• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think I haven't posted this one yet: my 1821 CK2 Scandinavian empire, started wit Harald Fairhair in 867.

This is how the world looked like in 1444:

2013081300002.jpg

2013081300001.jpg

And 400 years later:

2014030200007.jpg

2014030200013.jpg

Political world
Religious

The colonial empires of Scandinavia, Galicia and Valencia.

Rus really doesn't colonize if converted?

Anyhow, here's my (Ironman) Bohemia Empire:
IHlKqI3.jpg

Pretty impressive. I haven't seen too many where the HRE is completely conquered without forming the HRE but you came pretty close.

This means you have to either:
1) become emperor and make everyone your vassals and slowly annex each one (which is difficult because they end up having -200 relations constantly)
2) dismantle the HRE and force annex every one (which is difficult because HRE lands are some of the most expensive to core)
3) mixture of both of the above

Conquering the whole of the HRE without forming HRE is surprisingly a difficult task...

Conquer Vassalize annexed
Unstoppable war before Westernize
First idea is expansion
Also 1570 this mongol empire already westernized. (by attach Prussia)
1610 now we have alliance with Austria and England and already help to destroyed France.
(I became leader of this war)
our technology now near every western and military tech is at the limit of that time.
Mughal will be conquered after I annex Russia. :)

Near to get Pu with Ottoman but they break our royal marriage and set me to rival.
(have my dynasty in ottoman)

Last edited:
Brandenburg->Prussia->Germany for the Early Reich achievement:

E2F5CA1CC416052C49101B39A38942527B097995

Great timing too, I wanted to finish before the new CK2 expansion was released :D Austria is trouble (not the HRE though, that's OPM Palatinate), so if I continue past this point crippling them would definitely be on the agenda.

Do you know Kanem Bornu, that small sub-Saharan country in the middle of Africa? The blue one that looks like a snail. The one that starts with a province occupied by rebels.

Here's what it looks like after a few hundred years:

The white man has been kicked out of Africa. Only Mahe, that small island to the East of the continent escaped the Kanem Bornese wrath.
All infidels have also been removed from the continent:

I was allied for a long time with the Ottomans. Unfortunately for them, no White man or Asian man can rule in the land of Kanem Bornu.

All white men tremble when hearing of our country's name!

in year 1660 golden horde form personal union with Ottoman and the blue color in indea (about half Indea)
Last king of ottoman got 6/6/6 in skill
He die at age around 42 make me laugh:)
Now we rule nearly half of the world :p

Impressive!
Any achievements unlocked?

Do you know Kanem Bornu, that small sub-Saharan country in the middle of Africa? The blue one that looks like a snail. The one that starts with a province occupied by rebels.

Here's what it looks like after a few hundred years:

The white man has been kicked out of Africa. Only Mahe, that small island to the East of the continent escaped the Kanem Bornese wrath.
All infidels have also been removed from the continent:

I was allied for a long time with the Ottomans. Unfortunately for them, no White man or Asian man can rule in the land of Kanem Bornu.

All white men tremble when hearing of our country's name!

Unfortunately, no, the achievements in Africa are for Mali, Songhai and Kongo.
Kanem Bornu has generic national ideas even :(

I was mid way through the Kanem Bornu campaign when I noticed that Songhai:
- has awesome national ideas
- has its own achievement
- is a monarchy so it doesn't need to reform the government
- has an awesome -tech cost/-idea cost event

I think that if I had started with Songhai I could have easily conquered my way through Europe earlier. Oh well, live and learn! :)

So I went back to my France game and decided I would take on the monster that was Austria (with integrated Russia). Many, many, many wars later, the game finally ends, with me at war with Austria again (shocker).

That said, I was almost done crushing the remains of Austria in Central Europe when time ran out... So I formed the HRE for fun. A war against England in the early 1800's destroyed my navy... sigh.

The world!
B6wNhVY.png

Central Europe
H4e8SIH.png

A healthy protestant Europe!
Araf0eu.png

Vassals & Allies at the end, though many are HRE vassals
1PU7V7c.png

Forming the HRE for fun!
cbkCZxw.png

Final Stats
R1Ia0Yj.png

France is incredibly powerful, but man, going into the HRE is a slugfest.

Should have converted it to V2!

I just finished my [COLOR="#AFoFoF"]Poland[/COLOR] → [COLOR="#AFoFoF"]Commonwealth[/COLOR] Ironman game:

It goes without saying that I could have been much more aggressive. I was going for the achievements "Poland can into space" and "Winged Hussars", and, being that this was my first game going to 1821 as a nation in the Eastern tech group with no intention of Westernizing, I wanted to ensure that I had the necessary monarch points to hit level 32 in all three technologies. Besides, if I had expanded further west, we wouldn't get the benefit of seeing the fruits of Austria's labor as the Holy Roman Emperor. It's rare in my experience that an AI nation successfully forms the HRE country if the player is playing as a European state. Note also the rather large Armenia, which I didn't have the heart to destroy. I thought about guaranteeing them to protect them from the Ottomans but the Armenians stuck close to Russia throughout the game:

The endgame scoreboard:

A rather interesting development that I believe occurred in 1483, after an interregnum. I had been Austria's stalwart ally at the time, and we had a royal marriage (a situation which was reversed once I inherited Bohemia and, as a non-HRE state, instantly became the primary target of the HRE's ire, which resulted in the alliance network that would last until 1821 -- the Commonwealth allied with France versus Austria/HRE allied with Russia). The Polish von Habsburg dynasty lasted until the end of the game:

Religion in Europe with the Curia, which I controlled virtually the entire game, and the world religion map:

Accepted cultures in the Commonwealth:

Commonwealth domination of Eastern Europe's trade. One thing I'd do differently if I played through this game again is take all of Scandanavia, vassalizing Norway and feeding it Sweden's landlocked provinces while I annexed the entire Baltic coastline, and then move my capital from Warsaw to Danzig/Gdansk, changing the culture there from Prussian to Polish, of course (I lost Prussian as an accepted culture when I took three provinces from the HRE nation):

Lastly, for the lulz... The mid- and late-game were defined by constant wars with Austria/HRE and Russia, most of which I was dragged into by the most aggressive AI ally a European player can have the lack of foresight to befriend, France (though the Blue Blob wasn't so Big in this game). Calling the Austrian Emperor's generals "godlike" would be a gross understatement, and, despite the fact that I tried to limit my creation of generals to moments in which I had as close to 100 army tradition as possible, I never got a general with a fire score above 2 during that entire conflict-plagued era. I sure was besieging provinces fast, with several 4s and 3s for generals' siege scores, and my 4 regiments of cavalry per 64,000-troop stack were benefiting from some insane shock bonuses, but during the all-important fire phase of battle, the Austrians generally ate my lunch. Here are my generals in 1815, years after the final continental war had heard its last shot fired:

All in all, not very impressive in the "empire" department, but it was a fun game and I achieved my long-term goals.

My first ever Ironman game, I finally feel worthy posting here :3

Granted It's as BBB, but still, one has to start somewhere...

1. France is The Emperor.jpg

Last edited: