• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I really like the OPM in the new world kind of empires so here is my Utrecht:
hrEIilV.jpg
I became a reformed archbishopship(!),my capital is in Havanna.
Danzig somehow came to life and survived. Naples formed Italy but Austria went berserk and crushed them and the Ottos late game, Russia PUd Poland and bullied Ottomans with Najd, France is just the usual.
PwkHNWd.jpg
Protestants failed hard, but reformed was really strong in this game (I have nothing to do with it). Even Poland and Ukraine went reformed.
ehRDEOT.jpg
So many green on one screen: Portugal, Brabant, Italy, Meissen, Ukraine,Croatia, Ottomans, Kilwa, Najd, Persia, Afghanistan, Russia, Delhi, Oudh, Qara Qoyunlu, Trebizond (if it counts) and Ayutthaya (sadly forgot to minimise the message box, but a really small fragment is visible)
efh6KIp.jpg

Horde game. Reformed gov. Westernized. Ryazan, Perm - vassals. PU with Timurids. I think I have a good chance to get "Great Khan" steam achiv.

You shouldn't have any trouble with that position, even if you must core all of China you've plenty of time to do it and then some. Might want to rush before the new 15 year truces though ;).

I have just sat on my chair on my usual free time after the work, after my kid and wife went asleep to have a nice relaxing 1-2 hour session of EUIV. Before I started the game I checked the forums ... and man those 1.7 patchnotes are brutal. I just wanted to say goodbye to all those magnificent empires build by all the community (the vocal part that spends its time not only on playing the game but also creating, sharing, improving the community and the game .... well I thought so at least for the latter up until some worldchanging posts by Johan). The landscape in this Thread will be dramatically diffrent after tomorrow till Pdox realizes their error. The 1.7 is a mistake. They won`t admit to it, Johan states that they won`t change the decision ... but at least I can change mine. I was 10000000% sure that I will buy Res Publica and propably any other flavour DLC that comes with it tomorrow ... but now I know this is the time to end this relationship. EUIV you were sometimes kind to me, thrilling, exciting, sometimes boring or annoying as hell, recently more and more wearisome but now .... I bet that a mod will be developed after 1.7 gets realeased that automates the empire managment till truce times go away or a very significant rise in total conversion mods usage such as MEIOU and Taxes and VeF.

Ok, now to stay on the Threads theme I present you my humble 1.6.1 started game as Poland that I`ve put on hold after getting The Royal Struggle event in 1600. I came back to this game after finally 1.6.2 was pushed through. My best game ever, still with a space to improve but the best for sure. So here is a link to another thread in which I described how I achieved my empire to 1600 status. My goal was to make this game my Commonwealth as big as it can possibly be. But now I`ve lost any will to follow this one up. Enjoy!

It's 1400, and a week has passed since Byzantium no longer exists. The Moroccan-Abbasid Sunni advance into Europe is accelerating. Will Bulgaria reconquer Bulgaria? Will England ever form?? Will the humongous AI Germany awaken from the depths??? Only time will tell, with 715 years to go anything could happen. Discuss!

8F5683610DE1BE88EF97699BF44EFEE32370B921

778E217A79DD004F83F3308351C46D957013EB45

88BE2DF3A4663EF53686F7D57F7D54B01BE2A759

CE5216D69B5F818C09209D153BBA59D13A5271FD

My 1.7 Poland -> Commonwealth game.
It's honestly not as bad as people make it out to be, it's around 1613 and I've expanded quite a bit.
I've had a huge rebel problem but that eventually went away, too.

World map
dgknih.png

A closer view of the map
2whmu1j.png

I'm still eastern, but I haven't had too many problems with that.
I have the biggest army in the world, and I'm quite proud of the fact that I out-manpower both France and Russia right now.
I've had a steady alliance with the now weakened Austria.
I tried to rush and stop Russia from forming, but as you can see it was too late, not really a problem anyway.

Where should I focus expanding on?

Last edited:
I started an Uzbek game with the intention of forming Bukhara, and it turned out better than expected. I had a rough start (all of my neighbors hated me), but the tide turned in my favor when I got lucky enough to "liberate" Bukhara (the province) from Timurid tyranny a mere five years before I could make the "Form Bukhara" decision (1500). Then the tide turned against me once more, because I had to release Sibir in order to form Bukhara, and I spent a couple decades reconquering the land (vassalized Sibir through war, then diploannexed). Once that was dealt with, I was in great shape. Forming Bukhara upgraded me to the Muslim tech group and the Iqta government, which is a huge blessing (no more annoying horde politics). Most of this was done pre-1.7. I'm curious about how the changes will affect my future Holy Wars with Ming.

riw39z.png

I took Exploration and Expansion ideas, followed by Trade and Religious (I want to conquer and convert East Asia). Russia is weaker than usual thanks to its strong European neighbors and my colonization efforts. I've colonized much of the Pacific region and I'm currently focusing my efforts on the US West Coast. Elsewhere, Austria is unstoppable, Scandinavia is kicking butt, and the historical European colonizers are doing what they do best. The Ottomans, Hedjaz, Baluchistan, and Malwa are my allies and have blobbed a bit because of it (although the Ottomans would've done so anyway).

2i1gk9g.png

Now, I'm wondering if Westernization is worth the effort (I have a colonial border with Portugal, finally). My legitimacy is super low after some less-than-great events, and I don't have the monarch points for it yet. The -3 stab hit would likely plunge me into rebel hell unless I save up enough admin points and trick out my army some more. Maybe I'll stick with Muslim tech and rely on manpower to defend myself from those nasty Western types. I can still easily crush Chinese and Indian groups. My Alaskan colony is named "Yadgar", for the glorious (in-game) ruler who formed Bukhara and did lots of other awesome manly things (according to my mental fanfiction).

Now, to crush Ming, dominate the Pacific, and maybe see this game through to its end for once. That would be a first.

After getting a bit bored of a Venice game, I decided to try my hand at Koch instead. Wasn't as hard as I thought. I'm essentially playing Hindu Bengal with +3 to fashion.

gAF4n4W.jpg

Decided to set CK2 into observe mode and then convert whatever happened at the end to EU4 and play from that - the only cheats I did involved keeping the von hohenzollern's in control of brandenburg (where I put them in the first place at the start) since they were the ones I wanted to play as at the end, but they decided to become kings of Lotharingia as well. It has got me an unusual map to play on at least - some of the key points:

- That is Ireland you can see in Spain and southern France.
- Bavarian lands aren't part of the hre and they are also one of the few remaining bastions or orthodox christianity
- The leader in Byzantium is Kaiser Wolfram II, which is why all their lands are also catholic
- I also don't really know how the middle east became so Catholic - Islam barely still exists in north africa
- France is split into two, so I am hoping the game wont just devolve into trying to contain France by an means necessary like all my other games.

map.jpg

map2.jpg

It's honestly not as bad as people make it out to be, it's around 1613 and I've expanded quite a bit.

World map
dgknih.png

A closer view of the map
2whmu1j.png

I have the biggest army in the world, and I'm quite proud of the fact that I out-manpower both France and Russia right now.
I tried to rush and stop Russia from forming, but as you can see it was too late, not really a problem anyway.

What map improvement mod is that?

World map
dgknih.png

A closer view of the map
2whmu1j.png

You should do a crusade to Konstantinopel and Jerusalem!

First game that I finished all the way. Started as Hesse, wanted to form Westphalia, but "Form Germany" decision was available earlier so I formed Germany. My colony in Africa was inherited from my vassal Austria when i annexed them. USA got their independence from Austria while they were still my vassal so I couldn't do anything about that...

The strangest thing I saw in this game was Scotland migrating to Canada (They had only one province in British isles but got the others back when France annihilated England).

Yeah, maybe not yet, but I feel like the game will get extremely easy with no Spain, no major Austrian expansion, and most of Italy under my control...especially early on.

Hi guys,

I'm new in forum, this is my first post and first game sharing, even I play EU4 for 7-8 months. This is maybe my 200th-250th game. But I saw this thread and I want to share my games hereafter.
This is my Russia-n Empire with Ironman Mode, ended 2-3 hours ago.

Political Map Eurasia is under control completely. Ottomans don't have Serbia and its some East provinces like Trebizond etc. Persia isn't here (a story can be written about it) but shorten, I won a great war against Timurids and its Khanate allies and I released Persia as my vassal in Fars at 1520-1530. I gave them gained provinces from every won against Timurids. I annexed them at 1770-1780. I will share some screenshots about proud Persians from gameplay. At East Asia, I won a great war against Ming, I shrink them as can as possible and I don't have any riot from Han nation, only Manchu riots uprised everytime, after that war I released Korea (after this war Ming couldn't get rid of trouble, they turned into Shun and Zhou as screenshots). Japan, Japan was my ally against Spain colonisation at 1700-1800.

Religions Map There isn't Shia. Orthodox religion biggest religion in Eurasia and World. I will share some screenshots about this (like Orthodox Persians, Orthodox Manchu, lol)

Diplomatic Map
Here we go, Denmark my "great" ally since start 1450-1821. No time, the alliance was intact. We have fought in every war together. While earning something or not (they are gained too much thing (against HRE etc.), lol. France is my "benefit" ally 1550-1821. Every war together we gained too much thing (they gained some Iberian provinces because of me and I gained East Europe provinces "against Lithuania and its big allies (Austuria, England, Bohemia etc.)". Algiers, Algiers my ally against Ottomans war declaring on me. That is worked good enough. Plus, we fought against Portugal and Spain, I and France gave them some Africa provinces after war. They are lucky. Ethiopia, royal marriage with them (aw an Ethiopian in Russian dynasty) against Ottomans.

Sphere Map
Sphere map, that 2-3 province at East Europe is GREAT POLAND, lol. They are my good vassal (+300 opinion). There wasn't enough time for annex them. I could annex them at 1 January 1821 but game is ended at the same time, ........................

Opinion Map
Ottomans are my one rival end enemy in the world (because they are wanting their provinces from real history, there is no other reason, lol). Other bad opinions from "Ming, Shun," Spain and Lithuania(1-2 province "there wasn't enough time for destroy them") and Punjab from Indian territory, reason is fear clearly. Great and so good relations with Europe.

Bad administrative technology because of the behave like Genghis Khan in this game and expensive core costs.

Some funny screenshots from game;

http://i.cubeupload.com/zb9Gpl.png "French Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire"
http://i.cubeupload.com/ZORC7S.jpg "Orthodox Manchuria"
http://i.cubeupload.com/EXHTY9.jpg "Orthodox Persia"
http://i.cubeupload.com/11hp9i.png "Ottomans Ambitions"
http://i.cubeupload.com/kOfdPT.jpg "Persians in Holy Roman Empire territories"
http://i.cubeupload.com/1RIiNV.jpg "Proud Polish Riots" thumbs up for they

Last edited:
No idea. I had checked before and it said if their ruler died it would cause a succession war between Castile and France. I can't say I've really ever had it happen before, but whatever...
Also, the PU with Naples came via an event, which I've also never seen.