• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My 1.15 Venetian sea run
hAfKyy2.jpg

guekI1V.jpg

And after dismantling
4A35JuC.jpg

Achievements: Venetian sea, full house, blackjack, continuation of diplomacy, that's a silk road, master of India.
Dismantling a large empire is really annoying because you can only grant 1 province at a time to vassals and giving some provinces too protectorates crashed the game for me, but I got it eventually.
Venice is filthy rich btw, was easily able to afford the suez canal when it became available without particularly great management of finances.

Is that....an AI Ethiopia? What the hell....

Is that....an AI Ethiopia? What the hell....
Yeah and the blue in Persia is also theirs (had to take some stuff to make India non-overseas, Persia also used to extend to Russia and Mesopotamia.
It's great what those countries can do if you remove the Ottomans and leave them alone.
they're also still coptic and have converted Mecca btw.

I see Lithuania is being it's usual OP and drunk self.

Yeah and the blue in Persia is also theirs (had to take some stuff to make India non-overseas, Persia also used to extend to Russia and Mesopotamia.
It's great what those countries can do if you remove the Ottomans and leave them alone.
they're also still coptic and have converted Mecca btw.

Dude, that is one of the best "What the hell Alt History" Screenshots I have seen on the forums. The large Greece. The decent Syria. The massive Ehtiopia. That India(Btw, what mod is that which enabled them to form India?). That Iraq. And even at this size, still an impressive AI Persia. And Mein Gott, that Lithuania is even MORE massive than the Lithuania from my last campaign, and I thought the one from mine was ungodly massive.

Reactions:
Dude, that is one of the best "What the hell Alt History" Screenshots I have seen on the forums. The large Greece. The decent Syria. The massive Ehtiopia. That India(Btw, what mod is that which enabled them to form India?). That Iraq. And even at this size, still an impressive AI Persia. And Mein Gott, that Lithuania is even MORE massive than the Lithuania from my last campaign, and I thought the one from mine was ungodly massive.
uhh I did that when I dismantled my empire, India is a client state

Just want to mention that my Navarran empire's capital is in south america, I left after being subjugated by france, and won an independence war because of the greatest admiral, the atlantic ocean. I later conquered Spain, they bankrupted like 30 times throughout my campaign.
Lithuanian Empire.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-16 at 3.01.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-08-22 at 8.03.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-15 at 4.59.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-31 at 6.42.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-31 at 7.16.45 PM.png

If you have any questions ill answer.

Greece, Syria, Iraq, India - all are the player's vassals, released and fed to trigger the VS achievement.

Ooooh really nice Catalonia, when i play it was a very very funny game :)
Thanks, I remember when fighting castile, It was a 1.5:1 ratio, but they had more moral, and france came in and wiped there 35k stack with a 20k, this is of course during a war they were having with england and austria, and also one against burgandy. France is too powerful

Here's the results of my first Ironman game (I had 400 hours when I started it, I just loathe historical lucky nations), patch 1.15:
20160401193714_1.jpg

Just a classic Brandenburg to Prussia to Germany. Spain is in a PU, and both Britain and Turkey are client states. The highlight of this campaign is that this Germany was built on the backstab of a 271 year old, max trust alliance. I had plans to vassalize my ally Bavaria, and form Germany. I kept expanding to reduce the "economic base" malus, and when i went to see after a war if they would accept, they went over 100 development. I went to war with Austria (their only neighbor besides me), forced a 15-year truce with them, and broke the alliance. 5 years later, I made full use of the nationalism CB, and annexed my only, true friend.
In 1718, I formed Germany, built upon the corpses of 52,000 Bavarians (and hundreds of thousands of Polish, Russians, Scandinavians...).

Reactions:
Nice Germany! I'm in the process of finishing up an identical (although far less successful) run. How'd you deal with France and when?
I just opposed France the entire game, holding the Imperial borders, making sure they absolutely never expanded east, and when i could be useful alone against them, allied and married Spain to hold them south ( and got the PU for my troubles). When i unlocked client states, I went all in on them, so 1700. I went to war with them 3 times, everytime taking all i could in provinces without going over 100% OE on my client state. Client states are your best bet for fast expansionism when coalitions don't matter anymore. For example, i created a client state on Anatolia and directly annexed the land of Egypt. Every war against the Ottos i could take nearly 200% OE. I expanded that way on Russia, France, the Balkans and in the end the Ottomans, and always expanding my client state in Italy in the meantime (I never owned land in Italy before annexing my client). I do not know how viable this strategy will be for 1.16.2, since my tech was 26/28/32 :oops:, so I would drown in corruption

Last edited:
Reactions:
Here is my Trebizond run only played it up to 1000 dev for the achievement could continue if I wanted.
08692AE7C963BFF322AEC302968AC5B94A408983

Also Here is my Baltic Crusader Run
10A7EC8EA266F8E67F8B688291B2EDFC028F78DC

I went fairly slow on both of these just playing leisurely and not trying to be to aggressive. Probably could have done both of them a lot faster.

Here is my Trebizond run only played it up to 1000 dev for the achievement could continue if I wanted.
08692AE7C963BFF322AEC302968AC5B94A408983

Also Here is my Baltic Crusader Run
10A7EC8EA266F8E67F8B688291B2EDFC028F78DC

I went fairly slow on both of these just playing leisurely and not trying to be to aggressive. Probably could have done both of them a lot faster.
I`m looking that crusaders owning Odessa :).So,I don`t agree with that bigger piece of Lithuania don`t transforming into Ruthenia(ukrainian provinces more than all another,capital at smaller piece,so WTF?)
Actually,nice borders.Tuscan Poland with ukrainian Lwow inside---OMG.
So,what is government type here?

I`m looking that crusaders owning Odessa :).So,I don`t agree with that bigger piece of Lithuania don`t transforming into Ruthenia(ukrainian provinces more than all another,capital at smaller piece,so WTF?)
Actually,nice borders.Tuscan Poland with ukrainian Lwow inside---OMG.
So,what is government type here?
I was just a simple monarchy empire rank, Tuscany got a PU over Lithuania so thats why it looks like that

I just opposed France the entire game, holding the Imperial borders, making sure they absolutely never expanded east, and when i could be useful alone against them, allied and married Spain to hold them south ( and got the PU for my troubles). When i unlocked client states, I went all in on them, so 1700. I went to war with them 3 times, everytime taking all i could in provinces without going over 100% OE on my client state. Client states are your best bet for fast expansionism when coalitions don't matter anymore. For example, i created a client state on Anatolia and directly annexed the land of Egypt. Every war against the Ottos i could take nearly 200% OE. I expanded that way on Russia, France, the Balkans and in the end the Ottomans, and always expanding my client state in Italy in the meantime (I never owned land in Italy before annexing my client). I do not know how viable this strategy will be for 1.16.2, since my tech was 26/28/32 :oops:, so I would drown in corruption

Cheers! Haven't really explored the client state mechanic - will give it a go.

Did you colonise at all?

@Yugoslavs Awesome Ryazan! What was your opening?

Cheers! Haven't really explored the client state mechanic - will give it a go.

Did you colonise at all?

Nope, I did not have space for colonial ideas at all, since I picked 4 Military ideas. And If you're going for a expansionistic game and plan on using client states, Influence ideas must be your first pick. +25% income from vassals(Applies to clients), -25% diplo annex cost and -20% AE makes your early game so much easier. Added with the -10% AE from Prussian traditions it was insane how much I could expand without going over 50 AE with more than 3 or 4 nations. I annexed Greater Poland ( 6 provinces, about 90 development when I took the mission) with a Conquest CB for 52 AE with poland itself. Never had a single coalition in this campaign. But still had to hold myself in the HRE. Double AE is killer.

Funny thing is, if I had time to annex Spain, I would have 3 colonial nations.

Last edited: