• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Here's my Malayan Empire, comprising of South Africa, Madagascar, numerous Pacific Islands, Malaysia, Borneo, Sumatra, Java, Sulawesi and the Spice Islands, as well as one Australian Colony. Also have Ligor as a vassal, but wont be able to expand much into Indochina because of a huge alliance block of Lan Xang, Pegu and Ming, all nations with as many troops as I. Got the Down Under and The Spice Must Flow achievements in this run. Off screen, England has a PU over Scandinavia, and Russia one over Brandenburg, which ended up converting most of Prussia to Orthodox.
911D211AC082D48A10BC6F0FB4AB9A679552EDDA

Reactions:
Welp I've not played for awhile because one of my games got de ironman'd a month ago, So I've returned with a? Scottish bang, Ironman of course.

scot eu4 4.jpg
scot power eu4 2.jpg
eu4 scot 3.jpg
eu4 scot.jpg
eu4 scot 5.jpg

Got to say I've done some pretty decent empires but I'm paticulary proud of this one due to my limited options at the start to expand so the whole snow balling effect takes a lot longer to start.

Reactions:
Hello there, this is my first finished Ironman, Ottomans
Was a way too greedy at some point (between 1500 and 1600), and has been punished by great european coalitions twice which slowed me a lot. I played super safe after that, picking my targets (giant early westernized persian and yarkand empires for example)
Rushed Moscovia to colonise with national decisions only (finished colonising north asia in 1780)

What do you guys think ?

554632eu4mapTUR182101011.png

(nothing in america, I pretty much dislike the new colonization system)
809021eu42.png

755388eu44.png

(3 fanatic protestant provinces in west-africa)
525758eu43.png

I had made an amazing game with the Inca nation (95% of america, half africa and invading great britain in 1730) something like 2 years ago, but the game was corrupted (like many others...)

EDIT : what's positive in this game is that I filled my objectives (religious unity and asian colonization for example) just before the end, using permanently my missionaries-colons)

Last edited:
Fancied up map save of my first full ironman game (Russia, 1444-1821). Goal was to vaguely re-establish the boundaries of the Russian Empire circa 1914 (or if not, at least Soviet Union circa ~1950). Almost successful but was never interested in going to war with Bohemia (my friend) or completely invading Finland. Played this run without common sense, if anyone thinks I should get it or my experience could've been improved then please tell me so! I'm umming and erring right about now. It did suck not being able to improve the development of my shitty Siberian provices though.
DxmrKfH.jpg

AI was really slow to colonise and, after it had, was spectacularly efficient at suppressing colonial revolutions. Mexico, Alaska, Antilles and Colombia were released from France with a little help from me while Australia found its own way out. Picking off PLC took several centuries and I ended up diploannexing Poland after finishing off Lithuania in the early 18th century. Mutapa is fully westernised and Catholic, allied with Spain - impressive. Successful Bohemia (though it probably helped having me as an ally consistently since 1500). Japan's dead and India's dominated by other forces. Russian Greenland!

Ming was massive until I invaded it a couple of times and forced a few vassals to be released - maximum extent here:
oSiEkzB.jpg

Reactions:
Fancied up map save of my first full ironman game (Russia, 1444-1821). Goal was to vaguely re-establish the boundaries of the Russian Empire circa 1914 (or if not, at least Soviet Union circa ~1950). Almost successful but was never interested in going to war with Bohemia (my friend) or completely invading Finland. Played this run without common sense, if anyone thinks I should get it or my experience could've been improved then please tell me so! I'm umming and erring right about now. It did suck not being able to improve the development of my shitty Siberian provices though.
DxmrKfH.jpg

AI was really slow to colonise and, after it had, was spectacularly efficient at suppressing colonial revolutions. Mexico, Alaska, Antilles and Colombia were released from France with a little help from me while Australia found its own way out. Picking off PLC took several centuries and I ended up diploannexing Poland after finishing off Lithuania in the early 18th century. Mutapa is fully westernised and Catholic, allied with Spain - impressive. Successful Bohemia (though it probably helped having me as an ally consistently since 1500). Japan's dead and India's dominated by other forces. Russian Greenland!

Ming was massive until I invaded it a couple of times and forced a few vassals to be released - maximum extent here:
oSiEkzB.jpg

Nice.

How come Portuguese Australia is red and not green on your fancy map?

DxmrKfH.jpg

oSiEkzB.jpg

What does it mean by Russo-hungary russo-byzntum etc.?

Current state of of Tunis > Maghreb game. Second most powerful nation in game, largest and most modern navy, leading the way in all tech and carving a sizable chunk of Brazil for myself. Currently considering entering the Asian arena, taking more of the Italian Peninsula or breaking up Spain.

State of the World.

23vxes8.png

State of the European Conquests.

5cggth.png

Reactions:
CtDf1hA.jpg

Independant Naples. I'm not worried about angering OE. I have Hungry; France and Castile in my back pocket.

Why am I showing France?

Notice I'm their only RM.

Until their 67 year old king popped that baby out; I was going to get a succession war with me as defender against Burgandy.

Burgandy is only allied with Sweden. I'm allied with Castile; Hungry; Milan; Bosnia and would have France as well.

THAT WAS SOUL-CRUSHING.

Here's hoping for an heir death event!

Reactions:
White Elephant achievement run. Johor and Taungu are vassals. Champa was pending an invasion until a truce was over (they'd conquered a lot of Vietnam while they were still my allies).

65YlTnQ.jpg

Converted to Hinduism from a Khmer province ASAP. Theravada is terrible. Conversion wasn't a problem since I picked Vishnu every time.

8y177gq.jpg

The biggest problem throughout the game was keeping Ming happy. Eventually they rivalled me. After that I just had to keep them out of the coalition by managing AE. They invaded nevertheless as I was integrating my last vassal. This is where I decided to end the campaign:

oLLC7yd.jpg

There's a Maghreb nation? Huh.

Reactions:
4U6gGIf.jpg

Shortly after the League War where I played a critical role basically soloing kebab who was in the Protestant Leauge until everything else was mopped up and Austria came to back me up.

Big Tuscany got ripped apart in the peace in the Leauge War, and which paved the way for my Italian expansion; and Bulgaria and Greece [Along with a couple of other nations QQ's side; Greece is a OPM on the islands] popped out of the Ottomans. So instead of waiting for my manpower and such I just made some mercs and capitalized even more on a land grab.

Byzantium is my March. My next move while waiting for truce timers and AE will be to wait for manpower before making my push for Constantinople. They're a very useful tool for my crusades against the infidel... and core returns to a third party are generally cheaper in warscore and AE than taking them for yourself. Debateing if I should keep Byzantium around after the OE is pushed out of Europe; or if I should annex them then. They could still be useful should relations with Hungry collapse; or the PLC looks south.

And let's face it; Byzantium isn't a T1 march; although subsidising them so they can hire mercs for cheaper than I can is fun.

Also; the thing that happened with France before [67 year old king pops out an heir as I'm about to get a succession war] happened again with Castile. Except this time the King was 69.

My allies are Portugal; Austria [Bohemia is Emp] and Hungary, as well as Lucca who I was attempting to diplo-vassalise but then Pisa DoW'ed them; lost; and got fully annexed and now they're too large to DiploVassal because Italian Base Tax.

I have Diplomatic/Quality/Religious/Economic Ideas; and I have a force limit about 50; with Byzantium having 14. Religious Zeal act is pretty awesome; and my Neapolitan ideas helped me get control of the seas over the OE. My economy is great.

Not actually sure if I want to go Italy. I'm sorta stuck in mid-legitimacy; so City of Artists helps. And while the more military focused ideas of Italy are nice, I lose things like Tech discount and Development discount [Which go hand in hand together very nicely. Especially when you throw in -10% Diplo tech cost; and Economic's Development reduction]; as well as a smaller navy limit. Also; forming Italy will put me in direct conflict with France.

Last edited:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=527661068
My Trebizon run, I use the 1356 start date mod. I started out with 3 provinces, and the GH was huge. They are a tough vassal to keep happy so I better do some expanding. The beginning wars were pretty tough, then Eretna and the Mamluks buddied up and that sucked. I'm about to declare war on the Mamluks with their Eretnid march and take as much as I possibly can.
My goal is to just blob, have fun and culture convert. I do plan on restoring the patriarchy and maaaybe colonize.

Reactions:
http://i.imgur.com/SjTNmuA.png

I don't know where to go in that game. I don't want to expand into Persia, I like my eastern border. Russia is allied to Commonwealth (my only ally, also stronger than me). Venice (stronger than me), France (much, much stronger than me) and Spain (stronger than me) form the mother of all triple-alliances that keeps me out of Europe.

eu4_map_PLC_1821_01_03_1.png

My Poland -> Commonwealth Game, managed to westernise when I conquered Danzing, my only regrets was not having enough time to conquer more of Central Asia, a bigger CN Alaska, PU Hungary (tried the entire game) and not mantaining the Jaegellonean dynasty.
Bohemia, Armenia, Wallachia and dat green blur in the middle of my empire are my vassals.

eu4_map_QNG_1738_06_18_1.png

My Jianzhou->Manchu->Qing empire, was quite lucky to have Ming break into a load of smaller countries wich I conquered one by one, too bad I wasnt fast enough to conquer the phillipines and Indonesia.

You could go in India and in Ethiopia/Horn of Africa.

India is worthless because as an Easterner I can't found trade companies, never fell enough behind in tech to Westernize, currently I'm ahead in everything but Dip (and only there behind because I decided to feed basically the entire Caucasus to Georgia and had to pay like 2600 dip or so to integrate them). I also quite like my African borders, Nile and Atbarah serve as natural borders, which every Roman Empire worth it's name should strife for.