• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I got the Basileus achievement during my first Byzanium campaign. However I was too slow for my actual goal: Restoring not just the eastern, but the entire Roman empire.

So I started a new attempt with 1.13 and here comes the result.

EBCC789976C060AA0EDD154C8A1179A2B46A8AC9

Got what I aimed for, so I'm gonna think about how to finish this game.

Reactions:
I got the Basileus achievement during my first Byzanium campaign. However I was too slow for my actual goal: Restoring not just the eastern, but the entire Roman empire.

So I started a new attempt with 1.13 and here comes the result.

Got what I aimed for, so I'm gonna think about how to finish this game.

Get Iraq, western Netherlands and the western black-sea coast, so you have all of the roman empires original territories ;)

Reactions:
Good points, but that's not going to keep me busy for the last 65 years.

So I'll put it on the ToDo-list, but I need more. :)
Persia seems pretty big. Reenact the old Roman-Parthian/Sassanid wars! Or realize the dream of Augustus and conquer Germania! Or both!!

Reactions:
Well, as a side note, the mod I am using is Extended Vanilla Experience. Trying to reform the territories of the Roman Empire, but I highly doubt I will succeed before the end date.
AyMro4Y.jpg

Reactions:
Ironically, this game as Korea began rather modestly... my only goal was to conquer Japan, and then to focus inwardly. But... then this happened:

2015_09_20_00001.jpg

eu4_map_KOR_1821_01_01_1.png

Korea has an incredibly isolationist history, having had no foreign relations during the EU4 timeframe with anyone other than Ming China. Thus, I restricted myself by only allying Ming. Once I conquered Japan, Ming rivalled me, so... y'know, I had to assert myself. Naturally. I kept my restriction throughout, however - I had a few vassals, but I never formed any other alliances for the entire game.

Everything you see as client states was conquered post-1685. I finished conquest in 1775, still having plenty of time to take more, but I didn't want my vassals to become too unruly (they didn't start becoming disloyal until ~1819).

Furthermore, as I was going for the Traditional Player achievement, I was forced to pick... less than beneficial idea groups: Espionage and Maritime among them. I never took Religious ideas, and I conquered all of China and Japan with claims. I also never took any ideas that gave me colonists, meaning I didn't westernize until ~1630 or so. Even when they were my ally, Ming never helped against Japan. I helped them subjugate all of Manchuria, however... that was a pain to take back when the time came.

I also got the Guarantor of Peace achievement, and then my save file corrupted and it lost ironman status, which annoys me to no end. I basically spent the last fifty years on speed 5 just waiting for the game to end. I'm still rather irked about that, so I'm just glad to be done with this game. It was fun while it lasted, so it's really a shame it had to end like that. Oh well.

Annnd a really lazy gif that doesn't have dates because a) these are fun to make and b) I'm exhausted:

eu4_map_KOR_1444_11_11_1.gif

I think I'm getting much better at this game, I might try world conquest soon...

Reactions:
currently doing a raja of rajputreich achievement run.
it's going pretty well so far. I just finished westernizing and ready to attack lithuania, they are allied to hungary bohemia and genoa, I can call in the ottomans. while they are all on mil tech 16 i'm still on 14.

poland doesn't have a pu over lith and bohemia are eating them. saxony is the emperor, there is an independent netherlands wh controlls all of the dutch region. only scandinavia has a bit of north germany that i have to take from them.
70D42B0745F7E7485D1D47BD3C2E5946053CB023

currently doing a raja of rajputreich achievement run.
it's going pretty well so far. I just finished westernizing and ready to attack lithuania, they are allied to hungary bohemia and genoa, I can call in the ottomans. while they are all on mil tech 16 i'm still on 14.

poland doesn't have a pu over lith and bohemia are eating them. saxony is the emperor, there is an independent netherlands wh controlls all of the dutch region. only scandinavia has a bit of north germany that i have to take from them.
70D42B0745F7E7485D1D47BD3C2E5946053CB023

Heh, I love how you are snaking across Asia to the borders of Europe.

There is something captivating about Mediterranean Sea surrounded by a single realm. I proudly present you the Republic of Florence.

TnnRAct.jpg

Overseas provinces make the empire at least three times as big.
iofWRaC.jpg

Immense empire comes with immense conversion potential and therefore endless Papal Influence.
zdvFKhg.jpg

Speaking of Papal Influence, 100% mercantilism country with all possible trade companies? Yes, please. I never managed to get past 50% trade income though.
GKwzrKS.jpg

Apparently, taxation is a really pathetic source of income. Luckily, I'm getting 1.1k monthly from production and 1.7k montly from trade. For some reason I'm not getting inflation from gold mines, but even so Inflation is growing at ridiculous 0.45% yearly. Thank god I'm Catholic, so I'm getting 0.1 reduction from Curia and 0.1 more from Economic ideas.

I'm starting to think the game really needs Inflation unique building back or an inflation reduction policy. Just so you get an idea, 2% inflation equals 70ish ducats monthly in this situation. By the way, I'm paying about 700 ducats for being over land force limit.
Lhu2XIt.jpg

This game was definitely fun, although now that it is over, I can't even think of what else there is interesting enough to screenshot. Eastern Europe has really dropped the ball when it comes to decent borders, HRE formed because emperor's have been dropping like flies.

Edit: somehow I forgot to post the actual endscreen.
SHIBTUb.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
There is something captivating about Mediterranean Sea surrounded by a single realm. I proudly present you the Republic of Florence.

TnnRAct.jpg

iofWRaC.jpg

Immense empire comes with immense conversion potential and therefore endless Papal Influence.
zdvFKhg.jpg

Speaking of Papal Influence, 100% mercantilism country with all possible trade companies? Yes, please. I never managed to get past 50% trade income though.
GKwzrKS.jpg

Apparently, taxation is a really pathetic source of income. Luckily, I'm getting 1.1k monthly from production and 1.7k montly from trade. For some reason I'm not getting inflation from gold mines, but even so Inflation is growing at ridiculous 0.45% yearly. Thank god I'm Catholic, so I'm getting 0.1 reduction from Curia and 0.1 more from Economic ideas.

I'm starting to think the game really needs Inflation unique building back or an inflation reduction policy. Just so you get an idea, 2% inflation equals 70ish ducats monthly in this situation. By the way, I'm paying about 700 ducats for being over land force limit.
Lhu2XIt.jpg

This game was definitely fun, although now that it is over, I can't even think of what else there is interesting enough to screenshot. Eastern Europe has really dropped the ball when it comes to decent borders, HRE formed because emperor's have been dropping like flies.

SHIBTUb.jpg
Cool! Did the AI manage to restore the HRE, or did you help it?

Cool! Did the AI manage to restore the HRE, or did you help it?
Well, I chose to stay in HRE when Shadow Kingdom fired, then added all my provinces to help the emperor out and on top of that did release few princes. While I did help out quite a lot, I still think it took a rare outcome on top of my help for HRE to form.

Reactions:
My TO-Prussia-Germany run with Lex Talionis II. LT is the new vanilla as far as I'm converned, it is not all that changed, but the changes it does have are AWESOME. Being able to more or less reliably PU nations (if you marry a female ruler, you WILL get the PU, no matter what RNG says about it - unless the female ruler rules an EM).

Last visible image of part 1 and first of part 2 are the same one and do not count for purposes of counting.
part 1
part 2

Description of screens in order:

1. I discovered this when Ming stopped being a viable rival out of thin air. Bahmanis were under PU with Ming for about a decade or so before this happened.
2. A screen of my heartlands.
3. Player mapmode
4. If it wasn't for Henry's great stats, I would not have been able to max techs due to over-spending on development.
5. Dip screen. Ruthenia was a lucky acquisition after they lost 2/3 of their stuff to Chernigov+France and were reduced down to 3 provinces(bonus points for the ruler at the time being a cousin of the ruler I had at the time). Muscovy spent about 200 years as a vassal, only to get PU'd near the end of the game (around 1790s? I think). There was a Perm vassal as well, but I console-integrated them into Muscovy and took the dip cost from myself since their ~10 regiments stopped being useful. Catalonia was a change acquisition from a war with Milan that I didn't really need anything from - I played with the idea of taking the Venetian region from them, but I simply lacked the merchants to make use of such an acquisition until the end. I force-PU'd Bohemia to prettify borders (they had 3 German-culture provinces and I had a strong claim anyway) near the same time as I got the Muscovy vassal to PU upgrade/downgrade, simply as a last thing. Latvia and Estonia were contained in a Estonia march, but I eventually console-integrated(with 125% dip costs) it into Finland because it was redundant.

Had a union over Great Britain for around 100 years and ended up inheriting it during a war with France.
6. Income
7. Trade Income. Trolled France out of around 140 ducats by sending ships and a merchant to Paris node.
8. Max techs.
9. Idea groups. At once point a succession of two high-mil rulers allowed me to take 3 mil groups one after the other in preparation for tackling the France-Castille Union. Took me around 150 years to make France plead for mercy after that.
10. North America. USA is a former Friesland colony, Flanders got exiled to the new world before making a comeback in Calais, Newfoundland and some Californian CNs are the only non-independent colonial nations in the region - Mexico, Louisiana and the CN in miami were former Netherlands CNs, there was a formerly-Friesland Canada, but I ate it.
11. South America. Nothing extraordinary, that Colo/umbia was a former English CN I inherited from Great Britain that I released because it did no good to me and there is a smallish Brazilian CN of mine that I got from 4 GBR cores that I released and re-annexed after the resulting nation colonized a province.
12. South Africa. Everyone and his grandmother had bits of it and this is the second time I see Haiti there - the first time was when I played Milan->Italy with LT.
13. Relatively few Euros in the Indochina-Filipino-Malayan region. Nothing much to mention about it really.
14. Ming ended the game as some OPM's puppet. Serves them right.
15. From around the second third of the 16th century and right until the end, the Livonian order kept bullying Lithuania endlessly. Occasionally someone would slap them and cause Lithuania to pop out somewhjere and then it's back on. LO chased Lithuania all the way to the steppes. Talk about tenacity.
16. Ottos failed sooooo hard in this game. Funny fact - at one time I remember seeing Sunni Byzantium fighting a succession war with Sunni Egypt over Shia Georgia's throne. Egypt won. Coptic Armenia is epic and very badass.

Misc notes:

- Burgundy was revived in ducal Burgundy after one of my wars with France and ended up re-doing the whole Burgundians in Portugal thing - only this time they sat themselves there instead of just putting the dynasty. After they maintained the union for around 100 years I console-integrated portugal into Burgundy because reasons.
- France had a PU over Castille for about 200-250 years (don't remember really) and caused many a headache to the various Prussian Kaisers.
- Poland allied Denmark and lost their chance at PLC after fighting Lithuania in the Swedish war of independence. Rivalled them and ate a decent bit before getting gutted by me, one duchy at a time (Greater Poland -> Mazovia -> Lesser Poland).
- Filled the first 4 reforms before reformation hit and stopped caring about the Empire. The last 3-4 Kaisers were sheer momentum and the lack of any real alternative.
- First Protestant Emperor was not Prussian - OPM Bavaria had the honor.
- Like Ming at the end, Persia spent around 3/4 of the game as a PU puppet of OPM Haasa. Who did absolutely nothing with it, probably due to massive LD.
- Like in real history, Sweden was a major power at one time, having all of Norway, Finland down to Neva and a large portion of the Novgorod and Muscovy initial cores. Then I decided to rebalance them.

My 2nd attempt for BBB Achievement, finished in 1484
My 1st attempt in 1.12 failed due to 14 year regency in 1450s but luckily there was no regency in this attempt.

z7TalF2.jpg

French Empire (hit 1000 dev as well as 101 cores) in 1484, nothing really new to others' BBB. Britain + Scandinavia + Naple + Balkan's dirt cheap lands helps me alot

tpwuPlx.jpg

Miserable techs after BBB :p

Reactions:

TnnRAct.jpg

iofWRaC.jpg

zdvFKhg.jpg

GKwzrKS.jpg

Lhu2XIt.jpg

SHIBTUb.jpg
What mods do u have to make your game look like that?

eaDDCIT.jpg

Using Diplomatic map mode because things are a mess with all the troops.

Kinda stalled in growth by HRE alliance blocks; which includes a strong Poland allying the Emperor Bohemia; and Hungry being allied with Austria and me, meaning I can't make a move on Austria [Who has a large enclaive in the Northern HRE. They took Hamburg for themselves with an 'Imperial Liberation' then promptly lost Empeor]

Worth noting is the 4-province Anhalt which is in a PU with me. Silesia is independent and has my Dynasty.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=523666929

An Otto run just because I usually play smaller nations. It's been fun but those damn Europeans have these alliances that are a pain. Wallachia and Shammar are my vassals. After I get out of the war I'm currently in, I will more than likely have a huge coalition.

Also, in this run, the two red underdogs, Burgundy and Aragon, are thriving. Pretty interesting game.