• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My Teutonic Order Campaign:
xMAfLbF.png

Lebensraum im Osten accomplished:
SAvv6mn.png

pls dont sue me :,(

Haha, very similar to my last TO campaign, did the exact same thing.

Mztr44 Teutonic Order Campaign

The end result of a 2 player co-op multiplayer campaign. We were Poland -> Commonwealth and The Papal States.
P7Xtf7d.jpg

I was playing the Commonwealth and had Moldavia, Finland (which I got released from Sweden), Bohemia and a client nation Babylonia as a Persian equivalent as vassals. with Moldavia, Finland and Babylonia as Marches. The Papal States ate most of Germany by feeding Wurzburg, Ausburg, and The Palatinate as vassals and then annexing them.

The HRE was dismantled sometime in the 1700s which is when I vassalised Bohemia (who had been emperor until a female ruler during the League crisis when Castille took over). While Burgandy existed until the late 1600s when it was eaten by Hainaut and a Papal - French alliance. Due to The Papal States force converting everyone in sight the Reformation kinda failed with only the Scandinavian countries and Britain converting with Britain falling to Catholic Zealots about 20 years later. Also the League Wars never took off, again due to the majority of the Protestant League being force converted or eaten.

Byzantium was released from the Ottomans at some point (I think it was in the early 1600s or late 1500s), and as The Papal States was the leader in that war Byzantium is a Theocracy. I then managed to ally with Byzantium and between us we beat up the Ottomans until they were gone, and then an Orthodox Syria revolted somehow and ate Aq Qoy[blah].

Britain didn't have a good game and only came back into a position of minor power during the last 100 years or so managing to keep its colonies of British Columbia, British Columbia, and Alaska fairly well.

Castille didn't go for the Iberian wedding and France vassalised Navarra early on, hence the mess that is Spain.

YyGFUxS.jpg

In the Americas, Castille, Portugal, and Norway were the biggest Colonisers. We have Norwegian Canada and Mexico (Norway was so bad at keeping colonial nations that they lost Mexico twice, while the actual Mexico is Castillian. Calfifornia and Haiti are Portuguese (in the South, Brazil was Castillian and they ate pretty much everything apart from Portuguese Columbia and British Columbia), Louisiana and Mexico are Castillian, and the USA is Aragonese.

France managed to keep her colonies placated with an alliance with The Papal States that lasted from the Burgardian war till 1818 when the Netherlands declared war on France and The Papal States didn't want to defend them from both the Dutch and myself. However both French Mexico and Floride are at 100% liberty desire with independence supported by Brazil.

For some reason that escapes me everyone like trying to eat Japan.
Wl1EN7X.jpg

Seriously what the hell? When I noticed this Japan had lost its southern tip to Korea back during the Sengoku and 2 days after I intervened in order to keep France out of it Japan peaced out for what you see here. I then proceeded to guarantee Japan in the hope that no one would kill them (which worked) and they later accepted an alliance where I helped them reconquer their lands from Korea.

In 1821 there were 50K Japanese separatists supported by me and 40K of my own troops trying to free Japan before the end of the game (we failed obviously).

Russia went Revolutionary somewhat out of nowhere as I hadn't touched them in quite some time. I was gearing up for an anti-revolutionary war when I got hit with Margravate? Rebels due to disloyal Szclatcha? (Noble estates) and then I got distracted with the Japan situation in 1811 and the Dutch-French war for the last 3 years.
swjivnJ.jpg

Some world shots:
r3ESF0j.png

ZLxz8eE.png

rVPTnfr.png

Oh and my end screen for anyone that is interested.
3mN21c5.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
I thought I could show my Couronian Empire. The year is only 1793 so there's some years left for Kurland to expand but I don't really know where more to take it at this point. Started the game with Livonian Order, and formed Kurland after converting to Protestant. I have been able to form Prussia for at least one or two centuries but I've come so far with Kurland that I wanted to stick with my tag to the end.

2016-02-03_00001.jpg

2016-02-03_00002.jpg

Europe doesn't have many countries left at this point. I am allied to Austria and I don't really mind their blob as my focus has been elsewhere in the world. Silesia is my vassal and the French State is my royalist client state formed after I forced Revolutionary France into exile on the Philippines. The Holy Roman Empire was dismantled by me a long time ago when Austria lost their emperorship to an OPM who was allied to all the electors, who were mostly OPMs too.

You can see the Ottomans have been removed from the map aswell, but that's all the AI's doing. Naples is strong in the Balkans and Venice (the only Reformed nation btw) has fully relocated to Anatolia.

EDIT: I continued to play and what do you know, only three months after this screenshot I got a message saying Austria is now in a personal union under me. I had not expected that.

2016-02-03_00003.jpg

I played the colonization game pretty heavily because the Couronian ideas steered me to it, plus I like to colonize. North America is dominated by several of my colonial nations, Mexico (formerly Portuguese), the US (formerly British), and some Spanish and Dutch colonies in the northwest. Most of Mississippi and Couronian Canada used to be Dutch colonies but I had them concede a lot of land in a war. The Caribbean is also dominated by me, with the only other colonial nation there being Caraibas on Cuba.

I didn't touch South America much except for establishing Klein-Venedig in the Colombia region, because one of my goals was to colonize all colonizable provinces with dynamic names for Germanic cultures. They grew pretty huge on their own though by eating the Inca Empire, something that annoys me now because they robbed me of the extra merchant I could have got by establishing a new Peruvian colonial nation. Colombia is a former French colony, La Plata a former British one, and Brazil a former Portuguese one.

2016-02-03_00005.jpg

I took Russia's place this game and colonized all of Siberia, and I couldn't just stay away from Asia so I have been meddling here too. You can see the full extent of it on the first overview screenshot but the brown blob to the west is my quite big client state march Tatarstan for steppe cultures. I originally established it to convert a few Siberian provinces I took from the Uzbek to Protestant but they were so tolerant that they never did, and instead I started to rely on their military coverage in that region so decided to keep them around as a march. Manchuria-Korea is another client state of mine. Buryatia is my protectorate.

Ming exploded, India is dominated by Vijayanagar, and Japan has been tormented first by the Manchu and then by me. Most of my Couronian Japan is former Manchurian Japan however. Japan is Catholic btw, and one of the daimyos is alive and independent but that might end soon because they're allied to Manchu and Japan just declared war on the (by me) severely crippled Manchu to take the remains of their Japanese holdings.

2016-02-03_00006.jpg

I touched Indonesia even less than I did South America because there was no reliable way for me to bring trade home from there anyway. France dominated the region a lot, and as I said they relocated their capital to the Philippines after they were thrown out of Europe. Australia is a former French colony, but they much like all the other French colonies declared independence when France lost its European holdings along with most of its power. I have a colonial nation here, New Prussia, on New Zealand that was later expanded with some Pacific Islands I took from France and UK.

2016-02-03_00007.jpg

Africa wasn't a place I cared much for either, I only started getting some colonies in West Africa when I had enough merchants to have one transferring trade power from Ivory Coast to the Caribbean. My capital is in the Lübeck trade node so all the trade from here has to go through North America to be of any value to me. Ethiopia is a big blue blob on this map but they're pretty scared of me and makes no threat to my Couronian Egypt. One of my goals this game was to build all the canals which is something I have (nearly) succeeded with. The Kiel and Panama canals are both done, and the Suez canal is currently under construction.

eu4_map_KUR_1793_12_02_1.png

eu4_map_KUR_1793_12_02_2.png

eu4_map_KUR_1793_12_02_3.png

Last edited:
Reactions:
The Empire of Armenia. :) Released by Qara Qoyonlu in 1470. I did use a bit of an exploit whereby I accepted a Transfer Trade Power agreement to the Ottomans, meaning no matter how pissed off they became at me they would never declare war because the AI does not know how to cancel TTP agreements that are blocking it from using a DoW. :p

2z8dEhZ.png

Reactions:
After I got to know the new Horde mechanics in a Kazan / Tartarstan run, I wanted to go for the Great Khan achievement with Mongolia (since Golden Horde’s location is too similar to Kazan’s). Well, my campaign went so well that it turned into my first ever WC attempt, which I’ve just completed in 1678.

1.%20Mongolia_zps67pgyetb.png

Needless to say, this was still done in 1.14. No exploits were used except unintentionally fully annexing a rather weak England in our second war and later on – less unintentionally ;) – managing to replicate this bug in case of Portugal. No truce breaking (except my two very last waves of wars against the six last remaining nations) and only four or five times over the OE limit (again, at the end to speed things up).

Several lucky factors beneficial to my run:
  • Oirat’s capital fell to Uzbek before their troops could siege down my capital (a few days away from the next tick at 63%) making for a strong start – independence without any loans and even some territorial gains
  • Ming’s second ruler died heirless: very lucky and the make or break of a successful campaign, I guess.
  • Divided Japan & divided India.
  • Commonwealth didn’t form.
  • Ottomans, Muscovy / Russia, Lithuania, Austria + France all didn’t blob too hard.
  • Muscovy / Russia didn’t pick Exploration or Expansion.
  • Extremely weak HRE, not least due to a strong reformation – I managed to dismantle the Reich in a single war against emperor Bohemia and both other (OPM) electors (no others were eligible due to being protestant / reformed).
  • After ruthlessly expanding in Europe for many years, suddenly a huge coalition (= likely almost all remaining nations) started to form, after all. After quickly fielding another 150k mostly cavalry units and a long war (following an instant (panic) DOW against Austria, which had yet to join with France and huge Milan as co-belligerents) against most of Europe, it – to my great relief – disbanded however and never formed again.

2.%20Rebels_zps0hsypbxn.png

Everything went well when Ming lost the Mandate of Heaven – until every single separatist rebel stack either simply disappeared (bug) or decided to relocate to my beautiful Korean province of Jeolla to relax from any stressful rebellion work and didn’t even mind Ming retaking occupied provinces.
I just left them untouched, until they transformed into regular armies when the nations finally declared independence, only to, of course, be instantly eradicated by the remaining (hostile) rebel stacks. Took me a decade or so until I could finally core Jeolla. -.-

3.%20Ming_zps9nrz2fq5.png

Introducing a nice little game called: Find Ming! ;)

Some unlucky factors:
  • Ming started with a crazy militarist (iirc) ruler, who warned me (and every other neighboring nation sans Korea), which complicated early expansion.
  • Crazy colonization: Portugal, Castile + England each picked the Exploration and Expansion combo as 1st and 2nd idea groups, France, Scotland, Aragon and Holland as 2nd and 3rd – I stood in awe when the (new) world was finally revealed to me.
  • Poland blobbed hard (not only swallowing, of course, TO and chunks of the HRE but also large parts of Scandinavia including inheriting the throne of Norway).

4.%20Tech_zpsmdsccepu.png

Warning: If you’re sensitive to border gore, please look away now. Thank you for your understanding! (Although Khorasan and Nogai are vassals, maybe that helps a little?)
Everyone else, please enjoy the everlasting tech lead. At that point, I instantly took every new tech level, because 1700+ MP each seems a lot more reasonable when you have more points than you can spend anyway…

Fun facts (spoiler: they're not really funny, rather interesting... hopefully)
  • Soon after picking up Nahuatl as syncretic faith, which was an important part of my decision to go for Exploration before Diplomacy (although I was really looking forward to its province WS reduction and 2 additional diplomats + reduced travel times including the policy) and which is awesome in principle, I decided to go back to pure Tengri. Given the abundance of MP, a decrease in unrest was so much more worth.
  • Due to my being at war constantly and hordes apparently being unfamiliar with any autonomy reduction tools, the provinces I conquered remained to a degree economically useless - in part due to my initially liberal use of autonomy raises. In fact, the provinces I’ve gained in the very beginning have lost less than 20% autonomy over the course of my whole campaign. Together with my trade income being severely handicapped by constant OE, my economic base was overall rather pitiful.
  • While I had failed to gain the Pyramid of Skulls achievement during my short Kazan run, I’ve razed several dozen >30 development provinces this time around, including the “metropoleis” Rhodes and the Azores – it’s great that Paradox finally limited this unrealistic upgrading in 1.15!
  • I’ve discovered a good part of the map “old school style” (read: the annoying process of sending the conquistador into the next province by hand, then forgetting about him for half a year or so because one has disabled the “discovery” alert since it’s still the same frigging box as sea exploration) before I’ve noticed that I can actually hunt for the seven cities. I’m absolutely certain that wasn’t possible in my Aztec run in 1.13. Was that changed in 1.14 or are Mongols just advanced enough to use maps and compasses? On the plus side, I found “true” Cibola after only six provinces. This conquistador deserves a promotion (well, that is, if he hadn’t been killed by natives soon after, but I’ll always remember what’s his face him fondly)!
  • I broke my personal record by a mile when I employed 14/3 leaders. Also, hiring 7 new generals and directly firing six of them due to their sucky siege values – ah, fun times, when MP just don't matter anymore. ;)
  • Among other nations, insignificant Pomerania considered my whole empire up to Miyoo Gasan as provinces of vital interest. Miyoo what, you ask? Duh, the province next to Sakhalin, of course. What else would be “part of their natural borders”? ;) Happy to see it being toned down in 1.15!

5.%20Units_zpsymbhpnmp.png

I love me some Horde units. I’m really looking forward to the new shock bonus system, though, which seems a lot more realistic to me…

6.%20Regional%20naming_zpsl7mm0yse.png

I do love the new regional naming system. It’s not without some problems, though. Let me introduce huge “Mongol East Indies” and “Mongol Europe”, located in… Africa? Sadly, you have missed “Mongol Africa” at this point, which, of course, was in Saudi Arabia. I do understand how this happens, but it nevertheless feels a little messed up.

• In game time needed: 234 years
  • RL time needed: lost all my friends much too long
Achievements acquired:
  • World Conqueror
  • The Great Khan
  • Over a Thousand!
  • Georgia on my Mind
  • That’s a Silk Road!
  • Ruina Imperii
  • Traditional Player
  • Blood for the Sky God!
  • Pyramid of Skulls
  • Truly Divine Ruler (Finally! I’ve put far more than 1000 hours into the game and never got one of those before.)

Thanks for reading! :)

Reactions:
Long ago our ancestors were defeated in the west. After a long period of wandering we found our home here at the edge of the Gobi. Subject to Emperors and Khans, we threw off their yoke as the Mongols were driven from the Middle Kingdom. Now we shall reign supreme. Sinus Invicta!
sG2mRvO.png

Reactions:
So, France, 1457. Kept rerolling until Austria's king died with no heir leaving me in an insta-union and getting emperor. Double Burgundian Inheritance later, BAM.

Now what to do? I could release as vassal/return core a whole bunch of minors inside of me (There are a TON: Bar, Bourbonnaise, Foix, Auvergne, Brabant, Hainaut, Holland, Nevers, etc.) thereby expanding my IA growth OR I could keep my land as is and eat around me and add as I go. I tested the former and got ~0.25 ia gain a month without peace, with peace I got around 0.35 and 71 members in the empire. What do you think? Also, to keep Italy in the Empire, do I need to actually physically eat Pope and most of Venice and add it to the HRE or can I vassal feed it to a member of the empire?

QYMLlDz.jpg

Reactions:
Very tall Kingdom of Romania formed by Wallachia. I already got my Dracula's Revenge so this was just for fun. Wallachia start has gotten tons harder with a much stronger Hungary that will always ally Austria at the start alongside a Bosnian+Serbian alliance, which pretty much kills any chance of early expansion. I spent a lot of time in Speed 5 waiting for opportunities. Had Poland->Commonwealth as my initial safety alliance and didn't take any territory until about 100 years in when they got involved in a war against Austria+Hungary that they were winning so I dogpiled onto Hungary to capture a few provinces. Swapped alliance to Russia when I started seeing the writing on the wall for the Commonwealth after Brandenburg with Ottoman support won the League war. Russia was a bit of a paper tiger though so I eventually shifted my alliance to Brandenburg and was able to seize some Commonwealth provinces. Funnily enough, Brandenburg and Ottomans never became rivals, thus Brandenburg wouldn't attack the Ottomans even with favors, so a war against Kilwa was necessary, an Ottoman ally. :rolleyes: As you can see I had an average of 24 development per province. :p

IALBCNB.png

Oh yes, I also made good use of the Espionage ideas. With no way to Westernize or expand early on, I just let my tech falter a bit for the free MP to put towards development instead through the use of Study Technology.

Last edited:
Reactions:
First time poster, and infrequent forum-viewer, so here we go! A few recent(ish) games starting with a simple non-Ironman France (wasn't paying much attention when I started it, because I normally hit Ironman by default). Inherited Austria's dynasty mid-game and forced a PU; made HRE expansion a fair bit easier. Take that, von Habsburgs! It's the BBB though so it never felt particularly challenging, but still a satisfying play.

2015-09-25_00002.jpg

Then ... Silesia! Mostly for the Back to the Piast achievement, which I only got at the very end of the game because I wanted to play it as the Silesian tag. Took a while to break out of the HRE and expand into the Balkans and I was concerned about the east being subsumed by the Scandinavians, and then this happened, more or less out of nowhere:

2015-12-12_00007.jpg

That was all I needed to end up like this:

2015-12-16_00002.jpg

Next up was Nassau, which I started on a whim with no clear goal in mind, and chose merely because they are a pretty shade of purple and I like their flag. Nassau province has only 5 development (urgh!) but after manipulating alliances with various HRE neighbours and then becoming cosy with the French, one thing turned into another and before I know it ....

2016-01-31_00002.jpg

Last but not least, I always wanted to try Sweden, to see if they are in fact overpowered or not. Early game went remarkably well; good stats on my first king after independence, and once the Scandinavian region was secured, I beat up Muscovy with the help of the Poles and Austria. From there it was an unending train of conquest to the south and east that only intensified as the years rolled on. Ridiculously easy from this point on, though there was a rough patch in 1807 when I got greedy and ate 160% of land in Asia and had to kill more than a million rebels. That was a bit scary. Nonetheless, my verdict: Sweden is totally OP -- don't let them tell you otherwise!

2016-02-05_00003.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
My first try with Taberstan turned out pretty well. Formed Persia within 40 years. It is a very slow start and i should have played more aggressive if i realized how good the shock nerf for the hordes were in bad terrain. In the war against the timmies who outnumbered me 2-1 i won with 5 vs 15k troops defending in the mountain. I could even go attacking in the mountains without to much trouble.

BE0B6C096E3D78F2BAE4E34FEB8E722FF01636CC

Guess i should go for this is persia as well.

Reactions:
eu4_1_zps49k7sejb.png
[/URL][/IMG]
eu4_1_zps49k7sejb.png

Not much to say, other than still ongoing.
But hey, at least i have a good set-up alliance wise. Burgundy got lucky, and not only is allied with Spain. but has their dynasty. France is inert, the otto's nuked Hungary, and the Qara is very big. At one point, Pomerania got the danish cap and took it. Much rektage was had, in part due to bad play on Poland's part.
The second war with Pomerania was me stomping them with superior troops even with Hesse(The HRE emporer) and bohemia backing them.

Awesome Peru. Qing cannot info China. And someone should clean that HCC brown stuff in Indochina.

Here is my Byzantium game...Moldavia and Syria are Marches. Started by releasing Ache and Morea as marches (later integrated them), allying Hungary, Wallachia and Poland and waited and waited and waited for the Ottomans to attack...they never did so i declared on them while they fought the Timurids. Note, Hungary had a PU over France most of the game which i helped them keep for most of it...finally i said no the 4th time France declared independence due to lack of manpower and then allied France...Hungary is looking very tasty at the moment.

n5RuMHB.png

and here is my Milan -> Italy game...very very fun. Burgundy and Bourbonnais are marches and Wurzburg, Munster, Memmingen and new acquired Austria are vassals but its 1818 and this game is ending soon. very sad.

i08hUFp.png

hRGmGjj.png

Peachrocks told me to play as Romania and can't start as Ottomans. He suggested Poland but that's not how I work it. I realized I didn't have the achievement yet, but the Wallachia opening position is a bit dubious and I have, so far, been a little distracted by other things. I'll form Romania eventually.

Reactions: