• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
One of the best Japanese games ever, my respect !

Thank you. :rolleyes:
I'm myself a bit disappointed that i left most of India untouched, but i was more focused to maximize my tech and fully militarize Japan(that was fun defeating that huge France using only 180k troops while they were wielding about 340k :wub: ) and not for WC. :closedeyes:

Thank you. :rolleyes:
I'm myself a bit disappointed that i left most of India untouched, but i was more focused to maximize my tech and fully militarize Japan(that was fun defeating that huge France using only 180k troops while they were wielding about 340k :wub: ) and not for WC. :closedeyes:

Try a new game in AOW ^^
It will be a huge challenge to conquer all of Asia that time :p

Let me present my 'minimalistic' Commonwealth:

D3zNcFJl.jpg

Everyone else seems to turn around and immediately crush Russia as the Commonwealth, but that's no fun. So, for my Poland Can Into Space run, I decided to limit myself to expanding into the Teutonic Order (but only taking the provinces necessary to form the Commonwealth in the first place), the Livonians (would've eaten more but they allied Austria/the HRE), and, of course, returning those Hungarians to their rightful allegiance under Poland. I did ultimately eat Bulgaria and part of the Crimea too, but they were asking for it.
Apart from these conquests, though, I decided to just sit back and see how the rest of the world would turn out.

IMaMTRLl.jpg

Allies are France, Serbia (who are trying to form Yugoslavia, apparently...), and a resurgent Byzantium (happily reformed and fed by the good folks running the Commonwealth), while I have a Swedish-formed Scandinavia under a PU (didn't want to risk integrating them and not having enough diplo power to tech up all the way - could've done it, as it turned out, but...) Austria was an ally until ~1710ish (when they united the HRE), then they started flipping between Hostile and a negative Neutral. The same thing happened to Brandenburg/Prussia, who were good allies for most of the game but went crabby after they formed Prussia (though it took longer than I expected, even after they got their cores on me).

uGDKQ7ql.jpg

As you can see, we have succeeded in removing the Islamic influence from Europe. Protestantism is going strong in the British Isles and Scandinavia; most of northern Germany flipped but the unified HRE converted it back. Otherwise, fairly normal religion-wise (though Scotland's actually reformed.)

Q33XwTvl.jpg

The Ottomans were kicked out of Europe successfully, though they knocked me around fairly well early game after my then-ally Spain called me into a stupid war against them (it actually threw me into a Peasant's War afterwards; only the second time that happened and entirely due to the inanity of the Sejm's favored weak-claim heirs. Fairly embarrassing, but I was able to crush the rabble and then put a succession of strong-claim Habsburgs on the throne.) Unfortunately, they seem to have taken their anger out on Persia, having eaten them AND a fully-westernized Kazan who dominated the steppes through most of the game. Spain was fine through most of the game but failed hard in the late game; they flipped to a Constitutional Republic and lost Granada to rebels after having Aragon split out; Aragon then ate most of rest of them while Portugal gobbled up Granada. Morocco actually pushed down into Sub-Saharan Africa, and they and Portugal (I hate that green color...) conquered Mali and the Songhai. Ethiopia has survived and thrived as a protectorate, first of the Mamelukes and then the Ottomans. Those HRE possessions in the Crimea, incidentally, were from a remarkably stronk Genoa who conquered that land from Crimea and ultimately actually went on to take Tangiers from Morocco (though they lost that eventually due to THEIR then-ally Spain dragging them into a stupid war against the Ottomans.)

9qub1Zcl.jpg

5WpPk38l.jpg

Southeast Asia is a bizarre mix of Spanish, English, French and Portuguese holdings alongside a blobby Russia (who can into India, apparently) and colonizing Ming, Japan, Aceh, and Brunei. On the other hand, at least Japan got Hokkaido (for once!)

t8iHKHNl.jpg

Meanwhile, Scotland has large holdings in North America, which is pretty cool, actually. Norway survived on Iceland and the various islands and colonized part of New England. The rest of North America has surprisingly un-ugly borders, too. South America is mostly French and Portuguese, so hardly interesting.

All in all it was a pretty fun game; only the second I've completed all the way through to 1820 and the first I did so on Ironman. While hardly as impressive as a lot of empires on this thread, I think my Commonwealth came out pretty well in the end.
Now, to de-ironman it and run it through the EUIV -> Vicky II converter, once that's working...

Finally finished my Poland Can Into Space game. Note: I completed the HRE reforms 3 days before quitting, just to get that achievement (It's actually the first non-castille/portugal Europe game I've really played, and Castille/Portugal I played to see if colonization/CNs were any fun, not to screw around in Europe).

I got bored in like 1760 and slowed the conquest down a bit. I could have easily completed Shun and at least started Zhou, not to mention vassalized Korea and Japan, if I could have brought myself to care. I did almost catch-and-release England, if only I'd bothered with exploration to find that last darn province they have squirrelled away somewhere.

The Empire:

Vassals: Shun, Scotland, Aceh, Khmer
Protectorates: Funj, Ethiopia, Mombasa, whatever-the-one-south-of-Kilwa-is
Allies: Scandinavia, was Portugal for the last ~100 years until I decided I wanted their land in India in 1817

Diplo:

Stats:

Accepted Cultures: Polish, Russian, English, Prussian, Ruthenian, Tartar, Greek, Turk, Austrian, and that's without particularly trying to gain accepted cultures.

Not sure if I would gain any from unifying the HRE (next monthly tick would end the game, so can't check, but I doubt I'd lose any, since I haven't gained any post-enlightened despotism.) I think there's an off-chance I'd have picked up at least Lombard.

Achievements: One King To Rule, Winged Hussars, Poland Can Into Space, The Emperor's New Clothes, Master of India, A Kaiser Not Just In Name, Just a Little Bit of Patience, Double the Love

Burgundy and Hainaut make great vassals to feed France to. Probably should have tried feeding Savoy instead of Dauphine, for the free annex with the HRE, assuming they'll take Occitain-cultured provinces.

Of the great coalition against me (included at one time: France, Russia, Timurids, Malwa, Vij-whatever, Ming, Ayutthaya, several smaller nations), only Ming and France remains, and France is much reduced. England hopped in-and-out of the coalition against me, but I don't think I ever fought a war against it with England in it. (Japan has of course recently joined, because reasons? Yeah, they have AE, but I can't figure out why they have ~75AE. The only province of theirs I ever took was the Kuril Islands, and I don't think they share a religion (still Shinto) or a culture with anyone... Their joining hte coalition decided me against trying to get the 'conquer Japan' achievement, because I didn't want to deal with it...)

Oh yeah, and those uncored provinces in India are all coring. To be finished ~October 1821... sigh?

C8AFFC7C0C4A86E106C80E91A675EAF5B55E507F

I am going to fight the french one more time before the end just for the heck of it ... (right now they have x2.5 my army)

I have never seen such a France :blink:

Just spam mercenaries and if thats not enough just spam troops of your own..
Ughl.....big blue blob :closedeyes:

btw; your Germany looks great!

And then the whole world!

Easy, I was just testing something out. This method is very abusive of your monarch points (notice that I'm very low in DIP and also gimped to a degree in ADM). To get Ming this quickly it's probably worth that expenditure, but to take the world would mean almost no ideas. I suppose that's possible though in theory, though fighting Europe with legions of unboosted Chinese tech units (or horde-recruited Eastern/Western) would be vexing. Staying up in miltech is doable though, and thus it's possible to just toss bodies at them. Even without ideas, 80 regiments of infantry + arty at combat width with another 160+ in reserve hurts like hell.

I have never seen such a France :blink:

Just spam mercenaries and if thats not enough just spam troops of your own..
Ughl.....big blue blob :closedeyes:

btw; your Germany looks great!

52F6159CE48F16D54BA19BC069427014B08B1A4A

I decided to take the HRE lands on the west (well since I disbanded the empire they are no longer HRE lands but who cares :D) + the rest of the lowlands.

France was a peace of cake. I had a war with it sometime before 1800 (179x) and I almost got wrecked then, this time I managed to beat France while winning a coalition war consisting of Spain, Tuscany and Scandinavia. I used GB and Russia as scapegoats (to keep some of the armies busy while I just kept killing 50-75k general-less stacks :D).

France started with 800k+ army and pretty much the same amount of manpower, after 2 wars with me -> 80k army and 0 manpower :D (DAMN it's so fun to wreck the BBB)

==============================================================================

150% OE is a scary thing

Last edited:
Commonwealth. Nothing special cause I hate world conquests and extremely ahistorical conquests (Alsace uniting Europe - congratulations but I would never ever do something like that for purely 'aestethic' purposes).

it5I02V.png

34SMBNU.png

MB6M8vx.png

I am still proud from making my country second greatest world economy :p

So guys, i am happy right now... In my second try, i choosed another strategy to beat france ass !
First, i started in Saudi Arabia, not in India.
First Day Declared War on Najd and conquert most of their territory and make him my vassel.
And so on.. Vassalized my neighbours, and annexed them right after Castille took all my Land on the iberian island.
Difficult at the beginning, fight many times with the mamluks for their terrirtory with my ally Ottoman´s. Later with the timmurids to get more cores for my vassal persia ( later he had more then 70 Basetax .. Cost my more then 1000 Points to Annex them :p)
After some time of getting bigger and bigger i declared my former ally war and released some nations. (Syria as my Vassel/ Iraq / and so on)
Long story short, i beat the crap out of spain/portugal and france and get the achievment :D
I am so proud of myself :D

An early screen.
eu4_2014_09_21_12_29_59_37.png

Achievment time :D
eu4_2014_09_30_22_15_20_23.png

So any idea´s for the next achievmentrun i should start?