• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Reactions:
Very tall Kingdom of Romania formed by Wallachia. I already got my Dracula's Revenge so this was just for fun. Wallachia start has gotten tons harder with a much stronger Hungary that will always ally Austria at the start alongside a Bosnian+Serbian alliance, which pretty much kills any chance of early expansion. I spent a lot of time in Speed 5 waiting for opportunities. Had Poland->Commonwealth as my initial safety alliance and didn't take any territory until about 100 years in when they got involved in a war against Austria+Hungary that they were winning so I dogpiled onto Hungary to capture a few provinces. Swapped alliance to Russia when I started seeing the writing on the wall for the Commonwealth after Brandenburg with Ottoman support won the League war. Russia was a bit of a paper tiger though so I eventually shifted my alliance to Brandenburg and was able to seize some Commonwealth provinces. Funnily enough, Brandenburg and Ottomans never became rivals, thus Brandenburg wouldn't attack the Ottomans even with favors, so a war against Kilwa was necessary, an Ottoman ally. :rolleyes: As you can see I had an average of 24 development per province. :p

IALBCNB.png

Oh yes, I also made good use of the Espionage ideas. With no way to Westernize or expand early on, I just let my tech falter a bit for the free MP to put towards development instead through the use of Study Technology.
Nice man, very nice. A game that actually looks believable.

How do you find development ? Is it overpowered or you just focused too much on it ?

How are other places, are those places close to something believable in terms of development ?

Nice man, very nice. A game that actually looks believable.

How do you find development ? Is it overpowered or you just focused too much on it ?

How are other places, are those places close to something believable in terms of development ?

You can tell by the pics below how things looked for quite a while since my most developed provinces match up to a screenshot taken around 1700. :p Everywhere else was pretty reasonable. I think Paris was the most developed at 52 with Roma at 51 and Napoli at 50. What I had hoped to do was try to get just the provinces needed for Romania relatively early and just play tall but the Ottomans held on to Jannisaries forever and being so small I wasn't able to pull in a double team of Austria & PLC early to stomp them due to the "Already has a powerful ally" relation malus. I wouldn't really call development overpowered by a long shot. The final 75-100 years I did go a bit overboard on development and lagged admin and diplomatic tech pretty bad trying to get all my provinces up to at least 10 BT and 10 production. I had forted up pretty ridiculous too so that if the Ottomans ever attacked they would have to siege all 8 provinces I owned. :p Which was also what was good about going tall like that, with Aristocratic and Wallachian NI, my HCC was through the roof.

ZdAQDMq.png

1R1wBlZ.png

Update on my Italian iron man game. After all but destroying the Ottomans, I set my sights to North Africa to gain control over the trade nodes, and eventually ducked into southern Spain. Almost recreated the Roman Empire at it's height! My best game yet.
italian.jpg

Reactions:
Ironman attempt at the Roman Empire at its greatest extent (plus a little extra)!

Crimea, Astrakhan and Gazikumukh are my vassals. I tried to keep my borders clean, but that bump on my border with Poland annoys me.

2016-02-10_00008.jpg

2016-02-10_00011.jpg

2016-02-10_00010.jpg

Time lapse screenshots beneath:

2016-02-10_00012.jpg

2016-02-01_00001.jpg

2016-02-02_00001.jpg

Westernized between 1513 and 1528.
2016-02-02_00004.jpg

2016-02-02_00008.jpg

2016-02-02_00010.jpg

France inherited Austria :eek:
2016-02-02_00013.jpg

2016-02-03_00001.jpg

2016-02-03_00006.jpg

2016-02-04_00005.jpg

2016-02-05_00001.jpg

2016-02-06_00001.jpg

2016-02-06_00003.jpg

2016-02-09_00001.jpg

2016-02-10_00001.jpg

2016-02-10_00008.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
Persian Empire. From Tabarastan to the Persian Empire. Unify Islam(Dar al-Islam), This is Persia, Shahanshah, and Guarantor of Peace, Subsidize my Love, Threaten war, Factionalism, Just A Little Patience, Truly Divine Ruler, Grand Armada, and City of Cities.
CB8939C08BBCE39760A0203A6A601B4D6BA048EE

B2C01FFEA91F9AD9D42B107BF1927AACF724180D

Reactions:
662AE0F615BEE1E67D0FA0608FCDC1306946C106

The empire of Great Qasim at it's largest extent. I released myself from muscovy early on(started as Muscovy, gave Qasim some extra cores by releasing them as a vassal, selling provinces and then annexing).
The Ottomans like me, but they're allied to all my rivals and won't ally me. I lost most of that snake into Afghanistan to Bukhara, after which their alliance with the Ottomans broke and I could finally ally them. I immediately ruined that chance by fumbling a declaration of war on Muscovy, to whom the Ottomans were allied constantly.(I was in another war on the Ottoman side so they couldn't join, but I didn't realise they would just join Muscovy as soon as that war was over)
This has been a very difficult game, I don't think I'll try again in the next patch when qasimi culture goes.

Reactions:
Gotta love imported CKII save. Like, every second country in Europe is new for me.

CBE9E721871617A42F1438D97A54C0FB48FD44DB

Britanny is HRE, which involves half of Iberia, and France is under PU with Byz.

Reactions:
I love the Ottoman Empire, so much possibility to expand and choose your own path. I love how you also have to manage your manpower very carefully and avoid starting too many wars at once. It's a great nation to play when you want to have a long epic game and you don't mind losing along the way.

Someone already started this thread.
I posed there my Portogesian Empire.

I will bring my Otteman Empire this time:

View attachment 87620

I need to wait about 15 years till I could annex Crimea (it is my vassal).
Till this point I just toke my core provinces and some lands in the area of Georgea.

So i'm more of a CKII player and am not well aquainted with this forum or this particular empire thread. However I just wanted to show off my current game because its my first ever ironman game as silly as that sounds!

Starting as Poland I decided to just throw myself into the game and here's the result so far. Its 1750 and the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth shall be stronk! (I've gotten so many achievements for doing nothing haha!")

gk86M7l.png

Reactions:
Basileus run
y3iNN2e.jpg
France got eaten up really early on by Burgundy, whose throne then went to Austria. Muscovy also got done up the pooper and as a result Siberia remained uncolonised.
gJamoZx.jpg

I didn't want to just blob one culture so I moved the Pontic Greeks from the Pontus across Anatolia and onto the Mediterranean coast, reserving Greek culture for Anatolia and the Balkans.
TxcEy1R.jpg

I forgot about my cultural hegemony midway through the game and as a result failed to completely remove the Turkish from the map.
3n1M56X.jpg

Reactions:
So, where to begin... some time ago, I was digging through the EU4 files, searching for "inspiration" for a new campaign. 00_government_names.txt caught my interest, as it contains a number of special designations for ruler titles and government types, given certain circumstances. In particular, I liked this entry:
pagan_roman_monarchy = {
rank = {
1 = PRINCIPALITY
2 = KINGDOM
3 = EMPIRE
}

ruler_male = {
1 = CHIEF
2 = REX
3 = IMPERATOR
}

ruler_female = {
1 = CHIEFTESS
2 = REGINA
3 = IMPERATRIX
}

trigger = {
government = monarchy
primary_culture = umbrian
religion = animism
}
}
So basically, you can become a true Roman Imperator... provided your people are of Roman (Umbrian) culture, and believe in Jupiter, Mars and Venus once again. I'm sure this was added primarily for custom nations... but where is the fun in that, right? ;)

Since there is only one way to get "Roman" into your nation's name in standard EU4 - yes, good ol' greyskin - I started as Austria, and the first 70% or so of my game consisted of a fairly normal Austria -> Italy -> HRE run. Rein in those pesky Italians (we need an Umbrian province for conversion anyway), push some early reforms through, PU Hungary and Bohemia, form Italy after copious amounts of cultural conversion (Influence + Religious policy in combination with the new adjacency bonuses even makes the cost in DIP somewhat bearable!), endure the religious leagues until they decide they can't fight you, revoke the Previlegia around 1620 and proceed to casually conquer all of Europe with the patented vasal swarm.

All the while, I was also looking to secure some Animist provinces - to teach my people the ways of Polytheism again, should the time come. I had orignially planned to use the "Oromo Migration" events in eastern Africa, but unfortunately, they fired really early, and I missed my window by about five years (once the modifier is gone, they get converted back really fast). Fortunately, and amazingly, Kano had actually survived and stayed Animist in western Africa, so i quickly no-CBed them during a war with Portugal, and finally secured a tiny smidge of Animist land under Italian protection.

So, while I finished my conquests in Europe (and northern Africa/near East to ensure a land connection), I also wreaked havoc in western Africa, and fostered a nice, fairly large Animist rebellion. Usually, religious revolts need some time to get going, but you can really accelerate things by "feeding" the rebels newly conquered territory, since rebels prefer provinces with high unrest, and provinces occupied by rebels will only spawn rebels of the occupying type, even with separatism.

Finally, for some screenshots! I really should have made some earlier, but never the less: Europe on December 24, 1735:

ZeISt7w.jpg

It's about 15 years after the formal Renovatio Imperii and probably the last time Christmas will be celebrated anywhere in eastern Europe, at least, since the Imperial Legions are in full retreat and mostly busy with conquering in the Americas (good thing you can just keep colonial territory uncored, and establish a colonial nation via 5 cores once you have the correct religion ;) ).

1741, and Rome is about to return to the true faith! (Yes, rebels really aren't that fast)

8SmOg28.jpg

And finally, in March of 1745, rebel demands have been accepted, and Imperatrix Angelica I rules supreme over a truly Holy Roman Empire - by Jupiter's grace!

mR9eOS0.jpg

Somehow, we still have a cardinal assisting... I'm sure that won't last.

gt1W2gd.jpg

1MjIoT0.jpg

Of course, why stop there - glorious Rome had already made incursions into India and China, so I just continued to spread the word of Neo-Helenism throughout the world, even at the cost of releasing stubbornly heathen colonial subjects (the whole campaign was done in 1.14, so no changing via vasal interaction). The final results:

lMSGXTw.jpg

VX1vdTr.jpg

Now, one-tag WC is nothing special nowadays, particularly with greyskin, but I'm still really pleased with it - especially since I only really started around 1750 and integrated nothing outside of Europe for free (well, parts of northern Africa, because who wants to core the Berbers?). Plus, who can say they got their World Conqueror as Roman Animists? ;)

vMgFOD5.jpg

Wn0Z4lA.jpg

Obviously, I didn't have enough missionaries to convert everything, but they still did a fairly good job at wiping out the Abrahamic religions in Europe, Asia and Africa, thanks to stacked religious bonuses (RIP in 1.15 :( ). Those last bits of Sunni in Africa originate from my brilliant plan to release Macina as a vasal for conversion, and convert they did - straight back to Sunni, putting the recent conversion modifier on a number of provinces before I could annex them.

Orthodox, Reformed, Coptic, Shia and Ibadi are gone for good, Sunni is present primarily in Indonesia, and of course there are still a lot of Protestants and Catholics in the colonies:

7eMNvjY.jpg

Cultures (they are feeling mighty Roman in Egypt and Anatolia!):

aQfETGr.jpg

End-of-game Screen:

8N20IQE.jpg

1 Million rebels in one province! I was hoping they would also transfer to my overseas provinces or at least Britain, but that didn't seem to work properly.

z52dU2o.jpg

Those Peruvians shure like their independence... and with stacked morale bonuses from Plutocratic, Defensive and Colonial Ideas, plus a timely military reform, they where some of the few to give the Imperial armies some pause!

k11u4Nf.jpg

Ever seen Russia as a vasal of Zunghar? Yeah, me neither.

RUcRmRO.jpg

Arapaho is doing the sensible thing... not reforming, just colonizing, careful no to touch any of my colonies. It almost worked, I had to abandon Influence in order to colonize towards him.

btJtUuR.jpg

It's the year 1809. The Legions of Rome occupy all of the known world. All of the world? No! Some Gauls are stubbornly resisting from inside their small... metropolis... on some mexican peninsula... o_O

WmtlhiB.jpg

Reactions: