• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Decided to do humble origins and rekindle the flames at the same time, the result was a tougher (and longer) game than expected:

ith6SAt.png

First, being in your own religious group sucks hard it really makes getting allies difficult. The Ottomans really stifled me by moving into Persia <1500's hence why I went into east Africa. All in all pretty fun game though.

My ideas for custom nation:
iCp1MYh.png

Reactions:
My The Brugundian Conquest game, nothing fancy, most of the time I avoided expanding into the empire, until necessary. France was allied to Castille and Austria for ages, so it took some time before I could start carving up the BBB. All in all a fun game, never reallly played Burgundy before, I picked up quantity ideas first and ended up not hiring a single mercenary throughout the game despite having Burgundian ideas, as well as admin and quantity ideas :p

Here's my Burgundy
F7696FFEA9E5870D0BBC54B0624136770C200BF0

And here's France after I forced them into exile in Africa
197CF1D0A9DB4523C340F7D83458A9ECE9DA46A1

Peachrocks told me to play as Romania and can't start as Ottomans. He suggested Poland but that's not how I work it. I realized I didn't have the achievement yet, but the Wallachia opening position is a bit dubious and I have, so far, been a little distracted by other things. I'll form Romania eventually.

Nicely done. Should be able to take the Balkans from Austria in a couple late game wars. Interesting how they expanded all the way into Anatolia though. Can I take a guess at your starting moves? Possibly something like a no-cb war on Theodoro, vassalizing and using that to drag into war against Crimea? With possible Circassian alliance?

Nicely done. Should be able to take the Balkans from Austria in a couple late game wars. Interesting how they expanded all the way into Anatolia though. Can I take a guess at your starting moves? Possibly something like a no-cb war on Theodoro, vassalizing and using that to drag into war against Crimea? With possible Circassian alliance?

Ally Poland + no-CB on Circassia --> vassal --> regency --> annex Circassia and go from there. I was in on the Timurid dismantling party too but was slowed down by alliances like Ottomans + Ming and Austria + Muscovy etc.

I'm a bit further in the game now, and Austria has > 30 level 8 forts and can permanently run 115 mercenary regiments. They have 300 regiments total and no manpower in my 2nd war against them, first war was 10 years of hell. While Sweden has 100k and Spain (from Aragon) has 150k, they aren't holding up at all (fortunately I'm not calling them in with superiority CB). Right now I'm in a grind until I can kick Austria's allies out and finally siege down Wien with imperialism. 2 wars (previous plus this one) will allow me to form Romania + have all the Balkans, diplomatic + tier 3 efficiency are pretty strong.

The mercenary changes + forts really make late game wars pretty absurd. I am also running heavy merc, around 130, and have more than +100/month on over 400 regiments myself (but I don't want to do attrition mountain camping stats with regulars, so I'm trying to stall allies out of the war and attrition Austria down to ~200k since they're stronger in 1v1 fights). I really wanted to do some truce break + scutage strats here but infinite merc manpower on both sides of a war makes it drawn out. I misplayed this game quite a bit unfortunately, but I can at least grab Dracula's revenge and call it a day. I picked up grand duchy too :p.

Ally Poland + no-CB on Circassia --> vassal --> regency --> annex Circassia and go from there. I was in on the Timurid dismantling party too but was slowed down by alliances like Ottomans + Ming and Austria + Muscovy etc.

I'm a bit further in the game now, and Austria has > 30 level 8 forts and can permanently run 115 mercenary regiments. They have 300 regiments total and no manpower in my 2nd war against them, first war was 10 years of hell. While Sweden has 100k and Spain (from Aragon) has 150k, they aren't holding up at all (fortunately I'm not calling them in with superiority CB). Right now I'm in a grind until I can kick Austria's allies out and finally siege down Wien with imperialism. 2 wars (previous plus this one) will allow me to form Romania + have all the Balkans, diplomatic + tier 3 efficiency are pretty strong.

The mercenary changes + forts really make late game wars pretty absurd. I am also running heavy merc, around 130, and have more than +100/month on over 400 regiments myself (but I don't want to do attrition mountain camping stats with regulars, so I'm trying to stall allies out of the war and attrition Austria down to ~200k since they're stronger in 1v1 fights). I really wanted to do some truce break + scutage strats here but infinite merc manpower on both sides of a war makes it drawn out. I misplayed this game quite a bit unfortunately, but I can at least grab Dracula's revenge and call it a day. I picked up grand duchy too :p.
1. If you haven't moved your capital from Targoviste, that's the most exposed capital I've ever seen :)
2. I'll assume you don't know Romanian. You president is called John George Devil. I think he deserves to become a 6/6/6!

1. If you haven't moved your capital from Targoviste, that's the most exposed capital I've ever seen :)
2. I'll assume you don't know Romanian. You president is called John George Devil. I think he deserves to become a 6/6/6!

I never moved it lol. Austria is giving me some problems occupying it, but DotF + aristocratic + diplomatic means the WE is still a joke, even when it's occupied it takes a few years to hit 2 WE which I can buy down for <40 DIP. I am running the policy for .4 yearly RT using military points so I can re-elect a fair amount, I think that ruler made it to 6/5/5 before he died or some such.

Baltic Crusader + Grand Duchy

Hcpnw7Q.jpg

wVNmatt.jpg
Jesus, those borders are very pretty, better than anything I have ever seen, simply gorgeous.

Jesus, those borders are very pretty, better than anything I have ever seen, simply gorgeous.
Except Iberia's fugly as usual.

Reactions:
Bit of tidying up/achievement received. The wars vs Austria were hell until the 3rd one. Permanent 120ish merc regiments they can sustain forever is obnoxious. Of course, I could do it too, but 30+ level 8 forts is just a slugfest. I guess I could lean more on military ideas, but I think I should have just conquered more using overseas then moved capital for a curb stomp. with triple their numbers. Oh well, live and learn.

I kept Bengal around as an ally, rather uncharacteristic but it was amusing seeing it progress its tech like this without westernizing:

Wat. Not only are they tech 30 (only went 31 recently myself), they have defensive/quantity and thus are the #3 nation in the world in regiment count behind Romania and Austria (they will probably finish second ;) ). With Sunni + defensive their morale is no joke too, they would even join wars against Poland for favors haha!

Even with ADM 27 and administrative if you don't use overseas coring or have a -core cost NI that's really good, you bottleneck on ADM pretty hard, no way to stay at 100% OE that way, let alone usefully go over. Vassals or overseas FTW.

Reactions:
Where's the border?!

Reactions:
Did Venice really manage to conquer Austria? Wow.

I'm a bit further in the game now, and Austria has > 30 level 8 forts and can permanently run 115 mercenary regiments. They have 300 regiments total and no manpower in my 2nd war against them, first war was 10 years of hell. While Sweden has 100k and Spain (from Aragon) has 150k, they aren't holding up at all (fortunately I'm not calling them in with superiority CB). Right now I'm in a grind until I can kick Austria's allies out and finally siege down Wien with imperialism.

Sounds like fun to me :)
Gratz for Wallahian empire. I find this achivement one of harder ones.

Holy flames of Persia all over Asia.

My humble achievement run, where I aimed to created an empire both in the east and west. Unfortunately I derped a bit and assigned one province to Tunis instead of Qatar, so borders in Arabia aren't as pretty as they could have been.

QM0LjxV.jpg

For the record, I owned 90% of my vassals before giving it all away for pretty borders. Oh, the things I do for pretty borders.
iAy4UQz.jpg

Converting half the planet to my religion takes ages even with 4 missionaries. Zoroastrians don't get extra missionaries at all, so I wisely got myself few extra from national ideas.
7Kpa24L.jpg

On one hand, its amazing to have him. On the other hand, its such a waste to have him now, right when I'm done with this playthrough.
H87IBRX.jpg

No matter what I do, I can never even remotely contest the income of myself when I play colonizers.
IC0jcJR.jpg

I forgot to mention, this is the custom nation run for Ideas Guy and Rekindling the flames achievements. I use 3 military groups probably in 90% of my playthroughs, but this one is clearly different.
lhSnGIa.jpg

Agitating for liberty is such a pain in the ass, its borderline idiotic. There clearly was more espionage users than I had subjects, so each was getting agitated. Almost permanent +25% LD is annoying af.
vXys3Vr.jpg

Not the prettiest map in the world, but I was only giving up provinces with development cost increases. In other words the ones I woudn't have ever developed. Luckily it was more than enough for my estates.
4TvlZUW.jpg

- Remotely pretty borders
- AI
Choose only one.
zg01rPt.jpg

Endscreen
nCOTiGr.jpg

Probably the most dip idea heavy game that I have ever had and probably that I will ever have.

Reactions:
This is my first post here, even though the game I present is my 10th run in EUIV (I always play from 1444 to 1821 all the way). Not really a great run, but I finally managed to form Prussia and Germany, a task I have failed like five times already. I'm not an agressive player, mostly goes by the philosophy of live and let live, hence the blobbing. Some remarks after the screenshots.
6E7E70397A44E3512FD3A38DDBDF517632FBA793

DC8AE753DEE53C1F078E12108E5E63747DFBBFEC

D2792B5B44FD5C5010E564D54247CF1079ED53D1

The world got kinda blobby, even more blobbier than usually. Basically 8 nations rule over Europe (Germany, Great Britain, France, Aragon, Naples, Ausria, Poland, Lithuania) with 8 insignificantly small countires (Memmingen, Bavaria, The Knights, Ciprus, Crete, The Papal State, Catalonia and Swizterland). I eventually captured all the small nations in the HRE, only Bavaria could survive with the help of Austria. BTW, if you eliminate all electors, the Emperor get fixed forever - I was hoping that the HRE would dismantle, but that must have changed.

- Austria's fun for the last two hundred years meant kicking the Ottos out of Europe and exile them to the Middle-East.
- Portugal and Utrecht exist outside of Europe.
- Ural is my client state, serving only aesthetic pruposes, I didn't like the Lithuanian intrusion to my lands.
- Ming is out of control, but it's okay, I didn't want to play the colonizing game, only invaded Japan for the achivement and then Korea for the funz.
- Nothing interesting in the New World, some exiled European nations and French dominance (Spain had no chance and got kicked out of Europe, then got PU'd under Portugal)
- I inherited Sweden around 1630.

All in all it was a fun run, altough a bit boring towards the end. I didn't want to fight a big war, and the alliances were so entwined in Europe that no matter who I wanted to attack, I would had had to fight one of my allies, France or Austria. Five achievements have been obtained (Fine Goosestep, An Early Reich, Centre of Attention, Grand Dutchy, The Rising Sun).

Reactions:
Holy flames of Persia all over Asia.

My humble achievement run, where I aimed to created an empire both in the east and west. Unfortunately I derped a bit and assigned one province to Tunis instead of Qatar, so borders in Arabia aren't as pretty as they could have been.

QM0LjxV.jpg

For the record, I owned 90% of my vassals before giving it all away for pretty borders. Oh, the things I do for pretty borders.
iAy4UQz.jpg

Converting half the planet to my religion takes ages even with 4 missionaries. Zoroastrians don't get extra missionaries at all, so I wisely got myself few extra from national ideas.
7Kpa24L.jpg

On one hand, its amazing to have him. On the other hand, its such a waste to have him now, right when I'm done with this playthrough.
H87IBRX.jpg

No matter what I do, I can never even remotely contest the income of myself when I play colonizers.
IC0jcJR.jpg

I forgot to mention, this is the custom nation run for Ideas Guy and Rekindling the flames achievements. I use 3 military groups probably in 90% of my playthroughs, but this one is clearly different.
lhSnGIa.jpg

Agitating for liberty is such a pain in the ass, its borderline idiotic. There clearly was more espionage users than I had subjects, so each was getting agitated. Almost permanent +25% LD is annoying af.
vXys3Vr.jpg

Not the prettiest map in the world, but I was only giving up provinces with development cost increases. In other words the ones I woudn't have ever developed. Luckily it was more than enough for my estates.
4TvlZUW.jpg

- Remotely pretty borders
- AI
Choose only one.
zg01rPt.jpg

Endscreen
nCOTiGr.jpg

Probably the most dip idea heavy game that I have ever had and probably that I will ever have.

What mod is that? its looks beautiful !

Reactions:
Finally Norwegian Wood! I know, I know, horrible, horrible looking empire, but this was purely done for the achievement!
eu4_map_NOR_1763_09_13_1.png
eu4_38.jpg

Was my 3rd real attempt to get the achievement. The hardest part is fighting the coalition that arises around 1500-1550 when you take the cores surrounding Lübeck (this was easy before when you just trapped 200 units on Skjælland). If you manage to survive the coalition this achievement is ptetty much straight foreward.

No PUs or vassal feeding this game. Just purely conquer and core.

Reactions: