• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Livonian Order

It seems that the blob can only change one way: it grows!
I started with modest objectives: survive in the rough neighborhood and if some opportunity arises take advantage of it.
Also become Reformed to see how the changes to the religion were and maybe form Kourland later on.

My start was modest:

Of course... things got a little out of hand along the way:

I was actually just aiming for Master of India:

But I noticed that with the Expansion CB and Administrative Efficiency I could eat up huge parts of Asia without problems.
I also had so many missionary bonuses that I could convert almost all my territory, except for the huge sore spot that you can notice:

To make the sore spot more obvious:

I could have annexed that huge Manchu, but... thank you, game!
Well, I can't really complain that much. Manchu being so big meant that I could take that territory the old-fashioned way: returning cores to my horde vassal. Otherwise impossible with Chinese territory.
Manchu had grown to a quite impressive size at a point:

Unfortunately they could not reform into Qing - I doubt the AI can do it anymore.
The Timurids were also really big, but I wanted the Master of India achievement :(
I reformed into Kourland in the last year, to see the color:

It's ugly, the ideas are bad. If you're a role player, maybe you'll like it :)
End game screen:

Stacked ADM ideas - easily doable as a Western country, very powerful - probably the most powerful combo for mass expansion.

Ironman:

(of course, you'll never know if I hacked the game :D)

Q & A:
Q: Oblio, why don't you blob more?
A: Because I freaking hate the rebel management in this game. Auto management means that a stack in Arabia decides to hunt rebels in Kamchatka, which it will never catch in time - at least not before those rebels start an independence war. "Jackals, vultures" popups cannot be disabled. Also "Liberalism", like the good ol' nice event that it is tried to make my life hell exactly during a huge war.

My humble Friesland>Netherlands game in 1540:

1y02p3a.png

4jE3nbF.png

I've been allied to France for most of the game. Just finished a war with Castille in which I took all of their current Carribean provinces (they then immediately colonised the last 2 islands in the region, but I'm not too bothered about that).

Colonising Suriname was a mistake. A mission told me to do it...

Also check out this religious map:

MDJ2mSJ.png

Austria went Protestant along with a lot of the HRE and myself (I'm not the Emperor and didn't force convert anybody). England fell to Catholic rebels but used to be Protestant. The Reformation barely touched Scandin

My humble Friesland>Netherlands game in 1540:

1y02p3a.png

4jE3nbF.png

I've been allied to France for most of the game. Just finished a war with Castille in which I took all of their current Carribean provinces (they then immediately colonised the last 2 islands in the region, but I'm not too bothered about that).

Colonising Suriname was a mistake. A mission told me to do it...

Also check out this religious map:

MDJ2mSJ.png

Austria went Protestant along with a lot of the HRE and myself (I'm not the Emperor and didn't force convert anybody). England fell to Catholic rebels but used to be Protestant. The Reformation barely touched Scandin
Why was colonizing Suriname a mistake? Don't you want to claim South America for the Dutch? You could also try to conquer Calais from the English - they don't seem very strong in your game. :)

Why was colonizing Suriname a mistake? Don't you want to claim South America for the Dutch? You could also try to conquer Calais from the English - they don't seem very strong in your game. :)

I was going to grab it eventually, but the tropical modifier made colonising it so early annoying because it took a very long time to develop. During which time I was well over my colony limit due to stealing all those Spanish provinces.

I'll probably avoid Calais. Converting Catholic provinces is a pain and it'd just antagonise France.

All that remains are the Muscovy and Asian naval supplies provinces. Shouldn't take me too long. I Own all of Sweden, Denmark, Pskov, Riga, what remained of Teutonic Order, and have painted some of the HRE in a lovely shade of Orthodox.

I am Emperor, I have passed the Revoke Privilegia, and have swarmed everyone. I am at war now with a few European powers, but wont take long to wipe them out and bring them too the fold.

1630 in my game...loving it! :D Could well be on for a world conquest as Norway, never mind Norwegian wood, Also...Worst leader in my game so far! :(

10492131_10204018316199266_6049977230497191768_n.jpg

10478207_10204018315519249_1195879566898900537_n.jpg

France was a mistake (declared on Scotland, thought they dropped their alliance with France, how wrong I was).
Palitinate refused my revoke privilegia (only nation in HRE to do so)
Muscovy is a coalition war.

France Peaced out with a white peace. Muscovy is a vassal after 2 wars. Palitinate is a vassal. Working on Crimea now. Will hopefully have the game tied up with either a world conquest (will vassalise then when everyone possible is a vassal or protectorate...will hit the form HRE button). Woooooo!!!

P4MPTgl.jpg

My Brandenburg game and I formed Prussia which looks sexy. :D I aim to unite germany, but won't actually form Germany, I like the flag and colour too much. :wub:
As you can clearly see a monsterous and scary france, it got into a succesion war over Castille, but I can't remember France's challenger. I'm allied with Russia atm and were both helping each other beat up Poland.
You can't see them, but there is also a giant Caddo (native american tribe) empire in north america, I don't know how they did it, but colonial nations will have a tough time beating them. Also Ottomans failed miserably in an offensive war against Poland: instead of advancing into poland in a disciplined manner and sieging the provinces they needed, ottoman troops just ran around poland hunting polish armies and eventually racked up attrition and manpower losses.

I'm also playing Prussia atm (again). And It was my intent to leave france alone for the game, unfortunatly I became emporer way too early, and have had to bash frog heads often... Prussia + Reformed morale = Old prenerf Prussia Powah! I was 2 techs behind (10) vs france's gunpowder (in the first war with them) and although my troops took some serious losses, would never lose battles. It was crazy. However now, as the land tech leader, with all that morale, I stackwipe armies twice my size.

I <3 Prussia.

I'm also playing Prussia atm (again). And It was my intent to leave france alone for the game, unfortunatly I became emporer way too early, and have had to bash frog heads often... Prussia + Reformed morale = Old prenerf Prussia Powah! I was 2 techs behind (10) vs france's gunpowder (in the first war with them) and although my troops took some serious losses, would never lose battles. It was crazy. However now, as the land tech leader, with all that morale, I stackwipe armies twice my size.

I <3 Prussia.

All must love Prussia <3

Did someone say sand? Plenty of Sand Castles here...

iIUpF1R.jpg

Not even the Americas is safe from the sand invasion and getting in places it just shouldn't be...

oSpSK2x.jpg

Don't mind, New The Mamluks, it's too good to resist not doing that with any of 'The' countries.

World map

9O5YoEh.png

Last edited:
I was going to grab it eventually, but the tropical modifier made colonising it so early annoying because it took a very long time to develop. During which time I was well over my colony limit due to stealing all those Spanish provinces.

I'll probably avoid Calais. Converting Catholic provinces is a pain and it'd just antagonise France.

Have you gone merchant republic and how much income from trade do you have?

BqjiXGf.jpg

Started out as Tuscany and quickly formed Italy. I could never attack Venice because it allied with France early on. Later it also allied itself with Castille/Spain, so yeah. Fast-forward a hundred and something years and I've:
1) Defeated France twice.
2) Defeated Austria and its swarm of allies.
3) Broke the Ottomans and vassalized the Byzantines.

I did play on a little past this and conquered most of Turkey (the rest is pending, waiting on peace treaties to fade), broke France once more and am chewing away at Hungary while waiting for Venice to drop Spain as its ally. One day I'll reconquer Sicily and Venice .. ONE DAY.

All must love Prussia <3

Indeed, here's what I did with the current one.

53K01jO.png

God Prussia cant trade... I tried out the Trade companies in this game... And well, if you're not going to focus everything on them, it just isnt worth much. 2 merchants and about 30 ducats.

However, THIS is what Prussia is good at.

ac9RdqI.png

Look at that Morale... LOOK AT IT!

Oh and I just stopped trying to get "good" generals. Just took what they gave me.

Reformed is now Great.

I took the early game slow, went tall. Buildings and all. And did my africa adventure. Let everyone else have their fun (except France, I picked on him alot) then late game, started clearing out Germany. Didnt actually form germany until about 1700. Then I cleaned it all out in one massive war with the free claims (and admin efficiency making OE painless). While I let the AE settle, I went to india (about 1714, Suez Completed in 1720).

God Prussia cant trade... I tried out the Trade companies in this game... And well, if you're not going to focus everything on them, it just isnt worth much. 2 merchants and about 30 ducats.
Haven't you built any buildings in the last 100 years or how do you get so much money? What are your merchants doing? Steering or collecting? Somehow i never have those amounts of money with similar sized countries.