• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do you still have that god ruler? I'm surprised you got a ruler like that and didn't have him die immediately 2 days later.
He lived for about fifty years, and his heir was pretty good too.
Matthias Corvinus is a historical ruler, you get him by event.
That is true, though I also got a regency event that increased his ADM stat from 4 to 6.

He lived for about fifty years, and his heir was pretty good too.

That is true, though I also got a regency event that increased his ADM stat from 4 to 6.
The latter is amazing. Extra 2 adm is pretty strong.

My very modest and best Holland/Netherlands game! Burgundian Inheritance happened early which went to Austria and I allied with France (the alliance lasted throughout the game without breaks). Muscovy got completely shredded to bits by its neighbours. Blobhemia was the HREmpreror throughout the game. I barely managed to unite all the lowlands under the dutch (I would of allied with Bohemia and taken more german land if the Netherlands decision kept me in the HRE). I secured my main goal for dutch Indonesia, Philipines, Australia and New Zealand. I also had many good statholders so I was always ahead of tech and had plenty of monarch points to spare for developing my home provinces. Holland province had 53 dev. I even broke my own record for largest amount of ships!
nzWz4wr.jpg

ooeWaZY.jpg

9cUDGFo.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
Dat Papal State.

Certainly it's not a time record but still in decent time i guess. If i'd known earlier my big vassal Kazan wasn't sufficient to get 1k dev I could carve 5 year earlier by conquering anything in sight. Perma alliance with Ottos works magic :D

ATuMHYQ.png

Reactions:
Damn all you Sunni traitors! The Komnenoi of old are spinning very rapidly in their graves :p

Reactions:
Damn all you Sunni traitors! The Komnenoi of old are spinning very rapidly in their graves :p

If it's vexing, it's hard to resist the urge.

I seriously considered doing a YouTube series with Byzantium with the stated goal of "restoring a great empire". I would have then switched to Sunni and conquered only the provinces of the caliphate, stopping the series there.

Reactions:
If it's vexing, it's hard to resist the urge.

I seriously considered doing a YouTube series with Byzantium with the stated goal of "restoring a great empire". I would have then switched to Sunni and conquered only the provinces of the caliphate, stopping the series there.

Throw in a culture shift and nation form decision and you'll make Byzantophiles everywhere happy. Almost as happy as if you'd revoke and form the HRE with them. Their being a union is a tad annoying, but you should be able to get around that with enough shenanigans :p

Should go Shia if anything. It's bar none the best religion in the game. +20% morale... Ive always wanted to do shia (20%) revolutionary (20%) prussia (20%) + policies (20%) + advisor (10%)... The morale stacking

Should go Shia if anything. It's bar none the best religion in the game. +20% morale... Ive always wanted to do shia (20%) revolutionary (20%) prussia (20%) + policies (20%) + advisor (10%)... The morale stacking

10% morale is by no means worth gunning down your chances at allying the turks forever.

10% morale is by no means worth gunning down your chances at allying the turks forever.
I've seen in this run Shirvan being all time allied with Ottos(well except when i DoW''ed them with Ottos called in different war) but maybe it's only because of no shared border so no -40 for bordering heretics on top of -20 for religion.

You can't convert to Shia in first 3 years of game since there is no room to expand so going for NO CB on Crimea, converting to Sunni and alliance with Ottos is still best option before they or even more probably QQ become hungry.

I have finally finished the rereconquista after so long. I would have done it much sooner if France wasn't cockblocking me for the last 100 years. They took 4 provinces from Aragon. After taking 10 gold mines(another achievement yuppi). Developing them. Filling offensive, quality, almost filling defensive idea(kings had great military score) and getting policies that increased my discipline and art combat ability I was ready to take on the French. Austria dropped rivalry so I allied them and Hanover who was the Emperor. Ottomans - my third ally weren't a big help. I took the bulk of fighting and even won few battles. After occupying Paris and French being busy with sieging deep in Austria for some reason I took everything I needed and finished achievement. It was a fun game.

s7WFC4S.jpg

I wasn't lucky at the start. Iberians were strong. I took Tlemcen and after that Morocco. Shortly after I was DoWed by Castile and kicked out of the peninsula. Later DoWed by Portugal they took what you see in the pic above(never bothered to take it back there were juicer targets in Iberia :D). I was getting ready to restart but before the next war BUT I got an event with 100 tradition general 5/6/4 and managed to fend off 3 iberian powers on my own because they landed separately. I took war reps, started colonizing and head south of Africa. Allied Ottomans and Iberians didn't want to try their luck for the next years to come. It also gave me a chance to westernize. Finally my chance struck when Aragon fully occupied Castile and Portugal. I took my cores and much more and the ball started rolling.

ry1UgUl.jpg

I really like India. Delhi, Bengal and Bahmanis - the big three are allied to each other since France took one province from Bahmanis. Castile capital is at the Cape and Portugal escaped to Spice islands. Poland lost union with Lithuania, but still strong. Funny thing is poor Lithuania was under 3 overlords - Poland, Austria and after that Russia. Now they are free. Also yes it's Scotland exiled to iceland. Scots were pretty vicious in this game. They holded out until late 1500s.

The problem isn't that alliance, but rather that the only Shia land available is either hostile core cost junk with no clear path or Qara Qoyunlu. These are excessively unpleasant options compared to Sunni Crimea or even the more standard Orthodox nations.

In addition, unlike other faiths going Sunni early leaves almost no pressure on you to take religious right away.

1E50C8D46CD1B6F3B2751403E5B4475C81111874

Well on my way to Baltic Crusader on this one, Novgorod, Norway and a couple of minors (Chernigov and Polotsk to split Lithuania between them, and two small HRE states) are my vassals

Only need one more slice of provinces among the eastern borders from Rump Muscovy and Uzbek, and then getting down to Crimea, beating up some Ottoderp. ... and then probably pretty up my realm by eating Brandenburg, Pormerania (owned them at one point, but overreached and was forced to abandon them to a coalition), Hansa and Sweden, and straighten out my southern borders (removing the opm Poland).

Game was made quite a bit easier by Poland starting out with them allying Brandenburg and getting into a war so Commonwealth never happened. Bohemia sat on the Emperor throne from 1463 until recently, where Brittany of everyone got it.

One of better Brandenburg - Prussia games. Didn't went for Germany because I hate color, and honestly Prussia is much better :D

My royal line died (hate that) so i got Russian on throne, then lost Russia as ally rather early because I didn't want them to PU entire Sweden, so I PU them in the end. Then I got Hungary to PU and in the end Russia. Tuscany had same family, but no PU sadly. Couldn't integrate any of them, takes too long, I maybe could do Sweden but couldn't be bothered so I just let them be my attack dog.

For ideas I went full retard - influence, innovative, defensive, administrative, offensive, economic, quality, quantity.

Order was wrong, I can tell now, quantity as last is pointless, probably should be in top 3 when you are in timeline which is hardest for Brandenburg to survive, always lacking manpower.

HFL9146.jpg

lwyDEJf.jpg

wDiGyiQ.png

Worth mentioning huge Ming, and rather compact India, one of countries is in PU with other, cba checking which one was that.

qoKERv6.jpg

African Power! :cool:
From time to time things looked rather grim. When Westafrica consisted of 3 blobs which were allied with each other, when Spain (owner of Morocco) got France in a PU, which luckily broke around 95% integration, or when the Ottomans wielded more than double my army, a big thank you to my rival Russia!
I just don´t know what happened in northern and eastern Europe. :confused: