territories back through a few wars.
As for Ming, they were my protectorate, not my vassal (though it took me some wars to get to that 100% warscore before the call for peace triggered)

The allure of being able to overseas core both Europe and Asia is too strong...

It's been a while since I played a true power pick in terms of idea sets, RCC and +3 tolerance heathens is just insane and having 18 month core cycles is just silly. Sadly due to bad diplo configuration (Austria rivaled by Ottomans / France / Spain + England as Protestant league leader), Protestants won league war so no Hofgericht for me :(

I had much the same experience in my Oman > Mughals Ibadi run--god tier ideas make for a completely different game. I promised myself I'd do my next WC without cheesy NIs, though, but the flesh is ever weak.

Reactions:
2Wsw96O.jpg

Went for Academical achievement. Got also City of Cities and All your trade are belong to us. Interesting how Sardinia-Piedmont and Hannover formed by themselves, without any help. Also, removing Kebab is always fun.

Reactions:
It took me a few restarts until Genoa rivaled Byzantium. I got their support for independence, declared war on Byz and started improving relations with Austria and Hungary. Staying catholic helped me with royal marriages and I managed to fully annex Byz also thanks to Ottos declaring on them and helping me siege Constantinople. I allied both Austria and Hungary and then declared on Venice. I grabbed Crete and Dalmatia iirc. In order to fabricate on both Mamluks and Bosnia/Serbia. I conquered the Balkans while Ottos were scared by Austria Emperor, I got into Egypt as soon as they attacked Mamluks and stopped them from blobbing out of control. Athens has Lombard culture, so I took huge profit from expanding into Italy. By the time Austria turned hostile because of Venice, I already got Poland and Lithuania as allies. Ottos never declared on me directly. I battled them twice during Tlemcen-Aragon wars (iirc) and grabbed the chance to declare on Ragusa for the juicy Trade Center. I went for Defensive first, then Religious when I started conquering North Africa and Trade.

Reactions:
Back to the Piast as Silesia 1.15
Lucky start - Bohemia got declared on very early and Silesia was released as part of the deal. I then became best friends with Poland (into Commonwealth). Austria never liked me at all. Picked up Hungary as a vassal after it lost a few unwise wars, then PLC and I beat up the Ottomans and Austria, with later help from Brandenburg.
So this was the situation in 1737:

0735BE1FEF3847D4833E1015BAF744E6780CFB33

The purple blobs in Switzerland and Syria are my client states.

Five wars later, the PLC is no more:

2E890AA0C7870EDEFCBDCBFE06D73F326BBD2DCB

Muscovy is my vassal - helped a lot to grab a lot of the PLC land, as it was a return cores CB. Sorry about the client state borders, went a bit Jackson Pollock there.
Other things of interest - France was ruined by Spain and Austria, not me. Vijayanagar did an almost historical India, again nothing to do with me. Leinster stopped GB forming and Scandinavia colonised east!
No point showing the Poland screenshot, it is the same as above, but pink instead of green. Somewhat disappointingly, the leaderboards stopped updating the run after 1477, otherwise it would have been the second best recorded as Silesia...

And finally, I could have got into an amusing succession war with my eastern client state Alleppilesia (+200 relation and negative 300% liberty desire) over Lubeck. I didn't know that was possible with vassals:

E7EF3997A11A79217CA5E82DF148FD77083BB5E2

Reactions:
The Italian Empire:

ijUNvne.png

Originally I wanted a nice, chilled game with Italy, just unite the peninsula and kick the vile Austrians and Spanish and maybe French out. France luckily never expanded into Italy, but instead got a PU over Scotland which was at that point already basically Great Britian. Formed Italy in 1560 or so. Sicily is sadly still independent because they immediately allied France after rebelling out of Spain. -10 to diplo vasslizing, I could push it to -4 with Dip Rep advisor and the papal action that gives +1 DR.

But oh well, after I kicked the Austrians out of Italy the Adriatic lay open for the taking ... and so I took it. And then Albania was released when the Poles beat up the Turks ... so I took them. And then the Ottomans was weak ... and so I took northern Greece. And the Spanish kept pestering me ... so I took their trade centres on their eastern coast. And then I could claim the throne of Portugal ... and so I did. And then the Turks were still kind of weak ... and so I took the rest of Greece, the Nile Delta and Tunis.

PjFHL1o.png

And then I got another uncontested PU over Spain. Which makes me feel kind of bad about beating them up because their big colonies are gone. But maybe I can start an attack on India in the lategame.

I also kept my Tuscan ideas because I despise the Italian ideas, and my troops are almost goosestepping which is nice.

Reactions: