• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
2013-09-21_00001.jpg
2013-09-21_00002.jpg

MEWAT. Unified Islam, that +5% missionary strength for Indian Sultanates is nuts.

Why is your Cordoba landlocked?

I never got around to Westernizing so by the time I attacked Spain for it in 1790 or so, my 100k stacks were massacred by 20-30k Spanish armies. I won some absurdly lopsided battles and quick sieges but had to end the war before I lost a particularly painful battle. And thus took only Cordoba.

Here is the continuation of my long saga from CK2, consists of several Empires: the great and only Roman Empire, restored by Byzantine Empire (Komnenos family), Holy Roman Empire, Great Britain, Spain, Wendish Empire, Persia Empire(Timurid family). I'm still waiting for the Great War between the two Roman Empires

Trying to get Triumph for Italy, but damn coring duration is already 10 years, even after I made three large vassals. Doesn't seem I'll be able to recreate the roman empire =(. This game was won when I destroyed France's armies and rebels devoured it.

R0yCaXY.jpg

Ironman Bohemia, third try was the charm: finally got through first 10 years of the game without getting dragged into a random war and losing my starting army. The game is still ongoing, but we are already starting to see a BBB (Big Brown Blob) forming:

UqXYqur.jpg

Plan is to take Polish provinces, and then turn attention westwards. Conquering Hungary is such a pain that I don't think I'll take any more provinces there, at least as long as Hungary exists (what happens to their national idea if they disappear from map?)

Btw, is the somewhat early GB formation usual in EU4?

Oh, and Denmark is my good ally. Although they seem to be getting a -25 relations modifier for Bohemia being a 'competitor for world domination' :p

Trying to get Triumph for Italy, but damn coring duration is already 10 years, even after I made three large vassals. Doesn't seem I'll be able to recreate the roman empire =(. This game was won when I destroyed France's armies and rebels devoured it.

R0yCaXY.jpg

Serbian dynasty ruling Byzantium? Serbs here will be proud

B562B5B1625155883B4E9CD66E18298B2E3C6940

It is Ironman. Concept was to create a Persian nation-state that could be exported to Vic 3 if it ever comes out and has an exporter. It is totally Persian and Shiite as well as Western. I stopped playing it to wait for the upcoming patch since I can't make nice with some nations around me because of border friction.

My glorious Ethiopian merchant republic in the year 1820.

pt6d.jpg

Most of the time was spent being afraid of the Mamluks or later the Ottomans colonising everything I could get my hands on. Westernised in around the sixteenth century after a few thousands brave explorers landed in Bretagne and established a trade port there. Sadly, contact was lost a few years after, the inhabitants of the trade port were rumored to have been eaten by the locals. I didn't try to get to South Africe because Portugal would have crushed me like a cockroach. Ottomans covered Egypt, the Levant, Anatolia and all the way to Vienna. It wasn't untill the beginning of the eighteenth century that I finally turned the tables and won a few crushing wars against the Ottomans after which they were reduced to dust and such muslim successor states as Serbia, Karaman, Croatia, Byzantium and Dulkadir took over. Over the last few decades Hungary and Salzburg were expanding on their lands however. While the Solomonid dynasty kings were off fighting during the eighteenth century, the growing power of the merchant middle class resulted in a revolution that turned Ethiopia into a republic. All in all it was an awesome playthrough. The only downside is that the game ended just as I was growing powerful enough to take on the big guys. Next playthrough I think I should try to punish Swahili some more to get their precious gold in which they seem to be swimming in so I can take on the Ottomans sooner.

Other anomalies include Scottish Great Britain, muslim Muscovy, orthodox Crimea (only orthodox country left excluding my Ethiopia), huge Catalonia, Norway the size of Canada and Spain and Portugal making their way to Siberia.

Attachments

• 4nsp.jpg
    4nsp.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
My Swedish Empire with a 1530-something start, sporting the best army in the world winning almost every battle for the past 200 years no matter the odds. In the last 100 years none of my neighbours were strong enough to be a threat, which if I had been more aggressive and not been forced to fight a revolution would have allowed me to expand almost without bounds.

Europe, Sweden dominating the north and the Baltic is essentially a Mare Nostrum. I went to great lengths to deny Russia sea access which demolished their economy in the last 100 years. I fought a coalition of Russia, Bohemia, Saxony, Austria and Great Britain plus others several times with only occasionally Netherlands and Ukraine on my side (sometimes Ukraine was against me, too). I won every time, 160% discipline and 6 point-generals have a tendency to achieve that. The Commonwealth was dissolved between me, Bohemia and Ukraine - I roleplayed this as I could have taken all of Poland myself but I decided not to and shared it with my neighbours. The Commonwealth had been on my back constantly since it formed and I had to slowly chip away at it over the centuries to obtain that nice coastline.

Austria was much bigger previously, owning the netherlands and what not, but lost it all in several coalition wars before growing stronger again by eating Switzerland and parts of Germany. The Ottomans are a paper tiger, in one coalition war they sent ~200 thousand men up to fight me in Prussia and I killed them all in four battles. They are behind Persia in tech which hasn't done them any favours in the past century. Spain suffers the same problem despite inheriting Portugal and her colonies.

ntpv.png

Asia is very interesting, the Mongols are divided in only two factions, the Kazakhs and Oirats, Kazakh even formed the Mongol Empire at one point before imploding giving way to the Kazakhs again. I don't know how the Mughals were so successful, they aren't really strong in the 1530s when I started (do they even exist?) but they certainly did well here. Hindu is pretty much gonners by now. Persia is looking really cool, holding their own versus the seemingly superior Ottomans thanks to better tech.

tc6y.png

North America, colonisation worked really well, Spain and France are just dominating though. I'm surprised that the natives still hold out, I think the Europeans just left them alone. Spain owns all of South America.

onxq.png

Ming formed Manchu I guess, or did Zhou/Shan rise up and then form it? I have to check that out. Japan is really impressive having owned Russia in a few wars due to Russia's palpable tech (15 mil tech in 1800). Surprisingly much like what happened 100 years later.

lnvo.png

And the ending picture. 5th largest army but still unthreatened hegemony over northern and central Europe. France is quite powerful but I have beaten them consistently as well. To be honest it got a bit boring after a while as I was simply not threatened by anyone.

qiz6.png

The glorious chinese empire, in the beginning it was really hard with the inward perfection penalties and the oirat order expanding really fast and annexing both Manchu and Tibet until I got to break their armies and open a space for the other mongol factions/islan rebels, I'm quite surprised they could hold on to see the 19th century.

qGcwg4s.jpg

Ming passed through hard times during the 16th century when the empress died without a child and the empire entered in a downward spiral of lack of legitimacy/loss of the mandate of heaven, I tried to aliviate the troubles by a royal marriage policy, I basically married all of the eastern world, suffice to say, it didn't work out. It wasn't until 60 years later when the third dinasty had fallen out of the power and the japanese dinasty was having a pretty good reign with a solid monarch that resisted inumerous assassination attempts that I got and heir, the child was the symbol of the decay of the ming empire with awfull deformations, his stats were good tho and he would have been as decent an emperor as his father but he died in a horse accident when he was ten, I thought I had some hard times ahead but that great emperor had a miraculous daughter with a strong claim and she saved the empire from the certain doom.

After I finally got out of the downward spiral it was the 17th century, in a few years I conquered all that was left from the manchus (who by that time had been annexed by the oirat horder and broke free) and formed the chinese nation, reforming the decadent celestial empire into a administrative monarchy, China was once again free from the Ming xenophoby and ready to rise again, with the factions still working for me their compesations became powerfull bonuses, I maintained the eunuchs in power, with their -75% technology cost and by the 18th century I was as advanced as the western nations, by the half of the century I was only behind sweden. France tried from time to time to enter in China, but only managed to lose their colonies in Indonesia. I had a personal union with Champa, but thanks to their size and heretic religion, I never got to integrate them as I integrated Tibet.

attachment.php

My Swedish Empire with a 1530-something start, sporting the best army in the world winning almost every battle for the past 200 years no matter the odds. In the last 100 years none of my neighbours were strong enough to be a threat, which if I had been more aggressive and not been forced to fight a revolution would have allowed me to expand almost without bounds.

Europe, Sweden dominating the north and the Baltic is essentially a Mare Nostrum. I went to great lengths to deny Russia sea access which demolished their economy in the last 100 years. I fought a coalition of Russia, Bohemia, Saxony, Austria and Great Britain plus others several times with only occasionally Netherlands and Ukraine on my side (sometimes Ukraine was against me, too). I won every time, 160% discipline and 6 point-generals have a tendency to achieve that. The Commonwealth was dissolved between me, Bohemia and Ukraine - I roleplayed this as I could have taken all of Poland myself but I decided not to and shared it with my neighbours. The Commonwealth had been on my back constantly since it formed and I had to slowly chip away at it over the centuries to obtain that nice coastline.

Austria was much bigger previously, owning the netherlands and what not, but lost it all in several coalition wars before growing stronger again by eating Switzerland and parts of Germany. The Ottomans are a paper tiger, in one coalition war they sent ~200 thousand men up to fight me in Prussia and I killed them all in four battles. They are behind Persia in tech which hasn't done them any favours in the past century. Spain suffers the same problem despite inheriting Portugal and her colonies.

Asia is very interesting, the Mongols are divided in only two factions, the Kazakhs and Oirats, Kazakh even formed the Mongol Empire at one point before imploding giving way to the Kazakhs again. I don't know how the Mughals were so successful, they aren't really strong in the 1530s when I started (do they even exist?) but they certainly did well here. Hindu is pretty much gonners by now. Persia is looking really cool, holding their own versus the seemingly superior Ottomans thanks to better tech.

North America, colonisation worked really well, Spain and France are just dominating though. I'm surprised that the natives still hold out, I think the Europeans just left them alone. Spain owns all of South America.

Ming formed Manchu I guess, or did Zhou/Shan rise up and then form it? I have to check that out. Japan is really impressive having owned Russia in a few wars due to Russia's palpable tech (15 mil tech in 1800). Surprisingly much like what happened 100 years later.

And the ending picture. 5th largest army but still unthreatened hegemony over northern and central Europe. France is quite powerful but I have beaten them consistently as well. To be honest it got a bit boring after a while as I was simply not threatened by anyone.

Wow, these are really nice borders :O
How did the French Rev. go? They look so neat

I finally finished my Portugal game. I was not able to push my trade income above 2500, and GBR, even after losing 3/4 of its navy in a war against me, came back and had half of its light ships (200) stealing from Sevilla, and even with an embargo, they still took 25-35% of the trade there...

By the end, the Ottomans and Oman also controlled 50% of the trade power in Aden, even with my 100 ships patrolling there. Next time I play a trade game, I will make sure to actually conquer provinces in the Aden node. When GBR was not patrolling Sevilla, I was making slightly over 2k trade income. I only have 300 TI at the end of the game because there was a Russian doomfleet that forced my Aden fleet into hiding, so that basically killed all my trade. Even so, I ended the game with ONE MILLION ducats!

The balkanization of France was my doing; I was getting a triggered modifier that cost me 5 prestige per year unless I was at war with or had a truce with France, so I attacked them with Spain for an Indian colony, and because of ticking war score, I got them to release almost their entire coast and then some.

All in all, this was a pretty fun game from beginning to end. I really learned a lot about trade and hopefully I'll be able to make even more money the next time, even with the upcoming nerfs. But now, I think I'll take a break from trade and colonization...

eu4_79.jpg

eu4_86.jpg

eu4_87.jpg

eu4_88.jpg

eu4_89.jpg

eu4_90.jpg

eu4_91.jpg

eu4_94.jpg

eu4_95.jpg

eu4_96.jpg

eu4_97.jpg

eu4_98.jpg