• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As a kid, I liked Karl May's Vinnetou books... so, Apache...

6ADEE0A854D38C194239731DE343928E8E8CF37A

It didn't go as I wanted, westernized very late (1620 or so), was dowed like 6 times before white man started to fear me. But in the end this is what I got when the last AE kicked in (notice Ottomans are in Wien for once)

8AE95903C0D517CA17BD19CAD6274E07CC8D77F2

I wondered, how much conquest I can make till the end, while remaining stable...

C948F63A670EB2EF84895CB8C2E62759CF59660C

A lot...I am not showing anything else, because the rest of the world is just Apache empire :p I am short of 9162 development, that is, with average ruler, 63 years of admin mana. That kind of spoils any thoughts about one-tagging, even if I played optimally and westernized before 1550.

8E6681609893E0112ACF04FE3FE6D823B039FAA4

Reactions:
http://i.imgur.com/SjTNmuA.png

I don't know where to go in that game. I don't want to expand into Persia, I like my eastern border. Russia is allied to Commonwealth (my only ally, also stronger than me). Venice (stronger than me), France (much, much stronger than me) and Spain (stronger than me) form the mother of all triple-alliances that keeps me out of Europe.
That Netherland kingdom is so nice!

additional tags mod im guessing

although you must reclaim Al-Andalus!

Just leaving this post here to follow the thread.

Reactions:
As a kid, I liked Karl May's Vinnetou books... so, Apache...

6ADEE0A854D38C194239731DE343928E8E8CF37A

It didn't go as I wanted, westernized very late (1620 or so), was dowed like 6 times before white man started to fear me. But in the end this is what I got when the last AE kicked in (notice Ottomans are in Wien for once)

8AE95903C0D517CA17BD19CAD6274E07CC8D77F2

I wondered, how much conquest I can make till the end, while remaining stable...

C948F63A670EB2EF84895CB8C2E62759CF59660C

A lot...I am not showing anything else, because the rest of the world is just Apache empire :p I am short of 9162 development, that is, with average ruler, 63 years of admin mana. That kind of spoils any thoughts about one-tagging, even if I played optimally and westernized before 1550.

8E6681609893E0112ACF04FE3FE6D823B039FAA4

i must disagree because it make me cry :D

Finished my Kazan game for the community nation game. Didn't feel like going into Europe too much; but I had to show the Austrians who's boss so I took Wien and her surroundings and added them to the glorious Kazani empire. An empire surpassing our father Genghis Khan, reaching into the far east, up to the land known as Kaztralia...

Dj64MTB.jpg

To make sure the Westerlings will never ever try to oppose us, we built a Great Wall; hundreds of kilometers wide and long...

1DcNSKS.jpg

Due to our lust for conquest we chose to set puny administrators and diplomats aside.

GzbruZQ.jpg

Reactions:
That wall of forts is making my wallet cry. Are all of them level 8 forts? I think with the state of the AI, unless you somehow get into a coalition against *all* of Europe, just level 4 forts should be enough to hold for quite a few years.

That wall of forts is making my wallet cry. Are all of them level 8 forts? I think with the state of the AI, unless you somehow get into a coalition against *all* of Europe, just level 4 forts should be enough to hold for quite a few years.

Yeah lvl 4 forts on each province. Cost me around 600 a month I think, but hey money is just a number that far in the game.

My current hungarian run, for the achievement mostly. Due to some luck i was able to declare on burgundy to steal their puppy spain. then only a few years ago i noticed russia had no heir, but his king was 22. he died the month after, lithuania tried to steal but wasn't succesfull. I also have the same dynasty as france, so there's a big chance i can PU him aswell.

I've never done a WC, besides with the HRE exploit some patches ago. Do you guys think I can still pull it off?
FBF3916C3A2E78F75846A247F8B61DC8AC929C95

First time Burgundy, how did I do?
9C8E94D9F915967F2F954C4760265908316A713A

5B485E05A52AF2FBF3D2E50FDEF84E851AA482A6

antxt.jpg

It might be worth noting that Canada & that light blue area in Brazil is mine aswell. My vassals were more into the colonial game than I. Also Tunis is a vassal.

I can't stress how much of a bro Sweden/Scandinavia has been in this game. Always by my side, they are to blame for much of my early sucess. Heck at times they even marched in to deal with rebels in my lands. I was hoping to form a PU with them, and it looked like it was going to happen multiple times, but in the end it never did.

This has truly been a game of blobs. Every blob blobbed in every way, Spain conquered Portugal & much of France, Pope united much of Italy, britain went crazy colony-wise. Almost all of America was theirs untill I broke their navy & army and all of their colonies broke free. And everyone has been allied to everyone, so expansion was VERY slow. Even now I didn't even bother attacking Ottomans because they were allied to Scandinavia, Novgorod AND Poland.

Also, don't worry, I let our favourite Big Blue Bermuda live. (yes, it prevented me from forming Netherlands/France, but I found so funny I simply left them there. They haven't even cored Bermuda)
B095A451559309E3063237DB125B9BF747FF39EB

Reactions:
how do I post a screenshot?

Upload your screenshots somewhere and use the image tag to link them in your posts.

The best part is that they're hostile towards you.

The Black Knight in Monthy Python and the Holy Grail comes to mind--come on, we can take you! We dare you to declare on us!

was not playing EUIV for a while, so decided to give new CommonSense DLC a try.

Behold, "The Abandoned Gameplays Galore":

Muscovy:
MOS.gif

Old, good fashioned steam-roller. Norway and Denmark are my vassals, I am in the process of returning cores to Denmark and Norway, afterwards annex and move trade capital to Lubeck.

Papal State:
PAP.gif

Conquering of Italy is far from complete, but still Papal States are #1. North Italy is insanely rich.

Ottomans:
TUR.gif

Good opener for a WC: these Ottos are Catholic, able to RM Western Powers and potentially enforce PUs. Though I am not good at Game of Thrones...
At this point I've learned you can destroy Castles, instead of paying insane upkeep money.

Ethiopia:
ETH.gif

ETH2.gif

Gameplay objective was to culture-shift to Egyptian and make Jewish Arabia (trollface) :))))

Novgorod:
NOV.gif

If you manage to beat and eat Muscovy, Novgorod is way more powerful steamroller compared to Muscovy itself. Smashed PLC on 1:1; in the process of finishing Economic/Plutocratic ideas to unlock +0.2 RT policy. My infantry is 100% mercenary, since dawn of times, yet I am bathing in money...

Norway:
NOR.gif

made a mini-mod, changing one Jatmland province in Norway/Sweden region to Norse paganism and allowed Norse zealots to enforce demands.
wanted to try playing Norse but the attempt failed: I am gaining territories faster than rebels convert these for me:
NOR2.gif

Novgorod is a vassal that must be integrated soon due to the risk of reaching 300 development and becoming unmanageable, that will delay conversion to Norse even more...

Bahmanis:
BAH.gif

Bahmanis is a monster. Learned how to develop gold mines --> steamrolled over everything using gold and vassal feeding.

Galycia-Volynia, my favorite:
HAL3.gif

Started as 4PM Galycia-Volynia vassal released from Poland, fought a tough independence war supported only by Hungary, trashed PLC into 100% warscore using only Hungary. PLC is totally NOT OP.
After integrating Byzantium vassal, my homeland will become #1 :))

Ajuuraan:
AJU.gif

Conquered all but one gold mines of East Africa and gradually developing these for max income. Infantry is 100% mercs. Inflation is just a number :)

Orissa:
ORI.gif

Insanely hard opener: despite I have successfully trashed Malwa-Bengal alliance, a more powerful Bahmanis-Gujarat-Jaunpur triangle emerged.
Maybe trashing Malwa was a bad idea, a good opener for Orissa could be to pave a way into Indochina and grow there...

Perm:
PRM.gif

Two god-like rulers of Perm, but PLC is not willing to support my independence. Yet at the same Muscovy is not starting to annex me or any other vassal for some reason. I am in the process of unlocking Influence/Aristocratic ideas to become Noble republic, so I can constantly re-elect DIP rulers and forge a strong network of allies to help me eat Muscovy.

Karaman:
KAR.gif

Two "dumb" rulers of Karaman, yet it is very good nation to play: forge alliance w/ Mamluks and attack Ottos as soon as they DoW on Byzantium.
Byzantium is a vassal ready for core return...

Overall, the game is boring ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: