• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

A game in which I tried a bunch of new things and avoided much conquest. I wanted a compeltely mono-culture empire with everything built everywhere. I sunk an ungodly amount of monarch points into buildings but the net result is that it just doesn't matter if you in a position to trade because trade undeniably trumps all.

I tried some different national ideas, in particular avoiding diplomacy and defensive. Yep, decided I'll never be avoiding them again.

On the plus side, having everything reformed and Scottish means I am immune to Jackals! Vultures!

All the way to 1820 and cotton is still a worthless trade good.

All the way to 1820 and cotton is still a worthless trade good.
Hopefully buildings not being completely demolished on conquest will get demand up. Probably get back like 20% of the value lost in patching trade forward increase, and sudden conquests won't suddenly crush provincial trade power so Aden might keep some more value, etc.

A continuation of my long saga from Crusader Kings 2: the great and truly Roman Empire (restored by Byzantine, Komenos family), the new Holy Roman Empire, Great Britain, Spanish Empire, Persian Empire (Timurid family), Wendish Empire. Still waiting for the Great War between the two Roman empires :)

A continuation of my long saga from Crusader Kings 2: the great and truly Roman Empire (restored by Byzantine, Komenos family), the new Holy Roman Empire, Great Britain, Spanish Empire, Persian Empire (Timurid family), Wendish Empire. Still waiting for the Great War between the two Roman empires :)

Those borders are making my eyes bleed.

best border is that finnish border, YAY FOR FINLAND! I need to make simo of the hayha dynasty in CK2 form finland and bring it into EU4

Wow, these are really nice borders :O
How did the French Rev. go? They look so neat
I spent much of the game ensuring nice looking borders in Europe, I could afford it with my army :) I can't speak for Asia though, that's just luck!
France was in shambles in the 1770s and got a revolution in the 80s, they were already big by then and sadky achieved very little...

post-30103-0-51830500-1379956794.png

First finished Ironman game with Brandenburg, unfortunately I learned how to abuse vassals for dismantling bigger nations (look at france) and super fast expansion (cores) too late in the game, so I got fed up with trying to destroying france in countless warts over 50 years. The best thing about that game was the actual first world war when forming the HRE and there were seriously over one million troops involved.

World map

rzd23rs7.jpg

With vassals

wmuxaf38.jpg

In my 2nd finished game I was at war with the Ottomans for almost 70 years at the beginning of the game ~ Tried to use them for my expanions as a vasall later on because I thought it was funny, but it got too tedious after a while. Unfortunately time ran out at the end :(

World map

lgtcqcr5.jpg

With vassals
vkqdo9ou.jpg

Last edited:
Seeing Byzantisches Reich splashed across the map never gets old.

I play on English because I love the language and the localisation is far better, but I agree that Frankreich sounds far more awesome than any other name.

I play on English because it is the base language (thus often the most developed) and it's the language I know best (from those that you can choose) :p

BTW is noone playing Spain/Castille/Aragon anymore? Haven't seen any of them in posts here

Hard
Historical Lucky Nations
No Ironman
No modifications of the game

bxvo.png

Poland did just inherit Lithuania, Austria ate Burgundy and leads personal union with Castille...

7nkh.png

Catholic Holy Roman Emperor, Spain and Poland versus Orthodox True Roman Emperor and Russia. This is going to be bloody epic.

Especially bloody.

My first game of EU IV, playing as the Livonian Order. And yes, those who knew german can see, that the german translation of the game is - again - goddam awful.

But to the game. Starting in my corner of europe I soon noticed that I was terribly fucked. Everyone around me was bigger, meaner and wanted my land. There where the Danes, together with Sweeden, Norway and Castille of all people. There was Novgorod, there was Lituana (who hat a mission to destroy me and only thousands of rebells in their land saved me there) and there was Poland (after they took over the Teutonic Order). So I took Exploration as my first Idea, sailed as far south as possible (and with the help of Marroko and the Congo that was very far) and colonized. By around 1490 I sold every province I had left in europe (not many, after two wars against the Danish Alliance and one war against Novgorod). And made Kapstadt my new capital. From there on it was a very quiet Game. Mostly colonizing, with a few small scale wars but nothing of note, good to learn some of the game mechanics. Ah, and the reformation failed total. Since I changed early to Protestantism, of course no one else did. There where at the highs of the Reformation 5 reformed Nations, 2 of them OPMs, another one a Two Province Minor. After 1600, I was the only one left and it stayed that way.

That was the end of everything: My African and Indian Ocean/Pazific holdings. Not shown: The Falklands, Rapanui and Tahiti. Ah and for those who wonder about that Japan: That are from left to right my vassals Shimazu, Hosokawa, Shiba and Uesugi. The fifth strip of Land is Portugal, who invaded Japans North.

15xtogy.jpg

2nbyrna.jpg

My byzantine game finished with the version 1.1.3 yesterday. I played with the mod "Roman Empire 1.4".

The empire's core is a mix of Justinian Byzantine and Alexander's empire with some additional territories in Africa, Eastern Europe and Arabia.

290625FF18E48C731030A8F518B8B897A8D7F476

Indian ocean map. Here besides eastern Africa some island colonies like Diego Garcia or Andamans and two provinces on the indian coast.

4594427E117F1855FF304081F5C3704ACDC97A34

Far East. Whole Sumatra and Sulawesi, northern part of Java and other islands of Indonesia, parts of Malaysia, south-western Australia, Taiwan, Hokkaido and some islands in the Pacific.

C70906C0853C9E1FB3E1A85DC6F20582F1104CCD

America. Here only with minor colonies since the trade doesn't make any sense for Constantinople, namely Surinam and Alaska.

860E2E5B1E659B773B71F8A9E4B8CA67F8D84F6E

This is from a multiplayer game. I'm the Hansa, the other guy is Burgundy.

South America
qNAXKBQ.jpg

North America
BjvKMfy.jpg

Europe
qFwJZ18.jpg

Australasia
0IdiJFb.jpg

Any suggestions as to what to do with all my money are welcome.

My HRE in 1816, starting nation Austria.

Normal, no lucky nations and thus no Ironman. But if the god's of the forms will hear my honest pledge, I did not re-load. That being said, the no lucky nations meant that both France AND the Ottomans collapsed mid-game (I helped a bit of course) and Austria has already been discussed as OP in 1.1.3. However, my pride is not tempered by these facts as it was still a terrifically fun blobby game.

[Edit] I'd like to add that I abused the hell out of the Claim Throne CB. Hungary, Bavaria, Byzantium, France, Portugal, Spain and GB were all absorbed through PU. The Habsburgs can definitely spread their seed, but I doubt I'd be able to re-create this in 1.2. Note: the screenshot was taken after 1.2, therefore you can see the *very* cool notifier about provinces you can convert.

eu4_1.png