• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'd ally Hungary and take Prussia from the Pole.

Saxony -> Prussia -> Germany + PU over Magyars

LwM9uEN.jpg

Could've expanded a lot more east, but I didn't really want to.

Reactions:
Did you have anything to do with that Greece?

Because there weren't enough Ottos One-Tag yet: (Beware, screenshots in German)

Not too much special, had good luck on some parts, less on others. Especially good were my rulers (never lost Janissars) and Muscovy collapsed into Sunni and became a perfect vassal.
WC was done by 1754, One-Tag (annexed Brandenburg with too much AE for diplo-annexing and conquered my protectorate ming in two big wars) by 1782

wc11.png

wc12.png

Released the two yellow CNs (from my vassal Scotland) and annexed them for more glorious green.

wc15.png

Religious Map 1782

wc07.png

17 years later, everything I had converted

wc13.png

My army, mercenaries are all at least 2-4 units behind the current tech, bc it's too much hassle to update them.

wc08.png

Technologies

wc02.png

Military, got very much tradition the last few decades, not quite sure why. Had a lot of forts for the +1 bonus too, paid 700 ducats for it.

wc03.png

Ideas, not much surprise, took offensive for siege ability -> speed

wc04.png

Economy

wc05.png

wc06.png

Fleet, I built 1k big ships for a mission at the end, just for fun.

wc09.png

Diagrams

wc10.png

Rulers, only problem was Mehmet, but he only lived three years so I could keep Janissars

wc14.png

And just for fun a little revolution at the end:

wc16.png

And of course Ironman-Proof:
wciron1.jpg

wciron2.jpg

Important!:
It was not Ironman, but just for fun to show that ironmanproof screenshots aren't a good proof^^
I usually don't play Ironman bc of the monthly autosaves and bc I don't see the necessity for it. If I don't wanna cheat, I don't. The whole thing is on YT (also in German) that's probably more of a proof for not cheating than that Ironman-Symbol.

Amazing.

By the way, your CN names cracked me up :D

Did you have anything to do with that Greece?

On the contrary, really. I never fought Ottomans, while absolutely breaking Commonwealth and Hungary to no manpower and no army 4-5 times. Greece came around as byproduct of Russian conquest of Crimea, they separate peaced them out for Greece.

In the same campaign Byzantium lasted around 100 years, they even won a war against the Ottomans.

I'd ally Hungary and take Prussia from the Pole.
They rivaled me a while back, unfortunately. So has Muscovy. And half the other European majors - its like the AI will choose the played over other options when available.
What map mod is that?
I'm assuming this is directed at my screenshots? If so: TBARW w/various add-ons like the white font and user interface lite (Thick Borders and Recoloured Water)

My Byzantium Basileus ironman achievement run circa 1510, doing quuuuuuiiiiiiiiiite well. Going Religious->Quantity->Trade? Allied with France, Austria, Poland and Hungary. Going to have to kill hungary eventually and they're allied with Austria... bah. Also, Eretna costs 1,400 diplo to annex...

Evil Kebab reduced to a 3 province minor

LbTk1Of.jpg

zabzFzj.jpg

Reactions:
I have finally completed my gimmicky Spain game and now present you the result:

The Basque Empire
U6Gszex.jpg

Scandinavia, Hungary and Naples are in unions under me, rest are vassals or CNs.
E1B3h9A.jpg

God bless culture conversion discounts. No longer the loneliest culture in the world.
S2bG20E.jpg

Source of endless Papal Influence
IICipR6.jpg

The longer I play, the closer I get to unintended WC.
sFq5LOP.jpg

Basque primary culture, fitting dynasty name and Gabriel the Heir, the shame of our dynasty. I guess Castille starts with Enrique and ends the same way. Luckily this game will end long before Gabriel gets a chance to rule my lovely empire.
quJuKlA.jpg

Can't hold all that mercantilism.
7gztyqB.jpg

wVf6Qp2.jpg

Basque primary culture with Castille ideas was the original idea for this playthrough. Also idea choices. I refunded three of my original idea groups. Those were Exploration, Expansion and Quantity.
dt90neo.jpg

Distance and number of subjects made it really tricky to manage them with 4 diplomats at one point.
5LGwCKl.jpg

Endscreen:
tN9N5Lo.jpg

Reactions:
All that from tiny Navarra? Good job.

I have finally completed my gimmicky Spain game and now present you the result:

I'm curious, how'd you manage culture-flipping to Basque as Castile? I'd love to try that some time.

I'm curious, how'd you manage culture-flipping to Basque as Castile? I'd love to try that some time.
fijL3xv.jpg

That's roughly how. Notice I made two very big mistakes here. I gave up Sevilla, that is very rich on its own and also is a center of trade. And I also gave up the gold mine, not sure why in the world did I do that, as I could sell a different Andalusian province to Granada. I got a very early Wedding, so Aragon and Naples are already junior partners in PUs, after that I was just selling provinces to them, released Leon and tunneled on managing my prestige. Iirc I even got a prestige boost from Pope and kept the prestige advisor until this very point.

fijL3xv.jpg

That's roughly how. Notice I made two very big mistakes here. I gave up Sevilla, that is very rich on its own and also is a center of trade. And I also gave up the gold mine, not sure why in the world did I do that, as I could sell a different Andalusian province to Granada. I got a very early Wedding, so Aragon and Naples are already junior partners in PUs, after that I was just selling provinces to them, released Leon and tunneled on managing my prestige. Iirc I even got a prestige boost from Pope and kept the prestige advisor until this very point.
Your Spanish Federation looks very ugly.

Your Spanish Federation looks very ugly.
Sacrifices had to be made for the culture shift to happen. It turned out quite pretty in the end as you can see few posts above.

Last edited:
Feast your eyes on this border gore. As you can see this is my first world conquest. I would have gotten it sooner but wanted to wait until Russia was integrated to take Rome as I stayed Catholic.

A5GIUh2.png

I did clean it up though.

2al0Ddt.png

I went a bit crazy at the end so I decided that it would be a good idea to build everything (except for forts). It might have been a mistake as it took a long time.

Y2vAjA6.png

It resulted it quite a high income (before I formed the HRE I had 32 merchants).

PyvE32E.png

Here is the final screen. I also managed to fully tech up and get all my ideas.

iykvOt3.png

I also got a total of 19 new achievements:

Azur Seme de Lis Or
Big Blue Blob
Better than Napoleon
All Your Trade Are Belong to Us
No Pirates in my Caribbean
At Every Continent
Trade Hegemon
Marshy March
Georgia on my Mind
Over a Thousand
One Family to Rule them All
Subsidize my Love
Full House
Black Jack
World Discoverer
That's a Silk Road
The Grand Armada
World Conqueror
A Kaiser not Just in Name

Last edited:
Reactions:
I posted this on Reddit a few days ago.

For my second HRE game I decided to try and get as many princes in the empire as possible without client states. I revoked around 1550 which I don't think is too bad. 155 is the maximum I could get but I believe you could hit 170.

VN9copa.jpg

2mFXubm.jpg

Doesn't the HRE look grand?
tPUCkg5.jpg

Reactions:
Sapmi... Really?