• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First post; image tags for Steam images don't seem to work so I'll try posting as links (I can't do attachments because of not enough posts maybe?).

First, Savoy->Italy in the 1.6.1.x beta. Was emperor towards the end for coring bonus but had no chance of revoking because of how much AE I had.
Italy

Always great to see the restored borders of the Roman Empire (ish). :) I'm trying to do the same in an Extended Timeline game as Naples.

My Netherlands Game started in 1.6, "ended" in 1.7. I could've played a little longer to get a efficient trade rout from India to Europe, but I still made good money through trade thanks to trade companies and my additional 8 merchants.
Went reformed for 1.6 and Dutch Republic which got special treatment in 1.7.

k2OZZdXtXTe3wkMn

KDyZ2pYhP86htYrd

8dl6CL2ZSAIYGOLm

o3r7Grn4FOsNMAGN

D3kNhAb4SPuIZqxP

S9rwdrbtExsynhlS

Wqk4zPQGkCFGtobU

ox6RPuzLWnqNdBI4

lKfIVVvqVe6Pf93v

8ppawACHOLHLQU1c

Startet as Utrecht, Burgundy Heritance happened way to quickly for my taste. Used France to beat up Austria, had over 200 years of good alliance, they had the highest trust level towards me and then throw it all away because they wanted Chittagong in India after taking the India mission. But that was still in 1.6.
Colonization was pretty good, could get much of North Africa considering exploration was my fourth idea group.
Most of Asian provinces are for the trade companies. Beat up Spain and took their coastline for Power Projection. Ottoman provinces were for forwarding trade through Suez, also build the canal just for fun.

My Chimu Empire. Sadly, Portugal blocked my route to N-America for quite some time, allowing colonial nations to form. As I don't like them I moved to the old world.

chimu01.jpg

My European holdings:

chimu02.jpg

and some Pacific colonies:

chimu03.jpg

I used a mod that replaces France with Rev France at 1444. Rev France's starting position was pretty OP but it was still a fun game mowing down everyone :D

zbvgwob.jpg

9KDuL9y.jpg

I tried to make my borders as pretty as they could be. I also edited the name files for Rev France, so names like Francois, Nicolas, Louis, Auguste, and Charles have a chance to show up. My current ruler is Louis XIX Bonaparte!

Reactions:
Shimazu -> Japan, first game played to 1821. Randomly got "the princess is in this castle" along the way, and that princess empress (Okiko, 5-3-1) is still alive and 73-years-old, she was 12 when previous ruler died.
54FDA71986BA41150B2917778DA1F923E287B8D3
4712401A5010CA65A6FDEF7DE4803A6C5BA0315F
18FEB8C8A8F75B41A4EAA36B195A6E09DE4BF54B

Last edited:
Shimazu -> Japan, first game played to 1821. Randomly got "the princess is in this castle" along the way, and that princess empress (Okiko, 5-3-1) is still alive and 73-years-old, she was 12 when previous ruler died.
54FDA71986BA41150B2917778DA1F923E287B8D3
4712401A5010CA65A6FDEF7DE4803A6C5BA0315F
18FEB8C8A8F75B41A4EAA36B195A6E09DE4BF54B
Do you even get anything from Louisiana? I know the west coast and Mexico feed into Japan, but where is the rest going?

Do you even get anything from Louisiana? I know the west coast and Mexico feed into Japan, but where is the rest going?
No trade, yeah, but I still get a little bit of tariffs from Louisiana. The trade from west coast/Mexico is insignificant (~8 trade value) anyway (total trade value in my main trade port (Samarkand) is ~230), but Mexico gives a lot of tariffs.

why do we never see the rise and fall of empires ?

I m so sick of these perfect,uber stable empires

We're playing a game. A game where the person running the country is identical across hundreds of years, and said person's incentive is to maximize the long-term success of the country rather than his own or even his current people's individual welfare. This person is aware of potential future problems and even future technology and land, and can make plans to stabilize the country that would come to fruition after any one king's life time, repeatedly. History has never, ever seen such a ruler obviously, and as a result ahistorical outcomes wrt to player nations should be an expected norm.

Why would you expect the rise and fall of such an empire in the same context you'd have expected it when actual empires are run by actual people who have very different incentives and a far more limited time to act upon them? This game is about building empires, and it has plenty of random idiocy in it already that undermines the control premise of the player.

No trade, yeah, but I still get a little bit of tariffs from Louisiana. The trade from west coast/Mexico is insignificant (~8 trade value) anyway (total trade value in my main trade port (Samarkand) is ~230), but Mexico gives a lot of tariffs.
I forgot about tariffs, my colonial empires were always bound by trade routes because I keep thinking they'd be useless outside of that.

I've seen many falls of empires in EU. Especially when i helped them to fail :p Ottomans can fall, Poland/Commonwealth can fall, England/GB has problems many times in my games. The problem is that bigger empire = bigger army, which can destroy rebels and at least defend country from losing too many provinces in war. But it's not actually problem, it's normal.

My first Ottoman game in EU4
Have just some formable nation mods on.
Granada spawned back so I allied them and help them reconquer Iberia.
Need to crush Mameluks and/or Yugoslavia soon. 2 differents fronts could be dangerous.
Just released Tripolis from the Mameluks and vassalized them.
qYrURDi.jpg

1N565Jf.jpg

I dont know but I got really lucky with my kings and got massive monarch points and I am leading tech. Is that normal for Ottos?
4402wNJ.jpg

Behold the "Great Khan(ate)". Sadly it doesn't seem very likely to reproduce the conquests of Temüdschin with one ruler only.

89656E855D247A805197AED1667948E27F56E167

Sadly a combination of the new truce timers and me starting to break truces to late in the game led to a not quite finished conquest of India and south eastern Asia.