• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sailor Mon:

f9eYGpo.jpg

Europe
0aZo8dO.jpg
Religions of North America
euuZUzc.jpg
End Screen
EtS80tW.jpg
Care to share what graphics mod you're using, please? :) It looks awsome!!! :)

Care to share what graphics mod you're using, please? :) It looks awsome!!! :)
Looks ike one of the numerous transparent political map mods out that are out there.

first EU4 playthrough in several years, and it was a lot of fun catching up with all the new DLCs that came out since then.

this is probably not that impressive for the pros here, but i was both a bit proud and just a bit disappointed by this straight Byz playthrough. SO close to re-creating the Roman Empire. Britannia is probably 10-20 years from getting re-unified. in the last sixty year gasp, I went from having just southern Spain and Provence to taking all of Hispania and 75% of Gaul.
upload_2016-4-19_19-44-2.png

Reactions:
Got 29 achievements this run. I'm sure I missed a few (most notably that Prussian Goose one).

Why, why did you skip Prussia? We could've been the 1.15 Brandenburg first ironman 30 achievements bros. :(

Also, France lives in Europe? With a player as Germany?
23b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
Are you responsible for that Ceylon or is is a Genuine AI attempt at The Buddhist Strike Back ?

That was me! As far as I can remember both Gujarat and Ceylon were Hindu protectorates of mine.
I was impressed by how useful protectorates were - I never really use them. I thought they would just Westernise and break off but that didn't happen/

they used to, but not anymore..

20160424035800_1.jpg
20160424035812_1.jpg

Current state of my Ironman Ottoman Empire all expansions. Definetely the Sultan of Rum :p One province away from Unifying Islam, next steps are finishing the integration of Changtai, Afghanistan, and the Hormuz, Eat Portuguese North Africa, Eat all of Persia, Russia, and India -- and try for expanding into the rest of Asia Proper. I have no interests on the Peninsula of Iberia, France has a 200k man army, we were allies until like 8 years ago, and then they randomly rivaled me even though our trust was at 85, but meh whatever.

Reactions:
Another update on my Japan/Qing co-op game, somewhere between 1710 and 1720:
PzJBAny.png

Qing finally westernised, so now I can westernise through them. I didn't manage to grab all of the region, so Scandinavia grabbed uncolonised Sumatra and Samoa before I could get to it. Hopefully they're not going to conquer Pasai before I finish my westernisation - I want to grab what remains of the Malay states in the region for myself while the Qing player gets Indochina and whatever else he wants to conquer on the mainland.
Post-westernisation I'll probably try to establish a small colony somewhere in Africa and expand my foothold in North America - provided the Europeans haven't blocked my room for expansion by then.

What I find peculiar is how isolated the island-based countries are. Yemen has been completely left alone since they lost their mainland territories as is Iceland, despite Scandinavia having claims on the latter. I'll just grab Socotra and the Maledives as soon as I get the Imperialism CB; Madagascar at well.

Can't be an empire without imperialism.

wLCpaF4.png

prIsM5e.png

Restoration of the Roman Republic as Mlian -> Italy. Upon re-formation in 1750:

D9mNoFL.jpg

L2CWf8m.jpg

iZgx9jC.jpg

Some pesky orthodox Khanate still occupies provinces along our sea, obviously an oversight swiftly corrected:

40sbywq.jpg

I have never actually dismantled the HRE, so I thought this would be a fitting campaign to do so - while keeping my pet "Holy Roman Emperor" Silesia around until right before the end for that "Protestant Empire" bonus, of course ;) (no idea why the achievement only showed up after annexing the Maledives, I guess his Imperial Majesty was on vacation :p )

ICkgud5.jpg

A8pZJoR.jpg

The last 70 years were a mad rush for one-tag WC - they often seem to be in my games, I guess I always try hardest when time is running out :D Also, waging five wars simultaneously while being 150% overextended is of course considerably easier when you have large armies in every region of your empire and no significant opposition left on the globe ;) Anyway, this time I missed the mark narrowly...

7EeVLCl.jpg

The old world, of course, is completely and directly under Roman control. However, when integrating Najd and Bukhara, i forgot to activate the Influence/Plutocratic policy for -10% diploannexation cost, wasting literally hundreds of DIP, as well as several of the precious few years left in the game. I ditched Influence afterwards in favour of exploration, in order to get to those last independent tags. Worked out for Rwanda in central africa, however...

ZSUlgvZ.jpg

In the new world, there are still three native tribes - Apache, Comanche and Blackfoot - avoiding rightful Roman rule. Had I discovered earlier that you can actually annex territory that is only connected to your CN via an unfinished colony (and thus giving them an uncoreable province), things might have worked out differently. Come to think of it, I didn't even test if you can demand "concede colonial region" even from isolated natives... oh well.

Final list of countries, Apache hiding at the bottom:

21j90e7.jpg

End-of-game screen:

ktulyfE.jpg