• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Finished Ironman Serbia game
Revoked privilegia in HRE
Bad thing is I got regency 12 or 13 years before end so I couldn't take Constantinople.
No lucky PU's in this so it made everything harder. But France was a loyal ally until a point I vassalized HRE
You may see that Bavaria refused Revoke privilegia, but they are in PU with Oldenburg which accepted it so pretty much everyone is a b*tch of Serbs
We are the Serb, you will be assimilated!

31045F674DDA804BCFBBDC3189281E6F6B7614BB

88ECAFDAA6C641A0438019C44C82358476FF48FF

Yes my diplo tech sucks, my every tech sucks. I had a painful westernization but I did it. I had lot of rulers with 1 or 0 diplo tech which ruined me. But whatever, I didn't care about it
And here is another picture for people who hate BGB ( Big Green Blob )

DCA04AB6C38876EC00EDA79B0D58D0F942C1C55B

Behold! Great Ayutthaya! Who began colonizing in the 15th century, and had westernized by 1600:

eu4_33_zps55aa5879.png

The New World thus was quite strange!:
eu4_34_zps7cb511f2.png

World Map by Political:
eu4_map_AYU_1820_01_01_3_zps7137c754.png

World Map by Diplomatic (a.k.a. the only way to see Ayutthaya without mistaking her territories for Portuguese or Swahili possessions):
eu4_map_AYU_1820_01_01_1_zpsa57bb56c.png

Sauna's for everyone!!!

Finaly managed to colonize and core last province on the map. At 1700 I was really scared that I couldn't make it so I started using my 1000K of stashed gold and burned it all down to 100K. Just barely managed to finish colonizing by 1819. This was CK2 convert and this will hopefully fill my needs for WC. No cheating was done throught ck2->eu4

Those who make WC's even with Austria are truly patient people. With my pace I took out last country in 1780 and I had all of ck2 europe at start :D I can truly never make a wc the normal way. :(

Glory for Finland!!!

eu4_47.png
Grats on Finnishing your conquest

My Sweden. Ideas are Administrative, Innovative, Economic, Quality, Offensive, Defensive, Expansion, and Naval, in no particular order. Monthly income, before expenses, is 816 ducats/month. 399 Land Force Limits and 333 Naval Force Limits. My early monarchs were terrific, but my later ones were mediocre and my current heir was terrible. I am able to maintain 100 prestige without decay, and my monthly legitimacy, not counting Prestige, is 4.1 a month, so I can sit at -100 prestige and -3 stab and still gain legitimacy. My stability costs are anywhere from 44-54 adm, depending on weither I had an artist in charge. My base revolt risk is -9, and my accepted cultures are Russian and Tartar. I do have an overseas colony over at Thuan Hoa, but it only exists to maintain my East Indian Trade Company, which is why I have four merchants. Not counting any temporary modifiers or advisors I have 166% Discipline. I can easily boost that to 171% with an advisor.

Ming is vassal. Ming is pretty useful as far as vassals go, they can field 136K strong army, a navy around 80 ships, and they give me 28 ducats/month. Probably their biggest weakness is the fact they are still stuck with Chinese tech troops, which would get trashed pretty badly in a war. I had other vassals but I annexed them, since they were too small to be useful.

In retrospect, I probably should have vassalized Muscovy and fed them the Novgorod and White Sea nodes while plopping my capital somewhere near Kazan, infact I would probably be making more trade income because most of my current trade income is being siphoned by the Europeans dumping hundreds of light ships at Novgorod. Muscovy would have also made an excellent western counterpart to Ming, and unlike Ming they would actually have useful ground troops. It would have also helped my AE since any move I made generated tons of AE.

The PU/Cores problem is pretty evident in my game. Austria PU/Annexed Norway, Castile, and Hungary, and the cores instantly dissapeared so no revolters. To further tighten the screw, Austria than culture converted all their territory to Austrian. Yup, Norwegians are extinct. The Polish/Lithuanian PU held together but Poland inherited Lithuania before it could reach the conditions to form the Commonwealth. As of now, Poland is slowly being eaten by Bohemia (who is Emperor) and Livonian order.

Due to all the happenings, the main colonial powers are actually Netherlands and Great Britian. Portugals still around but it lost a lot of ground when it got cought in a PU with England, but Portugal got out before they could get annexed.

Two OPMs attempted westernization and failed. Nobody else has attempted it to my knowlege.

Sweden.jpg

First EU4 game I ever finished, mostly get bored around 1600-1650 but this time made it, all tech is maxed and 99% of provinces Sunni.Swahili/Mali/Rev.France and Bavaria are allies but only allied the europeans last 40 years for some continental warfare as noone Dow ed me troughout the game.

Got around 700k Forcelimit with next closest being Russia with 200k, went upto 1 Mill troops tho and 450 ships cause income was silly (1350 at highest).

cmwnbkB.jpg

A few wierd stuff was Columbia/Louisiana poping up with tech8 so could not keep their independence for long and the culture shifts were just crazy.Aragon got all of Croatia and changed every provicne to Catalan.Sweden did same in Finnland and Austria on half of Italy.Also not a single PU was formed by anyone throughout the game.

Attachments

• cmwnbkB.jpg
    cmwnbkB.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Blame trade nodes for that. My conquest of Muscovy put pretty much all of europe in coalition against me and I dont think I would have been able to conquer the rest of the Baltic node, so I cut my losses, gave away my Baltic territory to Denmark (hoping the Danes would act aggressively towards the Austrians, it worked), and focused on India instead.

PS: If i did this again, I should have puppeted Muscovy then gave them Novgorod and White Sea nodes, then culture-shifted to one of the Altaic cultures (probably Tartar) which would have substantially reduced the penalties on much of that altaic land.

PSS: Much of the reason is because the Novgorod/White Sea trade nodes are a liability. I had 200-250 ducats flowing through my trade nodes but the Europeans were siphoning at least 100 off of that through Novgorod and White Sea, and embargoes were doing nothing. On top of this, a 200-province empire is downright clunky to micromanage, even with the ability to support 4 generals I wouldnt be able to field more than 240 troops max (in 60-unit formations) without running out of generals. My force limit was 399. 300 is the most troops I can use, 240 for my main stacks, 45K rebel hunter stack, then three stacks of 5K for colony guards.

Last edited:
Quick update of my Austria game as my original plans for Europe have been fulfilled - still have about 50 years remaining for some cosmetic fiddling

jsHspyQ.jpg

So, I have nice borders, and I can march troops within the Empire from any one province to any other without transport ships. However, integrating some of my previous vassals (namely Aragon and Granada) gave me overseas provinces that I am unable to sell to anyone in the world - thus I'm kinda stuck with them.

I'll probably sell Reval back to Danish, maybe Ösel too. I'd make a better eastern border, but Russia has that one crucial province... and I happen to lead them in a personal union. Would be a pain to get that single province, either 1) break off PU and war for the province or 2) integrate russia, sell the single province to danes/lithuania and then release russia back as a vassal.

I might try this anyway, as in worst case scenario I can always sell the province back to someone else for better borders.

Anyway I'm kinda satisfied with having the whole Europe so nicely bordered.

Too bad I didn't get achievement for 5/5/5 ruler for reasons unknown. Unless the achievement is granted upon monarch death? Otherwise maybe the achievement is just bugged.

Would the norther border look better with Själland within the Empire or not? I think the current one looks kinda nice, not to mention taking Danish capital would be a pain. Especially since the whole world is in a coalition against me...

Last edited:
First EU4 game I ever finished, mostly get bored around 1600-1650 but this time made it, all tech is maxed and 99% of provinces Sunni.Swahili/Mali/Rev.France and Bavaria are allies but only allied the europeans last 40 years for some continental warfare as noone Dow ed me troughout the game.

Got around 700k Forcelimit with next closest being Russia with 200k, went upto 1 Mill troops tho and 450 ships cause income was silly (1350 at highest).

cmwnbkB.jpg

A few wierd stuff was Columbia/Louisiana poping up with tech8 so could not keep their independence for long and the culture shifts were just crazy.Aragon got all of Croatia and changed every provicne to Catalan.Sweden did same in Finnland and Austria on half of Italy.Also not a single PU was formed by anyone throughout the game.

I think that's the most impressive Ottomans I've seen so far...how did you do it? I want to play them soon and everyone says they're really easy, but doing this looks hard...I guess it's because you decided to just ignore Europe?

I think that's the most impressive Ottomans I've seen so far...how did you do it? I want to play them soon and everyone says they're really easy, but doing this looks hard...I guess it's because you decided to just ignore Europe?

Rushing Qara Qoyunlu for their persian/iragi province then releasing Persia/Iraq as vassals before they could break free.Now feed them all their cores and try to get Shun/Zhou/Xi from the Ming before they start to collapse (happens a bit after 1600).Also look out for any nation that has lots of cores but small enough to vassalise or any annexed major with again lots of cores (Aragon/Hungary esp good).Basically in short try to expand with minimal coring, let your vassals do it.

Mameluks (-Syria) will have to be cored the normal way but most other areas have lots of releasable nations, the faster you are, the easier it is so nations won't lose their cores and big blobs won't form that have to be broken down first (Hello Oman).

It's still possible to get more in Europe while getting the same in Asia (or more, like blocking off the russians), I just hoped i can save Europe till later but then every nation was allied to like 3-4 majors and with no reliable vassal feeding available (Every Venetian/Croatian province got culture shifted to Catalan/Austrian) I decided to just screw it.Even Russia had Britain/Sweden/Austria/Brandenburg/France as allies for 200 years.I also try to avoid directly conquering Hungary as it has ridicolously poor provinces with 200% more ADM cost that I would need to core myself, not worth the effort (esp seeing how little ADM I had left at the end of the game).

Also its a good start to ally Tripoli and vassalise them quick after annexing Byzantium so Mameluks won't annex them (and in general try to limit expansion into Berber territory to diplo annexing, the province cost is ridicolous.If Spain gets formed thats actually great aswell as you can get an aragonese province off of them then feed them all their former cores, same with tbh any annexed large nation.

Rushing Qara Qoyunlu for their persian/iragi province then releasing Persia/Iraq as vassals before they could break free.Now feed them all their cores and try to get Shun/Zhou/Xi from the Ming before they start to collapse (happens a bit after 1600).Also look out for any nation that has lots of cores but small enough to vassalise or any annexed major with again lots of cores (Aragon/Hungary esp good).Basically in short try to expand with minimal coring, let your vassals do it.

Mameluks (-Syria) will have to be cored the normal way but most other areas have lots of releasable nations, the faster you are, the easier it is so nations won't lose their cores and big blobs won't form that have to be broken down first (Hello Oman).

It's still possible to get more in Europe while getting the same in Asia (or more, like blocking off the russians), I just hoped i can save Europe till later but then every nation was allied to like 3-4 majors and with no reliable vassal feeding available (Every Venetian/Croatian province got culture shifted to Catalan/Austrian) I decided to just screw it.Even Russia had Britain/Sweden/Austria/Brandenburg/France as allies for 200 years.I also try to avoid directly conquering Hungary as it has ridicolously poor provinces with 200% more ADM cost that I would need to core myself, not worth the effort (esp seeing how little ADM I had left at the end of the game).

Also its a good start to ally Tripoli and vassalise them quick after annexing Byzantium so Mameluks won't annex them (and in general try to limit expansion into Berber territory to diplo annexing, the province cost is ridicolous.If Spain gets formed thats actually great aswell as you can get an aragonese province off of them then feed them all their former cores, same with tbh any annexed large nation.

Hmm, lots and lots of vassal feeding, I see...it's too bad we're forced to expand like this...
Do you think it's possible to get all of West Africa? I'm thinking of trying to conquer all Muslim provinces...

lcFXJFV.jpg

Akp5ahR.jpg

This is not gonna be very impressive buts its the first game were i had a major conquest spree. I am Hindustan
[URL=http://imgur.com/k7aawSk][/URL]
Full religious unity as the only Hindu country left. (The Indonesian Hindu state is barely surviving and the Champa are gone. Glory to Brahman! :laugh:)
[URL=http://imgur.com/1M0Tw96][/URL]
Last, cultural unity. The Kanada cultural reigns supreme! The red cultures not yet kanada are the Hinduthasini, those who view hindustan as the main country. They will be assimilated soon :glare:
[URL=http://imgur.com/3wLUH7t][/URL]

30rr0pv.jpg

2v9c6s4.jpg

sfwlsi.jpg

Take over Russia as a Horde, and no one bats an eye.
Take over Russia as Latvia and assimilate the population and everyone looses their minds.

I took over Scandinavia and released them as Latvian, Romuvan states in CK2, and the result is most of Norway being Latvian, Sweden becoming Swedish Romuvan and Iceland in a COLD war between the Romuvan East and the Catholic West.