• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
World conquest as Poland -> Holy Roman Empire

Only achieved by shamelessly abusing the vassal system.

1024x576.resizedimage

Ottomans got PUed by the Mamluks?

No, conquered lol.

Kebab removed!
Did you help in that? If not, it clearly shows they are underpowered in 1.3...

What broke Ottomans was when they attacked Mamelukes and then a huge coalition declared war on them, led by France. They got fully occupied. I also attacked to give Oltenia back to Wallachia.
Mamelukes took 4-5 regions and coalitions made Ottomans release ERE, then later Hungary attacked as well. In next wars Mamelukes could defeat Ottomans on their own because they were already pretty big. And slowly they pushed them out of Anatolia while Serbia and Hungary ate their European territories. And then Mamelukes attacked ERE and took Edirne, Naxos and Athens from them in some wars.
Mamelukes are in the 3rd place lol, their score is above mine.

You did a good job. And so did the mamluks!

Thanks! Yeah, it was nice to watch them grow. Afghanistan (my ally) and Nogai as well.
Afghanistan grew strong thanks to Mamelukes, expanding in expense of Timurids, Baluchistan and Persia. Also they grew even stronger when I helped them to conquer most of Baluchistan.
Nogai stretches to Manchuria, owning almost all modern Mongolia lol.

I didn't play until the end but I accomplished what I wanted out of this game. Playing a republic in the HRE with the +1 tradition per year idea is pretty amazingly powerful, actually. Ridiculously cheap tech. I culture converted basically all my land and still kept up in tech.

0884159E838595F3587B1B65DCF81C7406EFC4A8

So after hearing how OP Prussia is these days I decided to give it a go myself. No vassal core feeding for avoiding ADM cost or anything. Purely military playthrough with a total of 3 diplo vassalizations of 2 province nations (Walachia, Styria and Ulm) and 0 PU's. Everything was either conquered or force-vassalised. No religion idea for the +100% opinion regeneration as some people say is "vital" to conquest oriented nations. As you can see I used none of the things people say are the only way to avoid a massively annoying game where you can hardly grow because of huge coalitions.

Funniest fact: Teutonic order survived, they would've been a lot bigger had it not been for me wanting their land all the time. They ate through Poland (but did not destroy them) and ended up in the Ukraine. It was a shame that they always had land I wanted or I would have nurtured them.

My ideas:
1024x576.resizedimage

I took every single military idea in the game to make my army as strong as possible. I took the innovative idea to keep my army tradition at a steady 100 and I took economic ideas because at the start of the game I kept getting inflation event after inflation event which added upo to 15 inflation. I just had to get rid of it and economy would allow my tax income to get even higher which meant a bigger army. At the end I took trade just for the hell of it because I didn't really need anything else.

My nation:
17EB9E7636CBEEDBCABEAD1B932B8CE43B6B12BA

Everything people complain about happened, Austria inherited Burgundy within the first few years of the game and blobbed like mad in the HRE. Bohemia came close to enacting the ewiger langfriede but I managed to become emperor just before that and held on to it. The entire south of my nation I had to conquer from Austria bit by bit. France was my ally for most of the game except for one time where I ended up in a war against pretty much every single great power in the game and destroyed their armies completely and utterly. Nothing could stand against my armies, I just walked them around the map and anything they touched was completely destroyed, more often than not even in a single battle.

My army was the largest in the world and I could've easily made an army even twice that size but I didn't really see the point in that, I didn't need more troops at all. Didn't become an absolute monarchy untill the end of the game which was pretty stupid, had forgotten all about it.

Now this is all end-game, the beginning of the game was far from easy. I had lots and lots of setbacks, I lost some wars, incredibly high inflation, times where I had 0 allies due to them losing wars and being forced to abandon me and strong alliances in the places where I wanted to expand. But in the end I made it, and how.

The only time I had a fairly decent sized coalition against me was near the end of the game when I wanted to tidy up the borders and took some more land than I had originally planned to. That ended in 1 fairly big sized coalition war which I of course easily won.

Last edited:
Just finished my first Paradox game ever. I played in Ironman Mode. I started the game in 1.2 en finished it in 1.3.

I started the game as Brandenburg and formed Prussia, Germany and the HRE. After that I slowly expanded in Europe. I stayed friendly with Russia the whole game. Also France was my ally in quite a bit of wars. Burgundy did not get inherrited but was in PU under Russia until 1821.

I integrated Ireland en have Finland as a vassal.

0E231EC1A35AD1E1CAA2DB5B4DEF0E01AC2355B6

Last edited:
Here's my Ironman East frisia in 1675. My initial goal was to secure all of North west Europe and the British isles. I've reached a point where it's extremelly difficult to expand without causing too much anger to my neighbours. Most important has been to not end up in a coalition by France, which has succeeded so far. Alot of effort lately has been to bully Austria and force them to release land to other nations. Funny thing is I'm in the same dynasty as France, Spain, Austria and Loraine (which has been the emperor for the last 100 years or so). Was hoping for a PU with them but that would really take out all the fun, so I hope I'll stay out of that. Spain, Loraine, Hungary and Russia are my allies. Munster is my little vassal.

It's been an interesting game so far but I'll see if I'll continue the game since I've got to wait for so long for the AE to cool down.

7272F91AA04D3C636C8CA1341978FBE9E96F1889

Last edited: