• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My Playthrough trying to recreate the british empire and maybe a lil bit of europe. (decided to keep my main rival the ottomans in even tho i beat them in two wars so far)
804Koxe.jpg

Europe + PU over Austria + vassal of prussia
XI5vdwQ.jpg

6ukUUl0.png

ahCyvcw.jpg

America
MjLAM93.jpg

Africa
YMokQyw.jpg

Indian Ocean area
PCL9fet.jpg

I casually play so this was really good for me :)

Reactions:
Here's my second world conquest as kazan, my first 1 tag, Use no exploits the entire ran, got really unlucky with plc becoming the hre emperor so couldn't attack them until the 1630
2015-12-19_00008.jpg
2015-12-19_00003.jpg 2015-12-19_00004.jpg 2015-12-19_00005.jpg 2015-12-19_00006.jpg 2015-12-19_00007.jpg

Could have finished it a lot quicker without a mega ottomans consuming all the things and a plc hre emperor. All in all for no exploits (overseas coring counts) im pleased with the run.

Attachments

• 2015-12-19_00008.jpg
    2015-12-19_00008.jpg
    243,7 KB · Views: 83
Reactions:
Started the game as Mysore (OPM Hindu state in a really bad position 1444) with custom (balanced) NIs and with a goal of uniting full India and making it 100% Hindu. Nothing special.

I achieved the goal by 1750s so I could conquer a lot of stuff but didn't, as I am fanatical fan of perfect borders. I have a custom of spending last 50 years of the game (I almost always reach perfect borders by then) on upgrading provinces and squeezing max income possible.

Agressive Expansion penalty -819 relations :D

5MRkhbU.jpg

AxZCzL5.jpg

xYIVqAT.jpg

CvplcVS.jpg

Reactions:
I have absolutely no idea how anyone achieves world conquest, I am very limited conqueror (almost pacifist on eu4 standards) and even conquering just India tires me greatly (despite -50% coring costs from permaclaims and administrative + not caring about AE penalties) and you all just casually conquer india, china, south east asia, middle east, europe and so on.

My top expansion ever in eu4 was something like 300 provinces? As Ottomans. And then I felt tired of constant expansion. Hell, in my other game (when I was Japan) freakin AI Ottomans created greater empire than I did as the same country. I am genetically determined to suck at this game :D

I have absolutely no idea how anyone achieves world conquest, I am very limited conqueror (almost pacifist on eu4 standards) and even conquering just India tires me greatly (despite -50% coring costs from permaclaims and administrative + not caring about AE penalties) and you all just casually conquer india, china, south east asia, middle east, europe and so on.

My top expansion ever in eu4 was something like 300 provinces? As Ottomans. And then I felt tired of constant expansion. Hell, in my other game (when I was Japan) freakin AI Ottomans created greater empire than I did as the same country. I am genetically determined to suck at this game :D

Don't see it that way. Everyone likes to play however they want! Doing a WC bores me a lot too; I have plans on doing it since a long time, but everytime I pass 1700 I don't feel like continuing anymore because it is just not fun anymore.

I have same problem (not really a problem, rather playing style), probably thats why i really like to play victoria 2 :).

Agreed. I'd rather be moving bricks in a Chinese labor camp than doing WC. WC is so tedious in this game. In CK2 it's better because you can delegate to vassals and vassals of vassals.

I'm Ok with just controlling the Trade of every Trade Good on the map. :cool: Especially my favorite Trade Goods (Cloth, Wine, Fish, Silk, Tea, Spices). That substitutes WC for me.

Also nice borders in India! I'm doing a similar run as a Hindu Merchant Republic.

j4TtbTt.jpg

Started a Buryatia Ironman game. Took a few restarts because of Korchin+Yeren alliances basically being GG; and a bad starting general/ruler general also being basically GG [0 Shock is ew], but got to this point.

Current Syncretic Faith is Vajrayana, which causes issues with me expanding into Korea and the recently exploded Ming [Who I have a truce with anyway, they were allied to me and refused to help when Korea attacked. I won anyway.] Thing is I had quite a few province conversion events, and since I need to get out of the tribal phase or else fall behind in tech inevitably, I took Economic first [With the added bonus of fighting my inflation, since you start with Gold]. This means I can't get Humanist or Religious until my 3rd idea group. I've also eaten quite a few Vajrayana provinces, and I know from my Qing attempts what happens when you change syncretic and suddenly have a bunch of heathen provinces. [2nd Idea group is going to be exploration so I can colonise]

If I can get a Theologian to enact Yellow Buddhism that would help. But they refuse to spawn.

The current expansion direction is through Oriat, but I have truces and I get the feeling going that far south is going to be slow, especially since Yarkland is strong and has Indian allies. [And Sunni, so they might convert the Buddhists]. Also; Orait is allied to Timmies now and I can't see what state Timmies are in.

So I'm kinda lost what to do now. When I won the Korean War I had to settle for giving Haixi [Who is Syncretic Confucian and my vassal] their claims on ex-Jain lands and humiliation+Reps; since I'm scared of wrong-culture Confucian provinces giving me tons of rebels. Obviously I can't feed Haixi too much, else they'll rebel.

Also: Buryatia, being a Siberian Clan, actually dosen't have Estates.

Reactions:
Almost made a WW2 Japanese Empire, This was 1750'ish. Next 50 years, broke alliance with Dai Vet and proceeded to conquer all the Malay peninsula.
Random grey spice islands are europeans
Gj5hded.png

Reactions:
Nice! I had something very similar but instead of Moluccas - Australia I got colonies in California and Mexico. (Asekuni, Kyasei and Chugoku are my client states)

CrDxQOm.png

I wonder why indian AI always goes for Tibet.
Does it have something to do with the Conquest of Lhasa bonuses, or it just sees it as free land, much as flavour of the month horde going for Central Asia/Mongolia?

Is there a Conquest of Lhasa bonus like the ones for Rome and Mecca?
+1 Missionaries and a little bonus prestige - I guess it has to do with Buddhism or the Vajrayana branch of it, at least. If not, that's a reason. Otherwise, they might just pile on weak Tibet, although I don't understand why would countries like Delhi or Bengal go for wrong religion, wrong culture, dirt poor provinces.

I'll probably do a proper AAR once I finish the whole thing ... but here's the result of the weekend EU-IV ironmap Wallachia playthrough (the 5-6th start that is) ...

1) At start I allied with Poland/Lithuania and Byzantium and just kept increasing development in my 3 provinces (main goal was to keep Ottomans from expanding too much at start)
2) Only major thing in the first 50 years was Venice declaring war on Byzantium, me breaking the alliance then me attacking and vassalizing them with Poland's help
3) For next 100 years kept nibbling at Hungary and Ottomans whenever they be in a large war with someone else and also kept up my alliance with Poland/Lithuania helping them along and watching them turn into the Commonwealth
4) Commonwealth is decreasing in power and they cancel the Royal Marriage/Alliance so I shift alliance to Russia (just in time to see them fight Russia and get many provinces since Venice/France/Sweden decided to back them) (~175 years in)
27GfB7i.png

5) Reaching critical mass now finally so have the money to increase my land forces considerably and just going to try the westward expansion into the new world (~225 years in)

QvGUjZl.png

Reactions: