• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
the NW Territory wasteland wasn't filled in, even though California owned 4 of the 6 non-wasteland provinces adjacent

I've noticed similar things happening elsewhere too, where you seem to have more than half, but you still need more to fil it in. I could be wrong, but I have a sneaking suspicion that wasteland provinces might be counting towards the total number of adjacent provinces.

I've noticed similar things happening elsewhere too, where you seem to have more than half, but you still need more to fil it in. I could be wrong, but I have a sneaking suspicion that wasteland provinces might be counting towards the total number of adjacent provinces.
Hmm, that might be it...I think it happened for Uganda too, and I had to take more than half of the adjacent provinces.

Hmm, that might be it...I think it happened for Uganda too, and I had to take more than half of the adjacent provinces.
Is it possible you need to take over 50% of the perimeter of the wasteland province, instead of over 50% of the provinces bordering it? I haven't paid much attention to how it worked, but I just assumed it was like that, and from my experience so far it seems so.

This is my second try at creating an aesthetically pleasing British Empire, and I'm very happy with the results. Though I did not colonize all of South America or conquer Iberia, Norway, and Japan, I did manage to conquer all of India, colonize most of Sub-Saharan Africa, and keep my North American empire intact.

Lithuania :O

sorry about the border gore, i had to take every single opportunity to get the Better Than Napoleon achievement. I wanted to conquer England as well, but months before the end of a thruce, they got in a PU with Austria, so no All your trade. Big Silesia is my vassal and I'm emperor. I have land enough to pass all the missing reforms, but it's too late to actually be useful and I already have the achievement. this is also the first game (excluding the usual Austria start) in which I actively try to obtain a PU. Portugal got interregnum, i put a valois on throne and claimed. then i fed them all of iberia and integrate. it was quite satisying

Attachments

• Copia di Schermata 2016-01-15 alle 12.09.46.jpg
    Copia di Schermata 2016-01-15 alle 12.09.46.jpg
    504 KB · Views: 217
Just in time to say goodbye to crusades.

Just started an Ideas Guy, beginning in Ladakh (Northwestern India) and seem to have had a nice start. Eastern Hindu Ambrosian Republic, with -10% Tech and +10 Discipline as traditions and +1/y RT as first idea.

4AA2E29CE8EE9529C455D73241ABE092C5E83E30

Decided to go east through the mountains as Delhi was a bit to strong early on, even if i got my allies to support, and retaliated against Bengal when they thought i was an easy target, and kept at it ... Current Allies (for not much longer) is Jaunpur, Orissa (also allied with each other), Mewar and Ayatthuya (allied with a Ming that looks like its about to collapse). Only reason why Timurids haven't collapsed as of yet is because whenever they get seperatists, they also get Pretender Rebels and/or Tribe revolts which kills the seperatists :p

F93EAA48F5E607409E1500E769CA5DD9E177F1E6

Moving onwards some 80 years, I've just created Bharat, Timurids and Kazan are vassals (although in Timurid's case they hate me so hard that i don't see them being able or even willing to be annexed for quite some time), Ming have gotten into trouble twice with separatist rebels but it never got worse than they were able to conquer most of them after getting on their feet again, in-between which I've sniped a couple of provinces here and there). Otherwise i've just taken Exploration as 4th idea group, with the intention of grabbing all of Indonesia, Australia and whatever islands there is in the Pacific that gives trade that i can pull towards my trade port which still is in Bengal (going to move it around to the other side later on, prehaps even down to Zanzibar when i get around conquering in that direction).

Worth noting is that Kazan have a load of Cored provinces in Russia but as they're best buddies with Kebab I haven't gotten around to collect just yet (my armies have been busy grabbing Indochina lately and is gearing up for a grab on south India), even if my army probably should be able to win against both at the same time, as its bigger than both put together and having the aforementioned +10% Discipline, together with +2 Leader Siege, +20% siege ability and +1 yearly Army Tradition

sorry about the border gore, i had to take every single opportunity to get the Better Than Napoleon achievement. I wanted to conquer England as well, but months before the end of a thruce, they got in a PU with Austria, so no All your trade. Big Silesia is my vassal and I'm emperor. I have land enough to pass all the missing reforms, but it's too late to actually be useful and I already have the achievement. this is also the first game (excluding the usual Austria start) in which I actively try to obtain a PU. Portugal got interregnum, i put a valois on throne and claimed. then i fed them all of iberia and integrate. it was quite satisying
That... That hurts to look at. You have to fix at least some of that before the game ends, pls

My attempt at a Historical British Empire!
FeoNNzJ.png

My total development is about 4 times that of the number 2 (Ming), same goes for Military. I couldn't get the borders to be perfect but overall I think it's pretty good. Portugal is also in a PU with me.
cfwxl.png

The real one for comparison :)
TBSBnmL.jpg

Reactions:
No Thirteen Colonies 0/10 ;)

Reactions:
My attempt at a Historical British Empire!
FeoNNzJ.png

My total development is about 4 times that of the number 2 (Ming), same goes for Military. I couldn't get the borders to be perfect but overall I think it's pretty good. Portugal is also in a PU with me.
cfwxl.png

The real one for comparison :)
TBSBnmL.jpg
You still have some time left, are you going to eat the rest of the needed clay to be as historical as possible? i.e. Medri Bahrian Yemen and that small part of Castillian(?) Alaska?

You still have some time left, are you going to eat the rest of the needed clay to be as historical as possible? i.e. Medri Bahrian Yemen and that small part of Castillian(?) Alaska?
Yemen? Sure, Castile not so sure though, those guys are a huge pain in the ass because they're allied to Tuscany; Tuscany spammed development points all over Europe, has all the military ideas that improve troop quality and also spammed forts all over the place, it already took me a ridicoulously long war just to get New Zealand from these guys so maybe, not sure if I want to go through that again lol.

A Ceylon game to get the Buddhists strike back:

FF13E7E0AB8EEA77AB9BC8F2EEF9FEFCC2AABE3B

C67642A65D27B250EED9A736370DD06B98FEC8B0

I'm a bit under 2k development with all of India. Conversion was really smooth with the new conquest bonus missionaries and +5% from decisions.

And with all the tweaks Buddhism is nearly a decent religion in EU4 :p. Especially in the early game you can actually reasonably feed your vassals with returned cores by releasing the right tags. I somehow forgot that westernization blocks you from getting vassals until Dip23, though ^^.

I even managed to amass some nearly prussion degree of discipline stacking:

E8478DD563BF37FE1509BAC16FC010E6EA0EC340

Anyway, the Ottomans are still larger than me, so there's still someone to cut to size.

I present my shameless cheating Benin game
630f184c4a5c72ac484033aa011861c0.png

I can't really think of a reason to why I played as Benin other than "Why would I start as Mali or Jolof?"
This is just really a "for the lulz" playthrough because I'm still bummed out about how abruptly my Japan game ended

Reactions:
I present my shameless cheating Benin game

I can't really think of a reason to why I played as Benin other than "Why would I start as Mali or Jolof?"
This is just really a "for the lulz" playthrough because I'm still bummed out about how abruptly my Japan game ended
But... Why post it here? one could easily just insta form the HRE on day one (if one is cheating), but since cheating is involved, it removes any sort of accomplishment or the like.

Reactions:
But... Why post it here? one could easily just insta form the HRE on day one (if one is cheating), but since cheating is involved, it removes any sort of accomplishment or the like.
- you dont really know what he means by the term "cheating". It really could mean anything, ranging from
using exploits to utilizing overpowered mechanics etc.

Reactions:
Like I said, it was just for the lulz, there is no real accomplishment to it. I do these kind of campaigns often between serious ones, like my Uesugi->Japan game and whoever I play as in the future, which I'll start Monday or so. These little campaigns are like a smoke break, essentially.

Reactions: