• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
On 31 December 1499 I had 97 European cores and was 10.8% away from finishing the last three. =(
2015-10-12_00001_zpskyo0c2gz.jpg

Reactions:
The admin burden is crippling and I'm not sure how I'm going to get exploration and westernize in any kind of decent amount of time while eating up China. Only got to admin idea 2 to ease the burden but I'm still adm tech 5. Might have to go Chinese tech all game. Muscovy hasn't taken Novgorod yet so I'm unlikely to meet any kind of decent resistance until it is too late. Picked up 2 OPM chinese vassals, hopefully that'll keep me off coring for a little while.

I ran into the same problem in my Qing game. You don't necessarily need to worry about tech -- you'll still be able to westernize. You'll need to as well. Letting Russia blob to the north of you without being able to keep up in tech is... unpleasant. Try to ignore direct coring and go for diplo-annex. You don't really need a strong fleet. Anyway, I was just barely able to recreate the borders of historical Qing China by the end of my game. Coring costs in China are *crazy*.

I ran into the same problem in my Qing game. You don't necessarily need to worry about tech -- you'll still be able to westernize. You'll need to as well. Letting Russia blob to the north of you without being able to keep up in tech is... unpleasant. Try to ignore direct coring and go for diplo-annex. You don't really need a strong fleet. Anyway, I was just barely able to recreate the borders of historical Qing China by the end of my game. Coring costs in China are *crazy*.

Actually letting Muscovy get to me was the best thing. I went to war with them and picked up a line of provinces to Western Poland and will finish westernizing at 1599. Also have more or less finished taking China proper (only need to annex 2 small vassals and a large one, along with cleaning up a few minors).

DfN3yHW.jpg

Here's a picture of one of my current co-op games. The other two players are Muscovy and the Mamluks.
u0SEehl.jpg

It went fairly well for the most part - except me being a technological backwater and one of my marches being literally worthless. Replacing them isn't worth the hassle, so I keep them for the nice look they have. :/

Reactions:
Actually letting Muscovy get to me was the best thing. I went to war with them and picked up a line of provinces to Western Poland and will finish westernizing at 1599. Also have more or less finished taking China proper (only need to annex 2 small vassals and a large one, along with cleaning up a few minors).

Not bad! I should be taking notes

1E3EBA8DB9B93A5D69DD15A71052DEA54B8CA606

Me: I think I'll just take some of these little islands in the peace deal...
France: Nope.

They have all their overseas territories occupied by, or in the ZoC of, level 8 forts. In this alternate reality if Napoleon were exiled to St. Helena he'd command a doom fortress.

Reactions:
1E3EBA8DB9B93A5D69DD15A71052DEA54B8CA606

They have all their overseas territories occupied by, or in the ZoC of, level 8 forts. In this alternate reality if Napoleon were exiled to St. Helena he'd command a doom fortress.

The AI gets it, this is my favourite strat. High level forts on every island, have fun invading that one!

Reactions:
Here's a picture of one of my current co-op games. The other two players are Muscovy and the Mamluks.
u0SEehl.jpg

It went fairly well for the most part - except me being a technological backwater and one of my marches being literally worthless. Replacing them isn't worth the hassle, so I keep them for the nice look they have. :/
Oh cool didnt know you posted this! (I'm the Mamluks player)
Also Byzantium, Serbia & Hejaz are vassals

Last edited:
u0SEehl.jpg

Ah, thought it was just you (Persia) in the game, until you mentioned Muscovy was also played by another player. I thought Muscovy looked too succesful to be an AI!

Reactions:
Current Danish Empire:
C8859FB1596C7A5A14E4C701161187DF1F39D809

Colonies in the Caribbean, Eastern America and Canada, one in Eastern Africa, a few scattered provinces in India and a lot of colonization and protectorates in Indonesia/Indochina. Bavaria is in a PU since the mid-1500s, I've been feeding them Southern Germany in my spare time. Been harder ever since Saxony, an ally of mine, became Emperor.
Got kinda boring. I was thinking of invading England for Ireland, and for conquering down to Yorkshire.

Bonus Eastern European mess:
96DC4732C3FE27FF2970080BBA88443527BDDDCB

I've been thinking of starting a Republican England run, IIRC that was added as an outcome to the English Civil War, correct?

You should reward them for their ingenuity by conquering all of France proper, and letting France live on as a Caribbean/African country.