• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
20220412182018_1.jpg

Picture of my Spanish Empire - PU over Britain and Austria, Holy Roman Emperor. Several nations broke half-way through the game, so I wasn't able to complete the Spanish mission tree D:

View attachment 832481

This is my current game i'm building an African trade empire with Morocco and yeah France screwed up lol. They some how managed to get vassalized by one of their own vassals lol

Well, Provence doesn't start as one of their vassals; but in line to eventually to join the French swarm.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Ahh I thought they all where. But then this is probably Castille's fault, they allied England so England won the War of the Roses.

Provence is one of the few that isn't a French vassal at the start, although IRL it becomes a PU under France within 20 years of the game's start. As in Provence's heir at the start is the historical final king.

1650955565222.png

I had to stop it got too laggy, but dear god what is this game? Commonwealth never formed, Spain PUed England and Provence PUed France. I only intended to make one treasure colony to support my invasion of West Africa then all the insanity happened. So I took all the gold :D

1650955799992.png

The only reason the game didn't explode into flames because Spain spawned 3M troops is because I took all the gold colonies

My 32nd EUIV run: The Papal States -> Kingdom of God.

While I didn't start off militarily and economically very strong, being the Pope made me a diplomatic great power, because I could secure good alliances and had great relations with the rest of the Catholic world. I allied with Austria and Milan, so they could help me out with other Italian states, especially Venice. I had to wait until 1446, when Milan's truce expired with Venice, before I could declare war on our common enemy. I took Ravenna, while I was generous enough to give Milan both of its cores back.
While waiting for the Aragonese king to die, I also managed to take Ferarra and Bologna. When I just had annexed both of my vassals, it finally happened and I immediately declared war on Naples, before they could get any allies. It got me 91 AE and I had to stop expanding for a while, my starting Pope had already died, so I didn't get -10 AE. It was really hard to get and keep their liberty desire below 50%, even with the Influence ideas, I had to constantly placate their rulers, until I finally managed to integrate them.
From then on, I continued to expand and subjugate the remaining Northern Italian countries, either by conquest or diplo vassalisation. I had yet to finish off the last remnants, weakened Milan and my vassals - Trent and Saluzzo (I had to diplo vassalise them, because they were allied to France and Spain), to declare the Kingdom of God, but then the League War triggered. It was a very hard fight, for most of the war, we had -20% score and I was already preparing for the worst - Peace of Westphalia. But no, Mainz was the war leader and 5 years passed from its full occupation and we suddenly got 100% warscore. I totally didn't expect that to happen.
After the war, I cleaned up Northern Italy and finally declared the Kingdom of God. I also made an alliance with the Commonwealth, Austria had given off big chunks of their territory to Russia, but I needed them, so I could have another strong ally against the Ottomans and, eventually, against Austria itself. Our alliance lasted until the end of the campaign.

01. Kingdom of God.png
02. World map.png
03. Score.png
04. Kingdom of God.png

My vassals: Croatia and Byzantium.
My allies: Provence (my initial rival became my ally later on), Commonwealth, Bulgaria, Georgia and Ethiopia.

About the British isles. England somehow failed to conquer most of Ireland and half of Scotland. Well, yeah, united Ireland is partially due to my intervention, I kicked out the British out of there and forced them to become Catholic. I gave the provinces to a surviving Irish tag and they formed Ireland. Later on they conquered Scotland, as well.
I also was allied with Fezzan for a while, I conquered them, converted their provinces and then released them. It was done in order to stop the damned pirates raiding my coast all the time.

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Those are some seriously pretty European borders (let's not talk about the HRE of course). They look very convincingly alt-history, and I love it.

I'm also in moderate awe of that AI Ethiopia. Holy shit.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Those are some seriously pretty European borders (let's not talk about the HRE of course). They look very convincingly alt-history, and I love it.

I'm also in moderate awe of that AI Ethiopia. Holy shit.
Well, I helped to shape it a bit.
I helped Ethiopia a lot. I even declared some wars solely just to help them to expand. They were still quite successful before I made an alliance with them, though.
I also helped Provence against France, but they eventually started to do it on their own.
I also have no idea how Portugal managed to expand from Benin all the way to Fezzan.

• 1Love
Reactions:
My glorious British Empire, first time getting first in score and great power. My colonies went a little berserk, most of the time I didn't even need to make them declare war to expand they did it themselves.

1651385047920.png

France only has 2 provinces left and they're both in Canada

1651385230966.png

And this is my colonies released

1651385434002.png

Australia also has a nice flag

1651385551824.png

Cuba is also a great power on their own

1651385668369.png

1651386186510.png

1651386218733.png

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
This was a hard one, France kept warning me then the Ottomans decided they wanted to warn me. Then the UK enjoyed randomly intervening in my wars. Started as Florence, formed Tuscany. Managed to build half of the African trade colony before the rest got sniped by France and Holland.

1651580764744.png

Bengal went completely insane as you can see lol, Bengal usually grows into a super blob.

1651580495764.png

1651580876443.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
My 33rd EUIV run: Oirat -> Yuan -> Mongol Empire.

This time something different than the usual tall empires you can expect from me. At 1st I wanted to do Mongolia -> Yuan run, but I decided that I wanted to go wider, so I restored the Mongol Empire instead. Mongolia -> Yuan run is reserved for the future.

This is my 1st game with a horde, so I had to read up a bit and watch some guides how to properly manage them and how to defeat the Ming. Well, most of the guides were for outdated versions, like using the CB to take the Mandate (you need to take the Mandate 1st before taking any provinces) and allying with Korchin (they're a Ming tributary now, they're no longer independent). Despite that, I still managed to do quite well in the beginning and captured the Ming emperor in my 1st battle. I was worried that with the battle changes it would no longer be possible to stack wipe Ming armies one after another, but no, it still works and I completely smashed them by taking Beijing. In just 2 months I started my next war, I attacked Kara Del, one of their tributaries, this time I didn't take any provinces from Ming, but took another 2500 ducats and war reps. My next target was Sagir Yogir and Ming with its huge financial problems didn't even join the war. They never recovered from this, especially since I kept attacking them. Eventually, rebels broke their country and Yue and Wu declared independence. Since I had no interest to stay as Yuan and claim the Mandate, I had to destroy it 1st, before forming Yuan. I was about to do it, but Yue suddenly snatched the mandate from Ming. So I became Yuan much later than I expected to.
While dealing with Ming and their remnants, I also attacked Chagatai, Uzbek and Korchin. When I had dealt with them my next goals were to fully conquer the steppes, so Transoxania had to disappear, and to reach the Black Sea. There was quite strong Georgia allied with Muscovy. It wasn't that bad though, Muscovy was quite weak and Georgia, although unusually strong, still had no chance against my cavalry.
I didn't even feel any challenge and the campaign was quite relaxing until I engaged the Ottomans, of course. I was barely able to win my 1st war and only thanks to Austria being my ally and them occupying Ottoman holdings in Europe, but they got stuck there, they didn't go around the Black Sea to join my forces. My next war was much more successful though, because Austria somehow now knew how to walk around the Black Sea and we managed to get 99% score. From then on I fought the Ottomans for like another 200 years until they totally disappeared from the map in 1805.
This time I didn't become an economical hegemon, but declared a military hegemony instead. I think it's much more fitting for a warlike country like the Mongol Empire.

01. Mongol Empire.png

02. World map.png

03. Score.png

04. Mongol Empire.png

My allies: Austria.
My vassals: Mamluks and Cyprus.
My tributaries: Riga, Estonia, Perm, Bulgaria, Greece Mahra, Najd, Al Hasa, Hormyz, Kangra, Buthan, Bengal, Taungu, Pegu, Siam (Lan Na formed it), Khmer, Lan Xang, Ainu, Chavchuveny and Khodynt.

Note: When forming Yuan, I didn't want to become Sino-Altaic, since I went for the Mongol Empire instead of remaining as Yuan. So I took the 1.32 decision instead of 1.33, so I could remain in my culture group and it would be a bit immersion breaking. But in my Mongolia -> Yuan run, whenever it happens, I'll of course Sinisise my culture.

• 5Like
Reactions:
I wanted to do it again but with Naples and oh dear lord Naples is probably the worst nation in Italy given it has PU CBs on it from both Spain and France you have to form Sicily to remove them. It was a lot harder then Florence since pretty much nothing went my way alliance wise. I got completely screwed over on centers of reformation they were both fighting over how many provinces they could convert. I actually managed to get Hungary as an ally who then immediately got massacred by Poland who had stopped Russia from ever forming. They then slowly murdered Muscovy before completely annexing it.

1651833038876.png

• 2Like
Reactions:
I wanted to do it again but with Naples and oh dear lord Naples is probably the worst nation in Italy given it has PU CBs on it from both Spain and France you have to form Sicily to remove them. It was a lot harder then Florence since pretty much nothing went my way alliance wise. I got completely screwed over on centers of reformation they were both fighting over how many provinces they could convert. I actually managed to get Hungary as an ally who then immediately got massacred by Poland who had stopped Russia from ever forming. They then slowly murdered Muscovy before completely annexing it.
Who formed Mughals? I see that Transoxiana, Afghanistan and Khorsan exist

Back again with another game, started as Bahmanis. This was a fun game and not quite as stressful as my last two lol. Also Europe got kind of interesting lol.

1652108732155.png

The United States of Natives is the only reason why Spain didn't consume everything they got a PU on Portugal and successfully intergrated them.

1652108863255.png

And surprise entries of Italy and Norway, Tuscany smashed everyone early quickly gaining control of Rome using the city to build their empire since they got converted to Reformed.

1652109040250.png

1652109109973.png

• 4Like
Reactions: