• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you form the HRE, does it use whatever ideas you had before, even if you weren't a German country? Also, the main problem with a WC is taking enough land fast enough, and the Ottomans main drawback is that they're Muslim. That means no PUs with the other European countries and very, very little chance of a Muslim one.

I thought I'd finally turn on ironman mode to get some achievements. Having noticed that very few people have the "own Timbuktu as Songhai" achievement, I thought I'd give it a shot. It turned into this:

pNO0rLS.png

(My holdings marked with a glow to easily show my colonies as well)

The game got very frustrating during the last 100 years, as Portugal and Britain constantly declared wars to reconquer their cores. Eventually I always defeated their uncoordinated landings and won, but could not, for some reason, demand that they revoke their cores.

My personal biggest achievement during this game was this:

u0O1gN9.png

Resulting in this after 6 years of war:

4ddgwdd.png

In total, I got 17 achievements during this one game.

My Serene Republic:

Got Ragusa, the islands, and beat up the northern Italian states, especially the ones in Venetian nodes so I could increase trade power there. Later picked up more in Genotian node but more for manpower than trade. Allied with France at first to beat Austria in order to accomplish this (helped them conquer low countries so it was fair). Then went after Ottomans once I had my navy idea (went trade first) and my national ideas maxed (33% galley fighting mmmm). Took Greece to up power in Ragusa & Constanipole + freed Serbia as vassal) then wrested the old Mamluk lands (Turks had recently beat them) along the Nile to up power in Alexandria. After that onto Aden, and then India collecting the spice provinces first (finished with 57% of spice trade). Focused on building up trade & production in provinces, although by mid 18th century I had done that just about everywhere and had basically nothing left to spend on :(. By 1820 I was carrying like 50 regiments of mercernaries, 50 over force limit,three +3 advisors, still making 100 gold a month, didn't drop below 10k in bank even when I was going nuts towards the end with mercs in pointless European land wars, gifting my Serb vassal thousands. Oh yeah I also had like 600 ships, 300 over force limit (300 light ships, 200 galleys, about 30 heavy, rest transports).

Overall really fun game though, I wasn't the biggest dog on continent so needed to pay a lot of attention to diplomacy there, while also had fun goals in the east. Finished 2nd in points, 6900 to Castille's 7400. First EU IV game so also first ironman game, really like it since I sometimes did find myself save scrubbing in CK2.

eu4_map_VEN_1821_01_01_9.pngeu4_14.jpg

655DF002E2FD26D2CB120EB1634B9542965D2D17

The mighty Japanese empire started as Ouchi. Was too lucky to PU both Ming and Oirat Horde when i finished unifying Japan, then did the same with Dai Viet/Ayutthaya, who were splitting their region in two, finishing with a huge Hindustan, which was the last country in India at that point. The rest is force vassalization/conquest. Westernized in 1530 due to rushing a small army to America as soon as i was able to get Explorers, and force-vassalizing then annexing the Creeks. Was making about +230 gold per month, with the max land/naval forcelimits and all +3 advisors.
P.S: Seriously, Japanese ideas are just plain OP.

I thought I'd finally turn on ironman mode to get some achievements. Having noticed that very few people have the "own Timbuktu as Songhai" achievement, I thought I'd give it a shot. It turned into this:

pNO0rLS.png

How did you do that?

My little Navarra so far, just converted to Protestant because why not.
5o4nA.png

France is a good long-time ally and Granada is a vassal. And of course, we couldn't live without spreading our awesome culture :
5o4oc.png
And of course after I'm done with Iberia, France should change their attiude to threatend, cause they are next.

Here's my Ironman East frisia in 1675. My initial goal was to secure all of North west Europe and the British isles. I've reached a point where it's extremelly difficult to expand without causing too much anger to my neighbours. Most important has been to not end up in a coalition by France, which has succeeded so far. Alot of effort lately has been to bully Austria and force them to release land to other nations. Funny thing is I'm in the same dynasty as France, Spain, Austria and Loraine (which has been the emperor for the last 100 years or so). Was hoping for a PU with them but that would really take out all the fun, so I hope I'll stay out of that. Spain, Loraine, Hungary and Russia are my allies. Munster is my little vassal.

It's been an interesting game so far but I'll see if I'll continue the game since I've got to wait for so long for the AE to cool down.

7272F91AA04D3C636C8CA1341978FBE9E96F1889

When I first saw the picture I thought you were just England. Then I looked again. Impressive!

My little Navarra so far, just converted to Protestant because why not.
5o4nA.png

France is a good long-time ally and Granada is a vassal. And of course, we couldn't live without spreading our awesome culture :
5o4oc.png
And of course after I'm done with Iberia, France should change their attiude to threatend, cause they are next.

I'm hoping history happens in your game and you get a PU with France! *cough Bourbon cough*

pNO0rLS.png

The game got very frustrating during the last 100 years, as Portugal and Britain constantly declared wars to reconquer their cores. Eventually I always defeated their uncoordinated landings and won, but could not, for some reason, demand that they revoke their cores.

My personal biggest achievement during this game was this:

u0O1gN9.png

Resulting in this after 6 years of war:

4ddgwdd.png

In total, I got 17 achievements during this one game.

Ugh the AI manages way too often to reform the HRE. If it was a player, ok, but it can really screw up late game with their ridiculously large armies.

My Granada game. Hard to fit all my holdings on a screenshot as I grabbed land where I could; Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Africa, and all of the Americas ofc. Stopped playing in 1797 as a massive coalition war every 5 years isn't fun. They can't get a foothold in the Americas. but it takes forever to get a peace offer.

granada01.jpg

granada02.jpg